Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Tony Stewart hits/kills fellow Sprint car driver (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Tony Stewart hits/kills fellow Sprint car driver by Monkeyman
Started on: 08-10-2014 04:51 AM
Replies: 144 (2651 views)
Last post by: spark1 on 08-17-2014 05:11 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looked like Stewart ran Ward into the wall. Ward gets out of his car and runs into traffic to confront Stewart (who does that in the middle of a race???) who then hits and kills him. Tempers/stupidity on both sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJdBd0437U

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very little can be told from the short narrow range video, other than some idiot got out of his race car, and was running around in the middle of a race track. If he had stayed in his car till safety crew arrived, he's still be alive today.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Very little can be told from the short narrow range video, other than some idiot got out of his race car, and was running around in the middle of a race track. If he had stayed in his car till safety crew arrived, he's still be alive today.

Looks like Ward tried to pass on the outside exiting a turn on dirt.
Should have stayed in his car until crews were able to get him off the track
Tragic but preventable

Its a dangerous sport, thats why there are rules and safety equipment.
RIP
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to go to that track when I lived in upstate NY. It is a nice dirt track. But the idiot driver that gets out his wrecked race car and runs into traffic, what else would you expect.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a big Tony Stewart fan - ever since his IRL/Indycar days. So because of this I often look at incidents involving Stewart with rose colored glasses.

I know Stewart has a temper, and many are saying this was an intentional hit. Whether it be intentional or not it was incredibly stupid for Kevin Ward to not only exit his vehicle with it still out on the track when there was no imminent danger to himself, but then subsequently WALK down near in the middle of the track. Even in the most amateur forms of motor sports you are always instructed to never disembark from your vehicle in most all accident situations without assistance unless there is an immediate threat to your life (fire, etc), and even if you do leave the vehicle you immediately leave the track. A confrontation of that manner could have taken place after the race, where Ward could have addressed the incident.

Now regardless of what else happens, Ward is dead, and Stewart has to live with having killed him on track.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.foxnews.com/spor...at-dirt-track-event/

National press picked up on the story.
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The disturbing part of this video is Tony appears to swerve TOWARDS Ward... Now this could be because of the video angle or God knows what other reason, but I hope it wasn't intentional no matter how dumb it was for Ward to confront Tony on the track.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I havent seen anything yet, im sure it will be on the prerace show. Its very possible Tony being behind the car that swerved to miss the guy just didnt see him in time. Its STUPID to get out of a car until track safety people are there. I even think they should leave their window nets up till the track people arrive. Ive hit tire pieces and other stuff in the road when a car in front of me swerved to miss it and I didnt see it in time.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was just announced Stewart will not race at Watkins Glen. Regan Smith is going to drive in his place.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One report said that Ward was hit by the rear wheel of Stewart's car. If Stewart had steered left, to try to miss him, it's possible the rear swung to the right and clipped him.

Regardless, you have to be a fool to walk out into traffic during a race. It goes against every rule that I've ever heard. (And against my sense of self preservation.)
I used to work corners at Road Atlanta. There was an order in which things got "worried about". Especially during an incident.
1. Yourself.
2. Your co-workers.
3. Traffic.
4. The racecar.
In NO case, was it ever permissible to walk out into traffic.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-10-2014).]

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Stewart has to live with having killed him on track.

He won't give a sh!t. He will put the blame on the other guy no matter what is decided and claim there was nothing he could do to avoid him.

As I said in the other thread, he is a dick. Always has been, always will be.

Kevin

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eyewitness account:

Tyler Graves, a sprint-car racer and friend of Ward's, told Sporting News in a phone interview that he was sitting in the Turn 1 grandstands and saw everything that happened.

"Tony pinched him into the frontstretch wall, a racing thing," Graves said. "The right rear tire went down, he spun on the exit of (Turn) 2. They threw the caution and everything was toned down. Kevin got out of his car. … He was throwing his arms up all over the place at Tony for most of the corner.

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."

Rich Willis, who was at the track, said he didn’t see exactly what happened but his sister down in Turn 1 did. His description was similar to that of Graves and video of the tragedy showed Stewart's car hitting Ward.

“People (who could see it better) said the guy got out of his car and was gesturing angrily at Tony Stewart when Tony Stewart came by during the next lap under yellow,” Willis said in a phone interview. “He approached him and evidently when he was driving by the guy standing on the track gesturing at him, he gunned his engine.

“What happened was the back end kicked out and clipped the guy and the guy flew across the track.”

Graves said it appeared to him that Stewart swerved before gunning the engine but he did not believe it was intentional.

"You never mean to do something like that," Graves said. "Kevin was pissed and he let Tony know. And Tony was trying to give the message back that he wasn't happy either. He went over the line with it."

http://www.sportingnews.com...kins-glen-kevin-ward

But.............all Tony has to dois say "I feared for mah life" and he will be exonerated of all liability, with a hearty round of high fives all around.
"It works for us and it will work for you"

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-10-2014).]

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This Tony Stewart guy is an idiot. Even more so than the other idiot who ran on the track (rip). Probably should be involuntary manslaughter. But eh, $$$$$.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Manslaughter charges?
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Manslaughter charges?

Involuntary manslaughter. IF what the video appears to show, and what witnesses describe, it's textbook involuntary manslaughter.

Of course he didn't mean to kill him, just scare him, maybe just make him fall over.

Same thing would be if I wanted to scare someone and shot over their head, but that person jumped, or I was bumped. I didn't mean to kill them, but my actions meant that they could be killed.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

He won't give a sh!t. He will put the blame on the other guy no matter what is decided and claim there was nothing he could do to avoid him.

As I said in the other thread, he is a dick. Always has been, always will be.

Kevin

Exactly, complete prick shithead. I'm surprised he didn't get out and throw a tantrum about his car being damaged by Ward's body.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-10-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you watch the video number 14 Stewart runs the kid into the bank, causing the wreck, not intentionally I am sure then the kid, like a kid goes spastic and try's to point at a couple of cars as they pass him then Stewart runs into him. watch 6 seconds into the video and you will see what I am talking about.

The kid should never have gotten out of the car, isn't that a cardinal rule of racing?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that and slow down in a yellow, especially when you are the one that caused the yellow and knows EXACTLY where the disabled vehicle is located--since yur the one that put it there.
The wreck is irrelevant--part of racing for the biggest part.
Being an idiot under a yellow is not, but then too, I have to remember, that morons abound.
The video is pretty damning.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

Involuntary manslaughter. IF what the video appears to show, and what witnesses describe, it's textbook involuntary manslaughter.

Of course he didn't mean to kill him, just scare him, maybe just make him fall over.

Same thing would be if I wanted to scare someone and shot over their head, but that person jumped, or I was bumped. I didn't mean to kill them, but my actions meant that they could be killed.

It would be voluntary manslaughter if Tony, under heated provocation decided to clip him or buzz by him.

Killing him may have been an accident, but hitting him was not.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hero Stewart

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully some better footage comes out..

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 08-10-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not saying Stewart is blameless, but Ward jumping out of his car and running INTO traffic like that was just asking to be hit.
At best I see this as mutual fault, from what little I've seen.

Tragic. Stupid, but tragic.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seen some footage. Stewart steered away from him, but he caught the back tire that sticks out farther than any other part of the car. Police as of 4pm sunday, say no charges are expected. I raced. When you enter the track/pits, you sign an injury/death waiver. Racing is dangerous, especially when you do bonehead moves like walk onto an active racetrack. Someone might find one, but I dont ever remember of a single race accident that found a driver or a track responsible for a death where charges or money settlements took place. You (as a driver/crewman) are also responsible for your own medical bills if your taken off track. Nothing happened to anyone even when one of Bill Elliott's pit crew was crushed and killed instantly by another speeding car in the pits. They did however change the rules at every track limiting speed on pit road because of it. Lots of people dont like Stewart because like me, he says what he thinks and dont give a crap what anyone else thinks about him.My 2 fav Nascar drivers are Stewart and Brad Keselowski (also disliked because he says his mind). What you had was what happens here a lot...20 year old hothead know it all going to show the old man whos smarter. The dumb one found out. Condolences to Wards family.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the video I've seen, it appears that Stewart purposely ran into him and ran him over.

The other cars where purposely avoiding the crash scene. Tony was not.

http://www.nationalledger.c...charges-120008.shtml

While a criminal charge might not be done on Stewart, but I hope Ward's family sues Stewart for every penny he's got.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Lots of people dont like Stewart because like me, he says what he thinks and dont give a crap what anyone else thinks about him. My 2 fav Nascar drivers are Stewart and Brad Keselowski (also disliked because he says his mind).

Speaking one's mind is not necessarily an admirable quality. IMO, it depends more on what is being stated.

I don't know any of these people involved, so I have no preconceived ideas about who is good or bad or right or wrong... and I have no desire to watch the video.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im in the same boat as some of the others that have already commented.

Ward got out of his car during a race and started walking on the track.

Simple as that, imagine in NASCAR if someone got out of there vehicle and walked on the track. I mean your literally saying "Hey come hit me." If it was intentional, not intentional, or maybe he wanted to just scare Ward. None the less, Ward died (R.I.P) and the media is going to go insane with this. I can see the headlines now:

"Race car driver brutally murdered."

"Death of legendary race car driver, who's fault was it?"

"How one man flew 50 feet, story at 10."

------------------
Take a corner at 130, and you'll understand the term "dirty."

Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure looks/sounds like he gunned the throttle fishtailed it on the clay a bit and ran the guy over to me..

Guys an idiot for walking into oncoming traffic and pointing at cars like a tough guy though..

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 08-10-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you guys are expert enough to tell WHAT car engine you can hear ? You have no idea where the mic was...a guy could have revved his engine on pit road. Now, that said....I started out driving supermodifieds in Oklahoma....they are what sprint cars are elsewhere in the country. You do more turning with throttle than the steering wheel. SOOO...IF he gunned the engine, he may have been just trying to turn it left. Steering wheel is of little use at speed when one or both front wheels are not even on the ground. Im not saying this is what happened, just what does happen. Stewart was on a caution lap in the middle of other traffic all going the caution speed limit in this case. There were cars in front and behind him. The best judge here would be the next car behind Stewart.

No one can sue anyone if there are no charges. Like I said drivers and crew all sign waivers that they may be injured or killed and accept the risk when they pay and walk in the gate. If I remember it says even the same thing on spectator tickets. Now if Stewart carried a gun and shot the other driver, or intentionally sabotaged his car to kill him, that would be the only way anyone could charge him with anything.

Even people driving on the street cant be charged with anything if someone walks intentionally out on the street in front of them and gets run over. They dont even get a ticket unless they were breaking a traffic law.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 08-10-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

The video looks damning. I'm sure no charges will be pressed for reasons stated above.

Bonehead or not, the key word is deliberate.

Keslowski speaks his mind. I have no problem with that. The problem is, he usually doesn't get his facts straight first. Telling Penske he'd show him how to win a championship blew up in Brad's face when Brad missed the chase. Penske made numerous apologies for Brad's mouth, and had to have a come to Jesus talk with him.

Tony has always been hot-headed. Usually, it's just immature, on the order of temper tantrums. Throwing his helmet was funny, though. There's a case of a driver out of the car, though, and Tony wasn't run over. Newmann walking out and shaking his finger at Reutimann didn't get anyone run over. At Wtkins Glen today, how many drivers exited their car before the safety crews arrived? Several.

Emotions run high during competition. Tony loves to run his mouth. The incident with Logano comes to mind. Tony loves to slam things--helmets, tools, whatever is handy. I guess adding competitors to the list isn't a big jump.

Intentional or not, he still killed the guy. Perhaps people will remember that when they make ticket and sponsor purchases. Perhaps not.

Off the track, Tony is quite a guy. Regardless of the outcome, Tony will probably make some effort at amends. I would gess that he'll wait for things to be finalized, though. Double jeopardy.

Killing someone isn't a big deal. Killing a defenseless person is.

The best predictor of someone's behavior is their known past behavior.

I'm not a jock sniffer, so I don't watch or follow spectator racing entertainment.

The only thing I know is Tony Stewart killed someone. We will let the courts handle the judgment.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theres already talk of mandatory rules making the driver stay in the car till told to get out by the safety crew unless he in immenent danger (like fire).

Its true sometimes anger gets the best of anyone at sometimes. Throwing things is an outlet. I cant tell you how many car parts or stuff Ive thrown while working on something. I even remember getting into a shouting match with some yahoo at the car wash about turning down his radio so I could talk on my phone...and ended up throwing a can of soda at his car. He left.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My prediction is that There will probably be no judgement by the courts of law, (at best, negligent homicide or negligent manslaughter--however the statutes are worded in that state) but there will be cercainly be some sort of action by NASCAR and the sponsors.
Of course, by tomorrow morning, all the Stewart fanboys will have circled the wagons and by noon the next day, he will be uniformly declared the real victim in all this and a likely as not, a parade will be held in his honor.

BY GAWD, IT"S A MIRACLE!!--Stewtwat gets out of his car and throws a glove at Irwin, they are under yellow, cars are driving by the wreck location and not a single driver ran him over!!! How can that be possible??
Praise the lord!!!

morons abound

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Theres already talk of mandatory rules making the driver stay in the car till told to get out by the safety crew unless he in immenent danger (like fire).

Its true sometimes anger gets the best of anyone at sometimes. Throwing things is an outlet. I cant tell you how many car parts or stuff Ive thrown while working on something. I even remember getting into a shouting match with some yahoo at the car wash about turning down his radio so I could talk on my phone...and ended up throwing a can of soda at his car. He left.

You shulda just ran him over. It would have served him right for interrupting your phone call.

Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how this will play ouy. I mean the death intentional or not there where many things that went wrong. I still dont understand why these big time racers feel the need they need to race in these races. I understand the need to race but we really need to keep levels of racing separate. This is like a major league baseball player going to play single a for some more bat time.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MarryJane, You are just all kinds of stupid.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

You shulda just ran him over. It would have served him right for interrupting your phone call.

ROTFLMAO
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sonic50:

MarryJane, You are just all kinds of stupid.

Perhaps, but in 64 years, I've never killed anyone with a vehicle.

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting out of your car and running on the track like an idiot is a big time no-no. Yes Tony is guilty of doing it but he has been smart enough to not get hit. The visibility out of the right side of these cars at nigh it very poor. Add slung mud and dirt on a visor and a black drivers suit and I can see why this happened. Its a shame the man died but if you are going to be dumb you better be tough.

This video is an ok example of what its like to ride in one of these cars. This track is very well lit. I tried to find one with the camera mounted on the right side of the car but didn't see any. I guess its a crappy angle because of the view (giant wing side panel blocks the view) Granted they were at pace speed but still that's like 50 mph.

Hopefully Tony returns to racing and can be competitive.

------------------
ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

[This message has been edited by FIEROPHREK (edited 08-10-2014).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Evidently, ALL the OTHER drivers were somehow able to kick on a radar or sonar to overcome that bad right side visibility.........
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Evidently, ALL the OTHER drivers were somehow able to kick on a radar or sonar to overcome that bad right side visibility.........

It helps if "someone" doesn't try to get in your face while you're still driving.

Sorry. I don't for a minute think that Stewart would intentionally run someone down. Think about that. Really?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock