Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  This is how America feels about your disrespect... (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This is how America feels about your disrespect... by Tony Kania
Started on: 09-23-2017 10:10 AM
Replies: 411 (6179 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-08-2018 03:07 PM
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

A little light on the logic, BDub.

The entertainers are at work, in their workplace, doing their jobs.

They bring politics to the workplace.
That's never good, especially among professionals.

And BTW, isn't B&E, as you suggested, illegal?

Yeah, so is contempt of court. I was trying to show Randye why his example was stupid.

And I respect the right of their bosses to fire them. If their bosses support them, then that's that. We've seen a few owners that stand by their players. Apparently they believe their employees are doing just fine.

Originally posted by blackrams:

IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND. NEITHER WILL THEY.

Okay, I'll just take that to mean you can't explain it.

Originally posted by Xyster:

I'm a veteran and it pisses me off. This isn't a freedom of speech thing. It's akin to yelling fire in a crowded building. They are spreading hate to start something bad.

If this was truly benevolent, they would be working with law enforcement and not protesting it.

How are they spreading hate? They're literally just kneeling. Do you get similarly angry when you see an American flag used in an advertisement?
IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2017 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2017 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
You literally do not understand what is being taught. Literally. Our flag is bigger than you can ever imagine. It means more than you can ever imagine. You literally are part of the problem. Your lack of knowledge precedes you.

I am going to watch as the NFL has record setting attendance. This week it is "off", and next week my prediction is that there will be empty seats in all Stadiums that support Kapernick's beguiled agenda. Attendance will be decimated by this, and deservedly so.

Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2017 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

How are they spreading hate? They're literally just kneeling. Do you get similarly angry when you see an American flag used in an advertisement?

You're a moron. They aren't just taking a knee. They're endorsing all of kaepernik's hateful acts. You know, the ISIS dating scumbag that said ask cops are pigs. The scumbag that is in a position to be a role model but can't show respect for/to anything. The scumbag that young Americans watch and emulate and now has a whole generation opposing law enforcement. Do you think there might be a reason why he's unsigned?

And no, I love seeing the US flag. I watch hockey and always comment positively about Canadian companies using the maple leaf.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2017 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Then please do not question the way that I was brought up to respect the law, instead of committing crimes.

Sorry Brendan, but every sentence in this thread by you screams of indoctrination. This is different than what you used to stand up for.

Tony, please show me where I questioned how you were raised. Just one quote from this thread where I did that.

This is the very same thing I have always stood for. I stand for freedom, Tony. Full, unadulterated, unwavering, unindoctrinated freedom. I'm patriotic because this country gives its citizens more freedoms than most other countries (I'd say all, but I haven't been everywhere). I love this god-damned country for that. I don't love America just for being America; I love America because of the way it is. And part of that is that when we see something wrong, we can change it! The people have a lot of power in our system, and I believe in it.

I believe the police system needs reform. When a cop does something questionable, I want a true third party to review it. Not their DA buddy that works with that department every day. I also believe that we need to scale back laws that allow that system so much power. Civil forfeiture? Goes against our freedoms, but damn do those cops love it. Drug laws? Goes against our freedoms, but those cops making a killing off of them.

Restructure the police structure and how it communicates with the justice system. Scale back laws that infringe upon our freedoms. This is all about freedom to me, Tony. You ask me this in 10 years and I hope to give you the very same ****ing answer because I love freedom and will always stand up for it.

Kneeling at the national anthem is, to me, more patriotic than robotically standing just because everyone around is standing (which is why most are actually standing--societal expectation, not patriotism). If you are standing because your heart is in it, great, love it, be patriotic about it. But those people kneeling are also being patriotic by being a driver for change that would result in increased freedoms.

You want them to stand? Then change the system to be something worth standing for. Kneel for freedom, because right now, the police in this country are restricting your freedoms, and that needs to change.

Look, I recognize how this sounds, but I hope at the end of the day you can think about what I said, and just consider having a conversation (in person) with someone (reasonable) who thinks differently than you on this subject. Conversations are powerful. I'm always learning from those around me, and I hope we can all keep learning from each other.

I'm done here. I've spent too much time and I have an important conference to go to this week. Take care everyone.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 09-24-2017).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2017 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm done here. I've spent too much time and I have an important conference to go to this week. Take care everyone.

I see the athletes kneeling as allies in that fight.

Make sure you kneel at your "important conference" in solidarity with your "allies in that fight" you coward and blowhard.

Yeah, and if I had to listen to the national anthem every week, I might kneel too!

Because having to hear our national anthem once a week is just SO much of an imposition on you.

You're a real piece of work Skippy.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-24-2017).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2017 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Because having to hear our national anthem once a week is just SO much of an imposition on you.

You're a real piece of work Skippy.

I love how you defend the man who called McCain "not a war hero" and he "likes people who don't get captured".

So that's not disrespectful but kneeling for the anthem is? Get real.

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I support the kneeling, because I think we have a problem with police in our country. To me, it is not a race issue as much as a police issue, and I see the athletes kneeling as allies in that fight. They are protesting peacefully. I don't see how supporting them is racist at all.

That's weird... When I heard them on the radio talking about this it was because the anthem was racist... Now it's about the Police? Wasn't it about oppression at one point? Perhaps it's because tampons are taxed....

Can we just pick a damned thing to be mad about?

Brad
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fats

5567 posts
Member since Jan 2012
Next week it'll be "beat the people that refuse to take a knee."

You know that's how this works.

Brad
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2017 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Feel free to take a knee to show your solidarity. Try that out. If those of you feel so strongly about this, take a knee tomorrow morning just as your boss is setting those weekly goals. 👌
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

I love how you defend the man who called McCain "not a war hero" and he "likes people who don't get captured".

So that's not disrespectful but kneeling for the anthem is? Get real.

When Liberals used to accuse him of bombing innocent Vietnamese people as cowardly. But that is when he was running against Obama and before that even.

The Vietnamese person who saved John McCain.

On that gray morning more than 32 years ago, McCain was knocked unconscious briefly when he ejected from his damaged bomber. Both his arms were broken, his right knee was shattered, and when he splashed into the middle of Truc Bach (White Silk) Lake, his 50 pounds of flight gear kept him from reaching the surface.

When Mai Van On finally got to him, about 200 yards out, all the older man could see was a bit of white silk, the top of the American’s parachute.

With U.S. planes still bombing and strafing their target of the day—a nearby light-bulb factory where On worked as a security guard—On used a stout bamboo pole to hoist McCain off the bottom of the lake.

“If I had hesitated even one more minute, I’m sure he would have died,” said On, still vigorous at 83 and still living in the same spot on the southern edge of the lake in the heart of downtown Hanoi.

“John McCain was lucky that morning,” On said. “It was about 11 a.m. I had just come home for lunch and put my bicycle into the house. Then the air-raid siren went off, and 60 or 70 of us ran to a tunnel to avoid the bombs. I was at the entrance to the tunnel when I saw the pilot go into the water.

“The tunnel was still shaking from the bombing when I ran to the lake.”
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My view on kneeling? I don't care about the disrespect(not saying you shouldn't) but I think it's a poor career move, they have the right to do it and the employers have a right to fire them if it violates a code of conduct as they should(I realize they aren't). However if they are following the rules and you don't like it, let the ratings reflect it, maybe switch to MMA and help out their viewership?

These people are ignorant fools. They are in the entertainment business and they are chasing away their viewers, as a result, all of the NFL could suffer. All in the name of a cause that doesn't exist. All of the players are privileged, top class citizens because at some point they were recognized for their talent, not their skin color. If they don't like the privilege they earned, there are other countries they could live in and most can afford the move.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-25-2017).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2017 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Let me ask a question about this. What is considered the disrespect part of knelling? Is it against the law or just sign of disrespect?

Personally I'm not offended by it.
U.S. Code › Title 36 › Subtitle I › Part A › Chapter 3 › § 301
36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem

(a)Designation.—
The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

It is called respect, and culture.. Clearly you have none, if you don't see a problem with it.. YOU STAND TAKE YOUR HAT OFF, AND EITHER SIGN ALLONG OR JUST STAND THERE . YOU DO NO SIT OR KNEEL OR TALK,
Those that can't manage to do these little things as a sign of respect to the country and people that made it what it is and protected YOUR WAY OF LIFE , I'd never expect to ever fight for it.
You either love this country or you don't . If ya can't show respect then there is the dam door, go find a country that you'll feel better about.. bye!!!!!!

------------------
No news ,
Is good news,
With Garry Ganue

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2017 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by Threedog:

Trump on people literally calling for death to those who are not white at a rally: "Many of them are good people"

Trump on one man taking a knee during a song, peacefully: He is a son of a *****

Our president is literally swearing at people in speeches because they disagree with him, are practicing their constitutional rights to do so. How is that possibly the sign of a good leader?

Put down the crack pipe, you are flipp'n high..
Oh, by the way where was your outrage when blacks called for the death of whites??????

oh, and where is the link to this claim of yours.. That trump said or even hinted at that..

YOU ARE WHAT they love, blind can't think sheep.. You show your a sheep every dam time you post your racist bullshitta..

Like Chris Rock said in a show of his, there are blacks and then there are ______. Want to guess what one your showing

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 09-25-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2017 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

What form of protest is more peaceful than a kneeling of the knee?

It's just a song. And the flag is just a piece of cloth.

Yes, they represent more. They represent our country's foundation of freedom. Freedom that includes freedom of speech. And just like you are allowed to hate someone over kneeling, they are allowed to kneel. Freedom to do something doesn't make you right, though. The act of kneeling doesn't give their ideas validity. Your anger doesn't give validity to yours. That doesn't mean you are wrong, either. Doesn't mean they are. Just that the freedom of speech is just that. It's freedom from persecution for exercising that speech.

Someone kneeling during an anthem is making a (peaceful) statement. They shouldn't be jailed for it. They shouldn't be assaulted for it. They should, perhaps, be asked some questions. "Why are you making that statement? What led to you thinking the way you do? Can we talk about why I think you're wrong?"

Okay, I think we can all agree that Kaepernick shouldn't be jailed for kneeling. Sorry for being a little long-winded, but I'm trying to be as comprehensive here as possible.

Now that he shouldn't be jailed, we need to consider if he should or shouldn't kneel as his form of protest. I have found the best way to know my own beliefs the best is to regularly put myself in the shoes of someone who disagrees with me. When thinking of these questions, put yourself in his shoes. Pretend, for just a moment, that you think the U.S. has a culture that promotes racism. Pretending that you think this, review the following questions:

* Is it a peaceful form of protest?
* Is this form of protest relevant to my beliefs?
* Does it infringe upon anyone else's rights?
* Am I breaking any other laws?
* What other forms of protest could I do - are any of those better options?

Okay, you can be yourself again. I think, if you consider these honestly from his perspective, that you will find that this is truly the best form of protest for his goals. Furthermore, out of all the options he has, he can give the most voice to his belief, while negatively impacting 0 other people. It's the best of all worlds, here. You may not like his form of protest, but it has been effective. If he chose to stand on a street corner, it may have not been as effective. If he blocked a street, it would have impeded on others. If he rioted, it would have broken other laws. If he had just made statements on Twitter, the NFL wouldn't have been a sounding board. If he had burned a flag, it would have been more inflammatory. If he had chugged a gallon of milk (or any other random thing), it just wouldn't be relevant. If he had marched on Washington, it would have been a one-time, unimpactful event. Remember, he has something to say. Simply saying he should not make his voice heard in some way is not a valid answer.

What other form of protest would you recommend someone do?

The primary questions you should walk away with here are:

* What form of protest is more peaceful than a kneeling of the knee?
* Why do I have a problem with him kneeling?

**** you that's why, go to hell, maybe Africa is a better country for you.. no one is holding you here, there is the door..

YOUR POST SHOWS YOUR DISRESPECT FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR YOUR WAY OF LIFE..
I will not respect anyone that lives off the fruit of those that gave it all and then can't be bothered to show the respect for that..
No wonder the Country is going down the crapper, People think like this..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2017 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by rinselberg:

No. If these NFL games that begin with a televised rendition of the National Anthem were as ordinary as a "workplace" for the players, then they wouldn't be performing the National Anthem and having military jets fly over the stadiums before every game. How many people in the United States are required to be part of a National Anthem ceremony at the start of their work day--or even their work week?

People who stand up for the National Anthem are offering a gesture that is just as political in its way as the NFL players who take a knee or link their arms and look downwards instead of looking straight ahead, or looking directly at the flag or at the people who are carrying the flag as part of the pregame ceremony, or looking at the planes that are flying overhead.

I also think that Donald Trump brings a lot of things into his workplace--the Presidency of the United States--which have nothing to do with the office of the Presidency. He knows that anything he puts out on Twitter (for example) is going to command supersized public attention, regardless of whether he uses the official POTUS Twitter account or his personal "realDonaldTrump" Twitter account.

I don't think that the President will see any positive returns for himself or for his supporters by inserting himself into this National Anthem thing in the very aggressive and sharp-tongued way that he did at that rally in Huntsville.

But--that's just my prediction. They still have to have the elections. Paraphrasing the sports commentator bromide that comes in association with this team or that team being predicted to win. "That's why they still play the games."

My god, the islam pimp can't see that it IS part of the workplace at games ....................... The they start before they play.. Stick to shadeballs..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2017 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

I will call it like it is.

This is just a BLACK ghetto culture thing. They think it is so cool and hip to neurotically protesting what they proceed is a "WHITE" culture that needs no respect because of past transgressions of their race. So kneeling is not a disrespect to the USA or the Anthem. It is just saying, that I don't do "WHITE" things, because I'm a leftist black person.

But it isn't about race. It is all about being "IN" with Black ghetto culture.

Black ghetto culture isn't about race, but they make it about race. Ghetto culture is an inferior and destructive culture that takes on many similar destructive traits as, Nazism, Islamic Extremist, Klu Klux Klan and many others that are shunned in society or just plain destructive, wrong and evil.

You support the athletes who are kneeling like this? Then you are a RACIST, plain and simple. Yes, White liberal guilt people like Threedogs are very racist people in my book.

**** that noise, that is total bullshita.. you know it.. Nothing ghetto about that, and claiming they do it because the N.A. and Flag are somehow A "WHITE" symbol is sad, really sad.. and Weak.. it is a cop out..
WHAT IT IS is the liberals trying to destroy this country from within.. only reason it gains steam in ghetto life is because they are Phucking stupid.. And when J zee new click hits is more important to them.
The symbols are not ""White" **** tht noise, it is you fools following a party that is hell bent on destroying this country.. As it is the only way to get their new world order of one monster world oppressive government.. Those claiming they are oppressed Don't even know the meaning, if they did they would not be supporting the push for being completely oppressed by an all controlling world government..
Sheep, friggin sheep..
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/043583.html

Don't try to circumvent the censor system.
The forum software automatically censors some 4-letter words

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook.

It states:
“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.” .......

http://iotwreport.com/fv-co...the-nfl-anthem-rule/
I would say this sums it up. So why is there any question as to what should happen.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

I sincerely hope that life is never discovered on another planet because, sure as hell Progressives and Socialists will want to send them money.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-25-2017).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I would say this sums it up. So why is there any question as to what should happen.

Excellent point. I suspect the reason they aren't enforcing it is that they are too mainstream, they must be PC.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The NFL has a major problem.

They will take steps against players who are charged with crimes off the field but, will not address infractions of their own rules.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

I sincerely hope that life is never discovered on another planet because, sure as hell Progressives and Socialists will want to send them money.

PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which brings me back to my original point, stop watching. My father in law was distraught over this, yet NFL games played on his TV most of the day.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will call it like it is.

This is just a BLACK ghetto culture thing. They think it is so cool and hip to neurotically protesting what they proceed is a "WHITE" culture that needs no respect because of past transgressions of their race. So kneeling is not a disrespect to the USA or the Anthem. It is just saying, that I don't do "WHITE" things, because I'm a leftist black person.

But it isn't about race. It is all about being "IN" with Black ghetto culture.

Black ghetto culture isn't about race, but they make it about race. Ghetto culture is an inferior and destructive culture that takes on many similar destructive traits as, Nazism, Islamic Extremist, Klu Klux Klan and many others that are shunned in society or just plain destructive, wrong and evil.

You support the athletes who are kneeling like this? Then you are a RACIST, plain and simple. Yes, White liberal guilt people like Threedogs are very racist people in my book.

Good post.

It just occurred to me that these protestors are kneeling. I can take that as since most are black, they are kneeling before whites. So apparently they would enjoy being slaves and bowing before their masters. In some places and times, kneeling is /was showing their respect for those over them who are superior.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Additionally, this is not a First Amendment Right issue.

The First Amendment does NOT apply to companies or individuals. It applies to Government.

Businesses have every right to tell employees what they can and cannot say.  Lots of examples in the news almost every day where someone is fired because of what they say on Facebook or Twitter, not even at work. None of these have gone to court, because the employers have that right.

The NFL and the owners also have that right, to tell the players how to respond to the National Anthem, and the results if they disobey.

Those that feel this is a First Amendment Right infringement need to become reacquainted with the Constitution and it's amendments.

------------------
Ron

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this in the comments section after an article on a website.....

I I need to share this.. I didn't write it.. but it says what our flag stands for so truly!You want to take a knee?

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn.Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.

Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon...Anywhere will do. Americans died in all those jungles.There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat..Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress...Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."

You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are...but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is retired...

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things.

But there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Excellent point. I suspect the reason they aren't enforcing it is that they are too mainstream, they must be PC.

I went to the NFL rule book and spent some time searching for this rule.   
Couldn't find it.   That doesn't mean it's not there, it's a pretty big rule book.
It also doesn't mean the NFL hasn't recently removed it from observation.   That would not surprise me.

Regardless though, it's still not a first amendment issue.   The NFL can and has sanctioned it's teams and players in what they do and say.   The First Amendment applies to the government, not individuals or companies.
------------------
Ron

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem
http://www.foxnews.com/spor...national-anthem.html

For Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, being “respectful of our football team” trumped the right of Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva to show respect for the national anthem.

A former Army Ranger, Villanueva was the only Steeler to break from the team's orders and come out of the tunnel Sunday in Chicago to stand for "The Star-Spangled Banner."

Speaking after his team's 23-17 loss to the Bears, Tomlin appeared to take a swipe at the Bronze Star recipient's decision.

“Like I said, I was looking for 100 percent participation, we were gonna be respectful of our football team,” Tomlin said.
Tomlin told the media that, prior to kickoff Sunday, the Steelers held a team meeting and decided, though not unanimously, to not come out of the locker room for the national anthem. Tomlin added the intent was to have his team focus on the game and not President Trump’s comments blasting players who chose to protest during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

"I was looking for 100 percent participation." - Mike Tomlin

“Many of them felt like something needed to be done. I asked those guys to discuss it and whatever they discussed that we have 100 percent participation or we do nothing,” Tomlin said after the game. “They discussed it for an appropriate length of time and they couldn’t come to an understanding, so they chose to remove themselves from it. They were not going to be disrespectful in the anthem so they chose not to participate, but at the same time many of them were not going to accept the words of the president.”

“We’re not politicians. We’re coaches and professional athletes," Tomlin said Sunday. "If those of us or individuals choose to participate in politics in some way I’m going to be supportive of that. But when we come out of locker rooms, we come out of locker rooms to play football games."
There appeared to be some confusion in the Steelers locker room after Villanueva came out of the tunnel for the anthem.
Offensive tackle Chris Hubbard told Penn Live that the players, by a slim majority, voted in favor of staying off the field instead of standing on the sideline holding hands.

Villanueva, who served three tours in Afghanistan, decided to stand his ground instead and placed his hand over his heart while the anthem played.

"We thought we were all in attention with the same agreement, obviously," linebacker James Harrison told the website. "But, I guess we weren't."
Hubbard, however, said everyone in the locker room accepted that Villanueva would be exempt from the team's decision.
"Al was cool with it, with whatever we went through. He was on board. That's Al, man," Hubbard said. "He's a good guy."
Villanueva has previously spoken out about former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s decision to sit and kneel during the national anthem, saying his actions may “send the wrong message.”

“I don’t know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that’s providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year...when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva told ESPN in 2016. 

He added: “I will be the first one to hold hands with Colin Kaepernick and do something about the way minorities are being treated in the United States, the injustice that is happening with police brutality, the justice system, inequalities in pay. You can’t do it by looking away from the people that are trying to protect our freedom and our country.”

Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe also told ESPN he would be standing during the national anthem Sunday because he wanted to be "paying tribute to the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom."

"I stand because I respect the men who died in real battle so I have the freedom to battle on the field...but everyone these days likes to find a reason to protest and that’s their right," Wolfe told ESPN, according to The Washington Post. 

Apparently the Dub and Tomlin that something in common. Neither one of them get it.

------------------
Ron

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2017 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This could be the breaker...

A Soldier stood and is being bashed.

Those of you that do not understand what the flag stands for are the ones wrong. Your lack of understanding and the confusion that it causes you are clouding proper judgement. This is not Game of Thrones you mindless nit wits. This is not an app. This is reality and you are fogging it up real good.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who would have though we'd see the day.

Figure skaters tougher that football players.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2017 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you cannot stand for your values, kneel toward your fears.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a Viet Nam vet and I'm not a fan of Kapernik but I fully support the first amendment. I'm a little bit curious if any of those who are upset by his protest have served their country. First amendment is one of the things That I did my service for.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2017 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I'm a Viet Nam vet and I'm not a fan of Kapernik but I fully support the first amendment. I'm a little bit curious if any of those who are upset by his protest have served their country. First amendment is one of the things That I did my service for.

This is NOT a First Amendment issue.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The NFL has the right to do what they want as an organization and if they support this than fine.
Wait for ticket sales and sponsor revenue to fall off.
People will vote with their wallets.

This is not a protected right, they are at work and people have the freedom to condemn them as much as they do as an organization that supports such acts that they find morally wrong.
So take a knee and when the money dries up lets see how many of them stay on their knees.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW, recall the OUTRAGE back in 2010 when Tim Tebow took a knee to say a prayer?

I wonder what's different now?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

BTW, recall the OUTRAGE back in 2010 when Tim Tebow took a knee to say a prayer?

I wonder what's different now?

LOL do I really need to explain it?

How about the Cake people. They took a stand and look what happened.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I volunteered and served in the United States Army from 1973 to 1982.

I think Krapernik and those like him are a POS.

I also know for an absolute fact that Krapernik and all those like him are NOT being denied their 1st Amendment rights as defined under the United States Constitution.

As I stated much earlier in this thread, and as others since reiterated, the 1st Amendment applies to THE GOVERNMENT attempting to curtail free speech.

NOT private business as is the case at hand.

I don't know where, or how, you leftists came under the delusion that the 1st Amendment somehow allows you to say and do anything in the private sector with complete impunity or without consequence.

IT DOESN'T

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-25-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13825 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

LOL do I really need to explain it?

How about the Cake people. They took a stand and look what happened.

It hasn't just been wedding cake bakers.

Any individual or any private business that dares to uphold traditional morals or values instantly comes under attack by leftist sh*tbags.

The only "free speech" they are concerned with is their own. They want any and all other ideas silenced.

NOT ONE of the leftist jackasses on this forum now whining about *free speech* had a damn thing to say in support of that same right of the examples above.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-25-2017).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
NOT ONE of the leftist jackasses on this forum now whining about *free speech* had a damn thing to say in support of that same right of the examples above.

I know
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2017 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im a VN vet. I dont give a single crap about football or basketball. When I see this knee thing happening, im personally offended. I was in the military to give these numbnuts the rights they have. Its a disgrace to me, the military and the US in general for this bad behavior. I think they all maybe need to repeat the pledge of allegiance before every game and if they dont, there fired. They should even leave the country and go wherever they or their ancestors came from. Theyre not loyal Americans. Their only American enough to accept an exaggerated pay check.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock