Started on: 02-25-2020 05:07 PM
Replies: 329 (4828 views)
Last post by: Valkrie9 on 07-26-2024 07:53 AM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2022 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

Heard moments ago, it just popped up, all by itself, amazing.

Playing for Change has done a great number of covers like that featuring many fine artists.

Here is the original from 1929 about the disastrous, historic flood on the Mississippi River in 1927.

IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2022 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Here is the original from 1929 about the disastrous, historic flood on the Mississippi River in 1927.

Led Zeppelin is often criticized for "ripping off" songs from early black American blues artists, but it can't be denied that their interpretations of these songs were masterfully done.

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2022 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

!

A_Lonely_Potato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2022 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me being a "youth" my tastes are probably not too similar to most of y'all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-aQrBZ4Duw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2022 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

Heard moments ago, it just popped up, all by itself, amazing.

Nice!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2022 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A_Lonely_Potato:

Me being a "youth" my tastes are probably not too similar to most of y'all...

It wasn't all bad. I saw a DeLorean in there.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-10-2022).]

A_Lonely_Potato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2022 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

It wasn't all bad. I saw a DeLorean in there.

Today was actually my first time seeing the music video and i had to do a double take when that went by haha
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2022 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Somehow, a yewtube artist has combined the past and the Led !
Amazing imagination made real.
Kudos.

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2022 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2022 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Clean, clear, heavenly.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2022 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1544 posts
Member since Jan 2021

!
Groovy !

PFF
System Bot
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2022 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1544 posts
Member since Jan 2021

!
Niia Bertino sings emotionally.

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2022 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1544 posts
Member since Jan 2021

!
Jay Bourne
4 days ago
I am not a biologist... but this is most definitely a "woman"
^1
100 million views ^

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2022 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

!
Puddles sings classic tunes.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2022 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A tune you haven't heard before, "Ivan the Crayfish" by my favorite Russian folk group, Otava Yo:

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-03-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2022 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^
Wow !
Evokes wonderful memories from the '50s, a free heaven.
The steambath and swing, a log cabin dacha deep in the woods, on a hill above an ice cold lake in July,
the Canadian Shield's granite slopes still very warm at midnight as we looked up to the Milky Way's light illuminating our path.
A Finnish woodcutter's creation, he had cleared five acres of a loamy gravel bank at the end of a twelve mile logging road west of hwy 11, north of Huntsville here in Ontario.
He had arrived in Canada after the First War about 1920, wounded but still able, his sleigh was still in the driving shed where I first saw it in '56.
The crosscut saws still hung from the spruce trunk rafters. the aroma of their sap an aromatic sensation, the last I saw of his Model T Ford pickup, It was in mint condition up in Lake Bernard.
!
Thanks for the mems.

There are beaver in there !
Black bear mama and cubs seen on that ridge, circa '57
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2022 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

A tune you haven't heard before, "Ivan the Crayfish" by my favorite Russian folk group, Otava Yo:

They need a lawnmower in the worst way..

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2022 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

They heard you (the first 15 seconds of this video):

In case anyone cares, from their website Feb 26, 2022: https://otava-yo.spb.ru/en/news

Dear friends!

A terrible tragedy took place and affected all of us. We a totally crushed with what is happening now in brotherly Ukraine. It was impossible to imagine anything like this but the worst possible thing that could happen is taking place right now before our own eyes. And we all are unwilling participants of these tragic events.

Due to these circumstances, we are cancelling all our upcoming concerts. We are working on technical issues related to tickets return and will soon make this announcement. We are sorry but under these circumstances we cannot pretend that nothing is happening and continue playing our cheerful music.

Please refrain from hateful comments at least out of respect to the members of our group whose relatives are forced to hide from shells and explosions in the basements of their houses in Ukraine. We hope for prudence and reason of the once who can ensure peaceful resolution of the conflict.

I have enjoyed this band for a few years and it is encouraging not only to hear their position, but to see that they can and will speak out.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-04-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2022 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2022 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2022 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2022 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
School of Rock, ' End of the Line '
Joni ?
Music Videos
You may find something you like.

' Three of a Perfect Pair '
What I found I like.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tune popped up this morning, stimulating great memories from that time, man, I was in love with her.
Hope she's doing well, last I heard she joined a group bound for Nashville, she could sing.
Lindsey Buckingham's Impossible picking song
Rumours of Fleetwood Mac

Jan 19, 2023
Rumours Of Fleetwood Mac, the playlist, 2 days ago

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 02-16-2023).]

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My music taste is all over the place so let's go a couple directions here.

Adriano Celentano Bonus points if you know the story behind the song

Scott H Biram. The man performed a concert a month after a head on collision with a semi at Austin's Continental Club playing from a wheelchair with an I.V. still dangling from his arm.

Jamie Berry. Not sure what rabbit hole led me to electro-swing but I still find my way back to it from time to time.

[This message has been edited by Silentassassin185 (edited 04-20-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A great cover of a Jefferson Airplane classic.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a couple of tunes I'll bet you haven't heard. Tuareg Rock, also known as Desert Blues (Sahara Desert, that is).

Metal fans, pay attention to this next guy.

Hopefully a light bulb just came on in a few people's heads. Culture come full circle, can you hear it? I have talked about it before.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-20-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

20316 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Here is an intermediate stop along the circle, a tune that everyone has heard.

Who can tell me Dick Dale's cultural heritage?

Now listen to two other versions of the same "surf era classic":

I really like this next one. The girl has some very Ian Anderson style chops.

Everything old is new again.

Now, what started me down this particular "rabbit hole" was the song posted by Patrick above. If you listen to Jorma's intro in the original, it becomes obvious that "White Rabbit" is another example of the Phrygian mode, which is the basis for a lot of middle eastern music.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-20-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a bowed electric sitar on the streets of Mexico?

The band is called Cosmic Bureaucracy and the song is "Ironic Dreams".

Definitivamente fuera de la caja!

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-21-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2022 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Norwegian Woods, chiseled, scraped into shape.
Good riffs, chops, yep.

CharlesBerthoud ........

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 04-30-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2022 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1544 posts
Member since Jan 2021

Yep !

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2022 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool thing about a "jam" if its really a jam is people likely haven't heard it before.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-05-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2022 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That video is actually a great example of the difference in sound between a Gibson (copy) and a Fender. I prefer the harmonically rich sound of the humbuckers.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2022 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

20316 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Here is another one from a band that I posted above, a "Jazz Fusion" kind of sound:

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2022 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2022 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2022 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A 19th century French whaling song done by my favorite Russian folk group.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2022 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2022 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock