Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  25th Anniversary DVD and Coffee Table Book information (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
25th Anniversary DVD and Coffee Table Book information by timgray
Started on: 07-08-2008 08:32 AM
Replies: 187 (4565 views)
Last post by: southpaw_mi on 04-09-2009 06:51 PM
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

DVD's are not ready to do a partial ship as hoped this weekend. They will be ready by the end of this week, and we will be shipping to the first 30 orders of book and DVD and all others that ordered DVD only.

Second batch order of books will go in this tuesday. I'm going to order 2 extra to make it a full batch to get the order in. (I need one for my shelf, and Juli our Photographer needs one.)

So I have a set ship date of starting to ship most orders by next friday. All DVD orders will ship at that time and the first batch of DVD+Book orders will ship as well. Second batch orders will go out as soon as I get the second batch of books from the publisher.

Thanks everyone!

No hurry on my set of both book and DVD, as the wife ordered them as an Xmas present so i cant have them until december anyway

EDIT: Hey.. page 4 is mine!

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 10-25-2008).]

IP: Logged
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2008 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Order placed and paid for
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WE ARE SHIPPING!

I am shipping books and DVD's daily. so watch your mail. Canada buyers, it will take longer for them to get to you. Also i was not able to insure any shipments outside of the USA so be forewarned. All shipments that are able to be insured, have been. I wish I could insure those going into canada and overseas, but the USPS will not allow it unless I go for the global priority mail at $35.00 + insurance.

I am packing in bubble envelopes with the contents wrapped in tyvek waterproof envelopes. to protect them as much as possible.

Everyone that has ordered a book via the doodledoll website and the flyers will be getting them shortly with their DVD. No more book sales will be taken by me. They are however still available at the publishers website. there is a link in the http://doodledoll.com/store book item listing that will allow you to buy the book directly from the publisher.

I'm actually losing money on them by shipping with insurance. The publisher can ship cheaper than I can.

The DVD's are still in stock! I have another batch of 100 showing up in 2 days so if you order it will ship within 5 days.

Thanks everyone! and please post your review or thoughts on the book or dvd when you recieve it and have had time to enjoy it.
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered the DVD! I couldn't find the link to order the book, though?

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

LookingForAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LookingForAFieroSend a Private Message to LookingForAFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim - Thanks putting all of this together. It seems like most Fiero ventures (new parts, books, etc) end up being pro-bono and eventually die off. These are very cool items for any Fiero person to have, so I am glad that I got a copy of both.

------------------
86 GT - Red, Auto, 3.4 V6
88 5.0 Mustang

"Don't even consider keeping up with the Joneses!! They're broke!" - Dave Ramsey

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yaye! i know it's on it's way...i can feel it!
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahh the store removes it from the pages if inventory is at 0. I had to add a out of stock date for it to come back.

it's back now that way you can follow the link to the publisher to buy the book directly from them.

I'm enjoying it. Although the DVD shipment I just received is in WHITE cases instead of black cases, so I guess I'll have Both white and black case DVD's being shipped. It's more money for white cases, but they did not charge me more. I called and asked and they said, "we were out of black cases, so we upgraded your order for free."

so the DVD you get may be in a black case or a white case... I can feel everyone's excitement already!

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK ordered the book, too. Pricey, but looks like it'll be worth it! Can't wait to see both!
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim .... you have put me in automatic check-the-mailbox-mode.

I am REALLY EXCITED! The lat time I was this excited was the 25th. Thank you again.
PFF
System Bot
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

.... you have put me in automatic check-the-mailbox-mode.

What is this magic ... automatic check-the-mailbox-mode ... you mention here ?

Actually come to think of it ...
I have been in automatic check- the mailbox mode every since it was mentioned the book was going to be shipped soon.
So somebody else is going to check it for me. Cool. Cause sending the kid down there, has only worked out so so.

Can't wait

Tina
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is WOW. they arrived and have to see the video but the book is great. I just got out of surgery from neck fusion so it was perfect to set down and help ignore the pain. I will be ordering more books for sure shortly. Thanks all of you who worked on these. Off t o watch the video now. Rick B
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhhhhgggggg... I want mine already! Rick, thanks for rubbing it in. Get better soon buddy.

Tina.... The "automatic mode" for me is, when I hear a car driving down the road I have to go see if it is the mailman so I can check for the book and DVD. I really am looking forward to both of them. If Rick just got his, I am guessing mine is not far behind considering my location.

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 10-18-2008).]

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop acting like the dog Paul hahahahaha you'll wear out the carpet. You did good on the video also (little more rub-in) Here is a link to the fun I went thru the other day http://www.fieropacecar.com...=viewtopic&t=256#922

Again thanks to Tim and his staff as the DGP really got allot of exposure in both book and video and greatly appreciate it. Watching John Callies story again was great. My family was laughing and really enjoyed it. These were put together very professionally with high quality all the way.

Tim did John callies order one of these??? I may want to have a set shipped off to him for all the help he gave us on our history.. Rick B
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A set is going to John. Someone here ordered a set for him.

I am hoping to have a "sample" clip of the DVD available online that shows it better than the youtube squished preview I posted here.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 10-18-2008).]

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am anxiously awaiting my book and DVD as well. I put a lot of "Blood, Sweat and Tears" into the event and am anxious to see and hear it through anothers "eyes"

I was very busy throughout the weekend, and did not get the time I would have liked to have spent talking with everyone and seeing all the awesome cars, so this will be my chance to see the show, so to speak.

I have seen the pre-release version of the DVD, and it was very cool. The book is what I want to get in my hands.
Tim,

Again, thank you for doing this. You and your staff did an excellent job, and I really appreciate your willingness to do this and make a nice keepsake for the community!

Mark

EDIT: Spelling, what else

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 10-18-2008).]

southpaw_mi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for southpaw_miClick Here to visit southpaw_mi's HomePageSend a Private Message to southpaw_miEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mark,
Your order will be mailed out later this week, so will Tina's and a few others. We have been able to do between 5 and 10 orders each couple of days, sorry, but there is only 2 of us trying to do this alone.
And Tim got injured Friday so he has been taking it easy this weekend. But we have 9 orders we are mailing on Monday. Ohniko (spelling?) yours is in that bunch!
I hope everyone enjoys their books and DVD's we did put a lot of hard work into them. I designed the book and Tim did the DVD all himself. We appreciate that so far we have really good reviews! Thanks for letting us know that we did a good job.
Lynne Gray

------------------
You only get out of life what you put in it!

DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received my set this morning and Wow both the book and DVD are great. I feel really honored to have been included in both. Thanks again to Tim and Lynne for all your hard work in making these.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by southpaw_mi:

Hey Mark,
Your order will be mailed out later this week, so will Tina's and a few others. We have been able to do between 5 and 10 orders each couple of days, sorry, but there is only 2 of us trying to do this alone.
And Tim got injured Friday so he has been taking it easy this weekend. But we have 9 orders we are mailing on Monday. Ohniko (spelling?) yours is in that bunch!
I hope everyone enjoys their books and DVD's we did put a lot of hard work into them. I designed the book and Tim did the DVD all himself. We appreciate that so far we have really good reviews! Thanks for letting us know that we did a good job.
Lynne Gray

Thanks & no rush. Yes I am anxious, but I can wait.
pswayne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my DVD and book today. Way cool! I found my car in the book -- twice!
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received mine today and I am astounded on what a great job was done! This is some first class stuff. I feel very honored and humbled to be included in both book and DVD. Especially my favorite picture. John Callies and I with the two race cars. That is a better photo than I have. Thank you guys so much.
Although I haven't seen all of the DVD I did get to see Rick's interview with the gold DGP car. That is a great story. I also really liked what was done with John's presentation. I think he will be pleased as well.

Again an outstanding job. Only one question.... how are Tim and his wonderful crew going to top this at the 30th?
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woot! I got it this morning, I'm very happy with these!
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My package arrived yesterday, but i cant look at it until Christmas.. Wife whisked it away to be wrapped up.
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please let me know your thoughts on the DVD. That was the one I spent all the time on. Lynne spent most of her time on the book. She is so happy everyone loves it.
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As someone who was not at the event, I can tell you that I like the book alot. But IMHO the DVD did a much better job of capturing the spirit of the event - the interviews and footage are incredible, and I'm glad to have been able to experience them, even if I couldn't make it out for the 25th.

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered three books from the publisher, will probably be ordering DVDs once I get the funds for them! They look great

------------------

MOTORTOPIA

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my book today. The best word to describe it is simply WOW.

First, it came overpackaged in a nice sturdy box so the @&$%# delivery person couldn't screw it up. I'm glad I spent the extra $3 on having the cover printed directly to the hardcover, it looks great, and there's no dust jacket to lose or crease. And then the quality, this thing looks and feels better than just about every book I've ever read or purchased. The photography is spectacular! As well as the page layouts and the flow of the book. I also like how the cover features the first Fiero, which looks just like my car SO many pages, hardly any text, just filled with nice, colorful pictures of some of the best cars at the show. I'll be displaying the book proudly in my collection, worth every cent!

Can't wait to get my DVD, hopefully it'll show up any day now...

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm wrapping the books in bubble wrap, sealing them in a waterproof tyvek envelope and then putting it all in a bubble wrap envelope. The publisher packages it differently.

Glad you like the book! I did not offer the Image wrap as I was trying to not go over the $50.00 mark and then they decided to offer that option after I already started taking orders. I still wish I could have found a publisher that would have allowed me to offer a lower price so I could have doubled the number of pages or made the book more affordable. It bugs me to see Corvette and Harley books in Barnes in Noble that have 350-400 pages and cost the same or less... but then those books are printed 100,000 at a time and I dont have a company backing me to pay for that size of a run, or the fact that there is not an audience of a few million people that would buy a Fiero 25th book I wish there was!
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was unable to ship any books/dvds this weekend due to a very nasty flu/virus. Some more are being packed tonight and will be mailed tomorrow.

Packing to have the remaining orders packed and in the mail by Friday. DVD's are still available and in stock!

The DVD makes a perfect secret santa gift! and yes we will delay the order and ship to the intended reciever without any info inside the package to identify you.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim.... First, I hope you get better. I happen to have a little cold myself. Maybe this will help....

I just got off the phone with John Callies and is totaly thrilled and impressed with your (group effort) book and DVD! He said that they are both amazing and the quality is first rate. I too share his sentiments. I just though you would like to know. He specifically called me to tell me what a great job you and your group did. I could tell he was really struck because he just kept saying similar complements. His wife loved it too. I know her. Not as much of a car person as the Fiero group, but still both are appealing to EVERYONE!
I also want to mention that the DVD really captured the true feel of the event to me. Yes it was about cars, but more importantly it was about the people. Your group captured what the event was about... sharing stories and a good time with like minded car nuts. Great job.

I can't tell you guys what a great keep sake this is going to be for me and for John as well. I think it is time to get signatures in your book instead of Gary W.s book.

Again, John asked me about a 30th reunion. I know he really wants to be there.

------------------
Paul

For a full history of my IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway bars for ALL MODELS: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

PFF
System Bot
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Everything is going great. This monday we will be caught up on all shipping and will be ready to ship all orders within 2 business days!

It's a lot of work to do this shipping stuff. and the USPS makes it hard to ship to canada.

I'm also hoping to have the 89/90 prototype poster ready for review in 2weeks.

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

timgray

2461 posts
Member since Jul 2006
All paid for orders are now in the mail and on their way!

WE actually have one more book in stock if anyone wants to order it through us directly instead of through the publisher.

Glad to be all caught up on these things.
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
both received & awesome; book is great! i've already got some nice compliments from people over at the house!
video is good too!

thanks!
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

All paid for orders are now in the mail and on their way!

WE actually have one more book in stock if anyone wants to order it through us directly instead of through the publisher.

Glad to be all caught up on these things.

Tim Ill take it for Bob Birchmiere. Rick B

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SuperchargedV6

1966 posts
Member since Jan 2006
I'm having a problem Tim as it is telling me I need to order 1.5 of them. Let me know as I will take it and give you Bobs address as a gift from me. Thanks,,Rick B
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fixed... I forgot to update the thread here... Oops!

The Extra books are all gone. Only way to order them anymore is through the publisher. The link on my web-store goes directly to the publisher.
Jakesdads86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered a DVD from you and a book from the publisher - better late than never, I guess. Thanks for all the effort, it looks very well done.
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those that do not want to order through the web-store. I am also selling them on ebay. search fiero DVD and you will find the listing.
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!

A very limited black friday sale is going to run tonight. check the mall for the details.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock