Started on: 12-05-2004 03:18 AM
Replies: 121 (4782 views)
Last post by: F-I-E-R-O on 06-06-2005 12:21 AM
donk316

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2004 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im seriously NOT trying to get banned at all....just calling it how I see it.
IP: Logged
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WTF people!? Enough dishing out negs and banning people.
DelawareFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 139
User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2004 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DelawareFieroSend a Private Message to DelawareFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

WTF people!? Enough dishing out negs and banning people.

If they deserve it then whats the problem? you seem to be a red bar brigade supporter yourself.

why support trouble makers?

------------------
88GT Red 5 spd
88GT Red 5spd getting gutted for future install. TOP SECRET
87GT 5spd Silver- Daily Beater w/86K on the clock.
85 2M4 Blue 5 Spd
88GT White Auto coming this weekend!!!!!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donk316:

1st - Cliff recieving numerous emails and PMs regarding this thread is very sad... what a bunch of crybabies

2nd - Archie is a overpriced self proclaimed primadonna who is out of touch with reality and needs to stop trolling

thats it...everything else is fine....Darth and Lloyd can sort this out between them.

Oh gee, Donkey left before I had a chance to say goodbye. I'm so sad.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Yea I apologized and offered a truce and somehow Loyde got ahold of MY PRIVATE EMAILS to someone else and posted them on a PUBLIC FORUM. Who has the shady business practices now? Nice play Loyde, it really shows how much of a man you are. I offer my apology and a truce and you turn around and pull this crap. What gives you the RIGHT to post emails between me and someone ELSE in a public forum? I didn't do that to you.

You start a thread to trash a competitor. You make unfounded accusations & try to make Loyde out to be a bad person to business with.

Then when you are exposed to the truth you offer a truce.

Kinda sounds familiar doesn't it?

Then you're upset because he's more interested in setting the record straight then your truce.

Archie

You stupid butt, you wouldn't need a truce if you didn't go off half cocked in the 1st place.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-06-2004).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darth, it wasn't so much that posting this was a bad idea, but you have to realize you won'd change many minds. All a post like this can hope to do is say "Hey, I've had problems, and this is what they are" and leave it at that. Once it gets into the he-said, he-said, it'll go back and forth until it becomes a flame war.

Like I said, you posted your concerns, and Loyd responded. As far as I'm concerned, that should have been the end of the thread as any business that's worked out between you two should be done offline. Just an update to the thread if it's amicably settled and that's about it.

Just my 2 cents. Hope you both work everything out to each other's satisfaction.

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why does cliff lock some threads and trashcan others?
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DelawareFiero:

If they deserve it then whats the problem? you seem to be a red bar brigade supporter yourself.

why support trouble makers?

I just don't like when people who contribute get booted for stupid reasons. By the way, it's cool how speaking my mind got me 3 more negs. Oh well.

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

why does cliff lock some threads and trashcan others?

If a thread is way beyond the rules, Cliffy will lock it. In this case, I think he figured that if he locked it, someone would just start a second thread about it.

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just don't like when people who contribute get booted for stupid reasons. By the way, it's cool how speaking my mind got me 3 more negs. Oh well.

Unsafe, it always seems that as soon as something is said or done you are right there to try and stick up for the jerks who are being rightfully put in their place. Then you make some brilliant comment to try and justify your behavior by then saying you were just speaking your mind and/or saying how bad everyone else is being for putting the jerks in their place. Give us a break. Either be a positive member on here or go find another place to throw your negative comments around in please.
Ok so Donk is finally gone. He may have contributed some at first but for quite awhile now he was getting as bad as some of the others who were finally booted. He obviously worked hard enough to finally tick off just that last few members enough to get booted as well.

vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*test* (sorry)
PFF
System Bot
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see what Donk has done so bad lately. Maybe I missed something, but I haven't seen him do or say anything that warranted a banning. Atleast with some of the banned members that I "defended" I could atleast see why they got banned. (Whether or not those bannings were legit, though, let's not go into).

And Fiero5, being such a prominent supporter of a positive forum and being your bar looks pretty damn close to how mine does, maybe you should leave too, eh?

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unsafe At Any Speed

2299 posts
Member since Feb 2003
sig test.

------------------
SAVE THE DONK!

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't see what Donk has done so bad lately. Maybe I missed something, but I haven't seen him do or say anything that warranted a banning. Atleast with some of the banned members that I "defended" I could atleast see why they got banned. (Whether or not those bannings were legit, though, let's not go into).

And Fiero5, being such a prominent supporter of a positive forum and being your bar looks pretty damn close to how mine does, maybe you should leave too, eh?

Fiero5 doesn't do anything wrong.. It's all of us scapegoating him.. We start everything, he is just innocent.. Sheesh, I see you don't wallow in here enough..

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

Of course. It all makes sense now. Thanks!

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course. It all makes sense now. Thanks!

Just givin ya a heads up.. With a rating like mine, I thought you'd be in here more..

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnnyK

11290 posts
Member since Mar 2000
Hey, i just scored 3 more negatives.. You'd think everyone and their mothers would have given me one by now, for some odd reason..
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
otAFieroAnyLonger

Hey, i just scored 3 more negatives.. You'd think everyone and their mothers would have given me one by now, for some odd reason..

Naaa, I just changed yours from a - to a +....
It has been awhile since I came to visit this part of the forum... Kinda funny still!

and YES, I see that the 'bandwagon' is still rolling strong!!

------------------
----just me----

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One of them was a positive from me.

Uh oh, I'm defending the bad guys again.

88gtNewb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88gtNewbClick Here to visit 88gtNewb's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88gtNewbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a sig test...

------------------

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One of them was a positive from me.

Uh oh, I'm defending the bad guys again.

JohnnyK isn't a bad guy....just misunderstood at times.

PFF
System Bot
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I thank you all, and they all came back at ya..
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:

JohnnyK isn't a bad guy....just misunderstood at times.

sounds like me at times....

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

sounds like me at times....

Send out that headlight door yet?

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I asked if maybe you could try being a bit more positive and nice when you post and if not then try posting your negative attitude somewhere else.
Sorry to see that you and a few others still don't understand that concept very well yet.

Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time Fiero5 posts just to chew some person out in his own pompous manner I realize that I personally would buy a ticket to watch a video of Fiero5 getting bitchslapped.
I'm not proud of that but there it is, which is why I don't read threads with his name on them. But he just popped up here where I wasn't expecting him. Curse the luck.
MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phaeton:

Every time Fiero5 posts just to chew some person out in his own pompous manner I realize that I personally would buy a ticket to watch a video of Fiero5 getting bitchslapped.
I'm not proud of that but there it is, which is why I don't read threads with his name on them. But he just popped up here where I wasn't expecting him. Curse the luck.

think the forum would get a bulk discount?

------------------

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually... I don't think donk really deserved to get banned..... At times he pissed me off too with some of his lud comments but after the punisher banning (well deserved and overdue) He started shaping up.... His mistake was actually posting in this thread in the first place I guess (hope it's not my mistake either)

Actually I don't know what donk did to get himself enough negs to get banned ... But negs should be earned not given on mere bad ratings..... He really never said much when me and the punisher used to have words... He actually always kept quite. He was one actually the few ppl part of the red bar brigade that I didn't keep on neg. Usually if I neg you.... It's because you royally deserve it and there is no hope for rehibilitation... Usually after a month if a person shapes up I change them to nuetral if I neg them.

Again im only giving an opinion. But I do think this forum is a much cleaner place without punisher. legit threads can now stay out the trashcan. And again I did not read this thread all the way to know about what happened.

Now about this subject, Please resolve this or have this thread deleted or locked.

merry christmas to all

------------------

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 12-09-2004).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phaeton:

I was serving grey poupon when I typed that too
Guess I didn't realize that asking someone to try and be nice was being pompous. Learn somethin' new everyday.

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 12-09-2004).]

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to update this thread as "the next event" ....

I recieved the 2 PCMs from Ryan intact 100% today. There was an exchange of shipping funds I pay via paypal.

I called Pete today to get an update to the PCM codes. All looked great for 2 days. However, today another code has decided to pop up and trip the MIL... The code is a secondary EVAP. Primary is turned off, but it appears somehow, a secondary code triggered. I will be programming the 717 I recieved today with this code deleted and shipping directly to Pete as he as assured me he can change the PCM and reship the old PCM in the car now back to me. I will be covering the return shipping costs of that PCM also.

Thanks for the patience Pete.

Loyde

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

Just to update this thread as "the next event" ....

I recieved the 2 PCMs from Ryan intact 100% today. There was an exchange of shipping funds I pay via paypal.

I called Pete today to get an update to the PCM codes. All looked great for 2 days. However, today another code has decided to pop up and trip the MIL... The code is a secondary EVAP. Primary is turned off, but it appears somehow, a secondary code triggered. I will be programming the 717 I recieved today with this code deleted and shipping directly to Pete as he as assured me he can change the PCM and reship the old PCM in the car now back to me. I will be covering the return shipping costs of that PCM also.

Thanks for the patience Pete.

Loyde

Glad to hear you are going to help him out, I appreciate it. Please don't forget to fix his speedo calibration while you are at it. Hopefully this 5th PCM will be the end of the issues.

PFF
System Bot
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Glad to hear you are going to help him out, I appreciate it. Please don't forget to fix his speedo calibration while you are at it. Hopefully this 5th PCM will be the end of the issues.

Ryan, I dont mind you "counting" PCMs as a whole... but please note the programming sequence as a whole to everyone…

12209624 was the original provided PCM and was programmed twice before I decided it was time to switch to the 09380717 which has only been programmed twice to this point. So yes, this is 5 total, but if we had started with 09380717 first, this all would have never happen in the negative sense. Lets just try to be positive and move on pass this negative issue part. I had no idea you even had a PowrTuner until you posted that mess about your license issue with DHP. You can start your learning curve with OBDII programming now and see the “ups” and “downs”…

As far as that speedo calibration. I have to use HP Tuners right now to program the PCMs. My PowrTuner is only for 2000 and upcoming 2004 models. Let me show you what it looks like in HP tuners. It is completely different in Powrtuner if you have that loaded and running on a computer.

Now, see the light gray numbers in the boxes to the left center section. What would be current tire size and Calculated gear…. Well in the boxes label NEW, is the only boxes I can manually change, so the HPT program can auto calculate the shift parameters that are very associated with this type of change. You will notice in Powrtuner software that you make a gear ratio change, or a pulses per mile change, you have to manually go back to the shift tables and change those MPH per TPS vs RPM (or ever how those are labeled) yourself. DHP has excel spreadsheets with formulas to do some of this for point of entry starting place, but again, just a starting place. What works for one, does not work for everyone.

Thanks to you also Ryan for your new patience in this matter.

Loyde

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 12-09-2004).]

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FastFieros

2698 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Oh, also Ryan.... I have come up with my number to replace the 25.82.... However, I would be interested in what you would come up with to resolve this error in the speedo...

I wrote down 5% error on the plus side according to Pete tonight.

Now, we have to correct the 25.82 only, because the trans ratio stays 3.29. When I hit the calculate new values button, it does all the updates to the shift tables automaticly...

Thanks for your input..

Loyde

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but if we had started with 09380717 first, this all would have never happen in the negative sense
Loyde

Trust me, if I knew the 09380717 PCM would have been easier for you to work with without any major issues right off the bat, I am sure we (Pete and I) could have traded the 2002 PCM off to someone or a junkyard in exchange for the 09380717 unit instead; and this whole situation probably would not have happened.

Look, I will admit that I was quick to get upset about this PCM matter because it was very frustrating. It also didn't help that this project suffered a couple of other setbacks that were out of my control and I guess this was just the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. As I am sure you understand, being the only one in a one-bay shop it is quite difficult to stick to deadlines and tight schedules when the setbacks start to pile up. Needless to say I have a new found respect for the employees of OCC on American Chopper and what those guys go thru to get projects done on time and as scheduled.

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 12-10-2004).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sigh.. I forsee this ending up in GFC...
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now, see the light gray numbers in the boxes to the left center section. What would be current tire size and Calculated gear…. Well in the boxes label NEW, is the only boxes I can manually change, so the HPT program can auto calculate the shift parameters that are very associated with this type of change. You will notice in Powrtuner software that you make a gear ratio change, or a pulses per mile change, you have to manually go back to the shift tables and change those MPH per TPS vs RPM (or ever how those are labeled) yourself. DHP has excel spreadsheets with formulas to do some of this for point of entry starting place, but again, just a starting place. What works for one, does not work for everyone.

Loyde

I have not used HP tuners so I don't know if altering the number in the Trans Revs/Mile box will alter the shift points or not. According to Pete's highway data (mile marker distance vs. odometer reading), he says the speedo is reading 5% too fast. (when he travels the distance between two mile markers the odometer says he has gone 1 mile and 1/2 of a tenth). In my 95 OBDI 3800 PCM tuning program I can adjust speedo output divisor and VSS Pulses/Mile and that is basically it for the speedo cal. Adjusting the VSS Pulses/Mile affects the shift tables on my program but it is the only way to fine-tune the VSS cal because the speedo output divisor can only be adjusted in multiples of 16 for some stupid reason. In my case what I would do is just multiply the VSS Pulses/Mile value by 105% and then multiply the trans shift tables and TCC lockup params by 95% across the board to retain the same shift points in relation to actual vehicle speed. Thats how I would fix it if I couldn't adjust the tire size param in the computer. If that TRANS REVS/MILE param shown in your window is strictly for speedo calibration I would just multiply that number by 1.05 (105%) and that should fix it. Again, I don't have HP Tuners so I couldn't tell you if that is what that param is for.

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is why I dont like getting into adjusting speedo cal's without the car being here and they are running automatic transmissions. The manual conversions have to have a werid number in there to make the IAC react right, but the rest of the shift tables dont matter since it will never see those tables in the shifting.

OK...heres my thought's on this...

Tire size is currently 25.82 inches with 5% error. The transmission is at 3.29 calculated gear ratio. Thats all the numbers I can work with because I am not going into the shift tables and changing all those values manually. You can do it with the same percentage you come up with here, but the tables are suppose to update automaticly if you have that check box "auto scale transmission tables" clicked.

Now, if we go to the trusty tire rack tire converter http://www.s-series.org/htm/calc/tiresizeconv.htm

Example: LT235/75R16 = 30"
LT(225)/R(50)=Diameter'' 24.9
Section Width:'' 8.9 Section Height:'' 4.5

Well, 25.82 is stock for the GTP car. Had I put the 24.9 Pete's error would be greater. Back some time ago when you sent that email about the 5% speedo error, we were still working on the shifting problem. Since shifting needs recalculated when you change this speed cal area, I had omited that at the time to not change this in order to not be changing to many parameters at one time. Then I flat forgot to change it in this last PCM I sent, but makes no difference, the P0446 has decided to come up and now that the shifting on the car is 100%, its time to kill this last code (hopefully) and resolve the speedo cal.

In the picture there's the bigger tire. Now if we note how tire size reacts in the real world of experience I believe if you put a bigger tire on a car, it would make the speedo read slower. Takes a further distance to make one revolution, so today in 25.82 inches, we see .......... well I dont know what we see... This is were I hate math...

I know you have a 30 tooth reluctor ring on the diff that the VSS picks up the pulses at. It turns more than one revolution in 25.82 inches, but I dont have a clue how much.

I am out on this math thing... I will add 5% of tire size to this 25.82 to get 27.11 (rounded off)..

Now we have this

Anyone else have a better explanation of how I should approach this?

Loyde

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 12-10-2004).]

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am out on this math thing... I will add 5% of tire size to this 25.82 to get 27.11 (rounded off)..

Now we have this

Anyone else have a better explanation of how I should approach this?

Loyde

I don't usually work with tire diameters because there is an easier way. What I do is go to tire rack, as you do, and find the tire rev's per mile and use that for my calculations, it is MUCH easier. A problem is the static tire diameter measurement does not take into account rolling circumference diameter so your numbers could always be off (vehicle weight on the tire causes the sidewall to crush slightly which makes the rolling diameter of the tire smaller). What I usually do is just go to the Tire Manufacturer's website (for whatever tire I am working with) and look up their specs for rev's per mile. It looks like your HP Tuners has attempted to calculate this value using diameter but, like I just mentioned, it may not take into account loaded tire rolling diameter.

I just emailed Pete and he said (as best he could remember from memory) that he is running this tire: Falken ZE-512 ZIEX, 225/50-16. I just looked up the specs on the Falken Tire website for Pete's tires. They say the Falken ZE-512 ZIEX, 225/50-16 tire has a diameter of 24.9" but does not give a rev's per mile spec (I wish they did like most every other mfgr, it is more accurate). Anyway since this is all we have to go on we will have to use it. This diameter of 24.9" is smaller than the previous diameter that was previously entered in HP Tuners of 25.82" by approx 3.6%. But like I said the Falken website does not give us REV PER MILE specs on these tires, just a static diameter so it is reasonable to assume there could be a 1.4% error allowed for the speedo cal due to tire loading. We know for sure at present the speedo is 5% too fast so we need the following changes to be made to the PCM programming:

Original Settings:

Tire Dia: 25.82"
VSS Pulses/Mile: 23430
Trans Revs/Mile: 2568.3980

I would suggest these settings be changed to the following to fix the speedo cal:

Tire Dia: 24.53" (which should automatically make the following changes)
VSS Pulses/Mile: 24602
Trans Revs/Mile: 2696.8179

This should slow down the speedo by 5%.

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't knock this crap off, JohnnyK is right!! Cliff just might move this to GFC and well, you know what happens then

Glad to see you guys working things out,

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 12-12-2004).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2004 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This went alot longer than I thought it was going to go before if got bad!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
219customs@verizon.net
My build thread

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page