Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  25th Anniversary DVD and Coffee Table Book information (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
25th Anniversary DVD and Coffee Table Book information by timgray
Started on: 07-08-2008 08:32 AM
Replies: 187 (4568 views)
Last post by: southpaw_mi on 04-09-2009 06:51 PM
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: BOOK IS DONE ,DVD IS DONE, WE ARE NOW SHIPPING!
http://www.doodoedoll.com/store/ to order jump to the end of this thread to read reviews and other current info about the book and the DVD.

Ok guys I have some final details. and I can start taking a list of names wanting to buy the DVD, the Coffee Table book or both.

The DVD will be $25.00 A portion of each DVD 's price will go to the Guys that put on the 25th show to help offset their costs. The DVD's will be professionally printed and in a real DVD box with a full color jacket on them, I'm not making them in my basement, a professional DVD company is making them, these are the real deal.

The Book details have been finalized. I'm not crazy about the price but I am unwilling to front the money for 10,000 copies to get a better price on them, so I have to use a publisher that lets me do very small runs. The book will be a 10X8 hardcover book with a printed dustcover and 80 pages of Fiero goodness of the best cars there as well as some general event photos and more. The book will be around $43.00 plus shipping, I need to figure out what the shipping will be. The book will go 120 pages but the price jumps up to $50.00 per book. At those prices I'm making $1.00 on each book to cover my expenses. I just want to have something else out there about the event.

the books are full glossy pages and will look fantastic, they will look like most car photo books you find at the bookstore that are the 10X8 size.

If you are interested in getting one or the other or both please let me know here or in a PM. I would really like to know how many I need to order when I send everything out a few days after the event. If you are interested in pre-ordering them, please PM me for details.

If I can get more than 100 orders for the books I can give a $5.00 discount on a DVD and book Combo package.

UPDATE: I have decided with the help of the great guys here to up the page count to 120 pages. This will make the book $50.00. I have updated the above info to reflect this.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 12-19-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PrettyPhysicist87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I definitely want a DVD and possibly a book. Am I correct to assume that there is no way to see what the book looks like before ordering?

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
1986 Fiero SE
2004 Alero GL a.k.a. Raccoon Killer!

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PrettyPhysicist87GT:

I definitely want a DVD and possibly a book. Am I correct to assume that there is no way to see what the book looks like before ordering?

Hard to preview a book with lots of photos of the 25th anniversary show, prior to the show. To put together a book of this magnitude with the editing etc will may take a few months. At $40+ per book, someone (pre orders or Tim) will need to front the cost to publish such a book. That is just the way it is.
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in both.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in both.

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had several ask about how the book will look, below is a link to a PDF example of the Motorcycle event I covered last year and turned into a book. That one was smaller and softcover and I made it for the local motorcycle shop that sponsored the event to sell.

http://www.blurb.com/books/72078 is the blurb online version covering a few pages with examples of the quality of photos in the book. That one was a preview I made to show the customer and did not have any proofreading done so please excuse the spelling and grammar mistakes.

The Fiero 25th book will be similar but with a full bleed cover instead of a black design with smaller images. I hope to have more text about specific cars from their owners instead of a generic event book like the example above.

Book timeline is about 8 weeks after the show, my editor/writer will have a lot of free time then and she is willing to do it for free so we can at least get it out there to offer.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 07-08-2008).]

PrettyPhysicist87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

http://www.blurb.com/books/72078 is the blurb online version covering a few pages with examples of the quality of photos in the book.

good enough for me! I just wanted to see an example of the quality of the book. I understand that the book won't be done for a while after the 25th, so I'm glad you had a similar example. Put me down for one of each.

Jess
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Money is tight so put me down for a DVD.

Thank You

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will t ake a DVD. looking forward to see you at the 25th
Ron

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When will payment need to be made? -Jason
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sign me up for one of each.

------------------
Paul

HHP is now selling Adjustable Sway bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
For a full history of my IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

PFF
System Bot
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

When will payment need to be made? -Jason

I'll let everyone know. I like to be able to ship when I get payment. The books I need to get 10 firm orders at a time to get them so those will be a bit different.

I'll start updates when the DVD's go to manufacture as well as when the Books are being printed, at that point I'll start taking orders that way I can mail them out right away after you guys pay for them.

Right now I need to judge interest to see how many the first run needs to be.

I can have the book done as a paperback for around $10.00 cheaper. but it really makes the book feel "flimsy" with a softcover on it. It's worth having it a hardcover.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can have the book done as a paperback for around $10.00 cheaper. but it really makes the book feel "flimsy" with a softcover on it. It's worth having it a hardcover.

I vote hard cover.

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a Hard Cover book.
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in a book for now. I'll have to talk to my entourage and see what they're interested in.

Oh! One's interested in a DVD. So make that at least one complete package
animal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Book for me. When do you need $? Where do wwe send it?
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definately want a DVD, I love watching my 20th DVD. Book maybe.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hardcover book.. Personally, I'd rather pay $50 and get 120 pages then $43 and get 80 pages. $7.00 is what.. 1 1/2 gallons of gas? I would trade 1.5 gallons of gas for 40 full color pages of Fieros. I'd be interested in a book, and possibly DVD...
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WELL that is a good point. I am SURE I can get enough material to fill 120 pages. Should I go to the larger book and higher price or is price more important to people?

If everyone things it's worth it for the 50% more glossy photos I'll start the process to design the books' templateto have another 40 pages.

Is adding $7.00 to the cost for a larger book going to discourage any of you that are interested in the book? I personally wish I could offer it for cheaper but because of the small run I just cant.

NOTE to those asking about how to pay, I'll announce the web-page where you can pre-order. I really do not want to take anyones money until it's sent out to be made that way there will only be a couple of weeks delay before you receive it. work on the DVD will start the monday after the 25th. The book will start production that friday after. DVD should take 1 week to finish editing and then custom graphics to be made for the cover, disc, and insert. DVD menus made and tested then sent out for pressing. Book will take 3 weeks before it will be ready for printing barring any errors and publishing problems.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would pay the extra $7.00 Go for the $50 book!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

I would pay the extra $7.00 Go for the $50 book!

DITTO
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

DITTO

x3

(and I will take both)
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
both. more pages the better.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definately a DVD and possibly a hardcover book. I'll just have to see how the finances are when that time comes. I vote for 120 page book also. I don't think a $7.00 difference will make or break anybody.
PrettyPhysicist87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the extra $7 for 50% more pages is a great deal. I would have NO problem paying that. I think you should go with the 120 page book. I mean, this is a once in a lifetime thing - we should have as much celebrating and recording it as possible!

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
1986 Fiero SE
2004 Alero GL a.k.a. Raccoon Killer!

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. So 120 pages and $50.00 it is for the book. That will allow me to expand the number of pages covering specific cars (like the 90's prototype)

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

timgray

2461 posts
Member since Jul 2006
I was discussing this project with my staff this morning while we were prepping for shooting a local event this next week. A great Idea was put forward and I'm going to include it.

The book will contain a CD in the back that has select Photos from the book sized for Windows/Linux/OSX wallpaper. I am thinking there will be about 30 Fiero Wallpaper images on the CD. It's only going to add about $0.29 to the price of the book so I'll throw it in.

What do you guys think?
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in both the book and the CD.

------------------
Fred Bartemeyer
Chairman Heartland Fieros
http://www.heartlandfieros.com
86 GT 4spd Black 26k miles
87 GT 5spd. Blue 37k miles
88 Silver T-Top Formula 284,000 miles
85 Yellow PPG GTP Pace Car
84 Indy 4spd 193 miles
88 Coupe Auto
87 GT 5 spd Annette's Sunshine Driver
88 GT 5 spd Annette's Daily Driver

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The book will contain a CD in the back that has select Photos from the book sized for Windows/Linux/OSX wallpaper. I am thinking there will be about 30 Fiero Wallpaper images on the CD. It's only going to add about $0.29 to the price of the book so I'll throw it in.
What do you guys think?

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

DITTO, and I'll gladly pay $51.00 for the book with the CD.

PFF
System Bot
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would do it!
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in both - but I am assuming the book's pictures are going to be professionally taken?
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in both!

~ Jen
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

I would be interested in both - but I am assuming the book's pictures are going to be professionally taken?

What is your definition of "professionally taken"? Myself and my photographer are published and are also official photographers for many events.
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

timgray

2461 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

DITTO, and I'll gladly pay $51.00 for the book with the CD.

I can keep it at $50.00... but if you want to pay $51.00 I'l put the extra dollar donated back to the 25'th event.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 07-14-2008).]

86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd say if you're getting paid to do it. You're a "pro".

What is your definition of "professionally taken"? Myself and my photographer are published and are also official photographers for many events.

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks that answered my question. Just was hoping that it was someone that is familiar with the use of a (good quality) camera and not just anyone that just picked up a disposable camera at a Walley Mart to take the pictures.

...no offense meant, I just didn't see it meantioned anyplace and wanted to verify.
FIEROFROSTBITE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFROSTBITESend a Private Message to FIEROFROSTBITEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can we buy at the event ?
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

Thanks that answered my question. Just was hoping that it was someone that is familiar with the use of a (good quality) camera and not just anyone that just picked up a disposable camera at a Walley Mart to take the pictures.

...no offense meant, I just didn't see it meantioned anyplace and wanted to verify.

Nope we only use KODAK disposable cameras not Wallmart brand! no offense taken. Actually I recently bought new cameras, I used to use high end pro Digital SLR's but the recent Consumer DSLR's from Canon take as good of photos with good glass on them as the overpriced Pro models. Having to worry all the time and make the $5000.00 cameras last 5 years is actually a bad thing compared to replacing the Camera body every year or so. the new Canon rebels are actually better than my 3 year old Fuji Pro cameras I paid 3 arms and 4 legs for. Although I have shot photos for a corporation that though that if you did not use a $35,000 Hassleblad then you're not a pro.

Look above a few posts and you will see a link to an example Motorcycle event I covered and a few pages from the book for some examples of photograph quality.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 07-14-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock