Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Chopped by Archie, Powered by Fastfieros (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Chopped by Archie, Powered by Fastfieros by Will-Martin
Started on: 06-23-2009 04:06 PM
Replies: 404 (19056 views)
Last post by: Cheever3000 on 12-23-2010 08:45 PM
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

After sitting in the sun for 5 years, you at least know that all of the bondo from the chop top is dry. :rimshot:

:/

[This message has been edited by deezil (edited 10-18-2010).]

IP: Logged
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad part is Loyde does good work and is more than capable of completing the swap. I hope he just finishes the swap, late or not living up to the deal is always best. Couldn't speak for other folks but I would think a whole lot more of Loyde if he did just finish a nice swap for Will and put this to rest. I don't see any other way to have even a neutral outcome out of this whole ordeal without the intended work being finished. I don't think either side wants to go to court and if the car is salvageable I'm sure Will would be more than happy to have it back with a running lsx swap at this point.
JamesCurtis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Will, I think I might've been with you when you met Loyde for the first time at wheatstock? I know you were there when we were up all night watching FieroX rebuild his engine for the drags the next day. I remember you mentioning your aspirations to have your car chopped and how excited you were to start the project. I really hope Loyde finds a way to straighten this out, best of luck to ya!

Loyde - Man up and fix this problem. 2010 - 2005 = 5 years. What's taking you so long? You apparently have 4 ls1's, why not just swap one of those in in the next month or two and get the car back to Will?

Side note: I agree with the previous poster who said that Loyde likes to trash on other peoples' work. It seemed like every time I talked to him about my 3800 swap or some of my other ideas that he tended to think he had some knowledge that no one else knew of or that other people did things the wrong way.

------------------

[This message has been edited by JamesCurtis (edited 10-17-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:
Side note: I agree with the previous poster who said that Loyde likes to trash on other peoples' work. It seemed like every time I talked to him about my 3800 swap or some of my other ideas that he tended to think he had some knowledge that no one else knew of or that other people did things the wrong way.

It's true. There are lots of threads even, where he jumps in, and all of a sudden there are 2 or 3 pages in the thread, of arguing about whether or not PassKey III can be hacked around, or something, wasting everyone's time. Maybe he hasn't finished Will's swap because he couldn't figure out how to disable the VATS with PK3, despite a number of others having done so already.
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

VATS with PK3, .

PK3 Plus is different than just PK3

The LSX swap has nothing to do with PK3 anything using the 411 PCM.

Lets see, one guy says come here and post, another guy says get back in the shop and dont post.

The 300ZX was for my son, but he decided he wanted a 350Z, so I kept the 300ZX. His step father purchased the 350Z, not me. I love the suspension on the 300ZX, I hate the front engine concept however.
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loyde, can you tell us why wills car isn't put together and running? I'm just curious. Your side of the story is something none of us have heard. Maybe you have a good reason? I don't know. I'm not bashing you I would genuinely like to know your side of the story. As they say there's two sides to every story. Maybe it will help people here to understand the situation better.

So, why isn't it done?

Thanks,
~Tyler

------------------

Originally posted by Fieray3800:
What is GT-X and where is it located?
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

...........you are NOT current customers, and some of you I hope never are.

I highly doubt that anyone who has followed this thread and other threads that have cast a negative shadow on your business will ever be a customer of yours.
So you don't have to "hope", It is a fact.

Will, Legal action appears to be the only way this is going to come to a conclusion.
I hope it all works out well for you.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

Sad part is Loyde does good work and is more than capable of completing the swap.

But as he and others have pointed out to me in regards to my "bad" work, "good" work takes either time or skill, and loyde has always advertized that his "good" work is a result of extreme hours.

I'm sure Will would be more than happy to have it back with a running lsx swap at this point.

I am sorry, but I just would not trust loyde to do a swap he has never done before and get everything right, in a "reasonable" amount of time. I would have to say that even I would spend the better part of 3 months working on a LSx swap, and knowing loydes "I might get it done this year" track record when he actually works on something... I would expect a very long waiting time from the point he starts working on it.
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon: do a swap he has never done before and get everything right, in a "reasonable" amount of time.

I took 4 years to do my swap. I did manage to do a Swap for a friend in like 2 weekends and the only reason it was trailered home was an axle issue that was not my fault But again that is why I do things myself :P

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My parents always told me there were three sides to a story...yours, his, and the truth somewhere inbetween...
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2010 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weaslebeak.... You had me dancing in my office! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Epic!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Weaslebeak.... You had me dancing in my office! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Epic!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PK3 Plus is different than just PK3

The LSX swap has nothing to do with PK3 anything using the 411 PCM.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000087-5.html

This is basically where you started up the PK3 argument in Darth's LS4 swap thread. You just often seem to claim to be the only one to know how to do something, despite the fact that many others are already doing it.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

]

Great. Now the whole world will have my moves!
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

And, I'll bet at least a few of those Fieros belong to people who are in the same situation as Will is in & that they're just hoping that Loyde hits the Lotto so he can/might finish their cars.

Archie

I don't want to start a war again but this comment was ridicules. Many of the cars loyde has are just like the ones sitting outside your shop. Parts and for sale.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:
I don't want to start a war again but this comment was ridicules.

No it was not.. He didn't say all the cars..

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
14 threads with FastFieros involved since November 2000. 3 are give me my damn money back threads. That is over 20% of the entire threads with FastFieros showing his "honesty". Does anyone here even believe that these are the only pissed off customers? Folks always tell of their positive, they do not always admit to the negative...
fierofierofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

14 threads with FastFieros involved since November 2000. 3 are give me my damn money back threads. That is over 20% of the entire threads with FastFieros showing his "honesty". Does anyone here even believe that these are the only pissed off customers? Folks always tell of their positive, they do not always admit to the negative...

Threads doesn't = total customers. That said, the 20% could be higher or lower.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:
I don't want to start a war again but this comment was ridicules. Many of the cars loyde has are just like the ones sitting outside your shop. Parts and for sale.

My customer cars have never sat outside overnight for even one night.

We get customer cars inside when they come in & get to work on them & work on them 'til they're done. Then the customer picks them up.

When you leave customer cars outside with the junk/parts cars, pretty soon the former becomes the latter. Sometimes that takes a month or two but after 5 years, it becomes a planter.

Archie
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well said archie
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofierofiero:

Threads doesn't = total customers. That said, the 20% could be higher or lower.

Exactly what my internet babble refered to. The numbers could be lower, or they could be HIGHER.

You know, I am not at all sorry for posting in threads such as these. I grew up, and live a certain way. There are definately certain things that burn me to the core, and being a crook is one of them. I may not believe in god, but Karma is everything to me. And sitting on my hands, while crooks and charlotins roam the fields, just stirs my soul.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If fastfieros doesnt like things being said in this thread, he can copy and paste this to his address bar and blast the lies to 1988!

javascript:var s = document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';document.body.appendChild(s);s.src='http://erkie.github.com/asteroids.min.js';void(0);

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 10-19-2010).]

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's just patently false. We're not going to negotiate in the forums, but it is just wildly inaccurate.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's just patently false. We're not going to negotiate in the forums, but it is just wildly inaccurate.

The only "patently false" thing I've seen you post in this thread, is your assertion that Will's car is in fact, completed. You have presented no proof otherwise. A four year old picture with his old drivetrain installed in someone else's car, shows nothing.
fierofierofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course you're not going to negotiate in the forums. You don't have anything to back yourself up with. You're obviously a liar and the only thing you can say to that is "no I'm not". Of course, a liar would say that. A real man would back up his claims, or set his pride aside and do the right thing. You can't seem to do either.
fierofierofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofierofiero

370 posts
Member since Nov 2005
This particular problem needs a lawyer. Will can't seem to afford a lawyer, but there seems to be enough people crying out on here that something needs to be done. Why don't we all pitch in and help our fellow forum member to get his damn car back and whatever else might be coming to him? This thread is going no where. I think we can all help.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofierofiero:

This particular problem needs a lawyer. Will can't seem to afford a lawyer, but there seems to be enough people crying out on here that something needs to be done. Why don't we all pitch in and help our fellow forum member to get his damn car back and whatever else might be coming to him? This thread is going no where. I think we can all help.

I never said I couldn't afford a lawyer, they are just pricey and I have 6 kids I could be taking care of with that money. I simply was hoping Loyde would be true to his word and follow through without me having to spend money on legal fees. I love this forum and how the people on it help each other in times of need. Although I REALLY appreciate the willingness to help, I do, in fact, have the resources to resolve this in court.

Apart from spending over $20k on this particular project, to satisfy my need for speed in the 5+ years Loyde has had my car, I have bought and sold:

2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 Special Edition

2005 CBR 600RR

On top of that, I am seriously considering building a 4X4 Fiero.

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 10-19-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My customer cars have never sat outside overnight for even one night. We get customer cars inside when they come in & get to work on them & work on them 'til they're done. Then the customer picks them up.

Archie

I thought I'd us this thread to show you what is going on over here. From tim to time I'll post up a few pics of projects we are working on.

This time I'll show you how crouded it is in the shop when we put all the cars inside for the night.

Archie

Yep. I've been to Archie's place several times.
fierofierofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

I never said I couldn't afford a lawyer, they are just pricey and I have 6 kids I could be taking care of with that money. I simply was hoping Loyde would be true to his word and follow through without me having to spend money on legal fees. I love this forum and how the people on it help each other in times of need. Although I REALLY appreciate the willingness to help, I do, in fact, have the resources to resolve this in court.

Alright Will. I hope this can get resolved without spending more money.

[This message has been edited by fierofierofiero (edited 10-19-2010).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:14 threads with FastFieros involved since November 2000. 3 are give me my damn money back threads. That is over 20% of the entire threads with FastFieros showing his "honesty". Does anyone here even believe that these are the only pissed off customers? Folks always tell of their positive, they do not always admit to the negative...

Anyone can do the exact same math as I.

3 divided by 14 = .214. If anything, I let just over 1% slide in your direction. Wildly inaccurate is when you are off by a year.

You would be much better not to comment on what I write, and keep to the matters at hand. Like settling your debts! I have no fear of reprisal, because I do not write slander. I do not steal. I am fully capable of defending myself and family, verbally, mentally, and physically. And I sleep like a baby at night because of these things.

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And I sleep like a baby at night because of these things.

Babies sleep? You jest good sir!
fierofierofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Babies sleep? You jest good sir!

This
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My customer cars have never sat outside overnight for even one night.

We get customer cars inside when they come in & get to work on them & work on them 'til they're done. Then the customer picks them up.

When you leave customer cars outside with the junk/parts cars, pretty soon the former becomes the latter. Sometimes that takes a month or two but after 5 years, it becomes a planter.

Archie

What's your point? Yes, your way is obviously better. What does that have to do with me thinking its ridicules for you to assume any of the other cars in that picture are customers cars neglected by Loyde other than other than Will's car?

This thread is probably counter productive to Will and Loyde resolving the situation. I'm done posting, no need to feed any more trolls.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 10-20-2010).]

Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You should totally do this. Help spread the virus lol. Wonder how a 4x4 Choptop Fiero would look...hmmm.

------------------

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Arch...you a bit busy???? LOL With that kind of following and waiting list you must do horrible work (sarcasm intended). These types of threads do affect decision making matrices. When I come home I am cutting down to one Fiero and plan on making the one I have always wanted. I can't tell you if Arch or Whodeanie or someone else will be doing all or part of the work, but I can tell you who will be doing none of it. This isn't meant as a slam or a flmae but I won't take that kind of chance with my hard earned cash.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Theres a guy selling one up by me he took to the Carlisle Show this summer:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081746.html
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Theres a guy selling one up by me he took to the Carlisle Show this summer:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081746.html

It's already been sold to Genopsyde.

Will: find some young lawyer looking to make a reputation for themselves and work pro bono? From what I've read, this should be an easy win.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

It's already been sold to Genopsyde.

I thought Genopsydes looked familiar! i'm glad someone bought that car
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
--Dillon
Green 1987 GT 5spd
Black 1986 SE V6 Auto - 3800SC Swap in Progress
"And this one time, on the Fiero Forum..."

[This message has been edited by DJRice (edited 11-15-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: