Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  WOW!! Look who's Fiero is in the latest issue of... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
WOW!! Look who's Fiero is in the latest issue of... by Fiero5
Started on: 10-20-2004 09:22 AM
Replies: 180 (5438 views)
Last post by: Phaeton on 11-12-2004 02:09 AM
JKFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve.......A little story.
I don't know if you met my son at Carlisle this year or not.
He had the white 85 GT next to Jordans.
He has owned somewhere around 30 Fieros since he bought his first one at age 16.
He's now 28.
To be honest, I never did anything but rag on that poor kid for wasting his money on those "plastic pigs".
And I never let up. I lent a hand once in awhile, but for the most part, he has done all the work on them himself.
In 2001, he bought me an 85 Coupe. And of course, I was hooked.
Now, he lives a distance from me. I have come to really enjoy the Fiero, but.....unfortunately...I can't enjoy them with him the way I wish I could. And I think back on the way I was towards his Fieros and it actually shames me. To be honest, I couldn't ask for a better son and am extremely proud of him. I just wish that I would have spent the time that he was home helping instead of ridiculing his hobby.
I don't give two hoots in hell if your car is pink with orange dots.
You are spending time with your son, which he will never forget, and you will never regret.
He likes the car...I don't care if he did the work, or you did the work...He likes the car.
Enjoy .............

Jim

[This message has been edited by JKFIERO (edited 10-21-2004).]

IP: Logged
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The important thing to remember here is that Punisher's only goal in life is to stop the BS on the forum.. He spent all day yesterday explaining that to me... So he comes in here and rags on an 11 year old boy's car... Yeah, you are really stopping the BS on the forum, Shaun. Like I told you yesterday, the best way for you to stop the BS on the forum is for you not to say anything.

For some reason he honestly can't seem to see how wrong he is.. A whole thread full of people congratulating someone for an accomplishment and he posts 3-4 times back to back with all the venom he can think of to try to mess it up... Amazing! Maybe he was just worried that his red bar was losing red ...

Still gonna deny following Steve around harassing him?

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-21-2004).]

The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting your car published in a "Ricers rides" section in a non nationally recognized magazine is not an accomplishment.

He submitted pictures to a ricey magazine and the editor said:

"Holy **** this is a riced out POS. We have to put it in the readers rides section."

Think the car would get any sort of attention in a real magazine like Hot Rod? Or maybe even Sport Compact Car? If he submitted pics to taht magazine he would be laughed at and told to go F himself. THe only thing that car gets recognized for is being a Riced out POS.

Have you ever heard of this magazine? I havent'. Which means its probably nothing but ricer crap.

Gettign a pic in a readers ride section is not a big deal

Get a 4 page spread article on your car like Bill Sessions is an accomplishment.

Anyone can submit pictures of their car to a magazine. Not everyone gets a 4 page layout.

Want to know what I think is funny?

5 years from now when "j-Rod" gets old enough to drive he wont' want to drive that ugly @ss POS. his tastes will have changed and hopefully so will his current oversized wardrobe. Hopefully he will have clothes that fit him by then. I am calling it now. Mark my words.

I am going to submit that pic to riceboy.com. if the pic gets put up on that page will you all congratulate steve then for having a ricemobile and how it made a webpage full of other ricers? I mean damn its a webpage that can be viewed by millions of people. Talk about an accomplishment!!!!!!!! right? right?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So let's see the pictures of your car in any magazine?

Hey.. I've got a new sig for you...

----
The Punisher <==== Big Manly Name
Stopping the BS on the forum by attacking people to make me feel big.

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But seriously, who goes to a magazine signing? Anyone here ever gone and had a magazine signed by someone who had 1/4 of a page in it?

Edit: I'm just curious why a book store would set-up a signing for this.

[This message has been edited by Unsafe At Any Speed (edited 10-21-2004).]

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is that i see coming at us at Mach20??? oh is that the trash can... HOLY SH!T this thread is gonna splat on the bottom of it....

btw... its cool that jordan's fiero got in ANY magazine ricer or not... not everyone gets put in the readers rides section. usually they have to go through quite a few cars and decide on the best... and jordan's Brian Spilner/Walker 97 Eclipse GS-T Wannabe is still pretty nice just because he is 11 and has a car that will whip up on most civics and the like even if JORDAN drove it. ask yourself this question... would you be saying the same thing if YOUR kid had his car put in a magazine? i didnt think so(dont use the "i wouldnt ever let my kid make such an ugly car blah blah blah... excuses)

WAY TO GO JORDAN!

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydz
Mid-Rear Madness

Exdeath

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ExdeathClick Here to visit Exdeath's HomePageSend a Private Message to ExdeathEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

But seriously, who goes to a magazine signing? Anyone here ever gone and had a magazine signed by someone who had 1/4 of a page in it?

Edit: I'm just curious why a book store would set-up a signing for this.

They are having a book signing because Fiero5's town is so damn small everyone there is family. That is a thing for the whole family to be proud of. BTW those ricer mags are easy to get into. Just rice your car out a little with a shitty paintjob, a bunch of stickers, a giant exhaust and wing, and put some old english or japanese writing on the top of your windshield and you can have your car up in a mag. Personally, I'd be pretty damn ashamed if my car was in a magazine next to "Dave's Golf" and "Ky's Kavalier".

Good for you "Steve", even though the car is fugly I think what you're doing with your son is great. However his judgement isn't always best and it'd be good for you to moderate his ideas a bit. I can tell, like the Punisher, that in 5 years when he can drive, he won't wanna drive that ugly thing because this Fast&theFurious fad will be over. Look at fads in the past, all these ricers of today will look back at their pictures 5 or 10 years from now and laugh at their own stupidity.

------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 2.8L V6 Automatic
36,000 miles and counting! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Hey.. I've got a new sig for you...

----
The Punisher <==== Big Manly Name
Stopping the BS on the forum by attacking people to make me feel big.

hey thanks for the sig idea. I am going to have to use that.

Thanks

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find it interesting that everyone that posting a negative comment in this thread, I had already rated negative for other reasons, other than bashing Fiero5. If I could give them another negative for what they've posted in this thread, I wouldn't hestitate for a moment.
Wesley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WesleySend a Private Message to WesleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very cool man....congrats I wish my dad helped me rice my fiero out like that when I was 11....NO Im not a ricer guy but I like jordans car unlike the majority of people here. to an 11 year old I know how cool something like that would be so I respect it and I love the car keep up the good work

------------------

PFF
System Bot
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just don't get why everyone feels the need to bash the green thing. (And yes, I know that some members have issues with Steve, but why do those issues have to get dragged into every Fiero5 thread?)

Yeah, the car is riced out, and in my opinion it's over the top. But it's not my car. If you don't like it, don't read the thread or look at the pictures. Although the green thing used to pop up in all sorts of unrelated threads, Steve's been very good lately of keeping the pics in his own threads. And even if you did open up this thread not expecting to see the beast, how hard is it to hit the Back button? Not meant to be a lecture, just my 2 cents.

Steve/Jordan: although the car isn't to my tastes at all, congrats for getting into the magazine.

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slow news day in New Hampshire.

On a local note, our local Barnes and Noble will be holding a stall signing in honor of the 2 pound burrito that I evacuated in their men's room. Local critics said that it was a monumental acheivement in the digestive arts. Understandably, we're all quite proud.

What, you thought I'd be nice?

OK. Congratulations.

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

Slow news day in New Hampshire.

On a local note, our local Barnes and Noble will be holding a stall signing in honor of the 2 pound burrito that I evacuated in their men's room. Local critics said that it was a monumental acheivement in the digestive arts. Understandably, we're all quite proud.

What, you thought I'd be nice?

OK. Congratulations.

Will you sign my tits?

JM

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man and just when I was thinking.... Things would cool down and get better it Turns around and ppl pull a flip flop around in the trolling again

Can we keep this thread clean please? This is simply uncalled for.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
His fuel gage is about to hit the all mighty empty, after enough people read what he's posted in this thread, we might not have to worry about reading this garbage anymore. Just need some people to step forward and cast their vote.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Punisher:

Will you sign my tits?

JM

Promise you won't exploit my celebrity by auctioning it off on eBay?

Come on people, have a sense of humor. I kinda like Steve, and I admire his devotion to his kids. But stuff like this is like the old lady who insists on showing everyone pictures of their ugly grandkids. I mean, a magazine signing? Kudos for getting in the Readers Ride section, but it ain't like y'all cured cancer. Let's have a bit of reality in out perspective. I had my tattoo featured in Skin Art magazine, I didn't go on the lecture circuit over it.

Oh, and Exdeath, you're a no-class havin punk newbie. Grow some fur on your nads before you start trying to be a bad ass.

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 10-21-2004).]

wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once a jerk, always a jerk.
Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to you and jordan.

------------------

The 4.9 To Be!

arte444

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put in a new engine and you can make it as ugly as you want. Fast cars are allowed to look like **** because they have the power to back it up. Unfortunantly, you just have a duke in there so its like every other ricer car out there.

------------------
-Kyle
Email: arte@sek-c.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1987 Notchback 4cyl. (Busted Tranny)
1992 Corsica 3.1L GT =P

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figured as much from you Arte, hell you don't even have a Fiero that runs !
PFF
System Bot
Ken86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken86GTSend a Private Message to Ken86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome job getting in the magazine and all. I bet that made Jordan even more excited about his car. I only hope my Dad and I can be as sucessfuly on our Fieros as you and your son are on yours.

Congrats.

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to Jordan. No matter what the naysayers say, Steve. You're doing a good thing. Keep up the good work. I wish I had a relationship with my father they way that you and Jordan have had and continue to have. Keep up the good work. Despite the many efforts for these other fiero owners who aren't in any magazines to downplay the Jordan's accomplishments, the car looks great and is sure to turn some heads. Maybe not fiero owners though, cause they just can't seem to overlook their egos.

[This message has been edited by Iron_Mark_2003 (edited 10-22-2004).]

Exdeath

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2004 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ExdeathClick Here to visit Exdeath's HomePageSend a Private Message to ExdeathEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy, I had hair on my nuts at an age you were still drooling and sucking your thumb, so shut your trap before I "accidentally" teabag you fool. I could really say a lot worse in this thread about that car but I'm holding back to save a little respect for the kid and his father.
(edit)BTW, Shouldn't this thread have been in the trash can like yesterday?(/edit)
------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 2.8L V6 3-speed auto 37,000 miles

2000 Camaro Z28, 5.7L LS1 V8 4-speed auto 42,000 miles
My Cardomain Page

[This message has been edited by Exdeath (edited 10-22-2004).]

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats kool but when me and my dad were building our fiero instead of makin it look fast we put a v8 in it. But that is kool good job

------------------
85 SE 2.8 - beater coupe-
86 SE 3.4 -in progress 3800 II SC -
88 Formula GT 4.9 5 speed beast
Enough parts outside for another one
-And a 3.4 push rod for sale in the mall Go and look-

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by arte444:

Put in a new engine and you can make it as ugly as you want. Fast cars are allowed to look like **** because they have the power to back it up. Unfortunantly, you just have a duke in there so its like every other ricer car out there.

Looking in your sig you seem to have the same car with the same engine less a working tranny, And you come here and crack on someone elses car ? With the same setup ?

I truly don't get some ppl LOL. Can I see a pic of your car please Hahahahahahahah

------------------

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 10-22-2004).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Exdeath:

They are having a book signing because Fiero5's town is so damn small everyone there is family. That is a thing for the whole family to be proud of. BTW those ricer mags are easy to get into. Just rice your car out a little with a shitty paintjob, a bunch of stickers, a giant exhaust and wing, and put some old english or japanese writing on the top of your windshield and you can have your car up in a mag. Personally, I'd be pretty damn ashamed if my car was in a magazine next to "Dave's Golf" and "Ky's Kavalier".

Good for you "Steve", even though the car is fugly I think what you're doing with your son is great. However his judgement isn't always best and it'd be good for you to moderate his ideas a bit. I can tell, like the Punisher, that in 5 years when he can drive, he won't wanna drive that ugly thing because this Fast&theFurious fad will be over. Look at fads in the past, all these ricers of today will look back at their pictures 5 or 10 years from now and laugh at their own stupidity.

Let's see here, you find fault with where he lives, and the towns people, and his family. Then you condemn everything he and his son have done to the car, and tell them they should be ashamed of their Fugly Ugly Car. Then finally, you accuse Steve of being a Bad Parent, who doesn't know how to guide his children. Your comments in this thread are extremely abusive in my opinion. You also seem to take pride in comparing smaller engine imports to your Z28, what Planet are you living on ??? Finally, Z28's like you have, are a "dime a dozen" on the street, nothing to get excited about, and don't draw much attention anyway.

edit.....I just visited your Car Domain and noticed you have a pretty nice '88 Fiero GT with "Low Miles". You state that you are considering a V8 conversion and possibly a full body kit for that car. To me, is seems like you don't practice what you preach, as that car will have more value to it in 5 to 10 years, than if you mod it.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 10-22-2004).]

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Let's see here, you find fault with where he lives, and the towns people, and his family. Then you condemn everything he and his son have done to the car, and tell them they should be ashamed of their Fugly Ugly Car. Then finally, you accuse Steve of being a Bad Parent, who doesn't know how to guide his children. Your comments in this thread are extremely abusive in my opinion. You also seem to take pride in comparing smaller engine imports to your Z28, what Planet on you living on ??? Finally, Z28's like you have, are a "dime a dozen" on the street, nothing to get excited about, and don't draw much attention anyway.

edit.....I just visited your Car Domain and noticed you have a pretty nice '88 Fiero GT with "Low Miles". You state that you are considering a V8 conversion and possibly a full body kit for that car. To me, is seems like you don't practice what you preach, as that car will have more value to it in 5 to 10 years, than if you mod it.

Nicely put Plus for you

------------------

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Thanks everyone. Yeah, Jordan is grinning from ear to ear.
A lot of the local "tuners" and people we know and have met at local shows and cruise-ins over the last year or so who have met Jordan and know about his car have been buying the mags up and of course we picked up a "couple" issues ourselves. Sadly, the store is now sold out of this issue after only two days!! The first time ever they said
NOW, here is the other cool part of this if it happens:
When we started checking in at the Borders store weeks ago when we first heard that his Fiero was going to be in it, a Borders manager caught wind of it and thought it was pretty cool that not only a local car owner was in a mag, but that it was an 11 year old car owner. She asked if we would like to have Jordan at some point at the store after the issue came out and do a magazine signing. Soo, one thing led to another and now the publisher of Sport Compact National, Inside Track Communications, Inc, is coordinating with our local Borders Book Store here in West Lebanon NH to try and get a lot more issues shipped in due to the sell out as the store has allready been gearing up for this Sunday so we can have Jordan do a signing of the mag. The store also wants us to bring his Fiero for display as well and park it right out front of the main entrance where they will have a banner I guess and have ads and stuff.
Jordans principle at Plainfield Elementary is gearing the school up to have a lot of the teachers come on Sunday and is announcing it in the school newsletter. It will be cool event on Sunday if they can get the mags in in time.
I will of course take a "few" pics

That's awesome! Congrats to Jordan! Also, it's always great to see another bit of positive media for Fieros.

James Bondo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James BondoSend a Private Message to James BondoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate that father and son are enjoying this hobby together, in fact I'm a little jealous since my onw kids have no interest in automobiles. Still, the simple fact is that this car is too riced out and Fieros don't take to rice too well. It was produced well before the modding trend.

IMHO opinion; it's like saying "he son, wanna build 1/25 scale models?" "Cool, I did it when I was a kid and I think you'll enjoy it". "But instead of using Testor's model glue and paints, we'll used contact cement and your mother's nail polish".

Exdeath

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2004 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ExdeathClick Here to visit Exdeath's HomePageSend a Private Message to ExdeathEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eh all my frustration with Ricers happens to find a vent at Steve. I can't see how these hideous F&F wannabe cars can have such a fuss made about them. "Ohhh look at me I can put a wing and large exhaust on my Civic, now I'm faster than all the cars on the road with my economy car". Steve's son is caught up in this ricing (tuning, F&F, whatever) fad and will probably either get sick of the car when he grows older or he'll continue on and probably go and get a Eclipse or Celica or something like that and mod the outside. Ricers have the absolute worst attitudes and driving styles on the road today. I know if a shitty Honda Accord costs like $2000 you can afford to drive in traffic like you're out of your mind (on the highway around here I've seen people in these ricers weaving between sub-rushhour traffic coming within INCHES of other cars on the road). They also believe for the most part that American cars are **** (including the Fiero, why the hell do you think I want to mod the engine?) and that Japanese cars can own American cars any day. When they pull up to a stoplight next to a Camaro (sometimes mine? maybe)or a Trans Am or even Mustang GT, they can usually get "skooled" but usually blame it on something else. I know the Camaro doesn't get even half the looks of the Fiero when I drive them, but it can beat the Fiero all day in speed. The Fiero beats in it handling, but around here there's too many slow people in mini-vans and pickup trucks to enjoy the curves, while there's many straight-aways on 2 lane highway around here to play around. However, like I said before I do respect what Steve is doing with his son, it is a great thing for them to bond so well in a time period where TV and video games tend to raise kids rather than the parents. But does he have to show off every little thing that happens in his life with that car? Oh look I took a massive dump, here's a picture on the forums for all to see! Toilet seat signing is next week, please come! You say to use the "back" button? This is where real life and the internet differ. IRL if some idiot is say, posting up like hundreds of photos of their kids around their cubicle at the office in plain view of everyone, do I tell him to take them down because its annoying, or do I keep walking past every day getting pissed off every day because he thinks he is so important when he obviously isn't? This is public forum people, Steve if you want to document every little **** you take in life on the internet for some sort of self-satisfaction, go start your own website so no one can go to it.
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do realize it is his car, right? He has the right to do anything he wants to it and show it off however he pleases. There is no right or wrong when it comes to cars. Only opinions. And the only one that really matters belongs to the owner... I'm not a fan of ricers either. And you are right about most people that drive them... But that has never been the issue of this thread and certainly not the reason for Shaun's attacks.

The kid is 11 years old. So what if what he likes now will be different than what he likes when he's 16? I got rid of my old 20" motocross bike and got a car during those same ages. Tastes change. Is the kid supposed to know now what he likes in 5 years? Whose to say that what any of us do to our cars will be liked in 5 years? Whose to say that what we are doing to our cars is liked now? No one, that's who...

I'd be pleased as punch to have any of my cars in a magazine, even a reader's rides section. And I'd buy lots of copies and I'd probably brag about it... I would hope that people would understand my excitement and not try to deflate my moment. Usually the people who do that do it because they have no moments of their own.

Still.. We all know this was never the reasoning for the attacks in this thread... But even if it was, these reasons are just as bad as the others... The fact that this is a public forum as you admit, means that Steve can post anything within the rules that he wants. And this is well within the rules. If you don't like it, don't look. Look to your other buddies for breaking the rules.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-22-2004).]

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Exdeath:

blah, blah, blah

Steve if you want to document every little **** you take in life on the internet for some sort of self-satisfaction, go start your own website so no one can go to it.

So Exdeath, I guess we will now also see this same long winded run on sentence in all of the other threads on PFF (of which their are litterally hundreds, maybe thousands BTW) created by many of the other proud Fiero owners on this Fiero forum that continually show off their rides and what they are doing with them?

matchmade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for matchmadeSend a Private Message to matchmadeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as taste is concerned to each their own. You'll never please everyone, and you shouldn't try to. What matters most is being proud of your accomplishments. I commend Fiero5 greatly for getting his family involved in the Fiero hobby. Also bare in mind, this car is a "THEMED BUILD-UP", and regardless if you like that theme or not Jordan's Fiero adhered to the theme well. I love watching the show "American Chopper", they build theme bikes all the time. Some of them I have thought were a tad gawdy, but again adhered magnificently to the intended theme. Furthermore, I'd like to say congratulations Jordan. Fiero5 and Jordan be proud and hold your heads high, you have a wonderful family bond in that car, I wish I could have had such wonderful father-son project memories.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, Steve.
RT-66Chick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RT-66ChickClick Here to visit RT-66Chick's HomePageSend a Private Message to RT-66ChickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHAT IS UR PROBLEM??? My brother is ONLY 11. He can only do so much! And what he HAS accomplished is a lot for an 11 year old! Probably more then you will EVER accomplish in your life time. Yes his car got in a magazine that is not as popular as others, but hey it's still cool that a magazine thought his car was good enough to even be in there. And yes u r entitled to an opinion, but ur attitude is really stupid and hurtful. And maybe u don't like his car but, obvioulsy some people do cause look at all the trophies he wins. Jordan doesn't even care about the trophies, he thinks that just going to the car show to talk, and show off his car, is what it is all about. A trophy is just a bonus. Everyone at my school loves his car, and encourages him to keep on going even if there are idiots like u out thier.
-Tarrah*

[This message has been edited by RT-66Chick (edited 10-22-2004).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch!!
I hope all of you "trolls" that posted crap in this thread realize that you just got OWN3D by a 15 year old
ambfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, PLEASE end the madness...... This getting very old. I don't agree with Pun but Fiero5 you keep it going just as much as Pun does. I think its cool you got the car in a magazine despite what others may say. But to keep this thread alive with all the crap tossing, its almost like watching the presidential debates. The fact the car is in a mag got completely lost somewhere between all this bickering, thats the sad part.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OWN3D?

I think she just got OWN3D by spelling and grammer.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

OWN3D?

I think she just got OWN3D by spelling and grammer.

Puns is a lot worse, Ever try reading his poorly written and spelled dribble? She's a teenager in school, whats Punsihers excuse?

And ambfiero, as for the accusation that I am the one keeping it going and slinging crap...hardly. Just look at the dates of when all the crap started being posted by Punisher and when I made the next post in here and what I said? I am NOT the one keeping it going or slinging any crap.

ambfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero5,
I never stated that you started or was the one slinging crap. Its like I am back in highschool all over, just ignore these guys and stop feeding the fire. Be the bigger person and walk away from comments that get to you. When you put a ton of emotion back into a reply these guys win. I have been on the forum for a few years now and I see the posts so believe me I know how these things get started, just don't make it easy for them to spin you up and loose site of your posts. I am sure from your standpoint it gets old and your fed up with it. But as long as you retaliate the fight will always be alive. Just my 2cents, and its not worth 1 penny. =)

Anthony

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock