Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Subwoofer placement debate thread.... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Subwoofer placement debate thread.... by pavo_roddy
Started on: 01-27-2007 03:46 AM
Replies: 97
Last post by: TommyRocker on 03-10-2010 02:25 PM
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all,

If everyone can play nicely then I would like to hold a debate over which place to put a sub, or subs in a fiero here...... We all know that most do the firewall, and then there are some with them in the passenger footwells, and some under the dash, even larger ones then stock underneath there too..... Finally there are some mounted in the spare tire area......

To start things off, WHOM has been in and heard all of the above mentioned placements and which sounded the better to you??

What I really wanna know through this is which sub placement sounds better in the spare tire area and in the firewall too, so if you've heard both of them, which did you prefer, and if you can answer the all important why question that would be GREAT!!!

Let the CHAOS RAIN!!!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
i've heard 6.5" bazooka's behind the seats, single sealed10" in the center console, sealed 10" on the pass side floor. one 12" custom bandpassunder the dash at the feet of the pass, the ports face the passenger. and one i thought was kind of strange but effective. a single 10" bazooka under the dash of the pass side w/ the port facing the drivers side. out of all of them i would have to say both of the bazooka cars had the heaviest bass that was still clear. if you don't care about being clear then the 12" is by far the heaviest bass in a fiero i have ever heard. hope this helps.
hatchetrider84

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hatchetrider84Click Here to visit hatchetrider84's HomePageSend a Private Message to hatchetrider84Direct Link to This Post
i put a pair of JL audio 6w0's one behind each seat facing backwards through a secondary air space

heres behind the seats

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

through the back window

integrated center console back

----edit---- for more detail

the subs are in the 1/2 tubes and face rearward into the hollow back boards. the air exits at the top. i covered it all in felt and with the seats up you cant even tell it has a system. they hit harder than a pair of 12 i herd in my buddy's explorer. i running a 2000watt lanzar amp...but since the subs are 8ohms its more like 250watt RMS if im lucky

------------------

[This message has been edited by hatchetrider84 (edited 01-28-2007).]

amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
I put two sony 12 inch subs and a 600 watt amp in the trunk area of my sons 85 gt.Its sounds great makes the whole car shake
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i have a 10 in the front trunk of one fiero, and an 8 in the passenger foot well of another. factor in the size difference and that the 10" gets a tad more power. i have a center console box and speakers for a behind the seat setup, but those are unfinished projects.

i think in a strait comparision of the two i've done, the footwell location is better. it's basic, sealed and more or less pointed right at you as part of your front stage (yes i realise bass shouldn't be directional).

the front trunk 10" needs ports to the passenger compartment to get the best out of it (still trying to work the idea up for mine), plus depending on how you do it you might lose room for your spare. i only did the front trunk sub because it's a convertible that dosen't have room behind the seats and i didn't want a sub showing in the center console or the footwell. unless i somehow ended up with another convertible or comeup with some real inspiration on the front trunk porting, i don't think i'll do another.
ly41181

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Direct Link to This Post
I have a 10" in the center console and a 250 watt amp behind the passenger seat. I took the glove box out and pulled the plug out of the back of the center console, so the speaker is ported using that and out the side vents. Its enough for me and sounds real good on each side.

Josh
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to compare location unless the other factors in the set-up are the same. I used to have a JL Audio 8W1 power by a Pheonix Gold 250 watt RMS amp in the passenger side footwell but now I run a JL Audio 10W6v2 in the center console run by a Kicker 500 watt RMS amp. Which sounds better? The center console set-up. But that is undoubtedly because of the components rather than location. I plan to eventually run one 10 behind each seat though. Maybe an 8 in the center console. Mainly for aesthetics though.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
where its mounted is nowhere near as important as how its mounted.
the key to a good subwoofer is matching a speaker to box to a amp.
Altec Lansing computer speaker setups are a great example. 30 watt 5" sub woofer that sound better than most peoples 300 watt 10-12" homemade sub setups.
loud =/= sounds good

I would imagine under dash being the best overall spot for quality, but, it maybe tough to geta box to the right size
center console seems to close - but some like dat. but, you get all the room you need to make a box of proper size.
behind seats - not much room between the dual firewalls - but, you can get stuff back there, its hard to make a box with the proper volume
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

I would imagine under dash being the best overall spot for quality, but, it maybe tough to geta box to the right size
center console seems to close - but some like dat. but, you get all the room you need to make a box of proper size.
behind seats - not much room between the dual firewalls - but, you can get stuff back there, its hard to make a box with the proper volume

I'd imagine it's harder to get sufficient volume under the dash or in a center console. I've managed about .75 cu ft behind the seats in a fairly shallow box (about 2"), if the box is tall and wide. You'd have to be deeper if you have a deep sub or need more volume. Mine aren't even close to the front of the center console.

See here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...010706-2-003613.html
------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-29-2007).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
yeah - I forget some people actually have the option of moving the seat forward some.....
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
With deciding sub placement, you should consider two key elements. First would be are you or your passenger(s) tall? and second, how loud do you really want it?
If you're not tall, it opens up alot of options cause you don't have your seat(s) all the way back. You can put them in the firewall, or center console without interference and ALOT of base. If your tall like myself who needs the seats all the way back (and rests arm on center console) it leaves you with the front passengerside or spare tire area. I didn't want it in the spare tire area, and my wife is tall also, so I couldn't put it in the footwell. Mine sits under my dash, using a 8" crossfire sub and plans I got off another pennocks topic. Everyone says it sounds great, and being a small car it doesn't need to push alot to do that.

Here's the plans I used, I had to slightly modify for taller magnet.

Here's mine out of the car at Aylmer, showing another fiero member the design. If you look closely, speaker area has second layer of 1/2 MDF so the magnet didn't bottom out.

installed

------------------

PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on a second car, and while I wanted to get some bass into it (didn't even have factory sub), I didn't want to build or modify the car in any drastic way. I opted to use a factory sub housing and different subwoofer that Bigfieroman suggested. I'm very impressed with the results and can happily live with what it produces.

Details here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/076432.html
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Behind the seats with leather seats the air doesn't travel well and at 6' not an option for me. Center console I think sub is too close to get the impact/quality sound. Just put your ear close to a sub and far away and tell me which sounds better. Front and back trunks useless unless you get a port in. Still many options for all tastes. I prefer an under dash firing downward. I have two setups but this is the best sounding and best for legroom. I did this about 5 yrs ago. It holds an 8". I wish I could do the same but with a 10". That would sound awesome.

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 4 speed Auto
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all,

Great attitudes and replies.... Isn't that why we all love this forum!! A couple of questions to those who have done or heard spare tire area mounted subs.... If you do port don't you get that whooooooosh of air coming through the port?? Is the port really that necessary?

edit: Also, if you mounted a sub in the front trunk area, how come you lost ac?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 01-30-2007).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i didn't lose ac (well, actually it dosen't work, but it's all still there). i didn't lose anything. my spare still fits in the trunk over the sub.

and actually, it works kind of ok with no porting, but i'm sure it should work better if i could figure out something.

mine is getting maybe around 100 watts (two channels of a kicker kx300.4 bridged), so i'm sure i could also throw more power at it too, but i'm already fighting with it rattling the trunk lid, another reason i'm wanting to try porting, as hopefully some pressure relief from giving that wave somewhere to go.
[side note. if you don't care what bystanders think, you can't hear the trunk rattle sitting in the car. it caught me by surprise when i got out of the car and heard it. even with the top down, if your sitting in the car you hear bass and feel it some, as soon as you hop out and i guess not have the windsheild or something blocking it, it's making all kinds of racket. weird]

but like i said before, unless you just want a challenge or something, or you don't have other options, i'd make the front trunk about the last option (ahead of the rear trunk, but i'm literally not going there with a sub).
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

------------------

1986 Fiero SE Fastback

crytical point

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crytical pointSend a Private Message to crytical pointDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 8's (Bazooka) in the center with 1200 watts to them and it sounds great but I decided that its time for more so I am upgrading to 2 10's and a little bigger box. I love fiberglass and I will say it is the only way to make good noise in a Fiero and a center console box. All my amps are behind the seats and I maintain all seat movment but the box comes out a decent and I cannot see the passenger unless I try.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Alex, what sub are you using? Looks like I got your design for the sub box, but your sub fits better. Also how is your supported? When driving I put a removable brace under the long extenstion at the end and other side has a metal hager that bolts up where the dash is secured to the frame.

------------------

[This message has been edited by x-thumpr-x (edited 01-30-2007).]

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:
Alex, what sub are you using? Looks like I got your design for the sub box, but your sub fits better. Also how is your supported? When driving I put a removable brace under the long extenstion at the end and other side has a metal hager that bolts up where the dash is secured to the frame.

I am using a Polk DB8 or DX8. Don't remember well. It is like the Polk momo that Crutchfield sells but without the fancy look. It goes very low. Box is a snug fit. It is supported by a cable (you can see a little in the pic) on the right hand side that goes to a small bracket that used to hold the courtesy light. To be honest I don't remember what I used on the other side but I think I have some other cable there too.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
It is also possible to improve bass performance of the stock subwoofer system by swapping in a different speaker. I did just that on this new Fiero I'm working on. I wanted the stereo and subwoofer system imrpoved while keeping it very stock. See here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/076432.html

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-03-2007).]

jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post
I guess I went "balls to the wall" with mine had some little MTX stuffed in the headrest, then a 10" under dash (shop did it wish I could have watched) replaced factory in dash speakers with MTX, and the overheads also got MTX treatment, I didnt go for the highest amps and ohms just nice size, and pushed a mid size 500 watt amp also MTX 4 channel it was the only way I could hear music over my loud a$s engine if I had to do it again I would just stick with the in dash 10" and head rest speakers...

has anyone thought of the Blaupunkt (sp?) as they are almost flat then you could use a more slender design

[This message has been edited by jack_ink (edited 01-31-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
CTDIV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTDIVSend a Private Message to CTDIVDirect Link to This Post
This is a great thread. I have been reading and there is a lot of great information on here. I wanted to add that I have done a front mounted sub in the spare tire compartment. The link for it is listed here. http://www.crutchfieldadvis...room/daly_fiero.html

The thing that I find cool about the sub being in the front is the VERY noticible difference of having the bass coming at you, rather then behind you. It is very hard to discribe but there is difference. I have since sold the car that was featured in the article. I am however building another one.

To answer a couple of questions about the front mounted sub. There is no gush of air that you hear through the port. I find that it is very nessesary to port the box other wise you do not get the full effect. In the box that I made, and have more of, I did not lose the AC. As a matter of fact when I was making the box I went through several prototypes to make sure that I got the maximun volumn of air without losing any function of the car. (exept for the spare tire)

The down side that most people express to me in this option, is the fact that you have to cut the floor board. My reply to this is that if you feel the slightest apprehension do not do it. However if you want great sound and all the room in side the car that you have become used to, it is the best way to go. In my humble opinion.

Great thread and keep sharing info.

------------------

I owned a 1985 GT, New project is a 1986 SE. It will be a V-8 powered home brew chop top.

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTDIV:

This is a great thread. I have been reading and there is a lot of great information on here. I wanted to add that I have done a front mounted sub in the spare tire compartment. The link for it is listed here. http://www.crutchfieldadvis...room/daly_fiero.html

Now that's a clean install. How long and wide was the vent pipe?
CTDIV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTDIVSend a Private Message to CTDIVDirect Link to This Post
The port tube is 30" long and 4" in diameter. The tube is PVC ribbed flex tubing, used to supply fresh air to Passenger airplanes while on the tarmack.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all,

CTDIV, that is a beauty of an install!! Could you port to the driver's side too??

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

civicduty13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for civicduty13Click Here to visit civicduty13's HomePageSend a Private Message to civicduty13Direct Link to This Post
i guess i have a sitaution that needs a lil answering also then. I have a single solo l7 10 id like to put in the footwell on the passenger side. The shop that I talked to said a custom box would be 175ish covered in my choice of fabric and designed for the l7. Is that a bad price? also, with the placement of the sub in the footwell, they told me that the bass waves will have more area to travel for better reproduction of the sound. Any thoughts or comments on that?
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all,

Obviously the restrictions of space when talkin about a sub in the fiero is there, but the bigger the box the better the sound right?

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all,

Obviously the restrictions of space when talkin about a sub in the fiero is there, but the bigger the box the better the sound right?

Wrong. If the sub's specs call for a sealed .5 cu ft box, putting in a bar fridge sized ported box won't perform properly. Sure it will still make noise. That's why you figure out what kind and size of box you can manage to fit in there and THEN buy the sub you need - not the other way around.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post02-03-2007 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

With deciding sub placement, you should consider two key elements. First would be are you or your passenger(s) tall? and second, how loud do you really want it?
If you're not tall, it opens up alot of options cause you don't have your seat(s) all the way back. You can put them in the firewall, or center console without interference and ALOT of base. If your tall like myself who needs the seats all the way back (and rests arm on center console) it leaves you with the front passengerside or spare tire area. I didn't want it in the spare tire area, and my wife is tall also, so I couldn't put it in the footwell. Mine sits under my dash, using a 8" crossfire sub and plans I got off another pennocks topic. Everyone says it sounds great, and being a small car it doesn't need to push alot to do that.

Here's the plans I used, I had to slightly modify for taller magnet.
*snip*

installed

Since you lose some cabin space with your design, how hard is it for passengers to get in and out still? I rarely have them but it does happen once in a while and id not want them kicking the hell out of it as they come and go.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post02-03-2007 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006
This may sound stupid as ive not looked inside one myself, but is there any room inside the doors for something?

Ive had door mounted speakers in other ( larger ) cars in the past.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all

This is 1 of 2 threads I have saved about door mounted speakers.... I just hope you don't mean subs....

1: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/070925.html

2: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071981.html

edit to add # 2...

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 02-03-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

This may sound stupid as ive not looked inside one myself, but is there any room inside the doors for something?

Ive had door mounted speakers in other ( larger ) cars in the past.

Subwoofers are usually enclosed in a tightly sealed box (or trunk) or in a ported box where the port is specifically calculated. In both cases you want it built from rigid materal like MDF, thick fiberglass, plexi etc. with reinforcement. Hell, some world class SPL vehicles build sub-boxes with concrete sides. A door is far from being sealed, and would be difficult to do so. In addition, the plastic door skins would flex and rattle. Door mounts would be suitable for tweeters, midrange and maybe mid-bass - wouldn't give you the best results with subs.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-04-2007).]

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Since you lose some cabin space with your design, how hard is it for passengers to get in and out still? I rarely have them but it does happen once in a while and id not want them kicking the hell out of it as they come and go.

Don't loose much at all, my fiancee doesn't complain about it, only one grouch does whenever he gets into the car and then he's just trying to annoy me (he just jealous ) . It's better then the 10 inch I had laying on the floor in front of the seat. Passengers used to have to put thier legs over it and then complain thiers legs would go to sleep with the bass messaging them.
Mike Marden

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MardenSend a Private Message to Mike MardenDirect Link to This Post
Pavo, PM sent.

------------------
86 SE 2.8 4-Speed

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

I went looking and found my original drawing (below). You made the box much smaller going for 8" instead of the 10.5" I specified at the bottom side. That would make the small volume even smaller and impact sound. Not sure how you could also fit a bigger mag making the box smaller.

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 02-04-2007).]

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post

I went looking and found my original drawing (below). You made the box much smaller going for 8" instead of the 10.5" I specified at the bottom side. That would make the small volume even smaller and impact sound. Not sure how you could also fit a bigger mag making the box smaller.

Hmmm, guess I'm gonna try to build a second box
The plans I showed where straight off another pennocks topic so someone else might have sortened it down. As for the magnet, it wasn't deep enough for it, maybe with the 2 extra inches of width, it might have fit o.k.

[This message has been edited by x-thumpr-x (edited 02-04-2007).]

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone else running bass shakers? They're a good suplement to any sub to give you that little extra "feeling" of bass.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm, guess I'm gonna try to build a second box
The plans I showed where straight off another pennocks topic so someone else might have sortened it down. As for the magnet, it wasn't deep enough for it, maybe with the 2 extra inches of width, it might have fit o.k.

So someone took my drawing and screwed it up. I think it can be made a little bigger (taller inside the dash) with more time to measure and odd shape. That would give even more sub options.

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post

So someone took my drawing and screwed it up. I think it can be made a little bigger (taller inside the dash) with more time to measure and odd shape. That would give even more sub options.

Found the link to where I got the dimensions.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030204-1-022438.html
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all

Bump soz I can adds this to my favorites........

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock