Started on: 03-28-2021 09:28 AM
Replies: 84 (1340 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 05-03-2021 01:24 PM
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2021 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Friday morning someone in this house got the 2nd Covid shot. I noticed she was very restless/unsettled Friday night. She didnt really sleep all night either because she got up several times to do something in the bathroom. By Sat morning she was so sick she could do nothing but groan and whimper. This is a person very tolerant of pain.
She said it wasn't the shot, just a migraine but couldn't take anything but aspirin due to just having the shot, so all she could was suffer.
It was the shot. I've known her for decades and migraine attacks only last a couple hours without medication. Less with it.

All day Saturday she laid in anguish in bed. Three times she got up. Once to heave what water she tried to drink with aspirin. Then later she got up to get a Tylenol. That was heaved as well. The test of the day was super sickness. By evening she asked for 1/4 cup of Gatorade of which she drank half. I left her a bottle of water. She could barely move.

Sunday morning she finally was able to get up.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am happy to be the last in line (on the planet) to participate in this experiment.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sucks man... hope she feels better soon.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2021 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She does now. She's up and gone.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reactions are different for many folks. I got mine last August/September and was convinced I got the placebo due to a lack of any symptoms. Most folks don't get very sick but, some do. What my Vaccine Doc told me was that the reaction to the vaccine is an indicator of what the real virus would do but, not nearly as severe. So, if the vaccine made her that sick, just imagine what the virus would have done.
I see my vaccine doc about once a month where they draw about 8 gallons of my blood (at least it seems like that much) for their research study. She told me last time that I have a less than 5% chance of catching the virus. I took a friend who was feeling ill to see his doc, he tested positive for COVID. I asked that doc what my chances were of catching it from my friend. He also said less than 5% and if I did get it, the symptoms would be nominal.

Edited: It appears, I'm told that type O blood types (both + and -) deal with the virus much better than types A and B but, that is still being studied. I happen to be O+ and that might be why I didn't have much of a reaction.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-28-2021).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My son in law had a severe migraine after the 2nd shot, along with body aches and fatigue. Lasted a day. He had the virus at Christmas time. There has been some reporting of people who previously had the virus and got the shot had migraines when they had never had them before. He is a paramedic and was exposed and contracted it. At least one of the two ambulance services he works for requires their ambulance crews to take the shot.

I had a mild sinus headache and was tired on the day after my 2nd shot, but that was all.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had both shots. "YAWN". As did my wife and she also "yawned". She even already, before the shots, was diagnosed positive for covid. She said it was almost a yawn, more like a three day flu.

Sad about "she's" experience.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

She does now. She's up and gone.

And your point? Damn man. She is up and gone and protected! My youngest daughter had no symptoms after her 2nd shot. My oldest had a headache and took two Tylenol and went to bed early. She was fine the next day. I would gladly suffer a headache to avoid this lockdown mess. I’m stuck in a damn quarantine hotel in Guangzhou right now after flying to Phnom Penh. After landing I got the swab up the nose PCR test and now I wait to see if I can fly again. Hell give me that vaccine so I can get back to normal without worrying if I am infected or if I could infect someone else.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2021 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But they've already spread that there will be no normal again.
I felt good all weekend. I drank coffee, ate, didn't throw up, but I did fret about my thinning hair.

Watching her wasnt motivational to taking that RNA treatment.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2021 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But they've already spread that there will be no normal again.
I felt good all weekend. I drank coffee, ate, didn't throw up, but I did fret about my thinning hair.

Watching her wasnt motivational to taking that RNA treatment.

Rogan, no offents.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2021 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

And your point? Damn man. She is up and gone and protected! My youngest daughter had no symptoms after her 2nd shot. My oldest had a headache and took two Tylenol and went to bed early. She was fine the next day. I would gladly suffer a headache to avoid this lockdown mess. I’m stuck in a damn quarantine hotel in Guangzhou right now after flying to Phnom Penh. After landing I got the swab up the nose PCR test and now I wait to see if I can fly again. Hell give me that vaccine so I can get back to normal without worrying if I am infected or if I could infect someone else.

You can infect other people even when after you are vaccinated, they have said this.

Did they figure out how long folks with the vaccine are protected yet? Or if it helps against the variants? Last I read they werent sure of details.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2021 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm working from memory and not checking online, but I believe there are assertive and confidently worded reports from the "usual sources" (recognized vaccine experts and epidemiologists) that the Pfizer vaccine is proving very effective in protecting vaccinated persons, not only from becoming symptomatically ill from Covid, but also from asymptomatic infection, where a vaccinated person becomes infected with Covid but not ill from Covid and so could unknowingly transmit Covid to other people.

I also see where they are saying that the Pfizer vaccine provides protection for the vaccinated person for at least 6 months after their second dose of the vaccine.

I wouldn't say anything more just on the basis of my memory. I'd have to review what's online.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

You can infect other people even when after you are vaccinated, they have said this.

Did they figure out how long folks with the vaccine are protected yet? Or if it helps against the variants? Last I read they werent sure of details.

Yes, but as I wrote I will not worry about it. I will have done my part, now leave me alone. (figuratively, not you personally)

I now know 3 people personally who have received the vaccine without complications.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2021 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're talking as though you'll 'need' the shot every year. Sounds legitimate to me, not!

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 04-02-2021).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last I read they weren't sure of details.

The vibe I have been getting all long is that they never have been sure of details.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nor were they sure of 'the details' right before the vaccinations took place that all but eradicated polio from the US.. just as no one was 100% 'sure' of any vaccination that the world has been using for many decades.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2021 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one.
hundred.
years.
ago.

People don't believe science be like it be. But it do.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 04-03-2021).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2021 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The second shot seems to be the worst (manufacture specific???). https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2536261010012234
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2021 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will know on Tues-Wed. (get my 2nd one Tues afternoon)
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Nor were they sure of 'the details' right before the vaccinations took place that all but eradicated polio from the US.. just as no one was 100% 'sure' of any vaccination that the world has been using for many decades.

Agreed.
No one ever said this vaccine was a one and done deal.
No one ever said that everyone would have the same reaction,
No one ever said that there would not be variants.
No one knows what the effects of this virus or the vaccination may have 50 years down the road.
No one ever said that rose gardens would be thorn free (to my knowledge).
No one ever said that following CDC guidelines was 100% effective in stopping the spread of this virus but, it damn sure slows it down.

There's a lot of unknown out there and lots of conspiracy theories. Believe what you will and so will I. I got the vaccine and I'm glad I did.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-05-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2021 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lie by omission is still a lie.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

True. And they've said it often. It infects cells in the mouth first, and is transported to the lungs and other parts of the upper respiratory tract by saliva droplets during swallowing and normal breathing.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

The vibe I have been getting all long is that they never have been sure of details.

For sure.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A lie by omission is still a lie.

Really? I've never stated that the KC Chiefs would win the World Series.............

Did I lie?
Way too many unknowns to be making unproven blanket statements about what will or will not be applicable is my only point.

Rams

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Really? I've never stated that the KC Chiefs would win the World Series.............

Did I lie?
Way too many unknowns to be making unproven blanket statements about what will or will not be applicable is my only point.

Rams

Let's hope not since the NFL Chiefs play football and not baseball.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rams

Agreed, any way you look at it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://abc11.com/covid-chi...us-vaccine/10486843/
https://www.cbsnews.com/new...an-cases-spike-kids/

Personally I think kids spread alot of it before too. They were saying that kids didnt show symptoms as much, doesnt mean they couldnt carry it around. I remember earlier on folks acting like it didnt really matter what kids did since it seemed like they didnt catch it.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's hope not since the NFL Chiefs play football and not baseball.

This I knew but by omitting that fact, did I lie?

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This I knew but by omitting that fact, did I lie?

Rams

Did you?

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you?

Surely, you jest. There are many things in life I might about but, this is not one of them.

Rams

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

True that, but ...

Originally said by Dr Farce-e
You do not need to wear a mask.

You need to wear a mask.

Two masks are needed

You need two masks.

Originally said by the CDC
Six foot of isolation.

Three foot is good enough.

Originally said by the politicians
Lock down for two weeks, to bend the curve.

Originally said by the politicians
Lock down till we say so.

We need to take the vaccine

You still need to wear a mask

We are not sure if the vaccine keeps you from spreading the disease.

The young are not as affected from Kung Flu and can not spread it

We need to keep schools closed

Damn Don, they can't even tell you what kind of a mask is an approved mask. Where is the damn common sense ? Me, having worked around poison gasses, know to stand or run upwind of a threat. They messaged the whole panic-demic threat as "protect everybody else". Ok, that's fair but everyone knows that many many people do not give a zhit bout anyone but themselves.

Then there is the discussion of if a mask protects ones self, or just others. No "official" opinion on that.

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2021 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sheep can sheep if they want. The sheep who obviously are ignoring the science that Farce-e is a fraud just need to go to the light.

I don't wear a mask for my protection nor anyone else's. I wear it to move about. If you need me to wear a mask for your protection, you should not leave your home, sheep.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2021 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just watched a doctor from the CDC say once you are vaccinated you cannot infect other people.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2021 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just watched a doctor from the CDC say once you are vaccinated you cannot infect other people.

My COVID Doc told me less than a 5% chance of catching and/or being a carrier/transmitter. That number has also been stated by my family doc and my heart doc. Either they are all lying or, they believe it's true.

Regardless, I have now had my second COVID-19 positive house guest within the last two months. Yes, those guests were sick and I couldn't ask them to leave. That wouldn't have been right. We did the best we could to follow CDC guidelines and all survived. Those docs must be on to something.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-14-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2021 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the Johnson and Johnson shot is on hold.

"On April 13, 2021, CDC and FDA recommended a pause in the use of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine. Of the nearly 7 million doses administered so far in the United States, a small number of cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot have been reported in people after receiving the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine. All reports occurred among women between the ages of 18 and 48, and symptoms occurred six to 13 days after vaccination.

If you got this vaccine within the last three weeks, your risk of developing a blood clot is also very low. However, you should be on the lookout for possible symptoms of a blood clot:
Severe headache
Blurred vision
Fainting
Seizures
Pain in your abdomen (chest or stomach)
Leg pain or swelling
Shortness of breath"

-cdc.gov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2021 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

I guess business as usual, information and misinformation mixed in a fun pot, with a side of politics, we get to choose what we want to believe.

Id love to ask the doctor you saw how it works, and how it woked a short while ago. I mean,you can have it in your mouth, breathe it out...you can have it on your hands, spread it around. If that can't spread it I'm not sure how it works.

Plus the other variants.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-15-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2021 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My COVID Doc told me less than a 5% chance of catching and/or being a carrier/transmitter. That number has also been stated by my family doc and my heart doc. Either they are all lying or, they believe it's true.

Regardless, I have now had my second COVID-19 positive house guest within the last two months. Yes, those guests were sick and I couldn't ask them to leave. That wouldn't have been right. We did the best we could to follow CDC guidelines and all survived. Those docs must be on to something.

Rams

That sounds about right, relative to the # of Americans with antibodies and the current infection rates.
It is based however, on a number of 'ifs'.
If the current level of reasonable distancing, mask wearing, and vaccination rates remains the same or increases.
If, one lives in a rural vs metropolitan setting. (NYC for instance, back in Dec 202, had a 20.3% positive antibody test rate, while people in rural regions had a much smaller poitive test rate).
If, a variant doesn't emerge that the public has zero protection against.

With the exception of whoever was patient zero, everyone that gets it, gets it from some one else, either from direct person-to-person contact or person-to-surface-to person transmission.

We are still a good ways from 'herd immunity' and we may not even reach it, depending on how many opt out of vaccinations and depending on variants that might emerge that vaccine doesn't work on at all.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess business as usual, information and misinformation mixed in a fun pot, with a side of politics, we get to choose what we want to believe.

Id love to ask the doctor you saw how it works, and how it woked a short while ago. I mean,you can have it in your mouth, breathe it out...you can have it on your hands, spread it around. If that can't spread it I'm not sure how it works.

Plus the other variants.

Having it ON you versus being an active spreader is two different animals. People wearing the hazmat suit could have it ON them and transmit it to another surface where you pick it up. That’s why the whole mask debate matters. If you have the virus suspended on the outside of your mask and then proceed to remove the mask incorrectly, you can very easily get the virus on your hands and then into your system with a simple eye rub. That’s why nurses and doctors are taught how to remove and dispose of their mask properly.

The odds of a vaccinated person spreading the virus via contact is no higher than a non-vaccinated person. It’s all about viral load if you are unlucky enough to be exposed and susceptible.

And the current vaccine has proven to be effective against the variants.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With the exception of whoever was patient zero, everyone that gets it, gets it from some one else, either from direct person-to-person contact or person-to-surface-to person transmission.

Are you sure of the details ?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday there is no significant risk of catching the coronavirus from a surface or object.

Speaking of being unsure wrong, or lying, the World Health Organization said Kung Flu is not capable of being transmitted person to person..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock