Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Tony Stewart hits/kills fellow Sprint car driver (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Tony Stewart hits/kills fellow Sprint car driver by Monkeyman
Started on: 08-10-2014 04:51 AM
Replies: 144 (2652 views)
Last post by: spark1 on 08-17-2014 05:11 PM
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Evidently, ALL the OTHER drivers were somehow able to kick on a radar or sonar to overcome that bad right side visibility.........

Well Ward wasn't interested in the other drivers. For some reason he though Tony Wronged him. You can't make the pass don't force it, you'll only get stuffed. Was Tony driving in his mirror? NOPE no mirrors on sprint cars. There is no such thing as blocking because you can't see behind you. Like I said Dark track Black suit and a guy wanting a piece. Looks like he got more than he could handle. You don't play chicken with an 800 hp sprint car. Sorry.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the videos--the other cars got around the dumb kid easily enough by taking the lower line. They all had the same view including Stewart, but Stewart knew exactly where the wreck was since he was involved in it. The fact that the rescue truck came rolling in within a blink of an eye after Stewart ran over the guy tells you how far into the yellow they were.
The wreck itself (again) is unimportant. That part, is just racing, and the rookie acted the same kind of fool Stewart has on several occasions.

Here's Stewart's words after the helmet throwing incident 2 years ago:
(He's talking about running into the back of a car--not running over someone on foot)

"I checked up twice not to run over him. And I learned my lesson there, and I'm going to run over him every chance I got until the end of the year. Every chance I got."
DanDamage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Stewart vs Tony Kania, thats a match I'd pay to see. lol sorry jk

Roger your definitely one of the cooler guys , in my eyes, around here, I cant believe you lost your cool and threw a SODA CAN at a random car. Man I thought I had a bad temper , mellow out brotha man!

As of the race. I cannot tell whether it was intentional or not. Kinda coincidental how it was only Stewart that was out of the pack line. Hmmmm. Also his track record does not help him. Where are our jailhouse lawyers when you need em?

i would not be surprised if a member of Wards family killed Stewart out of revenge

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 08-10-2014).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Looked like Stewart ran Ward into the wall. Ward gets out of his car and runs into traffic to confront Stewart (who does that in the middle of a race???) who then hits and kills him. Tempers/stupidity on both sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJdBd0437U

I gotta be honest, your thread title is pretty condemning. A driver got out of his car while on the track and was hit by another car.

------------------
Ron
Count Down to A Better America: http://countingdownto.com/countdown/196044
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the legal analysts that I just saw them interview says that he is expecting a 2nd degree manslaughter charge. He said that they already had people who witnessed the accident from another angle and the car made no attempt to avoid Ward as well as the allegations that he gunned the motor at the same time. We shall see.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are saying he revved his engine causing his rearend to fishtail out. Probably to fling dirt on him but it went terribly wrong.

I hope justice is done though I don't think Stewart intended to hit him just shake him up. Still, by getting as close to him as he did there is negligent manslaughter at the least.

oh this is just messed up, found this on a Nascar forum. tony stewart, the early years

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 08-11-2014).]

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

They are saying he revved his engine causing his rearend to fishtail out. Probably to fling dirt on him but it went terribly wrong.

I hope justice is done though I don't think Stewart intended to hit him just shake him up. Still, by getting as close to him as he did there is negligent manslaughter at the least.

oh this is just messed up, found this on a Nascar forum. tony stewart, the early years

Tony Stewart is not known for walking away from a fight. I think as you stated that he intended to throw dirt on the other driver but Ward walked further down on the track than Stewart thought. Tragic end to a pissing contest.

Tony Stewart races at these small dirt tracks to increase attendance and generate some interest. This is charity work since he doesn't receive much in return. Still he always races to win.

NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
only person to blame here is the idiot who left his vehicle, period. Everything else is moot beyond that.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You shulda just ran him over. It would have served him right for interrupting your phone call.

I was in my house. They had the radio in their car so loud I couldnt hear my phone in my living room. What would you have done ?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

One of the legal analysts that I just saw them interview says that he is expecting a 2nd degree manslaughter charge. He said that they already had people who witnessed the accident from another angle and the car made no attempt to avoid Ward as well as the allegations that he gunned the motor at the same time. We shall see.

LMAO. Sounds like an ambulance chaser to me.

Witnesses arent worth much. You can do anything right in front of 10 people and get 10 completely different discriptions of what happened. Happens everyday even in baseball, basketball and football.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I was in my house. They had the radio in their car so loud I couldnt hear my phone in my living room. What would you have done ?

I would have shot them dead THEN ran over them.
Then called the popo and say I feared for my life.
PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LMAO. Sounds like an ambulance chaser to me.

Witnesses arent worth much. You can do anything right in front of 10 people and get 10 completely different discriptions of what happened. Happens everyday even in baseball, basketball and football.

Especialy if the witness are anti Stewart. There is alot of animosity toward race car drivers. Some are hated with such passion by rival drivers, fans and families.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or, Especialy if the witness are pro Stewart. There is alot of devout admiration and undying support toward race car drivers. Some are loved, idolized and worshipped with such passion by rival drivers, fans and families.
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or, Especialy if the witness are pro Stewart. There is alot of devout admiration and undying support toward race car drivers. Some are loved, idolized and worshipped with such passion by rival drivers, fans and families.

Very true!

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

only person to blame here is the idiot who left his vehicle, period. Everything else is moot beyond that.

That's what people on here say, but I read an article that drivers always get out of crash vehicle as soon as they can and walk or run away as soon as you can due to probable fires or being crash into again. Then others say (only finding this on PFF posters) you are suppose to remain in the vehicle till help arrives.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

That's what people on here say, but I read an article that drivers always get out of crash vehicle as soon as they can and walk or run away as soon as you can due to probable fires or being crash into again. Then others say (only finding this on PFF posters) you are suppose to remain in the vehicle till help arrives.

I used to race Formula V in SCCA in the late-eighties. While the SCCA instructs you to stay in your car until the safety crews arrive, you feel like getting out of the car as soon as you can. Especially if you're still in the race line or the car is on fire. However, even if you get out of your car, you're supposed to quickly get to a safe spot. Not run into traffic. This guy was stupid on all counts in my opinion. I don't like Tony Stewart. I think he's an arrogant overly-aggressive azz. But this kid neither stayed in his car nor went to a safe place after he got out. I know that Stewart is famous for putting people in the wall. However I think it's quite the leap to say that he went from doing that to deliberately running over someone. I may be proven wrong. But I'm pretty sure there was an in-car camera that they'll confiscate and review. Taking the fans words for it, pro or anti Stewart is just ludicrous because of their extreme bias in either direction. I say wait until the sanctioning body and law officials do their investigation. No doubt though, Ward's family WILL take Tony Stewart to civil court. Winning the case may be another story. So we shall see.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 08-11-2014).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps, but in 64 years, I've never killed anyone with a vehicle.

damnm dude, ya gotta learn to aim the pickup better
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dale Earnhart Sr, crashed everyone in Nascar out at least once, mostly on purpose. I saw him try to pass Terry LeBonte (Kellogs) car for 20 laps at the end of a Bristol race. Hed run up and hit him in the back, get up beside him and door slam him...but couldnt get past him for the win. On the last lap he didnt hit his brakes and drove LeBontes car almost thru the wall and won. He done that more times than you can count. Why wasnt Kenny Schrader sent to jail and sued for KILLING Dale when he ran him into the wall at Daytona....Oh yea, they were racing. I dont hear anyone bad mouthing him because hes a hero. He was a jerk. like I also said, the driver that ran over and killed Elliotts crewmember in the pits didnt have a lawsuit or any charges either. You sign off when you walk in the gate.

This is the back of my spectator ticket to the Mid Ohio Nascar race saturday....they all are and always been like this. Read for yourself. End of Story....

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 08-11-2014).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dale Earnhart Sr, crashed everyone in Nascar out at least once, mostly on purpose. I saw him try to pass Terry LeBonte (Kellogs) car for 20 laps at the end of a Bristol race. Hed run up and hit him in the back, get up beside him and door slam him...but couldnt get past him for the win. On the last lap he didnt hit his brakes and drove LeBontes car almost thru the wall and won. He done that more times than you can count. Why wasnt Kenny Schrader sent to jail and sued for KILLING Dale when he ran him into the wall at Daytona....Oh yea, they were racing. I dont hear anyone bad mouthing him because hes a hero. He was a jerk. like I also said, the driver that ran over and killed Elliotts crewmember in the pits didnt have a lawsuit or any charges either. You sign off when you walk in the gate.

This is the back of my spectator ticket to the Mid Ohio Nascar race saturday....they all are and always been like this. Read for yourself. End of Story....

I don't know all the details, but I heard that Dale died due to his safety harness belt not being secured, which was his fault. He slammed his pumpkin on the steering wheel.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know all the details, but I heard that Dale died due to his safety harness belt not being secured, which was his fault. He slammed his pumpkin on the steering wheel.

Actually, he died from internal decapitation. His death is part of the reason so many drivers now wear the HANS device or sanctioning bodies have made it mandatory.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have watched the video a number of times and have read some comments from actual sprint car drivers and between the darkness of the track in that area and the fact that the driver was all in Black contributed to what happened.
It didn`t look like to me that Stewart was much higher on the track than the car in front of him and might have not seen the guy until the front car had passed.
Plus the back of the car does just what I would expect it to do on an embankment with some acceleration and that`s drift down toward the inside of the track, actually away from the driver.
But, as someone said in a post above the back tires of those car are a lot wider and stick out more than the fronts and I think it just caught him.
And who`s to say, on dirt, the kid didn`t lose his balance at the last minute and fall right into the path.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 08-11-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was talking to someone earlier about it. There was probably an in-car/on-car camera from Stewart's car. But because of the fact that it'd probably show the kid getting hit and be a little on the gruesome side, they're not showing it. But if there is an in-car/on-car camera, it'll probably show one of the best views of what happened. It was only Saturday night. Almost everything that's been reported is pure emotional speculation.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 08-11-2014).]

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

<clip>

Heard Dale say in an interview once that he would run over his grandmother to win a race.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, Dale Earnhardt Sr. was a very dirty racer.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I do. They werent mandated to wear head and neck restraints then. Earnhart chose NOT to wear it because it was only a suggestion. Shraders car forced him up into the wall, where he hit it and broke his neck at the base of his skull (called a basial skull fracture). After that, Nascar and most other series, order drivers to wear a head and neck restraint. He was dead before the car stopped. Strapped into the car, you cant hit the steering wheel unless the harness is not fastened or broke...or of course as in his case, your head is broken off your body.

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Schrader received death threats daily for months over that accident, even after he was cleared by the investigation.

As for Stewart, he will forever be tainted with this incident, long after we have forgotten, Tony will have to live with these demons.

And the courts will be extracting a LOT of Tony's money. Watch.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Track rules are never leave the vehicle, ever . Unless of course it is on fire. With that said however, the kid went out of his way to run down the track and in front of a car as he was pointing the finger at Stewart. I don't follow racing, but looking at this I just shake my head, the one at fault is the guy that broke every rule and put himself in front of a speeding race car with no headlights on a dark racetrack in a dark race suit......
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Track rules are never leave the vehicle, ever . Unless of course it is on fire. With that said however, the kid went out of his way to run down the track and in front of a car as he was pointing the finger at Stewart. I don't follow racing, but looking at this I just shake my head, the one at fault is the guy that broke every rule and put himself in front of a speeding race car with no headlights on a dark racetrack in a dark race suit......

I tried to locate this rule, but have been unsuccessful. Can you share where this rule is posted?
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...the one at fault is the guy that broke every rule and put himself in front of a speeding race car with no headlights on a dark racetrack in a dark race suit......

I would probably agree with you 100% if it weren't for the fact Tony Stewart was the guy that hit him.
I personally don't believe he hit him 100% on purpose, but I do believe that Stewart did purposely try to get as close as he could and gun it a little to try and scare the guy and was probably flipping him off at the same time he hit him. Stewarts cocky ass attitude got the best of him this time. He will pay, I don't give a rats ass what the tickets say on the back.

Kevin
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

I agree, Dale Earnhardt Sr. was a very dirty racer.

Well that's why he was the "Intimidator" If you didn't get out of his way, he would simply knock you out of his way..

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sprint car drivers always get out of the cars here when it's under caution.. always thought it was dangerous but they do it a lot.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"He will pay, I don't give a rats ass what the tickets say on the back."

well its in black and white, and its legal. Unless the police find any reason they can charge him with anything, nothing will happen at all. What I see is Tony paying funeral costs to help the family on his own. He may even give them more. Nothing changes the fact that the idiot walked out on a working racetrack. Yesterday the owner of the local racetrack and a sprint car driver himself said that the rule book says drivers are to remain in their cars unless in danger , and if then remain close to their car.

2014 World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series Rulebook

(page 27, paragraph 11.1 participant conduct)

" L.) Any member that goes into another competitors pit area or to ' another competitors
car ' and becomes involved in any type of altercation will be subject to
disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or loss of points and/or any
other action deemed appropriate by World of Outlaws Officials and/or World Racing
Group Supervisory Officials.
Maximum = $5,000.
M.) Any member involved in an altercation that results in physical contact will
be subject to disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or loss of points
and/or any other action deemed appropriate by World of Outlaws Officials and/or
World Racing Group Supervisory Officials.
Maximum = $5,000.
O.) Any team member who goes out onto the racing surface without permission
under a controlled period will be subject to disqualification and/or fine and/or
suspension and/or loss of points and/or any other action deemed appropriate by
World of Outlaws Officials and/or World Racing Group Supervisory Officials.
Maximum = $500. "

Ward (team member) being the instigator can be fined, and team lose points. So theres your rules.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 08-12-2014).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well its in black and white, and its legal.

The stuff on the back of the ticket is for the owners of the track/facilities, not for the azzhole that runs you over.

O. J. Simpson was not found guilty of the murders, but did have to pay, even though he didn't.

There is no way Stewart is walking away from this scott free.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 08-12-2014).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

The stuff on the back of the ticket is for the owners of the track/facilities, not for the azzhole that runs you over.

O. J. Simpson was not found guilty of the murders, but did have to pay, even though he didn't.

Kevin

Imagine someone gets their car worked on at the local shop. They didn't fix it correctly and the car stalls. The owner has to pull along side the road and park the car. Totally pissed at the shop, the owner gets out and starts crossing the busy highway he just pulled off of and gets struck by a car. It just so happens that the car that hit the person is the mechanic who worked on the other guy's car. By your logic, the mechanic should be charged with at least manslaughter because he didn't fix the other guy's car properly thereby setting everything in motion. Of course, this totally neglects the responsibility of the other guy to NOT walk out onto a busy highway. Would people be making as big a deal of the whole situation if it wasn't Tony Stewart who hit him? If Stewart had just put him in the wall and another driver was the one who struck and killed him, would it have even made news? Or is it just a case of the big, bad, mean, nasty, professional driver coming to a small track to beat up on everyone, so he needs to pay?

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin

PARTICIPANTS....first word, third line. If you read it all, it covers EVERYONE connected with putting on the event, from track owners to trash pickup.

Unless they have irrefutable PROOF he hit him intentionally, YES, he walks away scott free as have any other drivers in any other fatal racing accidents. Sure the parents can sue him, like in the OJ case, but they also would have to prove it was intentional. With police and sanctioning body finding no evidence, thats impossible to prove. In OJs trial, verdict had to be unanimous, in the suit it was preponderance of the evidence...and like you said, he didnt pay anything anyway.

Whade, your totally right. Ill bet a driver gets killed every week or two somewhere in the country with all the local Saturday nite racing events. There are thousands of tracks nationwide, not to mention motorcycle and off road races. Ill even bet if it had been Gordon or Jr, it would have only gotten a quick mention anywhere.

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Imagine someone gets their car worked on at the local shop. They didn't fix it correctly and the car stalls. The owner has to pull along side the road and park the car. Totally pissed at the shop, the owner gets out and starts crossing the busy highway he just pulled off of and gets struck by a car. It just so happens that the car that hit the person is the mechanic who worked on the other guy's car. By your logic, the mechanic should be charged with at least manslaughter because he didn't fix the other guy's car properly thereby setting everything in motion. Of course, this totally neglects the responsibility of the other guy to NOT walk out onto a busy highway. Would people be making as big a deal of the whole situation if it wasn't Tony Stewart who hit him? If Stewart had just put him in the wall and another driver was the one who struck and killed him, would it have even made news? Or is it just a case of the big, bad, mean, nasty, professional driver coming to a small track to beat up on everyone, so he needs to pay?

WTF! Comparing apple to rocks now?

Silly me, I forgot I was dealing with a bunch of lawyers on Pennock's. Guess I'll just let this play out, and when Stewart gets charged or has a settlement against him, I'll be back to see where everyone got their degrees.

Kevin
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im OK with that....and if nothings happened in the next few months, you can admit you were wrong too.

Maybe youd like to support a national ban on all kinds of motorsports so no more deaths and injuries can happen. Thats the new American way you know...if you can break a nail doing anything...ban it.

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PARTICIPANTS....first word, third line. If you read it all, it covers EVERYONE connected with putting on the event, from track owners to trash pickup.

You might want to read the first paragraph on the back of your "SPECTATOR" (underline, underline) ticket over and over until you understand what it is saying.

Kevin
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WTF! Comparing apple to rocks now?

Silly me, I forgot I was dealing with a bunch of lawyers on Pennock's. Guess I'll just let this play out, and when Stewart gets charged or has a settlement against him, I'll be back to see where everyone got their degrees.

Kevin

At least you're not showing any biased against Stewart. You've already convicted the man. It's pretty clear that you don't like him, maybe even hate him. But how you feel about someone doesn't make them guilty or innocent. That being said, there are different rules for civil suits versus criminal cases. You can be sure that the Ward family will lawyer up and sue the track, the sanctioning body, and Stewart. Whether they win the case or not is another story. You accuse people of acting like they have law degrees on PFF when you yourself have already stated that Stewart WILL have charges brought against him and WILL have a settlement issued against him. So where then is YOUR law degree kind sir? I understand your hatred for Tony Stewart because he is, in fact, an overly-aggressive azz. But that doesn't mean the man's guilty of anything but being an azz. If that was a crime, there'd be maybe two dozen people NOT in jail. lol

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave