Started on: 06-14-2018 01:56 PM
Replies: 137 (2732 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-07-2019 07:27 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'Boy or girl?' Parents raising 'theybies' let kids decide

"One way of shielding children from gender stereotypes: Keep their biological sex secret."

Julie Compton for NBC News; July 19, 2018.
https://www.nbcnews.com/fea...-kids-decide-n891836

Not saying that "theybies" are a good idea. Just doing what I can to detonate some more cranial explosions here. Because, for the most part, I am not here, in the sense of being a central player in this discussion.

A person can be born XX or XY, in terms of their chromosomes, but if the process of Gene Expression does not unfold in the same way as it does for most other people, that's one way to have a person that is not 100 percent Male or 100 percent Female, in terms of how their bodies are set up, or in terms of the temporal sequence or timeline of how their body changes from birth, through puberty and into adulthood.

Jessica Firger for Newsweek; September 21, 2015.
https://www.newsweek.com/ra...-boys-puberty-374934

Puberty is a universally confusing experience. The hormonal, physical and emotional changes a child undergoes in that time can be overwhelming. But imagine puberty came with a sudden gender transformation. It’s a concept that seems as if it were right out of science fiction but for a small community in the Dominican Republic it’s common for girls to hit puberty and quite literally transform into boys.

That's something that has affected a particular community in the Dominican Republic, but abnormalities of Gene Expression are not restricted to a few isolated communities-- there are other ways for the process of Gene Expression, as it regulates sexual development in humans, to deviate from the expected norms.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-25-2018).]

IP: Logged
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great, another experiment with children. Why do we have to continually relearn these lessons:

You have heard that gender is a man made construct and has been proven in an experiment?
Well here is the story of the two kids who were that experiment. This is the study that people
point to as proof when it actually proves just the opposite. I guess if you repeat a lie long enough
it becomes the truth?

https://youtu.be/SLFGMWoQaCU

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

As your same as always crap, you NEVER apparently READ ANYTHING. I only say I respect their lives to live in peace as they want. I never have said anything about banging or even wanting to bang anyone other than women born as women. I watch/listen to news prob 3-4 hours every day. Cant say Ive ever heard of a transsexual committing any sex crime...while they are however often a victim of crimes from people like you. Your about the dumbest fk Ive ever had a conversation with. When you read anything its like only 2 words of every sentence ever register. There must be a disease name out there...oh yes there is....

https://www.mayoclinic.org/...-causes/syc-20369518

If you dont get any responses from me here again, its not because you won your argument, its because I wont stoop down to your level anymore. Its like talking to my neighbors fence.

Hmm, well Roger, I really don't like the contents of this thread and have not posted on the issues that I disagree with. Just because it is a mute point, BUT you said something that got my attention. I will only say that people are people and ALL people commit crime,...of all types. NO RACE, GENDER or LIFESTYLE is free from the chains of temptations.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"One way of shielding children from gender stereotypes: Keep their biological sex secret."

I can't disagree with you more Ronald.
One sure way to harvest mistrust is to plant secrets and lies.
The problem is that our current trend of political correctness is to lie to kids as if they are the adults that are being brainwashed.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
I can't disagree with you more Ronald. One sure way to harvest mistrust is to plant secrets and lies. The problem is that our current trend of political correctness is to lie to kids as if they are the adults that are being brainwashed.

OK. But you are disagreeing with whatever person it was from the "theybies" movement that put forward that explanation to the reporter for NBC News.

I'm very skeptical about this idea, but I would want to look at it in more depth before saying that I am For or Against it.

I am not sure that it would not be a good thing for a small number of children to undergo the "theybie" experience and see what eventually comes of it.

Every child, to a considerable extent, is at the mercy of their parent(s) or whoever it is that brings them up from infancy.

Would it be any more of a tragedy or negative outcome if these "theybie" children, or some significant percentage of them, were to have seemingly negative outcomes from this experience, than any of the other children all around this country (and the world) that are certain to be at the mercy of parents or guardians that are drug or alcohol abusers, or criminally negligent in some other way of their parental responsibilities?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-25-2018).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2018 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not sure that it would not be a good thing for a small number of children to undergo the "theybie" experience and see what eventually comes of it.

OK Mr. Wirths

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_Wirths
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK. But you are disagreeing with whatever person it was from the "theybies" movement that put forward that explanation to the reporter for NBC News.

I'm very skeptical about this idea, but I would want to look at it in more depth before saying that I am For or Against it.

Every child, to a considerable extent, is at the mercy of their parent(s) or whoever it is that brings them up from infancy.

Would it be any more of a tragedy or negative outcome if these "theybie" children, or some significant percentage of them, were to have seemingly negative outcomes from this experience, than any of the other children all around this country (and the world) that are certain to be at the mercy of parents or guardians that are drug or alcohol abusers, or criminally negligent in some other way of their parental responsibilities?

Ronald, if you don't know that lies and secrets are a negative thing,.....then no amount of research will help by the time they reach adulthood. All that will come of it is a group of people that will have a different opinion than others. That opinion will be shaped by the people that raised the kids. Most likely some children will think for themselves, but like kids raised in cults, they won't know any better than to mimic those that raised them. If a guardian is extreme enough to "hide" a child's birth gender, then they are likely to have other extreme believes and opinions.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what went on here, after the last time I messaged into this. I haven't looked.

Here's a thought I just had, about a likely conversation that could be (or soon be) taking place around the nation:

I really enjoyed this first date with you, Doris. The way we agree about so many things. Movies. Politics. Sports. Art. Cuisine.

I'd like to see you again, but you have to know one thing. I need two X chromosomes in a woman. An XY just doesn't do it for me.

How about letting me run you through that "23andMe" genetic analysis website, so we can see if this has any possibility for us of a lasting relationship?"

I wonder if some of the points or ideas that were put forth in this discussion (not by me) could fairly be described as "Throwing out the Theybie with the bath water."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-29-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a radical idea: How about a culture based on reality?

As a positive force in human development, natural selection faded away about 100 years ago. I have heard it said, that it is now survival of the merely adequate.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-29-2018).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I've got a radical idea: How about a culture based on reality?

As a positive force in human development, natural selection faded away about 100 years ago. I have heard it said, that it is now survival of the merely adequate.

Granted I am not in the best of shape and if lost in the woods on a winter night I would probably only last 3-4 days without rescue. But look around, most of the people walking around looking at their phones wouldn't last past the first night as they wouldn't be able to google how to survive.
They cant even navigate without some device showing them the way. Granted I use a GPS but I had a discussion with my girlfriend about reading maps and using a compass. She couldn't read a map but did understand how a compass worked. Then we started talking about the people we see all the time and wonder what would happen to them if there was a total black out.
Most wouldn't survive the first month. Those that did would only do so because someone else was prepared and took them in. If we were ever in a state of a long black out it would be as bad as any out break. People wouldn't know what to do and would die.
This has nothing to do with gender its a simple observation. We have progressed so far that technology has made us soft and unable to live without it.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of all the problems ive had on my property, or out and about, in decades, ONLY ONE was white. All you have to do is watch any local news channel, or better, buy a police scanner and listen for a day or two who most of the criminals are described as. I dont care what kind of swayed stats you can produce, THAT is the fact. Watch YouTube police chases sometime...there are thousands from all over the country. Make up a scorecard and check off the apparent race of the people theyre chasing. You will run out of paper on the column you label 'african-american' before you get a couple of others. Not only just being chased, but doing totally stupid things while doing it. I saw one where they were chasing a stolen Chrysler 300 with a black driver...did he seriously think he could get away from the dozen cop cars and helicopter by jumping a river in it ? Im talking a 1/4 mile wide river, not a ditch. He barely even got to the water at all from a field when police dog got him thru the window.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2018 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Germany adds Third Gender ("intersex") option for birth certificates, other documents
Read more: https://www.upi.com/Top_New...12282/#ixzz5Zkk1Rncl

Here's the last paragraph:

Globally, as many as 1.7 percent of people are intersex, the United Nations has said -- about the same percentage as those born with red hair. The condition is typically observed at birth or in puberty.

Just something I stumbled upon as I was checking the latest news reports. I remembered this Topic.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-15-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2018 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Germany adds Third Gender ("intersex") option for birth certificates, other documents

I want a license that says I'm "IntoSex".
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2018 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I want a license that says I'm "IntoSex".

Or YESPLEASE
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2018 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive read all mammal embryos start as females, but at a certain time of development, certain hormones change the embryo to male or allow it to continue as female. There are 2 sides to that statement though, scientist offer substantial argument for true or false. There are remnants of female in men, for example nipples, which have absolutely no purpose. There are no male remnants ive heard of in females. There are deformities where womens clitoris sometimes resemble a penis. There are also hermaphrodites that have fully developed sex organs of both sexes.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2019 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the stretch... checks on the runner at first... and here's the pitch:

Casimir Pulaski, hero of the Revolutionary War and pride of the Polish-American community, may need a new pronoun — he may have been a she, or even a they.

Researchers who used DNA to identify Pulaski’s bones are convinced the gallant Pole who died fighting for America’s freedom was either a biological woman who lived as a man, or potentially was intersex, meaning a person whose body doesn’t fit the standard definitions of male or female.

That’s the eye-opening takeaway from a new Smithsonian Channel documentary titled “The General Was Female?,” which premieres Monday and is part of the “America’s Hidden Stories” series.

<SNIP>

And here's how it ends:

Told of the revelations about Pulaski, Richard Zawisny, president of the annual Pulaski Day Parade, admitted, "I'd heard something about this before, but I'm a little shocked by this."

"But in this day and age, I don't think it will matter to most people," he said. "I really believe that the majority won't care and it doesn't take away from the fact that Pulaski was a Polish-American hero."

Corky Siemaszko for NBC News; April 5, 2019.
https://www.nbcnews.com/new...een-woman-or-n991371

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-05-2019).]

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2019 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From the stretch... checks on the runner at first... and here's the pitch:

Corky Siemaszko for NBC News; April 5, 2019.
https://www.nbcnews.com/new...een-woman-or-n991371

I don't follow the correlation, but this thread got so far off what I'd intended to be the discussion. I never was saying women can't do things as well as a man; just that men and women are built differently and physically the average male has a clear advantage. The Olympics easily show it every 4/2 years.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2019 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whether males have a clear advantage depends on what your talking about. For example never saw a male have a baby... Men may have less tolerance for pain. A man would be screaming bloody murder if a football (baby) came out his penis or rectum. Women do it every day from their vagina. The only place males have an appreciable advantage is maybe in physical strength...and that could be questionable. so before you can make that statement, you have to be specific.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-07-2019).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock