Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  25th Anniversary DVD and Coffee Table Book information (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
25th Anniversary DVD and Coffee Table Book information by timgray
Started on: 07-08-2008 08:32 AM
Replies: 187 (4565 views)
Last post by: southpaw_mi on 04-09-2009 06:51 PM
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFROSTBITE:

Can we buy at the event ?

Yes.

Can you get what you paid for at the event? no. There will be order forms at the event, I'll also have forms and receipts to give out. I am hoping my Website guy get's the online order form done soon so I can post the link soon.

http://www.doodledoll.com is the site, but the order form is not up yet.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 07-14-2008).]

IP: Logged
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick Poll:

The DVD should it be Widescreen or Standard 4:3 aspect?

I cant do both, it would take months to make that happen and it would reduce the amount of extras on the DVD.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I definately prefer widescreen.
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a dvd.

------------------
Chuck
86 GT
96 New Yorker

c-l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll take both
PrettyPhysicist87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

Quick Poll:

The DVD should it be Widescreen or Standard 4:3 aspect?

I cant do both, it would take months to make that happen and it would reduce the amount of extras on the DVD.

widescreen
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shooting is going great! Started the interviews and already have a ton of photos as well as some Footage of Fieros racing at the Waterford track. I so wished I would have brought my car and ran it on that track, it looked like every driver was having a blast.

Heritage center tour is in a few minutes and I'll be getting detailed shots and video of the prototypes tomorrow morning.

87GT_97114

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT_97114Click Here to visit 87GT_97114's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GT_97114Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for the (widescreen) DVD, I assume ordering detail are to follow the event. WIsh I could be there but I shot my travel budget for the year with a trip to England a few weeks ago.

------------------

'85GT Indy clone 4.9 4T60E
'78 Toyota longbed, parts runner
'89 Bonneville daily driver
'87 30' Kit Classic TT, living in it.

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.doodledoll.com is where you will find links to the web store and other info for buying the DVD and book.

Shooting went well, we ran out of tape and hard drive space sunday morning so I missed several interviews I was really hoping to get.

Honestly though, I have enough video to fill a 4 disc DVD set.... so I'm going to have to edit things down. I will be seperating out the keynote speakers into a separate item on the DVD as well as adding special features of what does not make it into the mail DVD feature.

Tons of AWESOME video and photographs.... I'm going to run overtime editing and sorting this week.... I had a blast meeting al the awesome people and getting to be close up to all the cars. Honestly everything looks 1000 times better in person!

Spoiler, I got to ride in the convertible prototype... Fred though had the fun of driving it (as well as other prototypes!)!!
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sign me up for both please.... make me a widescreen too.

joe

[This message has been edited by Team Race-Tech (edited 07-27-2008).]

sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for the book and a (hopefully widescreen) dvd.

Cheers,
Sabooo
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take both please. -Jason
thecage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thecageSend a Private Message to thecageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I will also take both..............widescreen also.....
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take both! It was great to meet you guys!

~ Jen
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take a DVD please. I prefer Widescreen but will take it however it ends up made. THANK YOU for offering these for those of us who couldn't be there. YOU ROCK!
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Honestly though, I have enough video to fill a 4 disc DVD set"

Really?
How about offering two versions?
The short and sweet version and then a long and drawn out "behind the scenes" and "cutting room floor" version?

I'm in for the DVD!

Kit / Golden Gate Fieros
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about 2 2 disk sets?
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One DVD sold.

Let us know when they are ready!

-Gary
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case you missed it at the show, here is the order form.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

we will have this up in pdf format soon on the MFC website. When we get it up, I'll let everyone know

Mark
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't see it anyplace, but shipping to Canada???

BTW: I am still down for both the DVD and book.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

"Honestly though, I have enough video to fill a 4 disc DVD set"

Really?
How about offering two versions?
The short and sweet version and then a long and drawn out "behind the scenes" and "cutting room floor" version?

I'm in for the DVD!

Kit / Golden Gate Fieros

I'm game for the long version also,, and thank you for doing such a great job on these historical items. Rick B { DGP car }

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rborecky

PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the list for both. ( and if i miss a subsequent post about its ready to order, please please PM me as i tend to miss a lot of posts around here and miss out on a lot of things.. )
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sent my money in for my copies and hope others dont forget to also. Thanks,,Rick B

http://doodledoll.com:80/store/
Bradley Jay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be ordering a book sometime soon, as I wasn't able to make the 25th, and I'd like to read up on what I missed.

Thanks for providing these for the community. I'm greatly appreciative.
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah I gotta get my order in. I have that order form laying around here somewhere.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How long will these be for sale? I want a book for sure and probably will end up getting the dvd too, but I spent all my money (literally, all of my money) going to the event It might be a month or two before I can beg, borrow, or steal $50-75... will I miss my opportunity?
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be sending in my order this weekend.

Thank you Tim!

------------------
Paul

For a full history of my IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway bars for ALL MODELS: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:

How long will these be for sale? I want a book for sure and probably will end up getting the dvd too, but I spent all my money (literally, all of my money) going to the event It might be a month or two before I can beg, borrow, or steal $50-75... will I miss my opportunity?

I will be doing a initial run of 250 DVD's to be manufactured and the books are ordered in batches of 10. (I cant afford to buy them in larger batches) When those are sold I can have another run made if the demand is still there. I simply do not want to be stuck with 100 copies of the DVD or book. If you have to wait a month or two I think you will be fine. They will go fast though as soon as I announce that they are in stock and ready to ship, Many people wait until the product is ready before they purchase.

UPDATES
work on the book has started, I actually spent 4 hours last night deciding on the cover... I wanted to have it look very Fiero-ish so the cars on the cover and back are red. and in fact the front cover is a very artistic photo of the #1 84 SE 2m4 that came of the assembly line. The forward has been written and 1/3rd of the photos have been chosen for the book. I'll try and export an example image of the cover here monday to share.

The DVD will start this weekend. I need to capture and start wading through 12 hours of video.. I have a graphic artist friend lined up to design the DVD cover art. I am very excited to get this part going but it's going to be chock full.

I will give a weekly update right here. Also the online store is the best place to order the book, http://www.doodledoll.com/store

thanks everyone!

P.S: 2 or more DVD's might be an option after I get the first one done. I really need to get that done first.

------------------

Best RV, Camper, and Trailer dealer in West Michigan. http://www.cliffstrailersales.com and he's a fiero owner too!

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 08-01-2008).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a widescreen DVD
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress is still moving forward. I have 1/2 the video shot encoded and ready for editing, a marathon this weekend of me encoding video and getting things organized. The book is also progressing well, photos are starting to be organized so we can easily put showcased cars together in the book as well.

Having lots of fun with this project! I'm trying to determine what images to use for desktop wallpaper to include with the book by changing my computer's background at work every day to a different photo from the 25th..

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tim and I know it will turn out great. I am definitely up for other DVD's and you could release them slowly over a year and people may get hyped up to get the next edition. By the way my car is almost complete on history as the email below was a part I have been looking for in the puzzle of my car. The 25th was a plethora of information from folks who worked on it or were involved.

''''''''Hi Richard,
I remember the day! What kind of information do you need to know?
Hugs & Blessings,
Judy Landers""""""

PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'll take a1 each dvd & book pls, let me know when ready & i'll place my order.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in a DVD. I tried to pre-order, but get this error:

Please update your order. The item: Fiero 25th Anniversary DVD - PREORDER ... Quantity Units errors -
You ordered a total of: 1 Units: 1.5

I am not clear if I have pre-ordered or not.
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2008 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

I am interested in a DVD. I tried to pre-order, but get this error:

Please update your order. The item: Fiero 25th Anniversary DVD - PREORDER ... Quantity Units errors -
You ordered a total of: 1 Units: 1.5

I am not clear if I have pre-ordered or not.

Nope it did not pre-order. The store was being worked on this weekend and was acting wierd as international shipping tables were being added.

US/Canada are the same rate, Elsewhere has a higher rate as I have to add a way higher cost insurance to the order to make sure it get's there.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2008 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim,

I havn't been on the website yet, but is there any way to know if you have received our order? I mailed it about a week ago.

Thank you

(edited because my spelling stinks.)

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 08-10-2008).]

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just looked through.... Yup got your's. I need to email/call everyone this week that pre-ordered. Thanks for the reminder!
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE!!!!

I got the approval cover for the Book. This is the paper dust cover that goes over the hardcover. Just wanted to share for everyone....

The DVD is going well, I am hoping to post a "teaser" next week that will be posted on youtube.
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I was on the fence until I saw the cover of the book. Pre-order incoming.

Cheers,
Sabooo
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you had more than enough to shoot at the event. Julie asked me to do an interview (I was the one from Okinawa) Sunday morning and I was feeling just terrible that day. I did not get out of bed that entire day and ended up leaving Monday morning. I'm sorry I missed the interview...

My order is going in very soon!

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

UPDATE!!!!

I got the approval cover for the Book. This is the paper dust cover that goes over the hardcover. Just wanted to share for everyone....

The DVD is going well, I am hoping to post a "teaser" next week that will be posted on youtube.

MAN that looks good! I might have to order 2 more of each!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock