25th Anniversary Show by Fiero 25 - Mark
Started on: 01-03-2007 07:19 AM
Replies: 94 (7423 views)
Last post by: Fiero 25 - Mark on 07-21-2008 12:59 AM
Fiero 25 - Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

I have rooms opened up for Wednesday and Thursday for the 25th. If you had to book at a higher rate or at another hotel, please give the Marriott a call and they will book you at the $109 rate.

Mark
IP: Logged
rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't be bringing my Fiero to the show, can I still do the GM heritage center tour and other events?

Jon
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rockcrawl:

I won't be bringing my Fiero to the show, can I still do the GM heritage center tour and other events?

Jon

YES! Fill out the registration and mail in payment for those events you are interested in attending.

85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent my payment a few weeks ago, I could be wrong but I dont see my check being cashed yet. Have you received my registration form with payment?

Thanks
Andrew Szarek
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

85_FIero_2M4, I sent you a PM.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As we approach the 6 month mark, I wanted to put up a little post that gives a few reasons why you should consider attending the event, for those that are riding the fence.

Reason #1: The first Fiero ever made!

Reason #2: Indy #2

Reason #3: FIEROS EVERYWHERE!

Reason #4: 2 + 2 Fiero ( = 4 )

Reason #(fifty) 5:

Reason #6 (1 of 6) If we're lucky, we might get to see 2 of these cars.

Reason #7 Everyone loves a Formula!

Reason #8 Open air is cool!

Reason #9 PORSCHE KILLER!

I think you get the picture, I could go on and on. I'll close out this post with reason #90

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 02-08-2008).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2008 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
6 month reminder!

------------------

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
FIREBOX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIREBOXSend a Private Message to FIREBOXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As we approach the 6 month mark, I wanted to put up a little post that gives a few reasons why you should consider attending the event, for those that are riding the fence.
Reason #3: FIEROS EVERYWHERE!

Maybe this year we could park all these red and white and blue cars into a US FLAG design? That would be patriotic and a nice picture from the air or a high hotel room. Do the hotel rooms overlook the field where the cars are parked? If so, I'm going to ask for a "ROOM WITH A FIERO VIEW".
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes there are rooms that overlook the show field! See you in July.
PrettyPhysicist87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Heritage Center Tour information file mentions $10 to hold the dinner reservation. This isn't listed on the registration form, but the $15 for the tour itself is. Can it all be paid at once, or must that $10 be separate? How do I designate it on the form?
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is some information I received on the class definitions today.

Hello,
Please see the attached 25th Anniversary Show Class Definitions for you and your members to review. These are the formal classes that will be used. There are a few changes in the class letters and an added class that are not on the registration form, but this is the final say of what the show will be using.
Thank you and we will see you in July!
Mark Duford
25th Anniversary Show Classifications
Welcome to the 25th Anniversary celebration of the Pontiac Fiero. The sole intention of this classification guideline is to group Fieros with similar characteristics together to compete for awards. I have made every attempt to list numerous examples of changes that are allowed in each class. These examples are provided to give a general feel for the type of Fieros that would be placed in that class but may not specifically include every similar types of changes. This is a live document and could change after a fair and thorough review of all of the organizers of the event. Our primary goal is make the event as enjoyable as possible for all participants and have the opportunity to fairly win an award at this celebration show. Please review the following classes and select the class description that you feel your Fiero fits best. Please note that all Fieros will be inspected at the event to ensure that each car’s features fits in to the selected class. A completed window placard will be required to be eligible for judging. Instructions for placard completion will be included in the registration packet received at the time of registration. There will be a designated place at the host hotel where classification verification will take place along with posted times. Please refer to the registration room for times and place. All classification verifications must be completed prior to 10:00 am on show day July 26th to be eligible for awards.

Should any questions, comments, concerns or suggestions arise, please feel free to contact me and I will assist you in a class selection.

Fred Bartemeyer
fbartemeyerjr@covad.net
563-340-5897
RAREW66 on Pennock’s

Judging
Judging will be performed by a completely independent panel of judges that have lots of experience in other automotive brands. As of to date, 18 judges have committed to scoring our event. Teams consisting of three judges, one assistant and one technical advisor will perform each cars scoring. Judging will occur at the car where you are directed to park it prior to the opening of the show. There will be no drive through judging at this event. All judged Fieros must be in place by 10:00 am to allow the judges sufficient time to complete their busy day. Please display the window placard clearly in the left front corner of the windshield for the duration of the show day. A designation sticker will be placed on your window placard after your car has been judged. Owners wishing to display their car with the windows up, please consider placing the window plaquard under the driver’s side wiper blade. Fieros without a clearly visible window plaquard will not be judged. Cars will be judged with emphasis on fit, finish, and cleanliness based on a 100 point scale. There will be a small number of judges’ assistants from the Fiero Community that will assist with technical assistance only and will not participate in any judging decisions.
Displays
Displays are more than welcome at the 25th Anniversary Celebration show. Any material related to the Pontiac Fiero or specifically to your car can and is encouraged to be displayed. Please keep in mind that displays should not interfere with the judges’ access to properly view your Fiero while scoring. Any display material that covers any part of the car may be asked by the judges to be moved by the owner to allow for fair judging. If you have a display that is larger than what will fit in a normal parking space with your car, please contact the show organizers and arrangements will be made to accommodate your needs if possible.

STOCK CLASSES

Stock Classes will display all stock equipment as the car was delivered from the factory to the dealership. Basically the “Stock is Stock” guideline will be maintained. Normal maintenance items such as tires, battery, ignition parts, belts, hoses, filters, exhaust, suspension and brake components that are subject to normal wear will be acceptable changes. Restored and Original cars are eligible for stock class, but Fieros that are factory original with less than 10,000 miles will be suggested to enter Class R FACTORY STOCK SHOWROOM CLASS.

Verifiable GM Authorized Accessories as listed in any of the GM Parts Accessories catalog will be allowed. Examples of GM Authorized Accessories are Security Systems, block heaters, mudflaps, GM lower rocker and door decals, Windshield “PONTIAC” decal, front end bras, mirror bras.

Also allowed in stock classes are any factory supplied equipment or parts added to your stock Fiero. Items considered will include any bolt on stock Fiero parts that were produced at the Fiero Plant for any model or year of the Fiero that may not have been originally installed on your Fiero. Any stock additions must appear as the factory would have produced it in color, function, fit, and finish. Fieros that have such upgraded equipment that do not change the physical appearance of the car will be placed in Stock Classes A through J. Fieros that have upgraded stock parts that change the appearance of the car will be placed in Class K Stock Factory and Dealer Upgrade. Examples of added factory equipment are as follows: Power Locks, Windows, Mirrors, Trunk release, cruise control, factory radio upgrade, center oil/volt gauge pods, factory subwoofer, factory seat changes including driver’s lumbar to leather seats, factory steering wheels and shifter knobs, tilt steering column, Factory wing, Factory luggage rack, factory Fiero wheels, Factory Sunroof, C+C T-Tops, Aero Fascias and ground effects painted low gloss black, silver, or body color, Fastback Rear Clip, 2.5L Four and 2.8L V-6 engine swaps, Automatic to Manual Transmission and vise versa, Factory Air Conditioning, Factory Rear Window Defroster

An exception to stock classes will be made for convertibles that would normally qualify for a stock class with the exception of the addition of the convertible top conversion. Convertibles subject to this exception will be entered in to Class K Stock Factory and Dealer Upgrade.

An exception to stock classes will be made for Fieros that have had 3.4L V-6 replacement remanufactured or crate engines installed provided that the engine bay and engine appear identical to the way the factory originally installed the stock V-6 engine.

CLASS A: STOCK 84 COUPE, SPORT COUPE, SE

CLASS B: STOCK 84 INDY PACE CAR

CLASS C: 85 COUPE, SPORT COUPE, SE

CLASS D: 85 GT

CLASS E: 86 COUPE, SPORT COUPE, SE

CLASS F: 86 GT

CLASS G: 87 COUPE, SPORT COUPE, SE

CLASS H: 87 GT

CLASS I: 88 COUPE, FORMULA

CLASS J: 88 GT

CLASS K: STOCK FACTORY AND DEALER UPGRADE

CUSTOM CLASSES

Custom classes are designated for the basically stock Fiero that has had minor changes made to personalize to the owners taste. A majority of the changes in Custom Classes will generally but not specifically be bolt on items. Each level of the Custom Classes is mainly based on the number of changes made from stock. Specified example changes will automatically qualify a Fiero for a class as indicated in each custom class description.

CLASS L: LEVEL 1 CUSTOM

Level 1 Custom Class is designated for the basically stock Fiero that has had minor upgrades or changes made. Changes must be simple bolt on parts. A Maximum of three changes from stock is allowed. Examples: Aftermarket radio head unit, Pontiac CD EQ radio upgrade, Aftermarket security or remote start systems, Aftermarket add-on glove box, Woodgrain or similar dash bezel appliqués, Console mounted trays and cupholders, Sideview mirrors and engine vents painted body color, Holley or Fiero side scoop, Pegasus hood decal, Pinstripes, Vinyl graphics, and decal appliqués, Window Tint, chrome lug nuts.

An exception will be made in Level 1 Custom Class for Fieros that specifically have only one popular change made from stock that may not be a simple bolt on change. Popular Exception Examples: Aftermarket leather seats, Wing stand extensions, lower quarter side scoops, cold air intake, OEM non-Fiero wheels, Rear window louvers, Aero front air dam extensions.

CLASS M: LEVEL 2 CUSTOM

Level 2 Custom Class will basically involve major bolt on custom components. A Maximum of seven changes from stock is allowed. Level 2 Custom Class Examples: Non-Stock body paint color, Lower rear quarter side intake scoops, Bolt on decklid scoops or vents, Sail panel scoops, Over the roof scoops, Extended wing stands, Non-Fiero or aftermarket wings, Aftermarket Pop-up Sunroofs, Rear window louvers, Front air dam extensions and ground effects, Add on rocker ground effects, Bolt on hood or fender vents, Headlight changes, Taillight changes, OEM Non-Fiero or aftermarket exhaust tips, OEM Non-Fiero or Aftermarket wheels, Minor engine and engine bay appearance upgrades such as colored spark plug wires and distributor cap, colored wire sheathing, paint colors or minor aftermarket cosmetic items like EGR and MAP sensor covers, custom air intake systems, Aftermarket seat upholstery, OEM Non-Fiero seats, Single tube bolt in roll bars, Custom steering wheels, Shifter knobs and short shifters, Aftermarket gauges, A-Pillar and Pod gauges, Stereo Upgrades that include remote amps, subwoofer boxes, and speakers not in stock location.

CLASS N: LEVEL 3 CUSTOM

Level 3 Custom Class will generally include Fieros that have had a large number of minor and/or major changes in addition to the listed examples. Minimum of seven or more changes from stock are allowed. Level 3 Custom Class Examples: Custom Paint including heavy metallic, pearl or color changing additives, Custom paint schemes that are painted on including flames, graphics and murals, Chromed Engine Bays, Custom Dash, Center Console, Carpeting or door panel upholstery upgrades,

MODIFIED CLASSES

Modified Classes are designated for the Fiero that has had changes made that require a more advanced level of skill than simple bolt on parts. Modified Classes will include Fieros that have significant changes made that alter the physical appearance and/or the mechanical function of a stock Fiero. Each level of the Modified Classes is mainly based on the number of changes made to the car. Specified example changes will automatically qualify a Fiero for a class as indicated in each modified class description. Due to the large amount of creativity in the Fiero Community, each modified class description examples are generally brief with enough material to give a feel for the type of Fieros intended for that class.

CLASS O: LEVEL 1 MODIFIED

Level one modified class will basically include cars that have had changes to significantly alter the physical appearance of a stock Fiero. A maximum of 10 changes is allowed. Level one Modified Class Examples: Major body panel modifications and/or changes, widebody conversions, IRM Fastback conversions, Molded in side, hood, decklid scoops and ground effects, Fender lip extensions, Full length ground effects, Non-Stock fascias, Major Interior changes such as Firebird, Corvette, PISA dash and/or door panel conversions, Vertical Lambo style lift door hinges, Any method of lowering the car such as Air suspension, Lowering springs, Coilovers, or drop spindles.

CLASS P: LEVEL 2 MODIFIED

Level two modified class will basically include cars that have had major changes to upgrade the mechanical systems of a stock Fiero with out significantly changing the physical appearance of the car.
A maximum of 10 changes is allowed. Level two Modified Class Examples: Brake changes and modifications such as big brake kits, aftermarket brake systems, Suspension changes and modifications such as tubular control arms, rear bump steer kits, complete poly bushings upgrades, Larger sway bars, 88 cradle in to early car, Turbo and Supercharger, Headers and modified exhaust systems, Custom intake manifolds and air intake systems, NOS systems, tubular cradles, full roll cages, High Performance engine builds and L-4 modifications such as 2.7L 2.9L 3.0L and V-6 modifications such as 2.9L 3.1L 3.4L, Bowtie aluminum V-6 block and heads, 6 speed manual transmission.
CLASS Q: LEVEL 3 MODIFIED

Level three modified class will include cars that have had multiple physical appearance changes and mechanical upgrades and changes as suggested by the examples in Level One and Level Two Modified Class descriptions. A minimum of 10 changes consisting of both appearance and mechanical changes. Also included in Level three modified class will be engine conversions that are generally bolt in and do not involve cutting, fabrication or modifying of the frame and/or cradle. Level 3 Modified Engine Conversion Examples: Quad 4, 3.4 DOHC, 3.8L, 3.8L SC, 3.9L, 3.6 Shortstar, 4.9L V-8 Please note that Fieros that have an engine conversion listed above may be bumped back to Level 2 if less than 5 changes are found.

CLASS R: LEVEL 4 MODIFIED

Level 4 class will include Fieros that have had major re-configuring, modification and fabrication performed on the frame, cradle and body. This class includes car that have had cutting and welding done to the frame and cradle for the purpose of permanently altering the physical appearance and mechanical function of the Fiero. This class will showcase high profile show cars like the Plasma and V-8 Archie’s latest creations. Level 4 Class Examples: Home-made Convertibles, targa top, Chop top, suicide doors, frame extensions. Also included in level 4 class will be engine conversions that require cutting and welding of the frame and/or cradle. Level 4 Class Engine Conversion Examples: Small Block Chevy, LT, LS, Big Block Chevy, Pontiac, Northstar 4.6L, Aurora 4.0L, Longitudinal mounted Engines. Please note that Fieros that have an engine conversion listed above may be bumped back to Level 3 if less than 5 changes are found.

CLASS S: FACTORY STOCK SHOWROOM CLASS

Factory Stock Showroom Class is intended for the Fiero that is essentially brand new and has been preserved as it was when the car exited the assembly line and arrived at the dealer. A maximum of 10,000 miles will be allowed. All cars in factory showroom class will maintain all equipment as specified by the RPO codes listed on the SPI tag. No changes will be allowed. Consideration will be made for correctness of the entire car including original tires, battery, spark plug wires or other maintenance items that are normally replaced on cars that have been used. Window stickers, original shipping plastic on the seats, carpet, steering wheel, and drivers door, paper tags and grease markings that are normally removed at dealer prep are encouraged if available. Technical Advisors from the Fiero Community will assist the judge’s to identify correctness of the car.

CLASS T: DAILY DRIVER NOTCHBACK

Daily Driver Notchback Class is intended for the Fiero that is truly driven year round. A minimum of 150,000 miles is required. There will be no modification guidelines for this class. Cars in this class will be required to have hoods and decklids open for judging utilizing the full 100 point scoring. Fit, finish and cleanliness will be considered in this class. Classification Volunteers will be looking for indications and will asking questions to see if the car is truly driven year round.

CLASS U: DAILY DRIVER FASTBACK

Daily Driver Fastback Class is intended for the Fiero that is truly driven year round. A minimum of 150,000 miles is required. There will be no modification guidelines for this class. Cars in this class will be required to have hoods and decklids open for judging utilizing the full 100 point scoring. Fit, finish and cleanliness will be considered in this class. Classification Volunteers will be looking for indications and will asking questions to see if the car is truly driven year round.

CLASS V: WORK IN PROGRESS

Work in progress class is intended for the Fiero that did not get finished in time for the show or is in a continued state of construction. Fieros that are simply dirty, run down mechanically and cosmetically will not be considered for this class.

CLASS W: KITCAR AND RE-BODY

Kitcar and Re-Body class is intended for the Fiero that has been changed to look like another make and/or model of automobile.

CLASS X: COMPETITION FIEROS

Competition Fieros Class is intended for Fieros that are built for the sole purpose of racing in any form of competition and usually arrive to the track on a trailer. Competition Fieros shall not be street legal and have license plates. Competition Fieros Examples: Drag Cars, Road Race Cars for use in NASA, SCCA, IT, GT, Solo II, Modified classes, rally cars, and circle track racers.

CLASS Y: STREET CLASS

Street Class is designated for the Fiero owner that wants to participate in the event with out worrying about preparing the car for the normal car show presentation and judging. Normal wear and tear will be accepted in this class. Judges will view the car at eye level using a partial 50 point judging sheet. Car in this class will not be required to have the hood and decklid open for judging. Judges will judge for overall exterior and interior appearance only in a quick walk around.

CLASS Z: FACTORY ASSEMBLED AND PROTOTYPE SPECIALTY FIEROS

This class is intended for the specialty Fieros that were built aftermarket factory assembled or are factory prototype vehicles. Owner is to provide documentation that the entry in to this class is of a design of a manufacturing facility not specifically built by GM or Pontiac. Examples of cars for this class: PPG GTP Pace Car, DGP Prototype Wide Body, ASC Prototype Convertible, IRM Promo Show Cars, Mera, Zimmer, Enterra, Red Shift Delta 204T, 1987 Holland Pontiac Convertibles, ect.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know i'm getting a late start...
but what freakin hotel do i need to stay at?
i want to drink beer with all of my friends out in the parking lot.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, we weren't able to work out an affordable deal to bring our cars out from California due to the price of gas, and even though a couple of us registered our cars just in case we could work something out, but I'm so glad to see so many people still enthused and planning on attending! We're really looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing so many nice cars! 8 days and counting......

JC

[This message has been edited by gldkarma (edited 07-15-2008).]

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

I know i'm getting a late start...
but what freakin hotel do i need to stay at?
i want to drink beer with all of my friends out in the parking lot.

Buddy,

The host hotel is the Marriott at Centerpoint. All info (web links) is in my signature below.

Mark

------------------

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

25TH CHATROOM LINK

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors