25th Anniversary Show by Fiero 25 - Mark
Started on: 01-03-2007 07:19 AM
Replies: 94 (7388 views)
Last post by: Fiero 25 - Mark on 07-21-2008 12:59 AM
Fiero 25 - Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This page will serve as the official page on PFF for announcements and information regarding the 25th Anniversary Show.

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 01-03-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The show is 18 months from today (7/24 - 7/27, 2008). Have you started planning for the show?

------------------

Official 25th Web Page

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep! I estimated my total trip expenses, and divided that by the number of paychecks I get before then. Starting with last Friday's check, I am now saving a little something every two weeks, to ensure a great trip.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm most certainly going to try.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Attention all Fiero Clubs and Vendors. In case you missed it, here is our official announcment from 1/13/07. If your club (or you as a vendor) did not receive this and would like to receive future announcments, please e-mail me and I'll add you to my list.

Thanks!

Mark

http://www.michiganfieroclu...how/25thannounce.pdf

------------------

Official 25th Web Page

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somthing BIG is coming! Stay tuned for more details.

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep your eye on this page!

85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 25 - Mark:

Keep your eye on this page!

OHH Why do you have to do this to us?!?!?
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oops, I entered this with my Wingnut name instead of the Fiero 25 - Mark name. Try again.

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 06-26-2007).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85_Fiero_2M4:
OHH Why do you have to do this to us?!?!?

The "Excitement" builds
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Preparations for the track day at Waterford Hills are underway. We have the date reserved, and are getting the ball rolling. There are a couple things we will need...

1. Instructors - there will likely be a lot of beginners, so we need experienced instructors to show Fiero owners how to push their car to the limits on a racetrack.

2. Sponsors - we would like to line up cash sponsors for the event so that we can reduce the price for participants. It will cost around $3200 to rent the track for the day. Every dollar we get in sponsorship can help reduce what we'd have to charge drivers.

We will have more information as it becomes available.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 06-28-2007).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero 25 - Mark

419 posts
Member since Jan 2007
More info 6.30.07

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For Immediate Release:

The Michigan Fiero Club is pleased to formally announce the 25th Anniversary show for the Pontiac Fiero. It will be held at the Pontiac Marriott at Centerpoint. This is the same hotel that the 20th was held at in 2003.

We have a full itinerary of events planned. Please see the attached registration form for full details. Some of the highlights include an auto cross Race day on Thursday 7.24.08 at the Waterford Hills Race Course, sponsored by the Golden Gate Fieros Club. A highly anticipated Tour of the GM Heritage Center is planned for Friday 7.25.08. The Heritage Center is the private of collection of cars owned by General Motors. This collection is not normally open to the public, but we have arranged a very special visit for this event. The tour will be followed by Go-Carting with the Heartland Fiero Club.

Saturday 7.26.08 is the big event. The 25th Anniversary show (2 years in the making!) followed by the “Fiero Reunion” banquet. This is the event you do not want to miss!

The itinerary of events is of course tentative, however as we firm up events, or add more, we will be sure to have updated copies available. We will have copies of the registration available at Fiero shows for the remainder of the 2007 show season as well as thru June of 08.

We will make official updates at the following thread on PFF: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum7/HTML/000165.html as well as shortly at www.michiganfieroclub.com

Regards,

Mark Duford
Michigan Fiero Club
25th Anniversary Show Co-Chairman

Page 1 of Registration
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Page 2 of Registration (Please click on icon to view)
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

(c) Michigan Fiero Club
A special thanks goes out to F-I-E-R-O for taking the vision in my head and turning it into the logo for the show!

edited 01.04.08 to update registration form.

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 01-04-2008).]

Qcksilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QcksilverClick Here to visit Qcksilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to QcksilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would definitely like to try and make it. Anyone else from the east coast plan on going?
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible to register without the banquet or do you just select Registration number 2 for the 2nd car? And also maybe a breakdown of what constitutes the different levels between classes?

Thanks,

Dan
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan,

Registration #2 is for those participants that are bringing 2 cars, and get a discounted rate on their second car in the show. The registration for 1 car is $65 and includes a banquet ticket. I have called one of the other Chairmen and posed the question and we will get back to you.

The class breakdown is being gone over and will be coming out shortly.

Mark
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SO for example.........

If I bring a car and my wife and I and two daughters (4 and 1) go to the banquet. Will that be $65+$35+??+?? = ???

What is the cut off age for the banquet or should I look for a baby sitter? Blake are you out there?

Paul
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Mark,

Another question (I'm full of them...)

- Can I get a sticker early to display on my car? (may be a good way to promote the show on many cars)
- Will the Fiero prototypes be at the show or doe we need to go to the Heritage Center Tour?
- I am assuming there will be trailer parking right?
- Is the Waterford Hills event an autocross or a track day or one of each?

Thank you for your hard work!

Paul
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:
SO for example.........

If I bring a car and my wife and I and two daughters (4 and 1) go to the banquet. Will that be $65+$35+??+?? = ???

What is the cut off age for the banquet or should I look for a baby sitter? Blake are you out there?

Paul

Paul,

If I read this correctly (1 car = $65 registration, which includes an extra banquet ticket) plus 3 more banquet tickets @ $35 each. Your grand total would be $65 + $35 +$35 + $35 = $170.00.

As far as I know there is not an age limit, but we do not have children's meals, hence the price of the ticket.

Originally posted by R Runner:
Mark,

Another question (I'm full of them...)

- Can I get a sticker early to display on my car? (may be a good way to promote the show on many cars)
- Will the Fiero prototypes be at the show or doe we need to go to the Heritage Center Tour?
- I am assuming there will be trailer parking right?
- Is the Waterford Hills event an autocross or a track day or one of each?

Thank you for your hard work!

Paul

Answers:

- I will check to see about the availability of the stickers. Right now the answer is no, as we do not have them as of today.
- The prototypes will be at the show. The Heritage Center is an additional tour that will feature a portion of GM;'s private collection, of which the Fiero protypes are a part of.
- Yes there will be trailer parking
- I have it listed as an Auto Cross, however I can not answer this as we are not running this event. I will send Fierobear a PM to answer your question as he is running the event.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R Runner,

My bad, it is a track day, not an autocross. I have changed the registration above.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Mark
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark.......

Thank you for the answers. Hope the kids are doing fine. Paul

BTW..... I sent you a PM.

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 07-03-2007).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to address the "Heritage Ceneter Tour." This is General Motors private collection of cars and is off limits to the general public. The Michigan Fiero Club has arranged for a special viewing of the collection on Friday 7/25/2008.

To give you an idea of what is there, please take a look at the following thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-1-054553.html

It is my understanding that the cars are rotated on a regular basis, so the cars pictured in the listed thread may or may not be there during the 25th celebration.

Mark
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to it, for sure!! Thanks Mark!

JC
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
12 MONTHS!

If you have not started your planning now is the time!

The host hotel will begin taking reservations August 1.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2007 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made ya look!

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 07-25-2007).]

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2007 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The class breakdown is being gone over and will be coming out shortly.

Mark

?
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero_Adam,

Please be patient. Our class "guru" has a Fiero show coming up in the next couple of weeks. Once his show is done, he will be putting in time getting them prepared. Everyone will have ample time to go over the classes prior to the show.
Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The host hotel will begin taking reservations August 1.

They better hire some extra temporary help for answering the phones.

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone get through yet? At midnight I get transferred to central Marriott reservatons who can't book that far out. They say I have to call back at 8:00a directly to the hotel.

JC
PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geez, those poor people at the hotel are in for a surprise. I think they're going to be frightened by a bunch of crazy Fiero owners calling to book a room one year in advance.

Not me though. I'm going to wait a while. Still unsure on the trip anyway.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark--I've talked to about four people at the hotel this morning and they WILL NOT take reservations until 50 wks. out, which means Aug. 15 or something. Is there a name we should ask for and can you get some further clarification of this?? Thanks!!

JC
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gldkarma

536 posts
Member since May 2003
Okay, the squeeky wheel finally gets some grease--I guess the Centerpoint Marriott was not ready to take our reservations yet. I talked to Tara who is going to try to load the calendar that far out as soon as she can and hopes to be able to help us the end of next week. See you all at the show!

JC

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gldkarma:

Okay, the squeeky wheel finally gets some grease--I guess the Centerpoint Marriott was not ready to take our reservations yet. I talked to Tara who is going to try to load the calendar that far out as soon as she can and hopes to be able to help us the end of next week. See you all at the show!

JC

I just spoke with Tara at the hotel. There has been a change in the Marriott system since we set the show up. At the time we contracted for the hotel, we were told that they would/could take reservations 1 year in advance. At this point, their system will only allow them to book rooms 50 weeks in advance, like gldkarma stated above. Tara wanted me to pass on the hotels apologies for any inconvenience, as well as I'd like to apologize for the confusion.

At this point, it looks like reservations will not be able to be made until Monday August 13, 2007.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. I had the same experience when I called yeaterday. 50 weeks out. But then he said that he could book me for the 19th of July 2008!?! That is not 50 weeks or is it? I did the math and came up with calling back on the 7th or the 8th. I'll try anyway. can't hurt.

Paul
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$474.00 Jeez. Well better start saving some cash. Did we determine August 15 is the earliest you can make a reservation? Also can we get the stickers early?

Edit : $583.00

[This message has been edited by Mr.PBody (edited 08-03-2007).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

$474.00 Jeez. Well better start saving some cash. Did we determine August 15 is the earliest you can make a reservation? Also can we get the stickers early?

Edit : $583.00

I feel your pain. I think this is going to be a $1000+ trip for me by the time it's over. It's time to start saving because I am NOT missing this show.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$583 + fuel and food so $1000 won't be too far off.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

$583 + fuel and food so $1000 won't be too far off.

Yeah, but you will have to eat those days even if you stay home. So unless you think food on the road is gonna be a lot more expensive than what you normally eat, just add fuel. And buying merchandise. And stuff from Rodney Dickman. And... oh, okay... nevermind.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock