Started on: 10-07-2002 02:36 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: m0sh_man on 10-08-2002 11:27 PM
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2002 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
a while back someone was posting demensions for a under dash sub box that could hold a 6.5" woofer or even a 8" woofer, i need to get those dimensions, im planing on putting a clarion 8" woofer under the dash, or a bostwick woofer, I'd like to try this in my daily driver, while i put two 10's or 12" woofers in my sound car(cut out firewall)

anyone with a link, or dimensions please post them,

matthew

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2002 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
bump
StansGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2002 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTDirect Link to This Post
I put a 6" JL sub in a Fiero store reinforced stock box, and I think, it sounds better than alot of the fiero home made boxes.

P.S. Its loud and very deep sounding! I would compare it to at least a tight 12" regular boxed sub. I belive the box cost $50 and the sub was $75, so its rather costly , but it fits in the right place, and people are rather impressed when they can find the box, but can hear it down the street.

------------------
02' 3800SC Poly, Koni, Enkei

kneebarx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2002 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kneebarxSend a Private Message to kneebarxDirect Link to This Post
Are you looking for something like this?
www.angelfire.com/ny3/kneebar/honda.html
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2002 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
No, the one im looking for, mounts in the same place the factory sub is, only its a wooden box, and it hangs down lower, about 2 inches lower, and goes accross the dash, under the glove box, this is how it makes the airspace for a 8" woofer, i need to get the schematic drawing of it. i used to see the website for it, but now i dont, and the search function sucks on pff, it was once posted here also.

matthew

86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2002 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
I have a 10 in my car in a custom built box that is under the A/C. It doesnt cramp space that bad.

------------------
86 FIERO GT, puttin a N* and tons of other goodies. STAY TUNED

Morninglight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2002 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorninglightClick Here to visit Morninglight's HomePageSend a Private Message to MorninglightDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 FIERO GT:
I have a 10 in my car in a custom built box that is under the A/C. It doesnt cramp space that bad.

That's exactly what I (and the topicstarter probably) want too...

Can you post some images/drawings/measurements of the box?

------------------

'85 Fiero 2m4

Nederlands Fiero forum

schism

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2002 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for schismSend a Private Message to schismDirect Link to This Post
Is it nessesary to cut out the firewall for speakers?

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8L, TH440 OD Tranny , Ported plenum ,intake,manifolds , Throttlebody, flowmaster muffler,15" American Racing rim's,Complete engine gasket overhaul..

1985 IROC Z , 350FI 5spd "yes the T5" 3:73's, t-bar roof's , loaded..

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2002 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
hmm i think im being miss understood, I WANT ONE that goes in the factory location, not in the footwell, but above the footwell, there is plenty of room under there for an 8" woofer.

and shism, depending on the size of the woofer if you put it in the back, then yes you may have to cutout the firewall, plus it adds .25 cubic feet of airspace, it also makes sound reproduction better by making the box deeper, about 3 inches deeper, thus making more room for the magnet also.

matthew

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2002 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Is this what you are looking for?
kneebarx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2002 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kneebarxSend a Private Message to kneebarxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by StansGT:
I put a 6" JL sub in a Fiero store reinforced stock box, and I think, it sounds better than alot of the fiero home made boxes.

P.S. Its loud and very deep sounding! I would compare it to at least a tight 12" regular boxed sub. I belive the box cost $50 and the sub was $75, so its rather costly , but it fits in the right place, and people are rather impressed when they can find the box, but can hear it down the street.

Really? How many watts is it?

PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2002 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
Is this what you are looking for?

exactly what im looking for, have you tried this box jake?

matthew

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock