Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  28 dead (18 children) at an elementary school (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
28 dead (18 children) at an elementary school by htexans1
Started on: 12-14-2012 01:41 PM
Replies: 148 (2309 views)
Last post by: Gokart Mozart on 12-16-2012 09:46 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"There comes a certain point in life when you have to stop blaming other people for how you feel or the misfortunes in your life."
-Hugh Jackman

Tantrums as mentioned above.

Back in the day, people did not have the luxury to have mental conditions, they were too busy trying NOT to die.
Work the fields, or end up as fertilizer.

Now, if some dipwad's iphone battery doesn't last as long as its supposed to, or they get a crack in the screen, they take out a strip mall with a bazooka.

What they need to do is start showing lots of movies, tv shows and video games where people blow their heads off when they "lose it" rather than take out a bunch of innocents...

They need to make time-released meds in an implantable device so they can't "go off" it when they feel "sane"...

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 12-14-2012).]

IP: Logged
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:
What they need to do is start showing lots of movies, tv shows and video games where people blow their heads off when they "lose it" rather than take out a bunch of innocents...

i hesitate to mention this, but i'd love to know what was on this guy's computer. emails, blogs, visits to web pages, games. i'm sure he's been to some of the same web sites i've been, played some of the same games, talked with friends about the same stuff, and yet we come to completely different conclusions. i've been frustrated with the world,(or my lack of coping skills) but have never, ever contemplated killing, much less killing innocents as a solution. i guess i don't really want to understand it. just a damn shame.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Wow, taking it out of context. Gun owner? No.. People who carry guns on themselves for "protection" or to commit crimes. Are pussys with dick envy, yes. '

...and you turn around and do the same thing again.....

You sure sound like a typical bully. Show me some stats that people with permits for self protection commit any crimes. Ive never heard of a single mass murderer that had a CCP permit. Most dont even have the gun legally. Last few reported ones used stolen guns.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 12-15-2012).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Show me some stats that people with permits for self protection commit any crimes. Ive never heard of a single mass murderer that had a CCP permit. Most dont even have the gun legally. Last few reported ones used stolen guns.

This will be my only contribution to this cess pool of a thread that completely dishonors the victims of the horrific violence today...

The "last few reported" mass shootings that you are citing as evidence does not appear to take into account one of the most recent mass shootings....
While James Holmes may not have had a CCP, he DID own his guns legally. Which just threw your argument out the window.

Keep slinging **** at each other. You are acting like a bunch of monkeys.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Which just threw your argument out the window"

no, proved my point....that mass killers are not those with CCPs. The last few were with stolen guns. Maybe this one wasnt. I havent heard one way or another yet. I have my permit to defend myself/ others and my property. I have no desire to ever fire it at all. Before a theft prob 8 years ago, I owned a gun that I had never fired at all for 20 years. My last 3 CCP guns have never been fired at all. I just traded my last one on a better one that had only been fired once...by the factory for a test cartridge. I dont even go to a gun range. I have good self restraint...i have walked away from things that could have easily escalated just because it was possible and in everyones best interest. If im cornered I wont hesitate though. Id much rather spend money on toys than guns, but this is the time we live in. Ive never been or even had the desire to go out hunting for sport like a lot of guys. Im also not going to walk around in fear either.

This is just the way it is now. These people stopped at a red light and the guy behind them thought they should have made the light before it changed.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/...columbus-ar-1276387/

Wanna bet the shooter didnt have a permit ?

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 12-15-2012).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leave the purple troll alone. You idiots have caused a thread that should have been one for the children and families into a bit**ing match over gun control. All of you that posted about that issue should feel ashamed to use the tragedy to voice your little opinion on the issue and continue to argue like it's going to matter. This should have been a thread to ask us what in society has drawn those to take other lives and how it's started to become common place. Instead it's in the trash. Maybe that's where society is going.

Back to the real topic:

Saw this on Facebook:

Hey kids. You. The Ones that left us today. The ones who experienced the worst that humanity can do. You little angels who closed your eyes in a living Hell this morning. I'm so, so very sorry that this world didn't give you a chance.

I'm a nobody guy from a small town in Michigan. You would've never known me. But in all of this overwhelming sadness of today, I just want to let you all know that you matter. Even though you didn't even have a chance to realize how big the world is, today, the sad end of your lives affected MILLIONS of people. It's probably little comfort for you at all, but tonight in America, in Europe, in Asia, in Africa, Australia....everywhere.... mommies are holding their kids a little tighter and a little longer. Daddies are listening to their kids and showing them more love.

You twenty little souls were set free this morning and there is nothing good that could be said about that. But because you left, and the way you were taken, millions of kids still here on Earth tonight will be shown more love than any other ordinary Friday.

Your short and precious lives had a value and a purpose.

Godspeed.
Written by Matthew Nicholas of Michigan.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-15-2012 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Leave the purple troll alone. You idiots have caused a thread that should have been one for the children and families into a bit**ing match over gun control. All of you that posted about that issue should feel ashamed to use the tragedy to voice your little opinion on the issue and continue to argue like it's going to matter. This should have been a thread to ask us what in society has drawn those to take other lives and how it's started to become common place. Instead it's in the trash. Maybe that's where society is going.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. This thread should have never ended up in the trash. It should never have gone political. There is a time and place for everything. This was neither.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:
You are not far behind him in line....

Kevin

In line for what? Big threat from a big talker? lmao you make me laugh.. What are you gonna do? Let me think.. NOTHING, thats what.. What a tool..

Looks like you conservatives ganged up and speed banned another person for voicing a different opinion than your own. Your all so base its disgusting..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 12-15-2012).]

Nazareth

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure that my Neg pushed him out.. I'm kind of proud of that!!!
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Looks like you conservatives ganged up and speed banned another person for voicing a different opinion than your own. Your all so base its disgusting..

No, I think it was the insults and name calling that did it. Especially since it was not just directed at a single person who may have deserved it (as is often the case here) but a whole demographic, which if you pay attention around here might be the majority..
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Since we are already in the trash can.....

I'm not sure if the things he said were his actual opinion. To be blunt, the things he was saying were so extreme I think he was saying them to get people riled up, not because it was his opinion. AKA trolling. If those were his true opinions.... well let's just say you don't go to a biker bar and keep repeating that anyone with a bike has dick envy and they should drive their bikes off of a cliff. What do you think is going to happen? Or you don't go to a church and tell everyone that you believe they are massive idiots and should crucify themselves. You keep the ignorance to yourself and debate by asking questions, and answering questions with facts.

1.) (sarcasm) just give your kids a gun while you are at it, they are probably as smart and as responsible as the other nutjobs running around with guns anyhow.
2.) You want to carry? become a cop or join the military. Otherwise your just a puss. with dick envy.
3.) Only cowards cary guns in fear of what "might happen"
4.) If you wink at some guy's GF, he will punch you out instead of putting a cap in your ass.
5.) No.. People who carry guns on themselves for "protection" or to commit crimes. Are pussys with dick envy, yes.
6.) Wow, don't get all upset, I can't take your little toys away. Just don't cry when you get hurt playing with it.
7.) You are one dumb ignorant redneck
8.) Do me a favor and put that gun of yours to good use, you might need mirror to get the aim right.

I don't know if he deserved to be banned, I didn't rate him. But I sure wouldn't hang around with someone like that in real life. (and in real life I do have friends who believe in strict gun control, they don't call people names during debate)
PFF
System Bot
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nazareth:

I'm pretty sure that my Neg pushed him out.. I'm kind of proud of that!!!

Heh, no I think it was mine but a + for you for trying
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree he was acting like a prick. But so where most of you, so i see no difference between the two.. The only difference is you guys had more numbers, so he got the ban.. If he deserved the ban for his demeanor, then most of you deserve it as well, but it doesn't work that way around here, because as i said before, more numbers..
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-15-2012 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*checks* Nope, did not even rate him. Banned. Unnecessary folks. I hope that he is allowed back. Disagreements such as this are not worth banning. I believe he is a pretty good guy, but just got caught up in this thread. (As did I. )
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-15-2012 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

To be blunt, the things he was saying were so extreme I think he was saying them to get people riled up, not because it was his opinion

One can hope, but i personally know people with the same sentiments as he was expressing. And i still say this wasn't the time or place to express anything other than respect for the children and families effected. The 'debates' ( wars ) can wait.

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 12-15-2012).]

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In line for what?

In line behind him for being an idiot/moron. Kind of dense today are we??

Also, where is the threat to anyone? I never said or inferred I was going to do anything. What are you making up stuff for?? And I make you laugh, that's funny right there!

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 12-15-2012).]

aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This may be a first in a very long time....

This may just be the first T/OT thread in years that was not brought to the trashcan in part by Stimpy or Toddster!
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I just got home after having to deal with this all day.
I thought about how this conversation would go here between us.
I see some of you have already made it a platform to attack each other.
Real nice.

You can't even put your pissy little attitudes away for 5 minutes and just greive for these families?
Instead you see it as the perfect time to degrade each other?
Nice.

Some of you need to grow the fugg up.
You do not honor these children, or their families.

For the record: If someone wants to kill people, they will kill people.
The mall, a church, the store, a school, whereever.
As scarry as that is, that is the truth of our exsistence.
It is what it is.
The "damaged" walk among us, and mostly in secret.
They always have and they always will.
No gun, no law, no lock, no wish will change that.
The lives of the "civilized" is no more "safe" the the lives of nature.

I mourn with these families, and am forever emptied by seeing innocents wiped away for useless, selfish reasons.

Well said, sir.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 12-15-2012).]

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

As for compensation, of course that's because my dick can't shoot 240 grains of lead at 1000 fps.

Post of the year, right there.

Sig worthy.

Carry on...
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never came to this thread til this morning and now have read every post. I'm sad.
Boonie thank you for the one soulful post that brought me back into the real world.
Gokart Mozart thanks for that repost from Facebook. Those words made me feel better. I hope it does the same for the families that are hurting so bad today.
As for Purple____ being banned. The post suggesting that one of our members shoot himself in the head was enough to warrant what happened to him. We don't need that.
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2farnorth:

As for Purple____ being banned. The post suggesting that one of our members shoot himself in the head was enough to warrant what happened to him. We don't need that.

Oh please. That's not why he was banned and you know it.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Oh please. That's not why he was banned and you know it.

I yield to your greater "mind reading" skills. What I posted was my opinion of what it would take for me to have negged him. I DON'T know what everyone else was thinking.

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2farnorth:

I yield to your greater "mind reading" skills. What I posted was my opinion of what it would take for me to have negged him. I DON'T know what everyone else was thinking.

I did not give him his well deserved rating until he suggested the killing ones self, so you are not alone in your thinking.

Kevin
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to know the amount of people that changed their rating for 84fiero123 to a negative when he suggested WD88 blow his brains out...

But yet, this member that was arguing from an anti-gun standpoint suggests it, and is gone.

It's all about who you piss off on this forum, not how you do it.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...and along comes Wesboro Baptist "church"
http://www.huffingtonpost.c...oting_n_2312186.html
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i didn't rate either one, but deplore the suggestion, no matter who the source.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

I'd love to know the amount of people that changed their rating for 84fiero123 to a negative when he suggested WD88 blow his brains out...

But yet, this member that was arguing from an anti-gun standpoint suggests it, and is gone.

It's all about who you piss off on this forum, not how you do it.

It isn't just about what he said, it was when and how, and those that followed should think about it.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Cooter:

...and along comes Wesboro Baptist "church"
http://www.huffingtonpost.c...oting_n_2312186.html

correction: will be held at the high school
correction: cancelled due to bomb threat
correction: the pres spoke, no wbc, no bomb
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4