Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  END OF KIT CARS? (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
END OF KIT CARS? by bomaze
Started on: 01-07-2009 01:26 PM
Replies: 592 (27275 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 03-14-2013 09:09 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Do you read the posts that you reply to? At all??

You seem to have all the answers to the questions that were never asked

Simply put I have Northstar engine swaps created by Kevin At design one system. Kevin's goal was never to Create a longitudinal mounted engine but rather the transversely mounted engine thus the application is for all those who are Fiero enthusiast. Granted a replica owner could put a transversely mounted engine into the replica but it wouldn't be following the true application Would it.
IP: Logged
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mounted mine transversely and many of the guys on the forums do. Some of the builders strive for an exact replica and others just build what THEY want. I'm one of the others. I didn't build my car for anyone else. I have Lambo badges on it and I own two N* Fieros. One turbocharged and one with an AD355 rebody. I don't plan on badging the 355. Badges don't matter and 100% correct doesn't either. I know that that concept will never be conceivable to you, but it is what it is.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

It doesn't but to Sadcurl it does and always will. Remember he is the "Almighty 1" - Perfection at its finest - a fine honed tool.

Wow! You used the word, "Almighty." Dude, all jokes aside, I wouldn't used that word when referring to humans.
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Wow! You used the word, "Almighty." Dude, all jokes aside, I wouldn't used that word when referring to humans.

Your HUMAN? That's news to me but thanks for pointing that out - note taken A - hole

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amazing all the money you dumped into your fake replica And it looked nothing like the real car

Uhhhh..... I'm pretty sure ferrobi didn't "dump" a lot of money into his car. Remember for the most part it was already finished, so most of what ferrobi did was ironing out details like the interior and other things. Not that those type things aren't expensive. I know about the range of what Amida's interiors go for, and I'm fairly sure ferrobi paid a little bit more considering all the F40-style specific work that went on (I think even Amida showed up to help install). I would imagine if he tried to sell his FERRARI F40 REPLICA he would likely not be hurting all that much money. There's a market for that type car and people will buy it, even if he were to drive that car for five years straight or so. He could still sell high.

Your wild creations on the other hand, have a very niche' market to even attempt to sell to. I can pretty much guess a general ideal of what type of funding was put into each of your cars, and I have to say it's rather sad, since at the end of the day the title still reads "198X Pontiac Fiero". If you were - for whatever reason - make an attempt to sell I can guarantee you those chops are going to get nowhere near what you put into them. Nowhere near. I can imagine the type of price you would likely have to put on them, and I can tell you now everyone would think you're on something.

And you know - I have to say I find it incredibly ironic that you are posting about ferrobi's car. I distinctively remember you having quite a few posts early on in his construction thread... and I don't seem to remember any negativity towards him... ...

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 10-24-2012).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did pour a lot of money in the car - built the whole thing nothing was done prior to my owning it -I also got a ton of $ when I sold it the other day. Had many people contacting me about selling it for years but especially since the interior has been done. To bad according to Mr. Almighty it looked NOTHING like the real car. What an A S S
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My sincere apologies. I was under the impression from your build thread that most of the work like the body and mounting was already performed.

Still though, I think my assertion is still correct though in that you still made a good deal of money off of the sell, when compared to what you put into the car.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I disagree with madcurl about kits needing to be exact replicas. I'd say the majority of people who actually SELECTED AND BUILT their kit of choice cared more about the project than the ability to fool anyone. I'm sure they would have been flattered that someone mistook their car as a real whatever but I bet the owner let the truth out very soon in the conversation. I know if I was the one who put it together, I would want to say so!

I believe it is way more about being or looking different and hopefully looking nicer or cooler, etc. As a matter of fact, I usually DON'T like the kits that are the most accurate reproductions. I don't have a museum so I'm going to drive and enjoy my cars. I have zero need for rivets molded into the hood or spartan interiors. Take Archie's GT4T for example. It's a great looking car and a very close reproduction. For my taste, though, it isn't daily-driver enough. I like windows that go up and down and other creature comforts. I want to enjoy my car and I would want my passenger to enjoy the car. If it's too racecar-ish, it's not going to get used as much. Also, the nose of the GT4T is that of the early cars. I think the later cars had the nicer nose. I wouldn't think twice about changing just the nose. It wouldn't be an exact copy anymore but it would look more like what I liked.

I believe there are so many styling cues out there that scream performance, sleek, expensive, whatever your taste is. I really wish more builders had just copied the concepts created with beautiful lines. Not all cars are beautiful and not all beautiful cars have been created yet. A re-body can be beautiful as a stand-alone piece. It doesn't have to mimic something else. I think the big ingredient that is missing in most of the original designs is "the big picture". These cars often have an awesome grill, a cool wing, beautiful doors but rarely do they look like they belong together on the same car.

Kits don't have to be exact replicas and they don't have to be over the top. They only have to be appealing to the buyer and builder. We don't have to covet these kits to prove they have value. If we open our eyes, we will see that someone had a vision and they went for it. Sometimes more successfully than others but they put their hands on their cars and they took a journey. Bravo to them!

It's kinda like seeing a fat person out walking or riding a bike. Your first thought might be, "you sure got a lot more walking to do!", but at least they are out there and not sitting at home in front of a TV. They are making an effort. At least support people in their efforts if not in their projects or their finished products.

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 10-24-2012).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well said Boostdreamer.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Well said Boostdreamer.

Agreed! +1
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

Took a few pics of my POS Diablo Roadster "kit car" last night in N. Austin~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/31604886@N08/

Kinda a last minute kind of deal, the car hadnt been washed since last week. Im about to respray the car and install a new drivetrain after xmas, so I kinda wanted some images of the car before I start the make-over. I built this car from a box of parts, using three different Fieros, to painted, running & driving in less than 6 1/2 months, so everything is not as good as I would like it to be.

BTW- These images are taken with the cheapest camera/lens I own, and the images are not finished in editing yet....

WOW........Awesome looking car and great work man, and yet some dumbazz here still thinks that replicas and kit cars are dead......HAHAHAHAHA......Haters are so stupid!
PFF
System Bot
I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I FAR I

365 posts
Member since Jan 2012
@Boostdreamer....very well said!

A truly creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others(down).

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 10-24-2012).]

diabloroadster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In reality the term "Replica" is used as a marketing tool it elevate the level of potential quailty in the product being sold. And sadly alot of the replica kits that are sold today are of very low quailty and sold by theives, scammers, basic scum, but there are some good quailty replica kits out there and good people selling them. In the end most of these "Replicas" are transformed into more of tributes or custom builds due to the poor quaility and over all gross misrepresentation of the ease of constructing these kits.

Very much like when people customize their Fiero's, kinda their own personal taste begins to take over and sometimes it works well and sometimes its just a major failure. Should be no matter how one person decides to design / build their own personal project- good or bad. But unfortunately there are some trolls out there who search out over the internet to find some kind of bad examples and post them here maybe in hopes of trying to make themselve look like a master custom car builder. Instead of trying to encourage or support someone else that enjoys customizing cars they have to poke at, make fun of, ridicule, someones effort for some stupid reason...... Pretty sad.....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

And you know - I have to say I find it incredibly ironic that you are posting about ferrobi's car. I distinctively remember you having quite a few posts early on in his construction thread... and I don't seem to remember any negativity towards him... ...

Yes. Thank you for pointing that out for I've never gone to their threads to attack them, but rather they did it to me on several occasions. If I might add none of the cars featured in this thread contained pictures of their cars so why are the replicants attacking me? There's only one conclusion; They are in fear of anyone pointing out the obvious bad points of the build such as the roof being a Fiero, the side windows being a Fiero, the car not being extended, and the list goes on and on. That said, the owners of the cars featured in this thread somehow have the nerve to "badge" their car is a replica of the original when in fact the cars are so far off the mark you can spot the fake 50 foot or in some cases here a block away.

Meanwhile, the replica owners here are gnashing their teeth because they have a 50-footer car. They're claims are: I built it with myself and I didn't pay somebody to build for me, it's cheaper to maintain, and cheaper to insure. All of that to a degree is true, but when asked, "Does the build look like the original?" " Why is the build so far off?" "How is it worthy of badging it as a iconic super car?"-they start gnashing their teeth trying to find ways of making you into a evil person.

Ferrorobi and others here are trying get others to believe that I hate "all replica" cars when in fact I only like the ones that are correctly built or builders who have used their own imagination in building something new.

12/15/2011

For visuals;

Tell me what do you see in these pics that others with replicas over look? Obviously, I'm not talking about the motor.

Now take a look at this beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz-IrhcNR4s

And now this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...bBSg&feature=related

As you can see both are replicas, all are not created equal for some kits are harder to detect because of the details. Bottom line. People have been viewing replicas for so long they've forgotten what the real one looks like or for that matter a better kit vs. one that isn't as good. However, like a magician revealing the "tricks of the tread" others replica owners don't want to hear it when the obvious is pointed out. If your going to try and fool somebody at least get the body right, brakes, and wheels. If you're rolling in a Lamborghini replica it is worst, because most if not all real Lamborghini owners roll with high end after market wheels and not the after market ones using adapters. I'm sorry, but the emperor isn't wearing clothes.

However, I find it "incredibly ironic" that nobody has taken notice of this very fact. If you go to either thread (Choptop Chronicles or the Arch Rival) you'll see that they're comments were deleted. Some will defend any kit car regardless of poorly it is built and if you point out the obvious bad points they will attack you.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-24-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Kits don't have to be exact replicas and they don't have to be over the top. They only have to be appealing to the buyer and builder. We don't have to covet these kits to prove they have value. If we open our eyes, we will see that someone had a vision and they went for it. Sometimes more successfully than others but they put their hands on their cars and they took a journey. Bravo to them!

Jonathan

That all sounds good, but why then are they badging it as such? Once you've badge the car the owner is making it known to the general public the replica car is this or that. There is no other explanation.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

"Hi, my name is Barney Frank. You might remember me for making it possible for all Americans to own a home regardless of their income. Well I like to introduce to a new idea I have produced. I like to make it affordable for everybody to own a exotic replica. There's no need to worry about the kits not being on the mark for we have all of the necessary Ferrari and Lamborghini badges. Our kits start at $6,000.

"Failure is no accident."-Dr. Phil McGraw

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I'm contemplating a real Ferrari 308 with a 288 GTO body.

Here's a real Ferrari for you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...a69030#ht_500wt_1182
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some will defend any kit car regardless of poorly it is built and if you point out the obvious bad points they will attack you... If I might add none of the cars featured in this thread contained pictures of their cars so why are the replicants attacking me? There's only one conclusion; They are in fear of anyone pointing out the obvious bad points of the build such as the roof being a Fiero, the side windows being a Fiero, the car not being extended, and the list goes on and on.

Is that what you think you are doing... pointing out the bad points? People "attack" you because you indescriminately mock people and their cars. You post fat super hero pictures and call them replica owners. You call people names. You arrogantly tell people their cars have "obvious bad points" as though you have some unique qualification and right to judge taste and the duty to tell them. You haven't a smick of remorse or regret for anything you say regardless how many people you offend. And you keep doing it over and over again. You have no end game. You haven't accomplished anything except prove your ignorance when you can't understand why people "attack" your character. Free speech is a two way street. You're free to tell anyone they're ugly, flawed, or just don't quite meet your standards of taste. They're also free to tell you what they think of you. Many of us including some of your closest friends have asked you politely to stop your rants yet you forge ahead, resurrect this thread every couple weeks, and find new ways to insult people. For the sake of what? Please, please tell us all what you believe you've accomplished, or hope to.

Thank you for pointing that out for I've never gone to their threads to attack them, but rather they did it to me on several occasions.

What on Earth are you talking about? First, this thread isn't your thread and yet you feel free to say say whatever you want. Second, for the record, I have never posted anything negative in your thread(s), but if you mock "replicants" as you just did in one of your own threads, don't play coy about how you're a victim.

There's only one conclusion; They are in fear of anyone pointing out the obvious bad points of the build such as the roof being a Fiero, the side windows being a Fiero, the car not being extended, and the list goes on and on. That said, the owners of the cars featured in this thread somehow have the nerve to "badge" their car is a replica of the original when in fact the cars are so far off the mark you can spot the fake 50 foot or in some cases here a block away.

Yeah... that must be the only reason. Try re-reading many of the posts earlier on in this thread as well as any number of threads about building replicas. The majority of us aren't fearful of being "found out". Most of us point out the differences ourselves so that others will know what to look for. Why on Earth would anybody on this forum make a thread about how they converted their Fiero into a kitcar or replica if any of us were fearful as you say. That just doesn't make any sense. You just make up stuff to justify your drivel.

That said, the owners of the cars featured in this thread somehow have the nerve to "badge" their car is a replica of the original when in fact the cars are so far off the mark you can spot the fake 50 foot or in some cases here a block away

The nerve of those people! Can anyone imagine anything worse! Oh wait a minute... what about people who leave only the door glass and front windshield and have the nerve to call their cars Fieros! Those people should surely be ridiculed publicly too.

Ferrorobi and others here are trying get others to believe that I hate "all replica" cars when in fact I only like the ones that are correctly built or builders who have used their own imagination in building something new.

Ferrobi (at least get his name right won't you?) and others have absolutely no need to try to make others believe that you hate all replicas... you do a fine job all by yourself. One only needs to re-read this thread and watch as you change your definitions like a chameleon changes color to suit whatever audience you think will be sympathetic to your cause. One day it's 300 feet away, the next 50 feet, the next it doesn't matter how far or close. Then it's about badging regardless how close they are. Then another day it's not about the cars... it's about the owners and all the things you make up about their obvious personality flaws. The next day it's OK to be ugly as long as it's original. Then you deny any link between the "backwards thinking" kit car designers and builders who had a hand in designing your own car. It's all just a big mish-mash of incoherent garbage.

If you go to either thread (Choptop Chronicles or the Arch Rival) you'll see that they're comments were deleted.

Yeah... you accused me of this earlier on in this thread too until I proved you wrong, and you still couldn't admit you falsely accused me.
diabloroadster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

However, I find it "incredibly ironic" that nobody has taken notice of this very fact. If you go to either thread (Choptop Chronicles or the Arch Rival) you'll see that they're comments were deleted. Some will defend any kit car regardless of poorly it is built and if you point out the obvious bad points they will attack you.

And your point is what??? For 12 pages you spewing off about this person put real Lamborghini emblems on Fiero, another person has Fiero glass and roof line on his kit car. Look how bad this is, look how bad this kit is... For what??? Are the leader of some international secret organization whose sole purpose in life is to bring to everyones attention the these kit owners/builders are not doing to your standards? Or do you just need the attention so everyone can see your the master custom car builder by posting up images on a Fiero forum of cars that are not perfect examlpes of the real cars??
Are the owners/builders asking you for your advice, are they forcing you to buy or even look at their cars?
Why is so importrant to you bash someone else's car?
I just dont get it??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

And your point is what??? For 12 pages you spewing off about this person put real Lamborghini emblems on Fiero, another person has Fiero glass and roof line on his kit car. Look how bad this is, look how bad this kit is... For what??? Are the leader of some international secret organization whose sole purpose in life is to bring to everyones attention the these kit owners/builders are not doing to your standards? Or do you just need the attention so everyone can see your the master custom car builder by posting up images on a Fiero forum of cars that are not perfect examlpes of the real cars??
Are the owners/builders asking you for your advice, are they forcing you to buy or even look at their cars?
Why is so importrant to you bash someone else's car?
I just dont get it??

So you don't get it huh? The pictures that on the various pages here were posted by forum members here to which several commented on them, but it's a double standard in your mind isn't? You can search the archives and you'll find where these "alleged" pics you claim I've used. However, Captain Bloozeberry and his trusty commrade ferrobi will have you to believe otherwise. Here's one for you.

Originally posted by Archie:

John, you're thinking of the Kieley from the late '80's. He was a very nice guy who went all in on a 9 4 off suit.

I was looking thru some of my Archives a week ago & found this info on it.

It was the car that proved my theory that it costs just as much to develop an ugly car as it take to make a good looking car.

But the car that this thread is about makes the Kieley look pretty good.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

The nerve of those people! Can anyone imagine anything worse! Oh wait a minute... what about people who leave only the door glass and front windshield and have the nerve to call their cars Fieros! Those people should surely be ridiculed publicly too.

In eyes of Captain Dudley Do Right and his funky bunch they see nothing, nor speak nothing, nor hear nothing for there are no bad looking kits.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-25-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You must find it incredibly hard to answer my questions seeing how you ignore almost all of them. But go ahead and answer something else no one has asked. Then when you're finished, call me another name in an attempt to prove your wit and maturity.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bloozberry

7760 posts
Member since Jan 2009

In eyes of Captain Crunch and his funky bunch they see nothing, nor speak nothing, nor hear nothing for there are no bad looking kits.

Defending your car as a "Modified Fiero" (definitely not a kit car or replica) then posting these very pictures of someone who has done the same as you but with a different outcome, and calling it a kit defies any sane explanation.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 10-24-2012).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
12 pages and madcurl has said in maybe 50 different ways.. that it's slapping the big $$$$$$$$$$$ cars badging.. is what bothers him..
not the kit car itself..
it's not any different than the muscle car guys that cry when someone makes a clone shelby mustang, a ls6 chevelle, hemi cuda..
if you build the kit because you like the look .. thats fine... and hell I'd love a lambo..
but when you add badges... that if you admit it or not.. is to get laid.. way to many show up at shows with the whole fake rich single man outfit.. not just the car..
kit cars are kool.. they don't need the badges.. to be kool..
I take a kit car for what it is.. a self built car.. and the ones I love is where the owner changed things to make it different..
to make it his own.. yes they are bought because the buyer wants a car they can't afford.. nothing wrong with that...
it's when they go out and use the car as part of the rich single guy/gal to get somewhere.. I find a problem with..
I will build a daytona FFR at somepoint... but it will not have a shelby badge anywhere.. nor will it be ford powered.. may not even be v8 powered... OMG....lol
not sticking up for madcurl. he can do that fine for himself..
but let your car stand on it's own.. not a 10 buck badge..
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
12 pages and madcurl has said in maybe 50 different ways.. that it's slapping the big $$$$$$$$$$$ cars badging.. is what bothers him..
not the kit car itself..

With all due respect, that's an over-simplification of the hatred he's posted.

if you build the kit because you like the look .. thats fine... but when you add badges... that if you admit it or not.. is to get laid.

That's a rather broad generalization. Teenage boys might believe this but I'm guessing anyone that can afford to build a replica isn't that naive. Besides, everyone will notice the Lambourghini or Daytona FFR driving past whether it's got a badge or not. If you're going to build a replica that everyone immediately recognizes either as a Lambourghini, a replica of a Lambourghini, or an attempt to look like one, adding a badge is hardly breaking any new rules, or any rules for that matter.

it's when they go out and use the car as part of the rich single guy/gal to get somewhere.. I find a problem with..

I've met many more humble kit car and replica owners than I ever have that are even a quarter as egotistical as Madcurl. The proof that the badge has nothing to do with it can be found by reading Madcurl's posts in the Choptop Chronicles. If you're looking for easier reading, just scan a few pages back because I'm sure I've quoted many of the best ones.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2012 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
think you need to get out more.. and maybe as a night club that some people use the car as part of the whole rich look.. as they throw the keys to the lot jocky..
again. not everyone..

I'm kinda shocked that these big name cars haven't stopped the sale of the badgings..
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's a real Ferrari for you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...a69030#ht_500wt_1182

Yea there are a lot of them out there. Looking for one needing a motor,body work. Taking a real Ferrari and making a 288 GTO clone would be an awsome car.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

that it's slapping the big $$$$$$$$$$$ cars badging.. is what bothers him..
not the kit car itself...

What badge was on the blue Fiero that he just posted in a mocking tone?
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did pour a lot of money in the car - built the whole thing nothing was done prior to my owning it -I also got a ton of $ when I sold it the other day. Had many people contacting me about selling it for years but especially since the interior has been done. To bad according to Mr. Almighty it looked NOTHING like the real car. What an A S S

Is it necessary to be so crude? Try using better language.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah... you accused me of this earlier on in this thread too until I proved you wrong, and you still couldn't admit you falsely accused me.

What on Earth are you talking about? First, this thread isn't your thread and yet you feel free to say say whatever you want. Second, for the record, I have never posted anything negative in your thread(s), but if you mock "replicants" as you just did in one of your own threads, don't play coy about how you're a victim.

on page 8;

Yes. I made one comment on 12 Dec 2011 and deleted it the same day. I answered cornersonrails question asking "What's up with all the hate", to which I replied with a link to this thread. Go ahead. Ask him. Edit to add: The reason both of us deleted our posts was out of respect for your thread at the time. Thank you for acknowledging your ignorance.

Thank you for pointing that out for I've never gone to their threads to attack them, but rather they did it to me on several occasions.

Sometimes even a replica owner will try and "fake" the truth, but all you have to do is look. Seriously, go some where and take Gas-X pills.

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sometimes even a replica owner will try and "fake" the truth, but all you have to do is look. Seriously, go some where and take Gas-X pills.

So now you've just put yourself in a Catch22:

If you now think that by simply posting the link to this thread in response to cornersonrails question was a negative thing, you've got to explain why you think that is true. I thought you were proud of this thread.

On the other hand, if you are still proud of this thread, you can take my post in your thread as a compliment, and then explain what truth you think I'm trying to fake. Take your pick. I'll bet you won't answer either.

Once you're done answering some other question that was never asked, you can go back and try to answer this simple one: Is this your thread?
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Is it necessary to be so crude? Try using better language.

ASS = A hoofed mammal (genus Equus) of the horse family with a braying call, typically smaller than a horse and with longer ears.

I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In eyes of Captain Dudley Do Right and his funky bunch they see nothing, nor speak nothing, nor hear nothing for there are no bad looking kits.

It's obvious that this car is not finished and is riding on winter rims, but you just had to dig it up and mock it and other people......How old are you anyhow?

Curly, you are a sad surly person.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That all sounds good, but why then are they badging it as such? Once you've badge the car the owner is making it known to the general public the replica car is this or that. There is no other explanation.

How about it just makes the builder happy? That is a valid explanation in my book. Maybe the builder has a secret fantasy that he's a famous body designer for Ferrari and the car he's making is the one Ferrari didn't put into production. Who knows? I don't get why the choices that other people make with their own cars is such a big deal to you. You have some beautiful cars that are extremely well done and I'm sure they were very expensive to make. Noone in their right mind would turn one down if it were offered to them. All of that is there and in place. No other car, no matter how nice, is going to change that. You don't need to feel threatened by other ideas. We can all learn from ALL the build threads. They all have their place and purpose. There are so many other things we can argue about. Why would you want to fight about the cars that brought us together in the first place? You have your taste, I have mine. Cars are different for a reason. People like different things. That's pretty much all there is to it. This worry you have that people are trying to fool others by badges or body kits isn't real. People are just doing what they want to do and trying to have fun with it. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Celebrate it! Don't crush it!

Jonathan

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I put this badge on my Fiero-based replica, am I a good guy or a bad guy?

Copyright (C) 2006, 2012 by A. Marvin McInnis

FWIW, over 50 years my daily drivers have included a Jaguar XK-120 roadster, a Riley 2.5 sedan, Jaguar MK-VII and 3.8 MK-II sedans, an Austin-Healey 100-4 roadster, a Porsche 912, a Porsche 911S (15 years, ~125000 miles), a Porsche 928 (12 years, ~150000 miles), two Volkswagen Diesel Rabbits, two Dodge Caravans, a Buick Regal sedan, a Pontiac Fiero Formula, and several motorcycles (Zundapp and BMW), and I don't think I have ever owned or driven a car to impress other people. The only person my cars need to please is me.

That said, good design is more art than technology. Simply put, bad design requires far less skill. It is no surprise, then, that bad design is notoriously predominant in DIY car body modifications. A replica at least provides the DIYer a (usually) well-designed aesthetic starting point.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 10-25-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

When I put this badge on my Fiero-based replica, am I a good guy or a bad guy?

Copyright (C) 2006, 2012 by A. Marvin McInnis

I think that question was answered back in 2009.

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

True that Curly, No matter how much we try to argue this fact. It can be simply put. If you have to put a badge from another vehicle other than a Fiero on your Fiero, then u are trying to resurrect someone else's design. The creativity is limited to the replication process. If however you take the creativity and you apply your own twist, hence design something that hasn't been done millions of times before, you are truly creative, not merely a " builder".

When it comes to creativity in Kitcars....
*A "builder" is someone who constructs an imitation of a designed product for its visual impact or essence. (accuracy is important)

*A " Designer ( has lots of creativity)" is someone who will take something and improve its visual impact, or altogether go through the creative process
to design a new unseen product that can exceed production limitations.

Just my opinion, doesn't mean squat....

I side with Curly....I do however see things for what they are, I appreciate the work and passion put into replicas, i judge then more on quality than design and creativity.

-Alex

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Once you're done answering some other question that was never asked, you can go back and try to answer this simple one: Is this your thread?

This thread was about "kit kars" and is it a end of an era and is this the end of Fiero based replicas as well?

Originally posted by bomaze:
Just seems like an end of an era. Is this the end of Fiero based replicas as well?

IMO I think not, because of the numbers and money involved the Fiero will out live any replica base Fiero. Plus, all that is needed is tweaking. A tweaked Fieros will always be a Fiero. Whereas replica kits are always playing "catch-up" thus are soon viewed as "out dated" when the next best kit is on the market and sadly people will always question if your car's a fake.

Tweak your Fiero and there's no need to be faking.

Thus the reason for posting poorly built examples in this thread. However, you (Bloozeberry) and your cohorts are trying to turn it into a personal issue when in fact the cars shown aren't your cars, but cars that were from various threads were forum members talked badly about. Your actions clearly reveal your evil intent.

(heads-up. Bloozeberry and his evil commrades will try and say this picture is a true representation of them- just like the fake super hero pic on the 2nd page)
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to keep it simple so you can answer the questions one by one.

1. Does stating your personal distaste for kit cars, replicas, and their owners throughout this thread have anything to do with whether the end of Kit Car Magazine is the end of an era?

2. Given that the OP stated he is/was a kit car fan, do you believe that all your posts were/are positive in his eyes?

3. Do you still think that others are unjustifiably commenting in your thread(s)?

4. And, are you proud of your contributions in this thread? Because that answers the question whether my posting a simple link in your build thread was a negative comment or not.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll try to keep it simple so you can answer the questions one by one.

1. Does stating your personal distaste for kit cars, replicas, and their owners throughout this thread have anything to do with whether the end of Kit Car Magazine is the end of an era?

2. Given that the OP stated he is/was a kit car fan, do you believe that all your posts were/are positive in his eyes?

3. Do you still think that others are unjustifiably commenting in your thread(s)?

4. And, are you proud of your contributions in this thread? Because that answers the question whether my posting a simple link in your build thread was a negative comment or not.

Wow, that was covered back on 12/14/2011.

The best looking replica ever made IMHO. Makes all other replicas look stupid. Notice the details, the frame, the body, the windows, and last if not least the engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...NR4s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watc...lpp_video&playnext=1

I think he missed the mark on the hood vents, but you're thrown off by the build., but seriously, if you're trying to fool somebody at least get the exterior right and never leave the 2.8 in the back.

Seriously, Captain Bloozeberry. You're evil intent to demomize me isn't working for I have shown both good and the bad (replicas) in this thread.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Here is a Fauxrrari I saw years ago...dont think I ever posted these pics...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock