Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Pennock's I need your help with my other hobby (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pennock's I need your help with my other hobby by Curlrup
Started on: 11-17-2014 07:36 AM
Replies: 126 (1362 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 12-08-2014 11:27 PM
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello! Well besides my 2 Fieros I have another hobby...R2D2. You know this guy

That is my screen accurate fully functional (well rado controled) R2 unit. I built him from scratch. Oh yeah and that is Space Shuttle Discovery behind him. He is about 20% 3D printed. He goes to a lot of events for kids. Like Air and Scare at the Smithsonian's Udvar Hazy Center. Here is the line of kids to meet R2 at the last Air and Scare.

So what do I need help with? Well kids are tough on R2. Really tough. Lets face it. Some parents suck. So when little Jonny is kicking and twisting every little knob they can find on R2 he gets broken. So I entered a contest to win a new 3D printer. I already have one but it is getting old, and I could use more capacity. I can win by having people vote for my project here.

https://www.tabsite.com/404...=false&entry=1045959

You need a Facebook account. You can also vote every 24 hours. I need to retake the lead and hold it until Friday night. I would really appreciate any votes. Also if I win hit me up for some Fiero parts. There has to be somethign you could 3D print for a Fiero.

Thanks Folks!!

Curly/Brad
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done. 240 votes now.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 11-17-2014).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curlrup:
You need a Facebook account.

Sorry Brad. I ain't gonna do it.
I will get the wife to do it though.
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff! Thank you all. I had been leading for the longest time but that Barn Owl Bobble head guy came up fast. Ineed to take the lead and hold it until Friday night. You can vote every 24 hours. Much appreciated.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done, 249 now !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you belong to any prop forums? I betcha you could get help from there!!!
I'll vote later in today when I get a chance
Good luck!

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 11-17-2014).]

Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am part of the R2D2 builders club. They are voting as well. I'm back in the lead 256 to 252. I am only up by 4. Remember to vote again in 24 hours. That Barn Owl guy is tough to shake. THANK YOU!!!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When is voting over ?
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

When is voting over ?

Friday night. So it is important eveyone votes after 24 hours to keep the numbers up there. Thanks again!
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done. 271 Votes now.
PFF
System Bot
DANGERUS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DANGERUSSend a Private Message to DANGERUSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another one for ya! Cool R2D2!
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DANGERUS:

Another one for ya! Cool R2D2!

Thanks. 80% laser cut styrene, 20% 3D printed. 100% awesome. People, especially kids love him. You should see kids faces when they see him. It is like they just met one of their heroes in person. It has been tough staying on top of the heap. Thanks for giving me that edge.

Plans for next year with R2 are some minor league baseball games, some Star Wars Reads events at local librarys, and possibly, I would like to get some of the guys from the builders club to visit a childerns hospital. Makes all the work worth it.

Remember to vote in 24 hours again!

Thank you!!
Nazareth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
up to 290
Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for one vote. Gotta support the home team.
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Remember this contest is until Friday 11:50 CT. You can vote every 24 hours. So vote often. I really appreciate it!
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Voted. Keep this thread bumped up, and that will remind me to keep voting till Friday.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I voted this morning before I went to work. I'll try to remember to do it again each day before I head out in the morning.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-17-2014).]

Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

I voted this morning before I went to work. I'll try to remember to do it again each day before I head out in the morning.

You guys ROCK!!! Thank you! I will desin something to print for you guys. Something Fiero-ish. Thank you!!
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
309 to 287, good job guys!
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WooHoo! You guys really gave me an edge today to pull ahead. Thank you so much for your help!
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DUDE....I DONT KNOW if I can find them, but suppesdly still exists (if they didnt get sold) is original, brand-new-in-the-box R2D2 (Radio control), C3P0, LiteSabres, Action figures, X-wing and Tie fighter toys right from the original release

Back then, Mom won a radio station give-away and me and my brother (I was 10 in 1977, he was 7) got HUGE box (36" per side square) full of every single toy Star Wars could market---mom promply took them from us (yeh, we had a mean mother about toys, ours comes from used shops, even xmas, and new gets re-gifted to save money)....but I think at least one of those Star Wars boxes might have been saved for "future gifting" and gotten lost in her pack-ratting.

I'll look up in the attic rafters and see what I can find, if its there I can scann and send the manual for the original radio-control R2D2. Probably some Star Wars trading cards from 77 around too, just gotta find them. I found my collection of CFL (candian football) cards from back then ONLY after we took Dad's bed downstairs because of his cancer----there were 20 shoeboxes of "stuff" under there that hadnt been moved since the house was bought in 1988.....those were my cards, all the other kids were putting them in bike spokes and I was saving them

So whats a Canadian gonna offer for a PERFECT Hamilton Ti-Cat card ???? (probably nothing, Canadians are too smart to spend money on cards )

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-17-2014).]

Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neato! That stuff is worth way more than I can afford. Sell to someone with some cash. Guys we are tied up this morning. Remember to vote. Thank you all.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
voted, find some starwars forums... and post there... the force is stong with them.
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

voted, find some starwars forums... and post there... the force is stong with them.

Indeed. Thank you!!!
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
voted again. Keep reminding us.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Guys we are tied up this morning. Remember to vote. Thank you all.

You kinky devil you, does the wife know ?

340 now !
How's the score?

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 11-18-2014).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

voted again. Keep reminding us.

Same here .
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried voting again but it wouldn't let me (I did it yesterday too).
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I tried voting again but it wouldn't let me (I did it yesterday too).

Maybe not 24 hours yet? SOme people have mentioned voting twice in a row by using the facebook app on their phone....tricky.
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curlrup

2590 posts
Member since Apr 2007
Also....THANK YOU!
PFF
System Bot
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curlrup

2590 posts
Member since Apr 2007
Barn Owl guy jumped in the lead again. I really dislike that guy.
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just hooked you up, you're one vote down now.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Barn owl is behind by just a few votes now.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll download the Facebook app on my phone when I get home and see if that really works. I'll also jump on my wife's computer and have here toss you a vote as often as I can from here account if it will allow to.
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! That Barn owl guy is tough to shake. Thanks for giving me the edge!
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curlrup

2590 posts
Member since Apr 2007
Man I am barely keeping ahead of the second place guy. He is relentless. Can any of they share the contest and the jist on your FB pages? I know I am asking a lot. Thanks
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keep reminding me. I'll vote. But I forget easily.

Brad
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man I am barely keeping ahead of the second place guy. He is relentless. Can any of they share the contest and the jist on your FB pages? I know I am asking a lot. Thanks

I have zero fb friends, but I've been voting...

Good luck!!!
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

I have zero fb friends, but I've been voting...

Good luck!!!

Awww thanks man. If you want I will be your friend.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock