Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Feeling responsible, guilty or just plain stupid? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Feeling responsible, guilty or just plain stupid? by blackrams
Started on: 04-08-2021 08:43 AM
Replies: 53 (750 views)
Last post by: randye on 04-12-2021 08:55 PM
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2021 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Now, apply that same construct to the population of Mexico, Guatemala, Peru, et al. Do you tell the populations of those countries "That's life?"
Evidently not.
Foreigners have no implied or stated right to enter this country either, but many believe they do.
On one hand you say it is not the govt's job to provide jobs, but by pushing for this and other federal administrations to open borders, that is exactly what you are wanting the US Govt to do; provide jobs , albeit for people in other counties. You don't get to have it both ways.

When there is a surplus of any commodity, including labor, what happens to the consumer cost of those commodities? They stay the same or decrease.
Wages? The wages become stagnant if not decrease.
It's called 'The Job Market' for a reason.

"Labor Supply and Demand
When unemployment is high, the number of people looking for work significantly exceeds the number of jobs available. In other words, the supply of labor is greater than the demand for it.

Let's take wage inflation—the rate of change in wages—as a proxy for inflation in the economy. With so many workers available, there's little need for employers to "bid" for the services of employees by paying them higher wages. In times of high unemployment, wages typically remain stagnant, and wage inflation (or rising wages) is non-existent.2

In times of low unemployment, the demand for labor by employers exceeds the supply. In such a tight labor market, employers typically need to pay higher wages to attract employees, ultimately leading to rising wage inflation.

Over the years, economists have studied the relationship between unemployment and wage inflation, as well as the overall inflation rate."

Of course, all of this is very well studied. What you are missing is that employers don’t care about borders (besides the tax implications). With easier mobility between countries, jobs don’t just stay flat, they will expand area and provide more opportunity. Additionally, if there are few jobs available, people aren’t going to be coming over to America just to sit unemployed. They come here for opportunity. It doesn’t just tank everything in one go.

Essentially, there is no reason for this to directly cause high unemployment.
IP: Logged
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2021 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They come here to steal and escape their own people by running to the society built by what was a majority in all of these states.

They come to steal resources from our schools, police and fire protection and government services, plus medical care that they won't pay for when injured.

They come here to drive drunk then kill and maim actual citizens, flea to another state and do it again.

They come to murder approximately 1000 to 2000 actual citizens per year. They come here to molest children having gotten caught doing that to their own people.

They come to set up new criminal empires.

They come to extract wealth from the nation because their nations are controlled by their own people.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2021 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Directly or indirectly, the result is the same.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, back to the original question:

What the hell did the Biden "administration" think was going to happen??? I mean really............

Rams
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Well, back to the original question:

What the hell did the Biden "administration" think was going to happen??? I mean really............

Rams

I think whoever is pulling the strings on the Biden/Harris administration knew exactly what was going to happen. The stars of the puppet show don't know and don't care.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2021 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Biden Border Coordinator to Resign at End of April
https://www.msn.com/en-us/n...1fvKOc?ocid=msedgntp

Roberta S. Jacobson said she always intended to leave the administration at the end of President Biden’s first 100 days in office, in an interview with the New York Times.

Yeah, I believe that.

The administration continues “to drive toward the architecture that the president has laid out: an immigration system that is humane, orderly and safe,” Jacobson said. “I leave optimistically. The policy direction is so clearly right for our country.” Sure it is

U.S. Customs and Border Protection detained 172,331 migrants crossing illegally from Mexico to the U.S. in March, the highest monthly total in 15 years. Among those, Border Patrol agents detained 18,890 unaccompanied minors, the highest number of migrant children ever detained in a single month on the southern border.

Jacobson was tasked in part with addressing migrant flows from the Northern Triangle countries of Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala, where many of the migrants attempting to reach the U.S. originate. Biden announced last month that Vice President Kamala Harris would lead efforts to deal with economic issues in the Northern Triangle region.

“I briefed and worked in support of the vice president’s leadership on this issue,” Jacobson said. “Nobody could be more delighted to see the vice president take on that role. It didn’t have anything to do with my decision.” No doubt, rats usually do leave a sinking ship;

National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan praised Jacobson’s work following the announcement.

“There was no person better to usher in a more safe, secure and just approach to our southern border,” Sullivan said in a statement. Jacobson will depart “having launched our renewed efforts with the Northern Triangle nations of El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, and having underscored this administration’s commitment to re-energizing the U.S. immigration system.”

At a mid-March press conference, Jacobson attempted to say in Spanish that the southern border was closed to migrants. However, Jacobson mistakenly said “la frontera no está cerrada,” which means “the border is not closed.” Jacobson corrected her statement later in the press conference.

Yep, Biden voters have so much to be joyous about. Those that caused this problem have no idea how to fix it. But, it appears "they" aren't worried about it. We get the government we deserve apparently.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-11-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2021 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31839 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by maryjane:

Now, apply that same construct to the population of Mexico, Guatemala, Peru, et al. Do you tell the populations of those countries "That's life?"
Evidently not.
Foreigners have no implied or stated right to enter this country either, but many believe they do.
On one hand you say it is not the govt's job to provide jobs, but by pushing for this and other federal administrations to open borders, that is exactly what you are wanting the US Govt to do; provide jobs , albeit for people in other counties. You don't get to have it both ways.

When there is a surplus of any commodity, including labor, what happens to the consumer cost of those commodities? They stay the same or decrease.
Wages? The wages become stagnant if not decrease.
It's called 'The Job Market' for a reason.

"Labor Supply and Demand
When unemployment is high, the number of people looking for work significantly exceeds the number of jobs available. In other words, the supply of labor is greater than the demand for it.

Let's take wage inflation—the rate of change in wages—as a proxy for inflation in the economy. With so many workers available, there's little need for employers to "bid" for the services of employees by paying them higher wages. In times of high unemployment, wages typically remain stagnant, and wage inflation (or rising wages) is non-existent.2

In times of low unemployment, the demand for labor by employers exceeds the supply. In such a tight labor market, employers typically need to pay higher wages to attract employees, ultimately leading to rising wage inflation.

Over the years, economists have studied the relationship between unemployment and wage inflation, as well as the overall inflation rate."

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but, I see an irony in what the "Biden" Administration is trying to do.
They have publicly stated support for Unions, higher minimum wages and several other "Social Entitlements" and yet, they do exactly what will hurt these groups, programs/policies, they open the border up so hundred of thousands of "workers" can come across and offer their labor for all kinds of jobs. Seems kind of silly to me.
They have shackled ICE and the Border Patrol and are now sending Illegal Aliens Non-Citizens for our military bases to handle.
Sounds like they have a great plan. I keep asking myself, what the hell did they expect................
Edited: Oh yeah, I forgot, this isn't a crisis, it's just a challenge.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-11-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2021 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is my opinion that the union leadership is as corrupt as the Democratic Party. They care about their members (i.e. dues payers) in the same way that the Dems care about the American taxpayers.

They all answer to people who would benefit from the destabilization of the greatest nation the world has ever known. Families like the Bidens and Hoffas know on which side their bread is buttered.

Some people throw around names like Soros and the Chinese, but I think it is more complicated and less obvious than that.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-11-2021).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2021 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This fellow is a member here on PFF.

His analysis of the US southern border issue is SPOT ON.

Securing the US southern border is a HUMANITARIAN ACT on our part........FOR MEXICO AND SOUTH AMERICA

NSFW LANGUAGE ALERT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOOBlcOIcLs&t=62s

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-11-2021).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2021 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

This fellow is a member here on PFF.

Rageaholic is a PFF member? I've enjoyed a few of his Metal Music reviews.
But yeah profanity laden for sure.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-12-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2021 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the impression that someone else was posting his videos using his name.
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2021 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I'm not in favor of open borders. I am in favor of legal immigration to become a citizen of the US.

Rams

I actually agree with this; I kind of like what Australia does as far as immigration- "What's in it for us?" (The U....S)

One of the best things this country could do to help the situation is to stop backing petty dictators just because "Hey, they're OUR dictator!"

Also, I would really like the law changed about how you just have to jump across the border and your fresh-born baby is a US Citizen....If you are here ILLEGALLY, then your kid doesn't get US Citizenship automatically. That alone would stop 50-70% of illegal immigration.

The Dumbocrats definitely look at illegal immigrants as their (Automatic) voters......But the Repcons are supported by big biz (Including corp' farms) and those people want cheap labor......

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2021 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

I actually agree with this; I kind of like what Australia does as far as immigration- "What's in it for us?" (The U....S)

One of the best things this country could do to help the situation is to stop backing petty dictators just because "Hey, they're OUR dictator!"

Also, I would really like the law changed about how you just have to jump across the border and your fresh-born baby is a US Citizen....If you are here ILLEGALLY, then your kid doesn't get US Citizenship automatically. That alone would stop 50-70% of illegal immigration.

The Dumbocrats definitely look at illegal immigrants as their (Automatic) voters......But the Repcons are supported by big biz (Including corp' farms) and those people want cheap labor......

I agree that birth on US soil citizenship needs to be looked at. I also agree that Dems look at illegal alien non-citizen immigration as locked in votes but, I strongly disagree that only Republican big business is guilty, there are a bunch of big businesses owned and operated by Dems.

I sincerely believe that there's a smaller percentage of Dems in support of open borders than the Dem leadership would have us believe. I see Dem voters shaking their heads at the current crisis challenge at our southern border. They simply don't know what to do since it's their guy that caused this problem.

Rams
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2021 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Rageaholic is a PFF member? I've enjoyed a few of his Metal Music reviews.
But yeah profanity laden for sure.

Originally posted by williegoat:

I got the impression that someone else was posting his videos using his name.

I believe it's him.

He goes by the name "razorfist" as well as "rageaholic".

The content of his rants sound like he has more than a little formal education in political science, history and Cicero.

He showed up here on PFF in 2017, made 19 posts and has disappeared since.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/123734.html

I got the impression that he was simply trying to gin up traffic for his Youtube channel, but who knows....

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-12-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock