Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  archie is gettin bashed on streetfire? (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
archie is gettin bashed on streetfire? by kyp
Started on: 03-13-2008 03:51 PM
Replies: 523 (11893 views)
Last post by: AutoTech on 04-29-2008 02:21 AM
DrCPU

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my 0.02 worth. I have a crate V8 conversion (350/330hp at crank) from Archie with a TPI with siamesed runners. The exhaust is cast - and I picked it for a reason. In Daytona I posted 238hp and 309lbs Torque. I expected more HP - but to be honest, the car has base tuning and has never been tuned for highest horsepower. The biggest problem with TPI is finding someone who can tune it in the Greater Toronto Area.

I am thrilled with the performance and the torque is the big bonus for me. From a standstill the engine and 6 speed keeps you glued to your seat. The other reason I picked the package was for the reliability. I can't wrench on my own car - so the last thing I need is a problem engine. I also have to pass emissions every two years. I passed last August. If I can't pass the emissions I can't drive the car. A completely tuneable computer would be a better option for me to go with - but I'm very satisfied with it as it stands. I only ran a drag race once - 10 days after getting the car and posted 12.8 at about 110mph (179kph) - but everything was new to me and I shifted way to late all the way down the strip. Could I get low 12's - I'm sure with practice I could - but I just love driving the car.

Could I have done better with a 3.8 - stage 2 or 3? Maybe. Would it have been cheaper? Maybe. I'm an old fart who loves the big displacement engines rahter than high reving - big inches mean big torque - enough torque to rip stumps outta the ground.

Archie's customer service (in my opinion as one of his customers) is second to none and he stands behind everything he sells. I have to many specifics to list - but just say that I'd be back to him for an LS2 or LS7 convertion if I ever had the money. Money isn't the most import factor - I want someone who has a history of great service.

Do I have the fastest car around. Never did and never will. Is it enough for my tastes - you bet it is. I took a few pictures of an F40 replica in Pigeon Forge, Tennesee as a FOCOA event in 1989 (i think). I knew from that day on - I needed a V8.... Guess who did the work on the F40?

I'm hoping everyone appreciates these pics are almost 20 yrs old. The twinkle in Shawnbag's parents eyes was but a fading memory - and since then a constant source of embarassment and a source of constant pain. Archie already had and has kept a thriving business going in the Fiero community from before that show. I don't know of too many other businesses that still exist from back then - that catered to such a small (relative) group.

The best compliment anyone can give a company is this - "Would I do it again knowing everthing I know today?" The answer is "Yes, in a New York minute".
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:
Do I have the fastest car around. Never did and never will. Is it enough for my tastes - you bet it is. I took a few pictures of an F40 replica in Pigeon Forge, Tennesee as a FOCOA event in 1989 (i think). I knew from that day on - I needed a V8.... Guess who did the work on the F40?

I'm hoping everyone appreciates these pics are almost 20 yrs old. The twinkle in Shawnbag's parents eyes was but a fading memory - and since then a constant source of embarassment and a source of constant pain. Archie already had and has kept a thriving business going in the Fiero community from before that show. I don't know of too many other businesses that still exist from back then - that catered to such a small (relative) group.

The best compliment anyone can give a company is this - "Would I do it again knowing everthing I know today?" The answer is "Yes, in a New York minute".

Wow, great pictures.

That was my 1st F-40.

The most I can remember from that weekend was how freekin hot it was. And the pig roast being held inside the hot swimming pool area with no place to sit & the clorine smell.

That's the skinny Archie with the white shirt & sunglass holder in the pocket.

I had my 328 there also. We went from there straight up to National Trails dragway to participate in the Kit Car Magazine Run-N-Gun event the next weekend.

I didn't take many pictures back in those days, that's when you thought life would last forever.

Thanks Dave for the memories & reminding me of the good old days when if someone wanted to insult you, they had to do it to your face. Now the pussies can do it hiding behind their keyboard.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-15-2008).]

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:
All the swaps that have been documented to have lost 100 hp to the wheels fall into 3 catagories:

Nice post. I would also like to add that most SBC swaps I've seen have crush bent exhaust pipe. You can only flow as well as your most resteictive point so this will also hurt power production.

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the pic of Archie's first F40 - I have to say he does and did great work.

Rob

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KennyC: Perhaps I am mis-reading this.... but the loss of power through the driveline... umm.... last I knew archie wasn't making the transmissions, etc, just the adaptor plates and hardware to make the pieces bolt together.... it's still up to the owner to select the components. Nothing to be addressed within the kit about that one....

Didn't ya know? Archie's adapter plates are made of a special material that absorbs horsepower.

The previous sentence makes about as much sense as half the posts in this thread.

Enjoy!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

Nice post. I would also like to add that most SBC swaps I've seen have crush bent exhaust pipe. You can only flow as well as your most resteictive point so this will also hurt power production.

You know, this is getting to be old.

It's time you guys get real & tell the truth.

Crush bent exhaust has the ripples on the insides of the radii. I've never had an pipe bending machine that did that type of bend.

The exhaust systems that I've sold are totally optional. Most of my customers buy my Economy kit. That kit doesn't include the exhaust system.

Once I ship a kit, I have no control over how it's assembled or what parts a customer chooses to use.

Did you ever once consider that the exhaust systems you've seen were supplied by the customer?

It seems like the only people who complain about my kits or the cars I've built or the parts I supply are people that don't even have one.

I'm pretty well fed up with these freekin experts that have no 1st hand knowledge of my kits, my customers or what we do.

Archie
Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just my 0.02 worth. I have a crate V8 conversion (350/330hp at crank) from Archie with a TPI with siamesed runners. The exhaust is
cast - and I picked it for a reason. In Daytona I posted 238hp and 309lbs Torque. I expected more HP - but to be honest, the car has base tuning and has never been tuned for highest horsepower. The biggest problem with TPI is finding someone who can tune it in the Greater Toronto Area.

I am thrilled with the performance and the torque is the big bonus for me. From a standstill the engine and 6 speed keeps you glued to your seat. The other reason I picked the package was for the reliability. I can't wrench on my own car - so the last thing I need is a problem engine. I also have to pass emissions every two years. I passed last August. If I can't pass the emissions I can't drive the car. A completely tuneable computer would be a better option for me to go with - but I'm very satisfied with it as it stands. I only ran a drag race once - 10 days after getting the car and posted 12.8 at about 110mph (179kph) - but everything was new to me and I shifted way to late all the way down the strip. Could I get low 12's - I'm sure with practice I could - but I just love driving the car.

Could I have done better with a 3.8 - stage 2 or 3? Maybe. Would it have been cheaper? Maybe. I'm an old fart who loves the big displacement engines rahter than high reving - big inches mean big torque - enough torque to rip stumps outta the ground.

Do I have the fastest car around. Never did and never will. Is it enough for my tastes - you bet it is. I took a few pictures of an F40 replica in Pigeon Forge, Tennesee as a FOCOA event in 1989 (i think). I knew from that day on - I needed a V8....

That's fine I can completely appreciate and respect your engine choice and the reasons behind it. You have gone for what you like and envisioned, and aren't claiming outrageous HP numbers like Alot of fellow SBC'ers. You know that there are faster solutions out there and aren't afraid to swallow your pride and admit that. That's respectable. There's definitely an appeal to having a big V8 in a small car like the Fiero. Kudos to you for picking what you like and being honest about it.

It's the outrageous claims that bother people. In the Information age, no one goes unchecked, people like proof to back up claims. In short, it weeds out the BS'ers from the True Enthusiasts. You can be an enthusiast at your own level, owning a 238hp SBC Fiero can be an enthusiastic experience to the right person, but it's not for everybody, and these days with technology on our side, definitely not the the fastest or easiest way to go.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B] You can be an enthusiast at your own level, owning a 238hp SBC Fiero can be an enthusiastic experience to the right person, but it's not for everybody, and these days with technology on our side, definitely not the the fastest or easiest way to go.

You assume too much when you say I'm swallowing my pride and say I have a lesser car. I have a beautiful and unique car.

Only the young, with unlimited access to cash and time, can continually try to have the best/fastest for all time. Ask Dan Marino about most of his "records".

I had a budget and an idea. I never ever said a SBC was the only way to go. For me it is. I was lucky that Archie had just tested the 6 speed and I was able to change to that from the old 5 speed. It's all about timing. I'd likely opt for an LS2 TODAY. But in August of 2005, the LSs had just started.

Same for the exhaust. Archie supplied the exhaust and I picked cast to avoid all the header crack issues that come up. He said I could open it up with a header exhaust and he also told me carb option yeilds higher HP. I didn't want the continual tuning issues - plain and simple.

A local (well respected) mechanic told me I could get 50 more horses easy if I opened up the exhaust with a good set of headers. Maybe some day - bit it won't be to try to impress anyone because my Fiero is ONLY getting 240 down on the pavement. If I wanted to do that I'd simply opt for an dual turbo LS7 and be pushing 650hp without breaking a sweat.

I get real (tm) enjoyment from seeing tons of different solutions. From a superchardged and turboed Quad 4 - to an nicely kept iron duke. Lots of guys have 3.8s here and some have nitrous and more. They can beat me. Who the heck cares. I wouldn't change anything - except the year - for anything else. An 87 in Ontario does not need emissions. Anything 88 and up does - from now to eternity. Missed the cut by one year. I'd do many other things to my set-up if I didn't have to pass emissions. Maybe it's a good thing I need to be responsible.

If Archie sold me my configuration and promised the best/fastest baddest ass Fiero - then I'd be mad. As a provider - he layed out the options and the costs and let me pick what I wanted. He pointed out all the benefits and pitfalls of each choice. Not many shops will do that.

Archie - here are my pics of the 308..

As a closing comment, if I had access to a bay, dyno and a chip progamming tool I could set the engine up to maximise the fuel burn to be eco-friendly and get the best performance out of the enging exhaust combo. If anyone knows where I can get this done - ping me. As for now - I'm happy to pass emissions and have a kick ass car - in my eyes at least - yeah I know I could use new glasses too....

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 03-15-2008).]

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

It's time you start following some of your own advice.

Here is a picture YOU posted, the bottom left corner is the easiest to see. Clearly a crush bent exhaust pipe. See how it gets skinny as it goes around the bend? That is what is meant by crush bent. Mandrel bends are the same diameter all the way through the bend.

If you don't have a mandrel bender, you deforming a pipe to make it bend.

Your exhaust

Mandrel bends

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 03-15-2008).]

Leafy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You assume too much when you say I'm swallowing my pride and say I have a lesser car. I have a beautiful and unique car.

I totally agree with you. I Never said you have a lesser car, the car is what it is to you, and you being satisfied with it is good enough for you. Fact wise you agree with me, there are faster methods. which is fine. I'm happy for you and respect your decision on motor, it's not my first choice, but I'm not putting it down because it is what it is.

I'm singling you out as one of the SBC'ers that have their heads on straight. Not making outrageous claims on power that you don't back up. like I said, Kudos to you.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Leafy:

I totally agree with you. I Never said you have a lesser car, the car is what it is to you, and you being satisfied with it is good enough for you. Fact wise you agree with me, there are faster methods. which is fine. I'm happy for you and respect your decision on motor, it's not my first choice, but I'm not putting it down because it is what it is.

I'm singling you out as one of the SBC'ers that have their heads on straight. Not making outrageous claims on power that you don't back up. like I said, Kudos to you.

Cool - and thanks.

Be careful when you get to Machesny Park. There is a little red Fiero with intercooler - yeah it's an SBC - that is pulling about 750 horses. He won for best of show at Fierorama last September. Paint was barely dry - but what an engine! He's a genius and very gifted mechanical engineer. If you do get him to give you a ride you really should wear a neck brace - and I'm not kidding.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

It's time you start following some of your own advice.

Here is a picture YOU posted, the bottom left corner is the easiest to see. Clearly a crush bent exhaust pipe. See how it gets skinny as it goes around the bend? That is what is meant by crush bent. Mandrel bends are the same diameter all the way through the bend.

If you don't have a mandrel bender, you deforming a pipe to make it bend.

Your exhaust

Mandrel bends

The pipes my bender bends are the same pipes Oreif has on his car & he's already proven that between the engine & the wheels the power loss is acceptable.

If you'd like to buy me a mandrel bender then get to it.

Otherwise KMA.

Archie

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you do get him to give you a ride you really should wear a neck brace - and I'm not kidding.

No, youre not ! The neck brace isnt for your safety either, its to save his rear window, I almost took it out myself ! That thing is ridiculously fast
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The pipes my bender bends are the same pipes Oreif has on his car & he's already proven that between the engine & the wheels the power loss is acceptable.

Otherwise KMA.

Archie

I have just wasted the last hour trying to read this thread. Archie sir I salute you for your temperance and for making some dreams come true for many folks. I have the 2.5 in my car and right now. I am enjoying the 40 or so MPG, so there isn't room for a SBC in my life right now. All of you Archie bashers need to find something to do with your life. If you want to bash me for this, so be it. I will not waste any more of my time reading this firewater thread. So if this is what gets you off bashing someone, here is a good chance for you.
Go work in a homeless shelter one day a month so your folks can have something to bragg about one time in your pitiful life.
Joe Crawford
Texas
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It looks like Howdy Dooty Time

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by josef644:

I have just wasted the last hour trying to read this thread. Archie sir I salute you for your temperance and for making some dreams come true for many folks. I have the 2.5 in my car and right now. I am enjoying the 40 or so MPG, so there isn't room for a SBC in my life right now. All of you Archie bashers need to find something to do with your life. If you want to bash me for this, so be it. I will not waste any more of my time reading this firewater thread. So if this is what gets you off bashing someone, here is a good chance for you.
Go work in a homeless shelter one day a month so your folks can have something to bragg about one time in your pitiful life.
Joe Crawford
Texas

Yeah, I know. It's always the same 6 or 7 guys that show up whenever they see something they can use as a Archie bashing thread. Most of them make very little positive contributions to this Forum & only post over here when there's a chance of bashing me. Most of the time they're over on RFT sucking up to Howdy Dooty & bragging about their conquests here.

Several of them bash each & every SBC Dyno & Time slip as soon as it's posted.

SBC people who know how this Forum works, never post any Dyno or Time slips because they know they'll have to take the bashing for days afterward.

If the SBC guys treated any other group of people on this Forum that way, they'd be crying like babes.

Archie

Leafy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SBC people who know how this Forum works, never post any Dyno or Time slips because they know they'll have to take the bashing for days afterward.

Thats Because the dyno results typically suck compared to the Horsepower numbers they claim before they hit the dyno.

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I bet if we added how old Shaun acts, and how old you act, we wouldn't hit double digits.

(I would be lying if I said that wasn't funny though.)
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats Because the dyno results typically suck compared to the Horsepower numbers they claim before they hit the dyno.

Yeah that's right, sure.....

Ask typoon, he's already removed the slip he posted on page 1 to stop the hate mail.

Archie

FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How very professional of you. Oh, BTW, it's Howdy Doody.

I've seen a lot of name calling (from both sides), and I think it's pretty pitiful. Why can't someone disagree with someone else and simply state their case without being childish?

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

I for one am getting of the petty bickering.

You aren't the only one.

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

There's immature **** talking (among some stuff that is valid) that goes on constantly on both sides of this argument.

I agree 100%. Both sides do have some valid criticisms, but they tend to dredge up old stuff and resort to name calling too much.

You know, you better get used to it or stay away from these kinds of threads.

If it stayed in these threads it wouldn't get nearly as annoying.

it's the jab that he lives for.

Hello, Pot, I'd like to introduce you to the Kettle:

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

...hmmm...that is why it's called "put up or shut up" - if you KNOW your car can beat the other, then you are risking NOTHING. If you are scared to lose the money, then you have doubts that you can win and are admitting that the other car is could actually be faster.

And would you bet $5k that you can run 5 essentially back-to-back passes and beat somebody else in at least 3 of them? Do you KNOW that you won't have a tranny failure? Do you KNOW you won't blow out a tire and put your car into a wall? Do you KNOW you won't have gotten a bad tank of gas and wind up detonating and holing a piston? No, you don't. Ergo even if you are sure your car is faster, there is some element of risk involved.

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

Obvious, you have no experience here, any engine can be built up to produce way more than it puts out in stock trim, be it a SBC or a 6 cylinder, etc. If not, the Lingenfelters, the Shelbys, the Elderbroks, etc would be out of a job. Could it be that some people are happy with the stock hp when they install it?

I don't remember saying that an engine couldn't be built up. Nor do I remember suggesting that the people who own the cars that don't impress me aren't happy with them. They didn't build their cars for me, I simply stated my opinion, "I'm not very impressed with (most of) them." And I stand by that, most of the numbers I've seen I'm not particularly impressed by. There are of course exceptions. Typhoon's car, Troy's car (at the top of page 2), an a few others that I've seen things posted for. And Dave(bmwguru)'s no matter what kind of power it makes, just because I love the look of Webers on a V8.

This is it, everytime some jerk gets called for something stupid he said or did on the Internet, he says "Oh, it's just the Internet who cares"

YOU SHOULD CARE !!!!!!!.

But, why should I care that "he" is being an idiot? Even if "he" is being an idiot towards me, why should I care?

Whodeanie... Good luck I think you will probably have a hard time routing 1000 hp worth of exhaust in a Fiero, but I will certainly be impressed when it gets done.

Originally posted by animal:

Can you effing read?????????????????????

Can you:

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Multiple Usernames
It's not allowed for a single individual to register multiple usernames. Everybody hates sockpuppets and we don't want people to hide behind another username. Usually the system detects when somebody tries to sign up a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) username, but this system is far from perfect. If I detect someone is using multiple usernames after they have been registered I will delete all usernames used by this individual starting with the oldest and leaving only the most recent (this could mean you loose that username with 10,000+ posts). In some cases I will allow multiple usernames (for instance when more than one individual in a household register to the forum). If it was obvious the new username was only created to get into some heated discussions (or start flamewars), then the user will receive a warning. If after this warning he/she still (tries to) register(s) a new username (with the same intent) an immediate ban will follow.

That's from here, in case you were thinking I'm putting words in someone's mouth.

Originally posted by animal:

I did not know Shaunbag was taking video. [...] I personally feel like Shaunbag has invaded my privacy [...] I personally consider Shaunbag a wacko and a potential physical threat

1.) It does not matter if you knew, you were in a public location.
2.) You have no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public location. There was a case from Washington a few years ago where someone had a camera on his shoe, and was recording videos up women's skirts. The charges wound up getting dropped because there was no law against it since there was "no reasonable expectation of privacy" in the mall where he did it.
3.) If you really feel this strongly about this, what did the cops say? It's not like he lives out of state and you might have to deal with Federal issues or even extradition.

I don't think that's it, necessarily. I think it's the excuses that follow, rather than admitting they may have over estimated their engines. Rarely (if ever) have I seen someone say, "I'm pretty disappointed with the results, I'll have to check/tune [insert whatever here]." Usually it's more like, "Those numbers are low because [insert lame excuses here], my engine is really making *** horsepower, no matter what the dyno says."

Good grief, that's a lot of typing. Here's some more.

I think several of these disagreements have initially started because the written word does a very poor job of communicating, compared to the spoken one. You can't type cadence or inflection, so the subtleties of meaning get lost and the reader has to interpret everything based on the literal wording alone. The problems get worse when someone's pride becomes an issue. Nobody likes to admit they were wrong, that they may have said something they shouldn't have, or that they lost their temper. Far too many people take everyone else on the internet too seriously. Personally, I don't care what any of you think. It has no bearing on how I am going to live my life. I am going to work where I want, drive what I want, date who I want and build what I feel like. If any of you don't like it, do better yourself. Live your life the way you feel is best for you, and take pride that you have a better life than me.

EDIT to add a link to info about the Washington issue

[This message has been edited by FieroJimmy (edited 03-15-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJimmy:

EDIT to add a link to info about the Washington issue

The problem is that you're missing something Jimmy.

The part you're missing or didn't bother to read is that the Dyno event was hired to be a private event.

Originally posted by Dragon:

Actually, the deal on the dyno with the owner/operator was that Shaun would not be allowed on the premises. The dyno day was just for fun, and it was supposed to be only Fieros. But the owner/operator turned around and scheduled two groups, and he did allow his buddy Shaun to come in and film the proceedings – against objections. Nice guy!

It is sad that a fun event can be blown totally out of proportion, and utilized in such a manner. It seems that some people lack the ability to enjoy life and the companionship of friends.

PFF
System Bot
Leafy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah that's right, sure.....

Ask typoon, he's already removed the slip he posted on page 1 to stop the hate mail.

Archie

I don't agree with the hate mail and I Definately havent sent any, but I also don't think making outrageous claims about how much Horsepower your SBC is making is right either. Maybe if the outrageous claims would stop, the hate mail would too.

Wouldn't you agree?

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie I sent you a PM.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are at least 20 popular members on this Forum, both customers & non customers of mine, who have received hateful, cussing sometimes even racist emails from this punk.

well i haven't gotten one.
i must not be popular enough
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first time slip and my dyno (from Daytona) are in my build thread - no amount of cajolling, hate mail or anything else would ever get me to pull it down. It is what it is; and funny enough - most guys who have asked my time and speed say it's pretty good and are very surprised when I tell it it was my first time on a drag strip.

I did three runs - first one blew a shift - second one was 13.4 or something close - and last rund was 12.8 (don't quote me on the exact numbers). The last run was good execpt for me shifting each gear after I hit red line (top end). I imagine if I shifted sooner - the numbers would have been better - much better. As it was I just wnet into fourth about 100' from the 1/4 mile. With a six speed that's bad shifting - real baaaaad shifting. The last run was agianst PBJ in his 3800. He pulled a 12.4 or so. His lovely wide ran after he did and pulled a 12.2! That's in an automatic (i think).

I would have run more times, but the inspector said if I went under 13 I'd need a proper Snell95 helmet. I didn't have one and he gave me cut throat sign once I pulled in the last run under 13. I only had a 3/4 DOT helmet. Oh well - next time!

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:
I'll backup my claims

Hands down, best post of the year thus far. Classic Troy - totally had me a pretty damn good laugh.

--Allen

------------------
And it begins again...

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Crush bent exhaust has the ripples on the insides of the radii. I've never had an pipe bending machine that did that type of bend.

The exhaust systems that I've sold are totally optional. Most of my customers buy my Economy kit. That kit doesn't include the exhaust system.

Once I ship a kit, I have no control over how it's assembled or what parts a customer chooses to use.

Did you ever once consider that the exhaust systems you've seen were supplied by the customer?

It seems like the only people who complain about my kits or the cars I've built or the parts I supply are people that don't even have one.

I'm pretty well fed up with these freekin experts that have no 1st hand knowledge of my kits, my customers or what we do.

Archie

I can say that I looked at Fierotaz Choptop car when it was at a local show a few months back. Me and a few others noticed that the exhuast looked to be crushed pipe or maybe even partial stock Fiero exhuast. I was kinda of stocked to see that small/resctictive type of exhaust of a car that had that much work done to it. But then again the car also had the air filter right off the TB allowing it to suck in all the hot air of the engine bay. Other than that I have to give Archie props on the car being I loved all the bosy MODs/work done to the car.

On the whole dyno issue--I dyno my car once a it only put down 267 RWH according to the dyno. I ran the car with a group of SHO guys from a club and they all put down numbers that where lower from there last dyno. There are to many things that can be done or not done with the dyno that can skew the numbers and throw them off. Like others have said, the dyno is a tuning tool that gives you a baseline to start with. I havent been back to the dyno to get any other numbers cause I am happy at what level my car is at.

There are alot of big HP numbers being thrown around and as much as I hate to say, most are from SBC owners. I mean when you throw out a number over 300 HP, then you need to have something to back it up. When you throw out a timeslip showing a 11.4 with a 1.5 60' running a SBC on a 5 speed Getrag, then you better be ready to have video proof. This is just mu opinion.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 03-15-2008).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That hamster is pretty high revin' must have a rice engine!

Aw come-ooooon that's funny!

Here's a link to my "hamster race"... Sorry PBJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGXlfXHiq4

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't agree with the hate mail and I Definately havent sent any, but I also don't think making outrageous claims about how much Horsepower your SBC is making is right either. Maybe if the outrageous claims would stop, the hate mail would too.

Wouldn't you agree?

Well sure that sounds great. Since Shaunbag can't control his emotions, his mouth or his actions, & because you speculate that Shaunbags problems will somehow come under control. Then you & I should work together to police the entire internet so that no one makes another outrageous claim for the power output of any vehicle on the entire internet. After all, if it's "outrageous claims" that's at the root of his problems, then "outrageous claims" by the 6 banger guys & everyone else should also be getting his hateful EMails.

BUT GUESS WHAT, The only ones getting the hate are the SBC guys!!!

Kinda blows your freekin theory that it's caused by the "outrageous claims" Don't it?

Better yet, Why don't you guys treat others' the way you'd like to be treated & expect to be treated the same way you treat others?

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

I can say that I looked at Fierotaz Choptop car when it was at a local show a few months back. Me and a few others noticed that the exhuast looked to be crushed pipe or maybe even partial stock Fiero exhuast. I was kinda of stocked to see that small/resctictive type of exhaust of a car that had that much work done to it. But then again the car also had the air filter right off the TB allowing it to suck in all the hot air of the engine bay. Other than that I have to give Archie props on the car being I loved all the bosy MODs/work done to the car.

We didn't do the original engine swap on that car. When we did the original Chop top on the car, it was a 6 banger. The owner later bought a V-8 kit & swapped it himself. When we did the transmission swap, the exhaust, while not exactly like we'd have done it, it was entirely functional. So was left mostly intact as I recall.

Archie
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

So, if Orief went and redid his exhaust and gained 15-20hp, would you be convinced that your exhaust is restrictive? How much power loss is acceptable? Between your hot air intakes and crush bent exhaust you are losing hp. Is this acceptable?

www.burnsstainless.com
http://www.globaltecheng.co...egory=65&pageStyle=H
http://www.spdexhaust.com/HomeB.html
http://stores.ebay.com/Vero...fsubZ3QQftidZ2QQtZkm
http://www.xs-engineering.c...dCategory=110&page=1

You are welcome.

PFF
System Bot
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The problem is that you're missing something Jimmy.

The part you're missing or didn't bother to read is that the Dyno event was hired to be a private event.

I'm not missing anything. The only thing I've seen posted about Shaun's involvement with the dyno event (prior to it happening) was that his "official" involvement was terminated(Dragon's post about 2/3's of the way down). I didn't see that the event was described as a "limited attendance" or "private" event. I don't remember reading that video cameras would be prohibited. Regardless who was in attendance, or who operated the camera, the fact of the matter is there was no expectation of privacy, therefore it couldn't be invaded. It would be like complaining that someone had a camera at a night club.

And, for another matter, if everyone objected (since the event was "a 'pay when you get there' arrangement" according to the post I linked to) why did anyone run if he was there, in violation of the agreement with the owner?
Leafy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well sure that sounds great. Since Shaunbag can't control his emotions, his mouth or his actions, & because you speculate that Shaunbags problems will somehow come under control. Then you & I should work together to police the entire internet so that no one makes another outrageous claim for the power output of any vehicle on the entire internet. After all, if it's "outrageous claims" that's at the root of his problems, then "outrageous claims" by the 6 banger guys & everyone else should also be getting his hateful EMails.

BUT GUESS WHAT, The only ones getting the hate are the SBC guys!!!

Kinda blows your freekin theory that it's caused by the "outrageous claims" Don't it?

Better yet, Why don't you guys treat others' the way you'd like to be treated & expect to be treated the same way you treat others?

Archie

Can you site any Forum Members with 6 bangers that have made any outrageous claims? If so, we'll call them out and tell them to get a dyno slip.
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you site any Forum Members with 6 bangers that have made any outrageous claims? If so, we'll call them out and tell them to get a dyno slip.

FieroX has made some outrageous claims. Of course he does have some videos to back them up. Speaking of which, isn't it about time for an update?
Leafy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroX has made some outrageous claims. Of course he does have some videos to back them up. Speaking of which, isn't it about time for an update?

Yeah X, we're calling you out. Let's see some proof.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

There are alot of big HP numbers being thrown around and as much as I hate to say, most are from SBC owners. I mean when you throw out a number over 300 HP, then you need to have something to back it up. When you throw out a timeslip showing a 11.4 with a 1.5 60' running a SBC on a 5 speed Getrag, then you better be ready to have video proof. This is just mu opinion.

That's fine, But why is it that those of us that HAVE posted dyno's and/or timeslips still get the hate mail? Why do we get grouped in with others that just make claims? So now a dyno and a timeslip aren't valid proof? Now you want video's too? What's next, are you going to want to do a tech inspect of each car? Do you have video of your 12 second run?

Here are my final statements in this thread:
My car was built the way I wanted it. Not to please anyone else.
The engine is rated at 355hp and it dyno'd 309rwhp. It was dyno'd out of my own curiosity, Not to prove anything to anyone else.
My car runs 0-60 in just under 4.0 seconds and will cover 1320 ft (1/4 mile) in 12.3 seconds. The runs were for my own satisfaction, again not to prove anything to anyone. I did however post the dyno and timeslip to SHARE information with others.
I have about 5-6 video's of my car. I have posted one and got nothing but grief from the "SBC haters". Do you really think I am going to post anymore?

Shaunna is nothing but a pathetic attention whore. He goes out of his way to give folks grief and sends his peons over here to create grief on PFF. His antics use to be humorous, but after 4-5 years of the same old BS, it is now tiresome. (Funny how some that followed him in the past are also getting tired of it as well.) No matter how much you ignore him, he is still going to post his BS, it is his obsession.

My advice is to just ignore him and his antics.

Enjoy.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Since I was kind enough to even consider your theory, maybe you'd like to try this theory on.

It's not really my theory, but I'm sure it's a lot closer to the truth than your theory is.

The haters are, with almost no exception, young and unemployed or seriously underemployed. They can’t not now, nor will they ever likely be able to buy the best of anything to put on their car. It's that simple.

If they’re mechanically inclined they can go to the boneyard and get an engine from grandma's wrecked Park Avenue for darn near nothing, throw something together. Kudos to them for having the skill to install it; of course, they've got plenty of time to learn, if they aren't working. If they do a good job & are proud of their work haters can actually develope into normal people & let the hate go.

The haters comments really smell like sour grapes. They are reaching and nit-picking over bullshit stuff. If they can convince someone that their engine swap is the best, they might start to believe it themselves.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Yadda, yadda, yadda

We had an expectation of privacy or at least an expectation that we could have a day of fun hanging out with our friends without some fuuking ******* posting mocking videos of it all over the internet for a full year after the event.

HOW'S THAT AZZZHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You aren't gonna take it to court, I'm not taking it to court. Shounbag is much more likely to get a baseball bat up the side of the head than a summons.

NOW, your freeking legal opinion not withstanding.

A Fiero owner shouldn't have to go to any Fiero event in the world & have to stalked for the next year by nasty emails & mocking videos of that Fiero owners participation in that event.

CAN'T YOU ****ING UNDERSTAND THAT
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

You & your RFT buddys are the forum police. You find the 6 banger claims & you call them out on them.

I'm willing to live & let live, you're the one who wants the internet policed.

Archie
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2008 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Emc209i (edited 03-15-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock