Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  END OF KIT CARS? (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
END OF KIT CARS? by bomaze
Started on: 01-07-2009 01:26 PM
Replies: 592 (27275 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 03-14-2013 09:09 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I FAR I:

Your opinions NOW mean nothing to me!

"Sometimes you just got to give yourself what you wish someone else would give you."-Dr. Phil McGraw

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The fact that you are commenting shows that "it does mean something to you"especially since the "cars" featured in this thread by me aren't your cars.

Do you really think your opinion means anything to most of us? You really don't upset me with your hate, just more of the same thing over and over. You really like to compare Apples to Oranges. I think you are in serious denial about what you have spent on your car, vs spending that amount on a replica. You talk about Kit Car that cost $$$$$$$$$ are out of 99% of Fiero buyers reach.....well so is your car. I'm betting you have spent more on just the nose on your car than 99% of Fiero owners have spent on their cars.
I know there are crappy kit cars out there, there are also 100's that make your car look like just another custom Fiero.
You have created a nice car, but it's not really that special when you consider the cost.
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Sometimes you just got to give yourself what you wish someone else would give you."-Dr. Phil McGraw

In that case, seeing as you lack any good sense at all, just give yourself a smack upside the head Curly!

LOL

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 01-10-2013).]

I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I FAR I

365 posts
Member since Jan 2012

Originally posted by DL10:

Do you really think your opinion means anything to most of us? You really don't upset me with your hate, just more of the same thing over and over. You really like to compare Apples to Oranges. I think you are in serious denial about what you have spent on your car, vs spending that amount on a replica. You talk about Kit Car that cost $$$$$$$$$ are out of 99% of Fiero buyers reach.....well so is your car. I'm betting you have spent more on just the nose on your car than 99% of Fiero owners have spent on their cars.
I know there are crappy kit cars out there, there are also 100's that make your car look like just another custom Fiero.
You have created a nice car, but it's not really that special when you consider the cost.

That's some Real talk there!
I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I FAR I

365 posts
Member since Jan 2012

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

"Penis envy?" I'm Yugoslavian. It looks like a brick on the end of an arm. :razz:

Now, back to your regular hate spit by madcurl. You know, the one with a kit car, that is not a kit car?

Madcurl, feel free to do some work on your own car there buddy. When you know how to use a wrench, then I will respect you. Until then, keep being a biatch. The sand in your vagina is flowing.

That's what I meant about 'penis envy'....Curly acts like such a biatch, I don't think he has one!
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's easy to compliment a car like yours. If Madcurl could bring himself to compliment a kit car even he would probably do so.

I appreciate your compliment. Thanks!

Back then 308/328 and a few F40 and Countach kits were available and although the money for them was all relative to the times, a kit car was, and still is, a very attractive proposition. Today there are F355s, a 458 is out there too. Lambo Murcielagos, Diablos, Reventons and Aventadors for a fraction of the real cost. I couldn't care less about a kit car being an exact replica, or a re-skinned Fiero, but I do care about lower maintenance costs and the appeal of having what looks like a megabuck exotic for a relative pittance.

I like Formula 1, but won't likely get a chance to drive or race an F1 racecar (although I have driven a Formula Ford) without a significant outlay of cash. Should I quit having fun by not racing go-karts instead?

Of course not!

So if I like exotic cars and can buy or build a kit car replica of an exotic -- why shouldn't or wouldn't I? There's a cost - yes, but the value is so great, that I have to question the judgement of anyone who would find fault with a replica, even if they could afford the real exotic.

Is a replica the Real car?
It can be a real good looking car- YES!

Is a replica a Real Expensive car?
Compared to the 'real' car - NO!

Is a replica a Fun car?
OH YEEEEEAAAH!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you really think your opinion means anything to most of us? You really don't upset me with your hate, just more of the same thing over and overt.

Yet you continue to follow me on just about thread and you follow me here. PFF registry thread you even trying to make a stink over there you Follow me there and Try to prevent me from posting pictures of the madarch widebody kit. Your hypocrisy is well known and documented on the forum.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When does it end?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's some Real talk there!

Now that's funny right there. Coming from a person whose Cars Center around deceptive Badges.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I didn't want to edit my last post but it got cut off.......

I said I wouldn't post again in the Kit Car Registry thread......Putting a mad-arch Kit on a Fiero does not make it a Kit Car.
None of the cars you posted in the thread would be put in a Kit Car class at any Fiero show. You know the intent of the thread but You just can't get enough of yourself. You can't have it both ways.....if your really believe the cars you posted should be considered Kit Cars than you have to admit that your car is also a Kit Car.....

NRA Members evil intent.

I think it's funny how Curly claims his car is just a custom Fiero than posts pictures of cars with the same widebody kit in a thread titled PFF Kit Car Registry.............

This thread is titled PFF Kit Car Registry, Curly posted pictures of cars with the Mad arch wide-body kit on them in this thread. To me this says he thinks cars with the wide-body kit should be considered Kit Cars. His car has a wide-body kit on it......it's just tweaked a little more.
I think this thread was made to showcase Kit Cars and Rebody Replicas that members have. To me that means cars built to look like another car, not custom Fieros with Mad-arch kits.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

When does it end?

You've got the right of it, Archie.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

When does it end?

You can end it for me.......... tell me you think the cars Curly posted of custom Fieros with the Mad
arch Kit belong in the PFF Kit Car Registry Thread and I won't say another word.
If anyone thinks the cars with a madarch should be considered kit car I will never post about the subject.
I think there are plenty of other pictures of the same cars in many other threads
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can end it for me.......... tell me you think the cars Curly posted of custom Fieros with the Mad
arch Kit belong in the PFF Kit Car Registry Thread and I won't say another word.
If anyone thinks the cars with a madarch should be considered kit car I will never post about the subject.
I think there are plenty of other pictures of the same cars in many other threads

If the originator of the PFF REGISTRY thread did not object to it Then you need to shut your pie hole or otherwise start Your own thread. DL 10 think's this is some type of Dupont Registry.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If the originator of the PFF REGISTRY thread did not object to it Then you need to shut your pie hole or otherwise start Your own thread. DL 10 think's this is some type of Dupont Registry.

I think it's your Pie Hole that needs something in it. But I think you would enjoy it to much.
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well we can get all technical and have subdivisions like factory rebody AKA mera / clones of factory kits aka 308 / 328 rebodies without emblems and then badged - tribute- pretenders both factory and aftermarket. Mera and others 308/328 with badges. Pure rebodies / recreations / Lambos F40's 50's enzo's. Pure creations on Fiero frames. And last but not least "tweaks". Body kits mild to wild - chop tops and three wheelers. OR we can be proud of what we have built bought or borrowed keeping in mind that those who have a massive problem with badged kits are like a scab. If you pick at it will continue to fester and keep coming back simply because it thrives on the attention.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If the originator of the PFF REGISTRY thread did not object to it Then you need to shut your pie hole or otherwise start Your own thread.

What part of this from the OP did you not understand Curly? The English part?

I have to chime in here. This thread was originally started 4 years ago in regards to the ending of KIT CAR magazine. The thread was to lament the demise of a publication, but for some reason this thread has turned into a debate... If anybody wants to start a thread about choptop widebody Fieros vs Fiero based kitcars then they are free to do so.

You've hijacked this thread for so long you actually believe you started it. Un. Believable. Crass.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 01-10-2013).]

bomaze

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been asked as the originator of the thread as to decide what is or is not a kit car. I turned to wikipedia which states...

A kit car, also known as a "component car", is an automobile that is available as a set of parts that a manufacturer sells and the buyer then either assembles into a car themselves, or retains a third party to do part or all of the work on their behalf. Usually, many of the major mechanical systems such as the engine and transmission are sourced from donor vehicles or purchased from other vendors new. Kits vary in completeness ranging from as little as a book of plans to a complete set with all components included.

There is a sub-set of kit cars, commonly referred to as a "re-body" in which a commercially manufactured vehicle has a new (often fiberglass) body put on the running chassis. Most times, the existing drive gear and interior are retained. These kits require less technical knowledge from the builder and as the chassis and mechanical systems were designed, built and tested by a major automotive manufacturer can also lead to a much higher degree of safety and reliability.

The definition of a kit car usually indicates that a manufacturer constructs multiple kits of the same vehicle which they then in turn sell. This should not be confused with 'hand built cars' or 'Special' cars, which are typically built from scratch by an individual.

As I have stated I started this thread to to see what is type of cars are represented in this forum. For us to share pics and stories about the cars. I will not participate in a debate as to which car is or is not a kit car. I am not here to criticize or judge anyone's car or idea of what truly is a kit car. I hope this thread can showcase the vehicles and not turn into a platform for anyone's personal agenda.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl you spent all this time in this thread fighting that the mad-arch body is not a kit car, just a modified fiero.

Now you ruin the kit car registry thread fighting to say the mad-arch IS a kit car.

Madcurl wtf is wrong with you? Are you so childish you must pick on everyone that isn't doing the same thing you are? You should put on your superhero cape and fly away from PFF. Go start your own forum for choptops. Then you and yourself can discuss all the newest car features you saw at the auto show that you now want Archie to fit on your car. (What you call "design")
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Point made......video removed

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 02-17-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are still going at it? I just wanted to test my avatar...
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula

5339 posts
Member since Jul 99
Sig test

------------------
3800 Turbo

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Video...

Your video brought me to this:

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2013 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Made my night mang. His poor wife/girlfriend.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a feeling that's what Madgirl is doing right about now. Somebody on the Internet made fun of my car. I'll show them, I won't post anymore.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop playing in the trash and let it die already. You got what you wanted now let it go, lets all just enjoy our cars .Its a shame as I remeber when you guys were friends.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Stop playing in the trash and let it die already. You got what you wanted now let it go, lets all just enjoy our cars .Its a shame as I remeber when you guys were friends.

I don't think anyone wanted Curly to get banned or to stop posting.... All we wanted was for him to show a little respect for other people choices. So now he stops posting and wants to blame it on me and a few other kit car owners.
And for the record, I never considered him a friend, I was just being nice.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even real Ferrari owners can wreck their rides....:

http://www.autogespot.it/fe...vole/2012/06/18#img6

(Rare Ferrari Testamonda w/ F40 wheels....)
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

And that video led me to this one, and many others by the same guy.

Looks like he makes his living on youtube

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 02-16-2013).]

CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test

------------------
Red 1988 GT 5 speed
Poly all around, Koni's & Lowered
LQ1 powered
3800 swap in progress
http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/CC_Rider/
[

CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CC Rider

2037 posts
Member since May 2001
test

------------------
Red 1988 GT 5 speed
Poly all around, Koni's & Lowered
LQ1 powered
3800 swap in progress
http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/CC_Rider/

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

test

Nice!

PFF
System Bot
ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test

------------------

| [jonrev Photography]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-14-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock