88 IRM IMSA by IMSA/GT
Started on: 06-11-2016 06:57 AM
Replies: 108 (3664 views)
Last post by: Voided on 08-23-2016 10:50 PM
IMSA/GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:
Awesome. Do you mind sharing which one you used? There are several options and I can't tell from the pictures.
Thanks!

It's called the buddy travel cup holder:

http://www.corvetteamerica....0&subcategoryid=X060

These are sold in single and dual style. We have the dual style. Again you do have to trim some off the bottom to adjust for the shorter Fiero console height.

IP: Logged
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonathan Tate:

They were being polite,.

LOL That's probably why they put me in the middle of their group so I wouldn't get lost? And yes they were all polite. They are a church based sports car / racing group who does a tremendous amount of charity: http://powershift2024.org/ It was a real pleasure to cruise with them.
RPYRAZOO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2016 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA: Fantastic car, one of the best I've ever seen. That said, those cup holders; I visited the Corvette America site and noticed the model of holder in your car is dual. Does it matter what year Corvette holder in their ad matches yours--they show two different year choices.
Thanks,
Rich
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RPYRAZOO:

IMSA: Fantastic car, one of the best I've ever seen. That said, those cup holders; I visited the Corvette America site and noticed the model of holder in your car is dual. Does it matter what year Corvette holder in their ad matches yours--they show two different year choices.
Thanks,
Rich

I ordered their # 48580 travel buddy 2 cup holder in cashmere in July 2010. They don't offer colors now so the closest current model would be their #48579 . I spoke with Danny @ ext 253 from Corvette America ( 800-458-3475 ). You can paint it any color you want and do have to trim some off bottom to fit the shorter fiero console height.

[This message has been edited by IMSA/GT (edited 06-25-2016).]

RPYRAZOO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA: Thanks for your time and info. Best of luck with the sale.
Rich
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2016 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the new month and for those returning from vacations.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2016 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got to ride in it a few years back. one hell of a car
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the new month. This IMSA is ready for a new owner to enjoy the summer on the road or at the track.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2016 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA/GT:

Bump for the new month. This IMSA is ready for a new owner to enjoy the summer on the road or at the track.

Post a price then. How am I supposed to know if it's worth my time to come check it out if you won't post a price? Sure, the pics are nice, but there are plenty of people with equally nice cars posting prices.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:
Post a price then. How am I supposed to know if it's worth my time to come check it out if you won't post a price? Sure, the pics are nice, but there are plenty of people with equally nice cars posting prices.

Make him an offer, if he turns it down as to low post your losing 'bid' so the next person can make a higher offer!

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 08-02-2016).]

Jonathan Tate

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is not serious about selling this car, if he was he would have posted a price, this post is just a waste of our time unless you want a cup holder...

[This message has been edited by Jonathan Tate (edited 08-02-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Simple..............make an offer that you feel this IMSA is worth to you. True that there are many fieros for sale here but only one IMSA.

IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA/GT

166 posts
Member since Jun 2003

He is not serious about selling this car, if he was he would have posted a price, this post is just a waste of our time unless you want a cup holder...

Well nobody is forcing you to read any posts on this forum - it's your choice. And it's true this thread has helped many other fiero owners looking for ideas for their cars.

Again as earlier, if you want this IMSA then simply make an offer that you are comfortable with. Who knows when you might need a replacement again?
cuestickjived

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have worked on this car over the years.
It is an amazing example of an early Custom Fiero. I love the fact that it doesn't have a V8 or a 3800. This car is PERIOD CORRECT. You can't buy it now, and there are faster cars... But this car is truly collectible.
It will actually rise in value in time.
I WISH I had the room for this one.
I am upset to see it go, but I know the new owner will be happy.
Take care of it. This is a special car.

------------------
Fiero Jon
www.FieroService.com
609-713-9609
Over 150 Fieros have dripped oil in my shop!

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2016 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Simple..............make an offer that you feel this IMSA is worth to you. True that there are many fieros for sale here but only one IMSA.

The question isn't what it's worth to me. You're the one selling the car. The question is how much it's worth to you. If I make a totally reasonable offer, but you won't take anything less than $100K for it, then what's the point of making other people waste time trying to figure out what it is that you want?

If you want people to bid on it, then don't post it in the mall. Post it on eBay as an auction or in the auctions section on here.
Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The question isn't what it's worth to me. You're the one selling the car. The question is how much it's worth to you. If I make a totally reasonable offer, but you won't take anything less than $100K for it, then what's the point of making other people waste time trying to figure out what it is that you want?

If you want people to bid on it, then don't post it in the mall. Post it on eBay as an auction or in the auctions section on here.

Listen to the voice of reason IMSA/GT
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Listen to the voice of reason IMSA/GT

Truth is that this IMSA is definitely for sale. And there have been many reasonable voices who have posted compliments for this IMSA. So if this thread / post is not running as you expect / want then don't read it. Simple as that. Go find another thread to complain about.
Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cuestickjived:

This car is PERIOD CORRECT.

Wrong year, wrong color, wrong engine wrong builder.

Originally posted by cuestickjived:

But this car is truly collectible.

This original IMSA built by PONTIAC with the right colors and the right engine brought $3,520 at auction on August 1, 2013

Here is the auction results page:

http://auctionsamerica.com/...uping=&category=Cars

Here is the original thread with pictures:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092415.html

The completely restored, well documented, bonafide race car #55 Goodwrench Pontiac Fiero IMSA GTU Huffaker Engineering, sold at Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2009 for $25,300.00.

Here is the auction results page:
http://www.barrett-jackson....RENCH-RACE-CAR-71896

If these are the prices that the two most important IMSA Fieros brought just how many serious "collectors" are there out there that want to pay top buck for a look alike copy?

I have owned Fieros since they have been made. I have owned two IMSA bodied Fieros in the past and just purchased another with a v8 from another forum member. Fact is that the Fieros that bring the most money are completely stock pristine low mileage cars that are as new. I have seen re-bodied v-8 Fieros sell on eBay that are in excellent condition go for 1/5 their build cost and consistently bring less money that pristine original Fieros.

Truth is that this IMSA is definitely for sale. And there have been many reasonable voices who have posted compliments for this IMSA. So if this thread / post is not running as you expect / want then don't read it. Simple as that. Go find another thread to complain about.

No price means overpriced or not seriously for sale. Post a price if you want to sell it. I will post my views as I wish just as you post yours. Even if you don't approve. The facts I posted above speak for themselves. If you don't like what you read here then take your own rude advice:

So if this thread / post is not running as you expect / want then don't read it. Simple as that. Go find another thread to complain about.

Revoevom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RevoevomSend a Private Message to RevoevomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ornery guy is right. Post a price, I would like to know how much a car like this costs.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2016 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you just posting it to get compliments? I can say it's a nice car all day long, but obviously you aren't just going to sign the title over for no money, because I said your car is nice.

Will you take $3500 for it? That's roughly what the original IMSA concept went for at auction, and heck it had a real SD4 DOHC engine in it.
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2016 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA/GT it's pretty apparent that this might not be the right crowd. If there is a prospective buyer here, they may likely be chased off by the naysayers (who for some reason believe they have the right to dictate terms in someone else's for sale thread when they're obviously not in the market or they would have contacted you directly). I'd say eBay would be your best bet, or some other venue where comments won't muddy up your attempt to find another home for your car. It may or may not sell, but at least you'll have an unhindered attempt. Good luck, the car really is beautiful.
PFF
System Bot
legutt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's $5000 waiting for you at my house.
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITR SOL:

IMSA/GT it's pretty apparent that this might not be the right crowd. If there is a prospective buyer here, they may likely be chased off by the naysayers (who for some reason believe they have the right to dictate terms in someone else's for sale thread when they're obviously not in the market or they would have contacted you directly). I'd say eBay would be your best bet, or some other venue where comments won't muddy up your attempt to find another home for your car. It may or may not sell, but at least you'll have an unhindered attempt. Good luck, the car really is beautiful.

Agreed. So typical that someone with nothing better to do would inject their negative terms / opinions into an otherwise positive thread. I've witnessed this many times on PFF over the years.
And it is already listed in the classified sections on some other car forums without any naysayers. There are so many car people ( even fiero fanatics ) that don't know of / frequent PFF. Just wanted to include the fiero crowd in case someone was interested in giving this IMSA a new home.
Thanks for the ebay idea. An auction might be worth a try.

[This message has been edited by IMSA/GT (edited 08-02-2016).]

ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2016 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are actually many Fiero guys that don't really focus here, if at all. Ron Smigla doesn't even really advertise his restorations here, I'm assuming because of the extremely cheap and overly vocal nature of many of the people here. He uses eBay to sell his cars, and they usually go for a better price than he could ever get here.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...overly vocal nature of many of the people here.

Well, it is a forum.

I don't hang out in PFF O/T any longer as I don't enjoy the nature of the majority of discussion there. That's my choice.

If a vendor doesn't like being asked for the price of an item being offered for sale here in the PFF Mall... fine, I'm sure there are other sites to list an item at where perhaps no one is allowed to ask the price.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-02-2016).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2016 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Agreed. So typical that someone with nothing better to do would inject their negative terms / opinions into an otherwise positive thread. I've witnessed this many times on PFF over the years.
And it is already listed in the classified sections on some other car forums without any naysayers. There are so many car people ( even fiero fanatics ) that don't know of / frequent PFF. Just wanted to include the fiero crowd in case someone was interested in giving this IMSA a new home.
Thanks for the ebay idea. An auction might be worth a try.

How is asking you how much you want to sell your car for, "naysaying" exactly? It seems to me to be wholly appropriate. You are selling something, and as a potential buyer, I'd like to know how much you are looking to sell it for. Likewise, when I go to a local bar, they don't ask me to make an offer for the beer I'm about to drink, before serving me. That would be ludicrous.

You're expecting people to somehow intuit the entire history of your own car, and then offer you some amount of money based on that knowledge they don't have, as a means of selling the car, for whatever reasonable value you've already determined the car is worth to you, and continually refuse to state any monetary value for the vehicle. To me, that sounds exactly like what you want, is to not sell the car. And anyone who asks any questions, like what you are looking to get for the car, is a naysayer, while everyone who agrees with you is somehow respectful and great. Sorry for busting your filter bubble, but this is a totally public forum, and just as you are free to post your car for sell, everyone else is free to ask how much you want for the car. If you can't state a value you wish to sell the car for when they ask you, then it seems very much you don't really want to sell the car.

I, and many of my friends, have bought and sold many cars over the years, and the only time I ever see people exhibiting the same behavior as you do here, they don't really want to sell their car.

The only reason I cam into this thread is because it was mentioned in another thread over in another part of the forum that it was being sold, and I thought it looked like a decent build and if the price was right, then maybe I'd look at it. But since you can't even state how much you want for the car, and your arrogance about the whole idea of anyone asking you how much you want for your car, at this point, I really wouldn't be interested, even if you were to give it away. It seems like it would be a pain dealing with you to transfer title or anything, really.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(double post)

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 08-03-2016).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Originally posted by Patrick:

Well, it is a forum.
If a vendor doesn't like being asked for the price of an item being offered for sale here in the PFF Mall... fine, I'm sure there are other sites to list an item at where perhaps no one is allowed to ask the price.

I don't personally see a problem with asking for a price, but after the OP addresses the question, even if the answer is "I'm open to discussion with serious buyers", then the mature and considerate choice should be for people to take the answer they got and be respectful. If any of the people throwing grief were actually potential buyers, they would have then contacted him privately to discuss details. Trying to badger him into throwing a price out isn't going to do anything but show a lack of consideration. Not to mention the fact that the behavior shown suggests that the same people will just argue about the worth of the car and their opinion of the asking price. Simply put, he doesn't want to engage in a public debate about HIS car's worth with people who aren't serious buyers in the first place. The choice is either leave him be or continue to harass him with no benefit to anyone.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Simply put, he doesn't want to engage in a public debate about HIS car's worth with people who aren't serious buyers in the first place.

Stating a price wouldn't commit the vendor to engaging "in a public debate"... unless he chose to do so.

I dunno, I guess everyone's different. If I'm looking for a car and I see something appealing in Craigslist, with no price listed... I just move on... because IMO it makes little sense to advertise a car for sale without mentioning a price. I know, I know... you'll say the people complaining here should be doing just that... moving on. The difference though, and it's already been stated a couple of times, is that this is a forum. People participate here to discuss things... prices included.

Anyway, it's not a big deal to me. I said my two cents worth, and I don't believe I offended anyone in the process. It's a nice car that's the focus of this discussion.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Stating a price wouldn't commit the vendor to engaging "in a public debate"... unless he chose to do so.

Anyway, it's not a big deal to me. I said my two cents worth, and I don't believe I offended anyone in the process. It's a nice car that's the focus of this discussion.

True, unless he's unsure or only wants to discuss it with someone serious. There are a lot of time wasters here. You didn't seem to say anything too offensive, but there are others like Mr. Tate who are already arguing the worth of the car, without even knowing the price. For some reason, this being a forum, without active moderation seems to make people think they're justified in openly harassing other members when they post something for sale. Seriously, if you look through the mall, it's the same people throwing attitude in any thread that has the slightest hint of controversy. It's ruining it for everyone else, and has made countless people leave the forum.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seriously, if you look through the mall, it's the same people throwing attitude in any thread that has the slightest hint of controversy. It's ruining it for everyone else, and has made countless people leave the forum.

IMO, the "attitude" displayed in the Mall (or in the tech areas) is pretty mild compared to what runs rampant in O/T. Anyway, that's a discussion for a different time in a different place.

PFF
System Bot
Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

True, unless he's unsure or only wants to discuss it with someone serious.

How does he know if someone is serious if there is no price reference?
If he was serious he would have posted a price or put it on eBay and posted a link.

there are others like Mr. Tate who are already arguing the worth of the car, without even knowing the price.

I am not arguing the price of the car as I do know it, I asked but received no answer. I only posted factual auction sales of 2 cars that exceed the collectable value of this car for everyone's reference. I could post more IMSA bodied Fiero sales results if those two are not enough.

For some reason, this being a forum, without active moderation seems to make people think they're justified in openly harassing other members when they post something for sale. Seriously, if you look through the mall, it's the same people throwing attitude in any thread that has the slightest hint of controversy. It's ruining it for everyone else, and has made countless people leave the forum.

I am not new to this forum, I have been here since it began. I left after so many trolls made it a waste of time and now I am back. Censorship has no place in any open forum. Someone offers to sell taillight covers but they have lousy business ethics and consistently does not deliver and I point it out. Someone post a car I have an interest in buying (as noted in the first page of this post) and I do not receive an answer so I point it out. Someone jumps to conclusions without knowing the facts and I also point it out.

In any case I bought an IMSA as a result of this post from a local who is a member. He asked a fair price and I paid it.

That being said.
I believe this is not a for sale post. I believe this is a look at my car and tell me how great it is post and if you are foolish enough to offer a ridiculous price I might just sell it to you post or not cause if I post a price and someone accepts I may actually have to sell it.

By the way IMSA/GT; it is a beautiful car and its great. How much is it?
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by legutt:

There's $5000 waiting for you at my house.

Ha! That won't even pay for the fiberglass from Sage let alone installing it on a donor car + body prep + painting.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096929.html

Then to complete the package you'll probably want the Stage II turbo to move you and the coilover / poly suspension, wide wheels / tires to keep you on course. The professionally built construction list continues on to make this IMSA a special ride on both road and track.

ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish this didn't happen in people's threads

[This message has been edited by ITR SOL (edited 08-03-2016).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not new to this forum, I have been here since it began. I left after so many trolls made it a waste of time and now I am back. Censorship has no place in any open forum. Someone offers to sell taillight covers but they have lousy business ethics and consistently does not deliver and I point it out.

He answered your question by saying he wanted to discuss it directly with a potential buyer. How does he know if someone is serious? They contact him directly instead of trying to force him to discuss it openly in a way he's obviously uncomfortable with.

So, trolls made being here a "waste of time", and now you're back. Yet, once you didn't get your way, you started threadcrapping, and trying to not only insult his car's worth by negatively comparing it to other cars, but him directly by implying he is being inappropriate somehow when he wants to sell HIS car HIS way. You don't want to do it his way, and you JUST admitted you're not looking to buy his car. What's the purpose of continuing this? Seriously, what are you hoping to achieve? From here, it looks like you're contributing to that troll thing.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Ha! That won't even pay for the fiberglass from Sage let alone installing it on a donor car + body prep + painting.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096929.html

Then to complete the package you'll probably want the Stage II turbo to move you and the coilover / poly suspension, wide wheels / tires to keep you on course. The professionally built construction list continues on to make this IMSA a special ride on both road and track.

Sorry to say, but this is how people are here. I had people telling me my car wasn't worth 1/5 of the parts cost for my engine alone. You're not going to get much here besides mostly grief. From experience, it's best to just ignore the insults. Trying to communicate with them just gives them more ammunition to try to use against you.
Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He answered your question by saying he wanted to discuss it directly with a potential buyer. How does he know if someone is serious? They contact him directly instead of trying to force him to discuss it openly in a way he's obviously uncomfortable with.

So, trolls made being here a "waste of time", and now you're back. Yet, once you didn't get your way, you started threadcrapping, and trying to not only insult his car's worth by negatively comparing it to other cars, but him directly by implying he is being inappropriate somehow when he wants to sell HIS car HIS way. You don't want to do it his way, and you JUST admitted you're not looking to buy his car. What's the purpose of continuing this? Seriously, what are you hoping to achieve? From here, it looks like you're contributing to that troll thing.

Once more you make a comment without knowing anything about what occurred. I sent a PM: he did not reply. Later on I received another PM about a local v8 IMSA from another member and I bought it the next day. So to recap I asked for the price and got no answer then I bought a much better car from someone else.

To make things clear it is you who is the troll. You know nothing about the situation but you want to make a statement based on pure speculation. He just received a $5000 offer and ridiculed the person that made it. No counter offer was offered and he made his rejection public. This contradicts your theory of "sell HIS car HIS way". I say put it on eBay and let the bidders do the talking.
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish this didn't happen in people's threads

Agreed. Disappointing to say the least.
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA/GT

166 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Once more you make a comment without knowing anything about what occurred. I sent a PM: he did not reply. Later on I received another PM about a local v8 IMSA from another member and I bought it the next day. So to recap I asked for the price and got no answer then I bought a much better car from someone else.

To make things clear it is you who is the troll. You know nothing about the situation but you want to make a statement based on pure speculation. He just received a $5000 offer and ridiculed the person that made it. No counter offer was offered and he made his rejection public. This contradicts your theory of "sell HIS car HIS way". I say put it on eBay and let the bidders do the talking.

JT you are wrong. You did receive a reply PM. In fact we sent a few PM back and forth. I still have them including one from your friend Chief. As you said you paid Horse $9000 for his IMSA to replace the one that you wrecked. And so you are no longer shopping for another.
Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JT you are wrong. You did receive a reply PM. In fact we sent a few PM back and forth. I still have them including one from your friend Chief. As you said you paid Horse $9000 for his IMSA to replace the one that you wrecked. And so you are no longer shopping for another.

Yes but you replied after I had bought the car from Eric and I don't recall a price.

[This message has been edited by Jonathan Tate (edited 08-03-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock