Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Trump bringing jobs back already? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Trump bringing jobs back already? by Wichita
Started on: 11-29-2016 11:11 PM
Replies: 263 (2526 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-05-2017 12:38 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-01-2016 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Just that 1300 jobs are still going to MX, not all the jobs at the plant were saved.

I am sure glad that some were. From all that is posted, and what I read, most were gone. Now there is hope. And change.

I bet that the families that are still working feel good. Perhaps you should go tell them of your disgust for it?
IP: Logged
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Trump makes a claim.... there are ZERO details. Asking to hold him accountable is not deflecting. Obama isn't running. Hillary didn't win. Both are not even related to this topic. If you want to talk about Obama and Hillary, there are plenty of threads for which you can go back to and dig up.

Again, I wonder why you weren't concerned with holding any of the democrats accountable for the past 8 years but now you demand we hold Trump accountable (even before he takes up residency in the white house). Hypocrite much?
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you want to talk about Obama and Hillary, there are plenty of threads for which you can go back to and dig up.

You just can't control yourself can you?

Just like a leftist, STILL trying to police other people's speech.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not much of a fan of Donald Trump. But when I see him out there trying to make a difference before he's even in office yet, that gets my attention. That's a good thing to see.

I'm sure the lefties will still talk trash about him anyway. Even if he turned out to be the best President in our lifetimes, the lefties would still trash-talk him like he's the antichrist. Because they're a bunch of hateful little children who are still butt-hurt over the election.

Donald Trump may not be "your" president, but he's going to be OUR President. Get the **** over it. And get the **** over yourself. Quit stomping around like angry little preschoolers, and let's get back to business.
jmclemore

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I'm not much of a fan of Donald Trump. But when I see him out there trying to make a difference before he's even in office yet, that gets my attention. That's a good thing to see.

We are part of the club that just doesn't get
it. We just can't see how his performance as
President has already been an epic failure
before it begins......

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Like I said last I heard the number keeps changing, until we get an "official" number no one will know for sure. They are still losing 1300 jobs to MX though.

Yes it seems so. This morning, according to Trump himself the actual number is 7 million, or $7000 per employee, over 10 years. I heard yesterday that 1500 jobs were planned to go to mexico, and so if 1000-1100 are staying that only leaves 400-500 moving...I dont know where your 1300 number came from. If that was reported to somewhere, makes it obvious people are just playing number games.

Another part of the Trump plan is reducing corp taxes from 35% to 15%.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 12-02-2016).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

You can technically say that they haven't left ....yet. But they were going to go to Mexico.

First it was Ford and now, the infamous Carrier plant in Indiana, well they decided they aren't going to Mexico after all after talking to Trump. 1,000 jobs staying in America.

I even read a story on how Apple is planning to make some of the iPhone's in America.

Crazy:

You do realize all those jobs saved by Trump, there are others who were fighting moving these and other jobs offshore, they are all as you have called them in previous posts in other thread.

Over paid union monkeys.

So the union has been fighting all along to save those jobs long before Trump even thought of running. So maybe just maybe the union membership didn't want to lose jobs here. and the union membership had more to do with the jobs not being moved than Trump did.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it !

Steve
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

You do realize all those jobs saved by Trump, there are others who were fighting moving these and other jobs offshore, they are all as you have called them in previous posts in other thread.

Over paid union monkeys.

So the union has been fighting all along to save those jobs long before Trump even thought of running. So maybe just maybe the union membership didn't want to lose jobs here. and the union membership had more to do with the jobs not being moved than Trump did.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it !

Steve

The Union didn't save anything here. As a matter of fact, I was hearing on CNBC that Unions (which didn't support Trump, but are in fact in the back pocket of the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton) are deathly afraid of what Trump and Pence just did. They bypassed the Unions, negotiated the deal for the people, making the Unions irrelevant for anything, as they are now.

Go find what your Bernie Sanders said about all of this. He disapproved of this, because it made the unions look bad. How else will Bernie live in his million dollar lake house off the backs of Union donations, if the Unions start disappearing as they have been and will continue to do so?

What the Unions are a afraid of that they are even becoming more irrelevant, because it was politicians and corporations coming to the agreement, with no Union representation at the table.

Even the Union President of the Steel Workers Union, who didn't support Trump and told all his members to vote Hillary and donated Union Dues to Hillary campaign had to weap and bow of Thanks to Trump for doing the job that he couldn't or is inept to do.

Go to all of your precious Unions sites and news and they are all scared of Trump. Trump will bypass the Union thuggary leadership and go straight to the people, which is what is suppose to be done.

It isn't about being in the so called "Union" club where work ethics and performance isn't a priority but seniority is. It took a Billionaire Corporate Business Man to make things happen. Unions were loosing the jobs to Mexico.

Keep smoking your herb in your pipe and keep living off the backs of others. Let the productive people who still work for a living and contribute to the tax roles and your welfare/disability checks make the decisions. Stay fat, happy and high. We will take take of the world and work to get rid of the scrounge of the world, such as terrorist, criminals and labor unions.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 12-02-2016).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So... will TP (Trump/Pence) throw tax dollars at this company, also?

In Indianapolis today, President-elect Donald Trump will tout his deal to stop nearly a thousand Carrier jobs from moving to Mexico. But at a ball bearing plant just a mile away, hundreds of Hoosiers may soon lose their jobs.

In October, the Rexnord Corp. announced it "tentatively decided" to move its Indianapolis operation to another one of its facilities, in Mexico.

Closing the plant would cost 350 workers their jobs, the union representing employees there told ABC News. The move is anticipated to happen sometime in the spring next year.

Rexnord has not responded to ABC News' requests for comment.

The president of the Indiana AFL-CIO, Brett Voorhies, started his career at Rexnord and has friends and family members who work at the plant. He told ABC News that people are happy for their friends at Carrier but wish Trump could help them too.

"It's really sad," Voorhies said. "They're looking out the window and seeing what's going on at Carrier, and they're happy for their brothers and sisters, but they're thinking, 'Why can't you do this for us as well? Are you able to save my life too, Mr. President?'"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/do...ny/story?id=43905325
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Again, I wonder why you weren't concerned with holding any of the democrats accountable for the past 8 years but now you demand we hold Trump accountable (even before he takes up residency in the white house). Hypocrite much?

Deflecting still. sad... you have nothing other than "look at Obama and Hillary".... seriously... that is weak.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep hearing lots of Hillary supporters like Jaski saying that this is a bad deal for the country, but by my simple math I can't help but see it as a huge win. 7 million of tax incentives spread out over 10 years, saving the jobs of 1,000 workers. This comes to a mere $700 a worker, who are now gainfully employed for the next 10 years and will be paying far more back into the federal coffers through income tax, and supporting the economy through their pay check. Had they been forced onto federal assistance, the cost to the tax payer would have been a whole lot higher than a mere $700 per worker. I know guys in Jaski would love to see American's unemployed and dependent on government handouts, because it would mean they would be voting for his party - the guys who have created the current government run system of enslavement. But for other who wish to have the dignity of having a job, this is a huge win. Good jump Trump.
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

I keep hearing lots of Hillary supporters like Jaski saying that this is a bad deal for the country, but by my simple math I can't help but see it as a huge win. 7 million of tax incentives spread out over 10 years, saving the jobs of 1,000 workers. This comes to a mere $700 a worker, who are now gainfully employed for the next 10 years and will be paying far more back into the federal coffers through income tax, and supporting the economy through their pay check. Had they been forced onto federal assistance, the cost to the tax payer would have been a whole lot higher than a mere $700 per worker. I know guys in Jaski would love to see American's unemployed and dependent on government handouts, because it would mean they would be voting for his party - the guys who have created the current government run system of enslavement. But for other who wish to have the dignity of having a job, this is a huge win. Good jump Trump.

Federal and State assistance for corporations... Trump just set the way of doing business in America. Next, carrier will say they need more money or they will move operations. Wall Street is back baby... with government hand outs!

So, did you support the bailout of the auto industry?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Union didn't save anything here. As a matter of fact, I was hearing on CNBC that Unions (which didn't support Trump, but are in fact in the back pocket of the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton) are deathly afraid of what Trump and Pence just did. They bypassed the Unions, negotiated the deal for the people, making the Unions irrelevant for anything, as they are now.

I am not a trump or Hillary supporter, I did not cast a vote for any of the candidates who were running for president. So Hillary nor trump got my vote, or any of the other idiots who were running.

Don't read something into what I wrote that ain't there. None of the people running were worth voting for as president. Now the other local candidates I did vote for, just not a presidential candidate.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then why do Unions fund Dumbocrats, and fund Dumbocratic candidates ?
Clinton did NAFTA. The Dumbs tax and regulate businesses out of the country, and then the Dumbs, with union backing, want to raise the minimum wage. Making jobs go offshore/to another country (Mexico).

How on earth Steve could you think unions are fighting to keep jobs here, . The unions favor Dumbocrats because unions flourish themselves when the Dumbs are in power. The unions, like the Dumbs, need people to need them.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Clinton did NAFTA. The Dumbs tax and regulate businesses out of the country, and then the Dumbs, with union backing, want to raise the minimum wage. Making jobs go offshore/to another country (Mexico).

How on earth Steve could you think unions are fighting to keep jobs here, . The unions favor Dumbocrats because unions flourish themselves when the Dumbs are in power. The unions, like the Dumbs, need people to need them.

I hate to brake the bad news to you and many others, but the unions give money to both sides of the election, hoping no matter who gets in they have some pull because of those moneys.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

The largest unions and the only one that has growing memberships are government employee unions.

Where is the the evil bad exploitative slave driving corporate boss in government?

Let's not forget professional sports players unions and movie actor guild unions.

I guess they are good at getting a thug, bad hygiene, full tat on crazy spoiled revolutionary like Colin Kaepernick millions of dollars to hardly play football and has long past his peak in performance to keep having a job on the sidelines. I guess unions are good at that.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I see is proof that cutting taxes on big business is good for everyone. Carrier stays and now there are over 1000 American families who can continue to pay income tax and sales tax, and will not need public assistance. It is a win/win all around.

Tax incentives are nothing new. This time it benefits the common man.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Deflecting still. sad... you have nothing other than "look at Obama and Hillary".... seriously... that is weak.

LOL. Obuma and Hillary spent 8 years railing on Bush. Obuma is the current president and responsible for the last 8 years of blunders. Hillary as Secretary of State, also did her own share of blunders. Neither did any good for Americans in general. Trump isnt even president yet, but the Hillary/Obuma lovers have to jump on anything that isnt doing THEM any good. Thats hippocracy at its best. Just shut up and sit back and enjoy what a good economy will do for you starting in a few months.

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Federal and State assistance for corporations... Trump just set the way of doing business in America. Next, carrier will say they need more money or they will move operations. Wall Street is back baby... with government hand outs!

So, did you support the bailout of the auto industry?

No I didn't support the auto bailout. What Obama did was essentially nationalize GM and Chrysler, taking control and putting in place their own CEO picks and as new owner of the manufacturer setting his own agenda for the two companies. These two companies were driven to the verge of bankruptcy by a series of bad decisions. This is a far cry from easing the strangling taxes on a successful company to help keep them in the States. Hopefully when he is president, he can extend these cuts to all companies to both help keep them in the country and ensure their profitability (I know, an evil word to you socialists).
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bailout saved a ton of jobs and kept people (including retirees) off of government assistance... JUST like what you said Trump did (on a MUCH smaller scale).... Hmmm...

What other promises did Carrier and Trump give to each other? No transparency, so, we won't know.

Are you saying Carrier didn't make bad decisions, which put them into this position? Seems they did... stay and lose money, or move to Mexico for higher profits.

BTW....

The federal bailout of General Motors Co, Chrysler and parts suppliers in 2009 saved 1.5 million U.S. jobs and preserved $105.3 billion in personal and social insurance tax collections...

No I didn't support the auto bailout. What Obama did was essentially nationalize GM and Chrysler, taking control and putting in place their own CEO picks and as new owner of the manufacturer setting his own agenda for the two companies. These two companies were driven to the verge of bankruptcy by a series of bad decisions. This is a far cry from easing the strangling taxes on a successful company to help keep them in the States. Hopefully when he is president, he can extend these cuts to all companies to both help keep them in the country and ensure their profitability (I know, an evil word to you socialists).

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 12-02-2016).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
LOL... yeah... blunders Seems like the economy is doing pretty well considering the Bush recession. So well, that people are buying $100K+ Teslas.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

LOL. Obuma and Hillary spent 8 years railing on Bush. Obuma is the current president and responsible for the last 8 years of blunders. Hillary as Secretary of State, also did her own share of blunders. Neither did any good for Americans in general. Trump isnt even president yet, but the Hillary/Obuma lovers have to jump on anything that isnt doing THEM any good. Thats hippocracy at its best. Just shut up and sit back and enjoy what a good economy will do for you starting in a few months.

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL... yeah... blunders Seems like the economy is doing pretty well considering the Bush recession. So well, that people are buying $100K+ Teslas.

The Clinton Housing Bill recession that was blamed on Bush 2?
The recession that was enabled by the Dems blocking Bush (several times) from investigating Fanny and Freddy?

You are a record stuck in one groove. Move on.

How much is the subsidy on Teslas again?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 12-02-2016).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The Clinton Housing Bill recession that was blamed on Bush 2?
The recession that was enabled by the Dems blocking Bush (several times) from investigating Fanny and Freddy?

You are a record stuck in one groove. Move on.

Bush was president.... he take the blame, just like Roger blaming Obama. Trump takes the credit for taxpayer donations to Carrier... hmmm... will he take the blame for the other companies that go to Mexico?

But I know how this forum works... everyone circle up and begin...

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Facts are facts. Intelligent and attentive minds look at the underlying events and the historical record to form their conclusions.
Placing blame has little merit. Understanding events to learn how mistakes are made enables good decisions to be made in response to current challenges.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Facts are facts. Intelligent and attentive minds look at the underlying events and the historical record to form their conclusions.
Placing blame has little merit. Understanding events to learn how mistakes are made enables good decisions to be made in response to current challenges.

Since you are taking this off-topic....

Bush...

Iraq (unfunded war, which we are still dealing with)
Tax cuts
Higher spending
Inability to pass regulation
No energy policy

Now Bush wasn't the sole problem, but he did little to acknowledge, prepare or fix the issues (underlying events).
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2016 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So. before becoming President, he has already at the very least worked toward saving American jobs. A good start at filling in a very deep hole. I hope that he can keep up this momentum.

Where has Hillary been?

What good has she done since forced retirement?

Who is she helping?

Are jobs saved due to her?

Is she just taking time off from being a leader?

The talk about how Trump has done nothing for the company across the street can continue. I believe that he is working toward a goal. No goal that is worthy is met within a few days. Our society is so instant now that we cannot see past the minute. There is no long term. No future goals. Why, when everything we receive is instant?

There is a structure in our society that feels that sitting and playing video games/texts/app/data is more important than reality. Never leaving home. Just wearing out chairs and keyboards. They will be easy to pick off due to lack of natural abilities and understanding. There will not be much meat on these creatures of the basement, but the fatty oils will make great torches to plunder the land by night.

Good luck President Trump.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not really off topic IMO, for just about any conversation

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Bailout saved a ton of jobs and kept people (including retirees) off of government assistance... JUST like what you said Trump did (on a MUCH smaller scale).... Hmmm...

What other promises did Carrier and Trump give to each other? No transparency, so, we won't know.

The ends don't always justify the means. Plus, sometimes "the ends" are somewhat temporary.

Transparency, yes that would be a good thing I agree.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hate to brake the bad news to you and many others, but the unions give money to both sides of the election, hoping no matter who gets in they have some pull because of those moneys.

Dig deeper Steve. Funding is documented. What kind of pull would you have with me if you donated to my enemy, at a greater margin ?

The largest unions and the only one that has growing memberships are government employee unions.

Yep, union lockstep monkeys.

Where is the the evil bad exploitative slave driving corporate boss in government?

If anything, government has put in multiple protections against evil bad exploitative slave driving corporate bosses. Child labor, OSHA standards, and many more.

Originally posted by williegoat:
What I see is proof that cutting taxes on big business is good for everyone. Carrier stays and now there are over 1000 American families who can continue to pay income tax and sales tax, and will not need public assistance. It is a win/win all around.

Tax incentives are nothing new. This time it benefits the common man.

Why confuse them with common sense ? You know they don't have any. They champion the auto bailout. They champion the bank bail out. They think they have a wedge.

No I didn't support the auto bailout. What Obama did was essentially nationalize GM and Chrysler, taking control and putting in place their own CEO picks and as new owner of the manufacturer setting his own agenda for the two companies.

Let me fix that for 'ya.
Pricks

You left out the part where the Nobama regime stiffed the investors, wiped out their owned return of interest.

No transparency, so, we won't know.

We will never know, unless, we can find out whose basement they are keeping their private server in.

Are you saying Carrier didn't make bad decisions, which put them into this position? Seems they did... stay and lose money, or move to Mexico for higher profits.

Stay and lose money ? Did 'ga mean stay and be taxed out of money ? Stay and be regulated out of money ? Stay and be made uncompetitive by gooobermant mandated wage controls ?
Where is your free market spirit ?

Seems like the economy is doing pretty well considering the Bush recession. So well, that people are buying $100K+ Teslas.

Don't blame it on Bush. Blame it on me. I bought a home that I could pay for in 2004. The recession started when ? When the Dumbocratic "anyone should be able to buy a house on credit" laws floated. That was 1998. For those weasels to get the law passed, they had to agree that risky loans could be bundled, with good ones. To lesson the risk pool. The weasels allowed Wall Street to gamble on the risk.
What person in their right mind, besides you, would make a risky loan ?

Placing blame has little merit.

But, but, I am a racist, a homophobe, a sexist, and a whole bunch of 'ism's. I am to blame, .

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35965 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Bush...

Tax cuts
Higher spending
No energy policy

Can you handle off-topic ?

Where is Nobama's funding for doubling the National Debt ?
Spending more money than every other President combined ?

Do you remember the Nobama energy policy ?

jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bush...

Tax cuts
Higher spending
No energy policy

Now Bush wasn't the sole problem, but he did little to acknowledge, prepare or fix the issues (underlying events).

An you are opposed to the only candidate
that could stop the Democratic party from
doubling down on Obama's performance
which was, as well, a double down of Bush
policies on

Foreign entanglements
Higher spending
Inability to pass regulation (executive orders don't count)
No energy policy (anti energy is worse than no energy)
Nationalizing (unfunded healthcare)

PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EOs count.
No boots on ground.
Energy policy exists - "The Energy Policy of the Obama administration, stated on U.S. President Barack Obama's website, lists the guiding principles of the administration regarding energy and the environment. They include creating new "clean energy" jobs and technologies, making America more energy independent, and reducing carbon emissions."
ACA - "Not all states adopted the Medicaid expansions of the ACA as was originally intended in the law. ... A study examined the economic effects of the Affordable Care Act. Researchers found states that opted to expand Medicaid through Obamacare had residents with fewer unpaid bills and less debt overall."
Regulations? Obama passed a ton of them... it even made BreitBart.com...

Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Originally posted by jmclemore:

An you are opposed to the only candidate
that could stop the Democratic party from
doubling down on Obama's performance
which was, as well, a double down of Bush
policies on

Foreign entanglements
Higher spending
Inability to pass regulation (executive orders don't count)
No energy policy (anti energy is worse than no energy)
Nationalizing (unfunded healthcare)

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ACA - "Not all states adopted the Medicaid expansions of the ACA as was originally intended in the law. ... A study examined the economic effects of the Affordable Care Act. Researchers found states that opted to expand Medicaid through Obamacare had residents with fewer unpaid bills and less debt overall."

It must have took a lot of spin and disregard for other numbers to come to that stat.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

It must have took a lot of spin and disregard for other numbers to come to that stat.

Just like how spending taxpayer money to "save" 1000 jobs is now, magically, ok to the anti-Obama crowd...

When Obama saves millions of jobs, he is a socialist... Trump (Pence).... saves 1000 jobs he is hailed as someone who does what couldn't be done. Hmmm... yeah..

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just like how spending taxpayer monet to "save" 1000 jobs is now, magically, ok to the anti-Obama crowd...

You know what went on, even though there is not transparency, as you said?
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While good news came Thursday for hundreds of workers at Carrier's Indianapolis plant, nearly 600 workers will still be losing their jobs as Carrier ships them off to Mexico by the end of 2017.

In a letter distributed to employees on Thursday, the company said that they will still be moving forward with their plans to relocate the fan coil manufacturing lines to their Monterrey, Mexico facility.

"We are moving forward with our previously announced plans to relocate the fan coil manufacturing lines, with expected completion by the end of 2017."

The United Steel Workers Union Local 1999 told RTV6 the company said 600 jobs would be relocating across the border.

Negotiations between the company and the union will begin soon, but no date has been set.

http://www.theindychannel.c...exico-by-end-of-2017

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.theindychannel.c...exico-by-end-of-2017

From 2000 to 600 then? Is Trump to blame then for the 600?
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From 2000 to 600 then? Is Trump to blame then for the 600?

This became "his" when he got involved.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This became "his" when he got involved.

1400 jobs
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1400 jobs

wow.... a whole 1400. What no parade? LOL.

So... if a president can save 1400 jobs, imagine what you would think of a president who saved 1.5M jobs.

Give it a year and we will really see what happens. Carrier just didn't say "hey, you know, you have a good idea, let's stay in the US".

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock