Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  An American 2nd Amendment thread (Page 6)

Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: Politics & Religion.
An American 2nd Amendment thread by 2.5
Started on: 09-28-2020 04:22 PM
Replies: 227 (4229 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 03-25-2022 01:56 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2021 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"Mexico's [lawsuit] Against U.S. Gun Companies May Seek More Than A Court Win"
James Fredrick for NPR; August 7, 2021.
https://www.npr.org/2021/08...n-companies-analysis

Bringing the full power of the Internet to "you."

It's what I do.

We can look at that after we sue every church, police department and government official in Mexico that enabled the drug cartels. We can start in Culiacán.

IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2021 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By hook or by crook, apparently Biden will smite against the 2nd amendment...

...Bans more stuff with executive order...

Alot of ammo sold in the US is made in Russia.

Views on the impact of this vary. But right now it looks like 7.62x39 (among others) is jumping in price and dropping in availability.

The leftists are desperately lashing out? Sounds about right.

I'm not sure about shipping it thru a third party country working, theyd also have to manufacture it outside of Russia?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-09-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2021 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
It's not just AK ammo

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2021 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to suck about as long as Biden has time remaining in office. And the price may never return, much like .22LR.

Manufacturers will fulfill demand, just not tomorrow.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While they distract you with Afghanistan...

They just don't quit trying to ban and tax, unconstitutionally. Not to mention create a registry.

If its too long try the last half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhXR645kBA

Any government did not create and cannot control your right to defend yourself and the ones you love.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-31-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2021 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those that don't care for videos, here is some text.

These 200 Businesses & CEOs Want to Disarm America: Learn Who They Are, Shop Accordingly
https://www.gunsamerica.com...re-shop-accordingly/

I've copied a short list of a few you may have heard of here:

A&M Records
AMC Theatres
AOL / Time Warner
AT&T
Bank of America
Burger King
Chipotle
Delta Airlines
DICK’S Sporting Goods
Disney Company
DoorDash
Enterprise
Eventbrite
GEICO
Gucci
Levi Strauss & Co.
Lucent Technologies
Lyft
MetLife
Microsoft
MSNBC
MTV
NBC Universal
Panera Bread
Progressive Insurance
Sara Lee
Sonic
Symantec
Uber
Yelp

"The assault on gun rights is coming at us from all angles. To be frank, there’s never been a time in history where there were more forces working in a coordinated manner to destroy one’s right to keep and bear arms. "

BHall71

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2021 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BHall71Send a Private Message to BHall71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
20/20 Vision : I go to a private real optometrist not a doc in a box.
A&M Records : I don't buy records anymore
AlleyCorp : New York based middle-man investment company that claims to "find" new companies. I should never have anything to do with an outfit like this.
Alphabet, Inc. : Another middle-man investment company. I should never have anything to do with an outfit like this.
Amalgamated Bank : New York based bank outfit that has their peter in on every major issue that is wrong with America today. Wouldn't bank there if my life savings depended on it.
Ambition : Business management middle-man company that helps businesses be businesses. I should never have anything to do with an outfit like this.
AMC Theatres. : Who goes to the theatre anymore anyway?
AOL / Time Warner : AOL died in the 2000's.
Ariel Investments LLC: Stock market middle-man company. I should never have anything to do with an outfit like this.
Artsy : Not really into purchasing art. If I do, I purchase locally from someone that I have connections to.
Ascend.io : Data engineering company that is most likely why you think your technology is spying on you.
Aspiration : Financial middle-man company that tells you what to do with your money. I should never have anything to do with an outfit like this.
AT&T : I use T-Mobile, they probably suck too. Buy you have to use somethin.
Aura : Digital security company that probably has software that acts just like a virus to keep you "safe"
AutoZone : Used to do business there, but will start mainly going to O'reilly's
Backpack : Don't know what "company" this is. Try googling "Backpack" and see what ya get.
Bad Robot : Started off making good shows for GayBC but have since gone to crap. Even messed up the Star Wars movies.
Bain Capital : Middle-man Investment company. I should never have anything to do with an outfit like this.
Bank of America: Do have a CC from them but will try my best to get rid of it and find something else.
Beeswax: None of yours, JK. Pyramid scheme company that has a hippie-skippy bearded millennial on their home page.

I'm tired of typing. I'll try to finish later. But here is the rest of the list.

Begin
Betaworks
Beyond Meat
Bloomberg LP
Bonusly
Brat
Brookfield Property
Brud
Bumble
Burger King
Cambly
Catch & Release
Cerebras Systems
Chipotle
Circle Medical
ClassPass
Clearbit
Clever
Clockwise
CNN
Color Genomics
Comcast
Conde Nast
Costco
Credit Karma
Crunchbase
Curalate
Curtsy
Dannon
Delta Airlines
DICK’S Sporting Goods
Disney Company
DoorDash
Doxel, Inc.
Ebay
Ecolab
Edelman
Elektra Labs
Emerson Collective
Enterprise
Eventbrite
Farmstead
Full Picture
Fundera
Gap Inc.
Gateway Computers
GE
GEICO
Goat Group
Golden
Graphic Packaging
Group Nine Media
Gucci
Guru
Hallmark Cards
Hard Rock Cafe
Havas Group
HBO
Hint, Inc.
HipDot
Hooked
Horizon Media
Humbition
Impossible Foods
Interpublic
Intuit
JOOR
Jumbo Privacy
Kabbage Inc.
Kadena
Kanga
Knowable
Lattice
Levi Strauss & Co.
Lucent Technologies
Lyft
MetaProp.vc
MetLife
Microsoft
Modern Fertility
MongoDB Inc.
MSNBC
MTV
Navient
NBC Universal
NCR Corp.
Neighborland
NewsCred
Nextdoor
NowThis
Nurx
Oaktree Capital
Oberndorf Enterprises
Oceans
OfferUp
Okta
Omnicom Group
Openpath
Panera Bread
Parabol
Paravision
Paypal
Pinterest
Plato Design
Postmates
Presto
Prima
Progressive Insurance
Prologis
Publicis Groupe
Quartzy
Reddit
Ribbon Health
Ro
Roofstock
Royal Caribbean Cruises
RXR Realty
Sara Lee
SelfMade
Shoptiques Inc.
Showtime Cable Network
Shutterstock Inc.
Sidewalk Labs
Sift
Skillshare
SkySafe
Small Door
SmartAsset
Snapdocs, Inc.
Solve.io
Sonic
Southwestern Bell
Splash
Square and Twitter
Squarespace
Standard Bots
Subway
Sundia Corporation
Sunlight Health
Superplastic
SurveyMonkey
SV Angel
Symantec
ThirdLove
Thisopenspace inc.
Thrive Capital
Thrive Global
ThunderCore Inc.
Tillable
Tinder
TOMS
Twilio
Uber
Uniform Teeth
Viosera Therapeutics
Virtual Kitchen
Voxer
Voyage
Watsi
WayUp
Whalar
Wizeline
WPP
X.ai, inc.
Y Combinator
Yelp
Yum Brands
Zola

[This message has been edited by BHall71 (edited 09-04-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2021 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The reckless ATF orders company to stop manufacturing a trigger, manufacturer says no.

If its too long try form 9:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbSsWLqHnag

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-08-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2021 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty clear the ATF has no idea what they are doing.
Or maybe like other things going on, they do, and it leads somewhere.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2021 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't call this a "win" per say, but at least preventing another loss for America.
You take what you can get and celebrate the small things.
I'm glad ot see there is still some sense in some of our leadership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e73_ycokJbA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2021 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of voting with your wallet.

Ever heard of these:
Benchmade knife company?
Black Rifle Coffee?
Recoil magazine?

They don't support your rights.

This one is only about Benchmade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2021 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess what the future of discrimination against our 2nd Amendment rights are?

Here is the current status:

"PayPal's firearms policy:
PayPal does not allow the use of its service or logo for selling firearms, certain firearm parts or ammunition.
Using PayPal for payments associated with items that are prohibited by their Acceptable Use Policy may result in the suspension or closure of your PayPal account.

Venmo's firearms policy:
Venmo does not allow the use of its service or logo for selling firearms, certain firearm parts or ammunition.
Using Venmo for payments associated with items that are prohibited by their Acceptable Use Policy may result in the suspension or closure of your Venmo account.

Zelle's firearms policy:
Zelle does not allow the use of its service or logo for selling firearms, certain firearm parts or ammunition.
Using Zelle for payments associated with items that are prohibited by their Acceptable Use Policy may result in the suspension or closure of your Zelle account."

At the same time, how many of you think the future of money is cashless / online?
How long will the dollar preside?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-29-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2021 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Guess what the future of discrimination against our 2nd Amendment rights are?

Here is the current status:

"PayPal's firearms policy:
PayPal does not allow the use of its service or logo for selling firearms, certain firearm parts or ammunition.
Using PayPal for payments associated with items that are prohibited by their Acceptable Use Policy may result in the suspension or closure of your PayPal account.

Venmo's firearms policy:
Venmo does not allow the use of its service or logo for selling firearms, certain firearm parts or ammunition.
Using Venmo for payments associated with items that are prohibited by their Acceptable Use Policy may result in the suspension or closure of your Venmo account.

Zelle's firearms policy:
Zelle does not allow the use of its service or logo for selling firearms, certain firearm parts or ammunition.
Using Zelle for payments associated with items that are prohibited by their Acceptable Use Policy may result in the suspension or closure of your Zelle account."

At the same time, how many of you think the future of money is cashless / online?
How long will the dollar preside?

One company's stupid virtue signaling decision is invariably another company's free market opportunity.

Additionally, the majority of commercial banks and independent credit unions have only one moral imperative: Profit is good. Loss is evil.

There are a multitude of options available other than the 3rd party payment services for secure online payments.

They may not be as convenient for you but they are there.

It is interesting that PayPal, not being a chartered bank, uses both Bancorp Bank and Synchrony Bank, both of which ARE United States chartered banks and to date I have not heard that either of those banks have any problems with where their other customers spend their money or receive it.

Here is a an enterprising new company responding to the current climate: https://www.guntab.com/

I haven't looked at all of the details about them yet but I noted that they charge the same 2.9% transaction fee to sellers that PayPal does.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-29-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2021 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

There are a multitude of options available other than the 3rd party payment services for secure online payments.

For sure. Thankfully we still live in a free market society. But this is a disturbing and seemingly growing trend that I don't care for. Its not just government regulations that seem to be reaching to limit the 2nd amendment.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2021 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do ya know? Applying common sense, and also the rules of the country.
Who knew? Its almost like that is how it is meant to work.

I would amend his last statement to say it is not just one "party"

Also there is a risk there of them making up "illegal" charges to begin with. Corruption never sleeps.

One of the vids comments said someting else of interest:
"It’s amazing how they say an arm brace “makes a gun more dangerous” , but if you pay a $200 tax, it’s perfectly fine."

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2021 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happened in July but... YES!
The ATF shown as incompetent and conniving, again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhGCwf6NszM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2021 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So the argument is, if things can get dangerous and there are lots of people, thats where you shouldn't be allowed to be able protect yourself...

In many states it is not legal to carry and drink. New York doesnt happen to be one of those states, LOL! You'd think for folks that believe criminals will follow laws, they would understand this.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-09-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2021 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One guy tells government leaders what they should surely already know.

(Its not long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-4lBMGxWN0

How many people actually do not know this?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-07-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It isn't just about the guns. Infringement is a precedent none of us actually want set.
A couple ins and outs of laws:

I enjoy listening to gun chat. Many times they hit on great points that I hope that people understand.

Do you live in a free state?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-19-2022).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Make sure you guys are spending time at the range for training.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2022 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

Make sure you guys are spending time at the range for training.

For sure, a tool is only as good as the one using it and don't forget how important mindset is too.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2022 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*sigh confession time.

I never shoot.
I don't really enjoy shooting.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2022 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

*sigh confession time.

I never shoot.
I don't really enjoy shooting.

Maybe just not the right gun, right setting, or right people with / not with you at the time.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2022 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
Here is an example of how nuts things can quickly get.

“Requiring every gun owner in my city to carry liability insurance will better compensate unintentional shooting victims and their families for medical and related expenses,” Liccardo reasons in his Op-ed. “Imposing a modest annual fee on gun owners can support underfunded domestic violence and suicide prevention programs, gun-safety classes, mental health services and addiction intervention.”

San Jose, Calif., Mayor Sam Liccardo is reminding Californians the San Jose City Council is scheduled to vote Jan. 25 on two proposals he offered last summer that are sure to raise hackles, mandatory liability insurance and “the payment of annual fees to fund violence-reduction initiatives.”
It is not clear how much the fee will be, but Liccardo appears to be setting up the city for an expensive future in court, and not just in state courts, but in the federal court, since his plan may constitute placing a tax on the exercise of a constitutionally-protected fundamental right.

At least the mayor also admits, “These new laws won’t end all gun violence.”

This has become the standard operating caveat of any recent gun control crusade: “It won’t solve all of the problems.” Gun rights activists contend it won’t solve any of the problems.

“Failure to comply with the ordinance would constitute a civil violation rather than a criminal offense.” However, police officers could confiscate firearms from people who cannot provide proof of insurance, and they could be fined. Furthermore, according to the newspaper, “Refusal to hand over firearms upon a request from police could result in a misdemeanor charge.”

https://www.ammoland.com/20...ance-annual-gun-fee/

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-21-2022).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2022 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An ATF out of control, man arrested on federal charges of "conspiracy" for doing things that were not illegal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As6-np75DSg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2022 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you weren't aware, certain Banks are descriminating against 2nd amendment freedoms in the USA.

"Woke Bankers
When everyone started being “woke” that was all the excuse some executives needed to cut their firms’ ties with the firearms industry. They were “virtue signaling.”

After several major banks and investment groups began shunning the firearms industry by denying gun-related businesses access to banking services, the National Shooting Sports Foundation has been quietly working with primarily Republican-led, but pro-Second Amendment states to attach a penalty to the practice.

Texas has already passed anti-discrimination legislation. It prevents Bank of America Corp., Goldman Sachs Group and JP Morgan Chase & Co. from participation in the public-finance markets there.

GOP lawmakers in Arizona, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, South Dakota, and West Virginia have legislation pending that would restrict those same bankers from participating in the very lucrative public-finance business in their states.

As you imagine, the bankers are squawking- loudly- about being “discriminated against.”

But their lobbyists are finding it tougher to convince legislators in Frankfort, Kentucky than in Sacramento, California, that their practices are legitimate business decisions. Instead, they’re finding a different political reality in states that skew more red than blue.

The municipal finance market has always intertwined with politics. Bankers depend on relationships with officials to win business. I’ve covered more than one business story where those relationships got a bit too cozy, leading to city, county, and state officials finding themselves residents of correctional facilities they once governed.

Today, as Financial Advisor reports to its readers, as “the nation is increasingly divided on issues from vaccines to education, financial institutions that restrict their dealings with gunmakers- and in some states, oil and coal companies as well- now face blowback even in the normally staid world of public finance.”

The municipal market is a $4 trillion dollar business. If -or when – these states pass their legislation, it will have the potential to really shake that business up.

Texas, where the law went into effect on September 1st, 2021, writes around $50 billion in annual debt sales. Only California provides more business for bankers.

Opponents of the legislation say limiting the number of competitors for a state or municipality’s business is a “hidden cost to taxpayers.” Fewer lenders, they say, will lead to higher costs for access to capital.

The GOP Legislators’ Response?
They’re defending their constituents from “corporate America’s attack on their way of life.”

The NSSF’s Larry Keane has been involved in the NSSF efforts since their beginning. He says there’s a very simple solution: “banks,” he says, “can simply stop discriminating.”

At the SHOT Show governor’s roundtable, Keane continued to push the governors in attendance to push back against “woke banking.”

There’s no guarantee any of the proposed legislation will pass. Indiana’s legislation died in committee last month. We are, after all, talking about politics. And it seems politicians don’t always listen to their constituents once they get into office.

But these states are populated with plenty of staunch 2A supporters who are also voters.

Legislators tend to listen to them more closely when we’re approaching election years."

LINK

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-15-2022).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2022 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Seattle is the home of Amazon’s corporate headquarters, employing more than 80,000 people. It is also one of the nation’s epicenters of crime, rioting, and looting

The online sales behemoth that embraces gun control and defunding police is now witnessing the effects of those policies.

Amazon is moving employees out of a downtown corporate building over concerns of rising crime.

“Given recent incidents…, we’re providing employees currently at that location with alternative office space elsewhere,” an Amazon spokesperson recently told media. “We are hopeful that conditions will improve and that we will be able to bring employees back to this location when it is safe to do so.”

To understand how the neighborhood became so violent as to force them to relocate their employees to safer confines, Amazon may want to look in the mirror..."

rest at link:

LINK

*Cliff, we'll neeed to move this one to the new politics area.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-25-2022).]

This thread has been moved here: Politics & Religion.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock