Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  My new project... Teardrop Camper for pulling behind the Fiero... (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My new project... Teardrop Camper for pulling behind the Fiero... by Synthesis
Started on: 03-28-2011 01:54 PM
Replies: 297 (19168 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 07-05-2014 11:11 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

I haven't checked this thread in a while but man, you kick ass! That thing looks very professional and you're not even done with it! Being a larger fellow like me just how comfy is it inside while laying down? Plenty of room to stretch a bit? Or just enough to get comfy?

I am 6'4" tall and 350 lbs... And I can stretch a bit. I built the bed area to be 7 foot long.
IP: Logged
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
K. Discovered the icing issue.

Some sawdust had fallen through the return while I was cleaning up and shaking the drop cloth I had in there down.

Cleaned that out, and the system ran for 2 hours before icing.

So, I opened the bottom service panel I built in for cleaning the evaporator, no more icing...

I'll just screen that off and call it good.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This last weekend was "fun"...

Arrived at Camp Shipman, enjoyed the AC in the camper quite a bit, warned Stu and John and others that the Camper, Hitch and Car were entirely off-limits for any pranking that may happen, but that anything else goes.

Woke up early early on Sunday to the sounds motions of someone jacking the tongue of the camper up, the chains being disconnected.
I climbed out of the camper to find the chains and wiring disconnected, and the receiver hitch pin almost completely removed from the car, with the lock clip lost. The camper was parked at the top of the hill with with tents below it. With me in the camper it weighs over half a ton. Someone could have been seriously injured or worse, and I was upset. So I got up and said as much...

Without going into details on who said or did what, I was pretty much told by other guests that since I couldn't take a joke, I should just leave. I won't give any further details on what was said to or about me that I overheard.
Knowing that alcohol was involved, I opted to leave rather than argue.
No biggie. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if they don't like me they can suck it. I am who I am, and try to be a kind and decent person to everyone I meet. I always have, and always will. If the fact that I have an exuberant personality offends someone, so be it.

With that said I DID leave after double checking the chains, pin (found the clip), and wiring. I did not trust anyone to not continue trying to do something to me or the camper, no matter how innocent it may have seemed to them at the time. Alcohol impairs judgement.

I drove to Wadena, and fell asleep on the way. Ended up driving in the ditch just enough to wake me up before something more serious happened... Finally pulled into a parking lot where I went to sleep.

A door slamming woke me up in time to look out the window and watch a truck speed away from next to the camper.

I got up, and as I was stretching, I noticed the chains and wiring were unhooked again.

Someone tried to steal my camper with me in it from the back of my car. I must have rolled over or something, just enough to startle them.

Anyway, this will be my last post on Pennock's for I don't know how long. After what was said to me by a few people, I don't know if I should stick around a community that can show that much spite and hate without at least trying to understand that the behavior they observe from me may not be intentional. This is not against PFF, just, I need a break. The joys of ignorance... "It's all in your head. You act that way because you choose to."

This is also NOT a reflection against Camp Shipman or the Shipman family. They were perfectly hospitable and as much fun as always.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 08-01-2011).]

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hot+Lack of sleep+ other things.

Go back and tell them they Love you, remember that people "pick" on people they like, they ignore the people they don't like.

Relax a bit man, and you should have invited them all into the bed with you.

Oh, and invest in a lock for the hitch so it can't be removed without a key.

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 08-01-2011).]

Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

remember that people "pick" on people they like, they ignore the people they don't like.

I must be the most loved man by some here at Pennocks!

I grew up in campers.
They can be very sketchy in certain ways.
Pranking them is unsafe & uncool.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Anyway, this will be my last post on Pennock's for I don't know how long. After what was said to me by a few people, I don't know if I should stick around a community that can show that much spite and hate without at least trying to understand that the behavior they observe from me may not be intentional. This is not against PFF, just, I need a break. The joys of ignorance... "It's all in your head. You act that way because you choose to."

This is also NOT a reflection against Camp Shipman or the Shipman family. They were perfectly hospitable and as much fun as always.

Sorry to see you go. This used to be a decent forum but it, and the quality of people on it to a large extent, has deteriorated quite a bit over the years. The assholery quotient is pretty well high, the reason being obvious, it's tolerated by the moderator.

Drop me a PM sometime with some contact info, would like to stay in touch with you in a more civilized venue.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am 6'4" tall and 350 lbs... And I can stretch a bit. I built the bed area to be 7 foot long.

I wouldn't want to make anybody that big mad at me. It's unfortunate that they decided to prank you. Take some time off and come back when you're up to it.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Oh now. You have lived some. Still, I've seen a lot of people I care about die over the past few years, each of them worked up until about a month before they died.

Sure they took vacations, spent a week here of there with family, they had a life, but they never lived.

And I am not saying that they were not happy, or they were not responsible, just that they should have enjoyed their lives more instead of saying "I'll do it when I'm older". Guess what, older sucks, things are harder, and you can't do as much of it, if you make it to older.

Brad

All so true. Are you still going to hike the Appalachian Trail?
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is just Sheer Assholery to mess with your camper AFTER you told them upfront that it was off limits.
I hate to see you go, but I also suspect you will be back soon. There is a very vocal portion of this forum that would make you think there is a majority of asshats.. But it is not true.. We have a few asshats and a whole lot of good wholesome people.... But the asshats are much much louder.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RESPECT, some folks just don't get it?

Try just sticking to quality threads, and leave the garbage alone. I slip a little, but it is working for me. What ever you do, you will do it well.

Tony
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Try just sticking to quality threads, and leave the garbage alone. I slip a little, but it is working for me. What ever you do, you will do it well.

Tony

QFT on all points.
PFF
System Bot
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just hope this conversation doesn't end up reflecting in any way on our car show or the good cause it was intended to fund. We ended up raising just over 4200 for scholarships this year at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show and hope to continue being successful each year....
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear all that happened to you.

http://www.google.com/produ...0Aw&ved=0CGg Q8gIwAw#

http://safetysentryinc.com/

You really should have locks on that anyway to prevent someone from doing any of what happened, especially when you are in it.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-02-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Try just sticking to quality threads, and leave the garbage alone.

But that only works on the ones YOU invade.
Not on the one's that invade YOU.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is why we draw the line at personal property for pranks at work. If someone messed with my car, camper, whatever, I would be forced to kill or possibly maim. But probably maim.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really wasnt going to say anything about this ( since i was passed out in my tent ) but a simple clarification should be made from an observer.

First off, there is NOONE at camp Shipman that either meant any harm or would inflict any type of risk to anyone what so ever !!!!
I had heard about this idea, and i belive the concept was just to move Chris & the trailer out to the field/pasture so when he woke up he'd be quite a distance from camp Shipman. Idea i think was cut short by him waking up....

Second, multiple repetition of "the trailer is off limits" and so forth in that group is just egging them on to DO something !! It screams "i want attention" ....

Tony

Third, RESPECT ???? you want to talk about respect ????? Calling out Nellie at the show says she was being disrespectful cause her & Miss Frazee were supposed to hand out the awards ???!!!! Shame on you !!!!! This is now Nellie's show with the help of Frazee........ You've had your spotlight, now it's time to pass the torch.

Fourth it's also DISRESPECT to bring 2 dogs to someone elses property & let them run loose for 4 days leaving landmines when it was an understood agreement that they be tied up. Hence the problem with one of them running off, EVEN after someone mentioned it AND nearly getting hit by a car, yet still ignoring what someone said !!!!!! Yet after all that, an entire crew helps hunt for the dog !!!! Instead of thank you or anything else, all anyone heard was "if i cant find her, im just gonna pack up & go home" .......... great solution !!!!!

Fifth, DISRESPECT is leaving in the middle of the night without even a farewell or THANK YOU to your hosts !!!!!!
Amongst other things...........

Where's the DISRESPECT ???????????

Now don't get me wrong, is Chris a nice guy ?, YES. Does Chris go out of his way to help others ?, YES. and then some....... Does Chris know his boundaries or where his filter is ? Not so much...... sometimes it can be like a bull in a china shop.

As for the other bandwagon jumpers in this thread, i suggest you actually attend one of these events & see EVERYTHING before shooting your mouth off on the internet. Remember, there's always 2 sides to a story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Next time someone wants to run off in the middle of the night crying like a girl, do it at the beginning of the event, not the end....

P.S.... sorry to hear about the Wadena incident. That would scare the $HIT out of me !!! Rule of thumb i learned long ago, do not tow ANYTHING on a hitch without a lock !!!!!
------------------

MINNESOTA MAFIA Real men get blown If you're going to run your mouth make sure the proof isn't all over the net that you're full of sh!t.
87 GT MP-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's 372 rwhp & tuning____88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 000,204.1 miles
87 GT custom______90 Grand prix STE Turbo_____2007GSXR 1000
Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, Ya want to hit it, but are afraid of the consequences.
IF YOU AIN'T BREAKING STUFF..................IT AIN'T MODDED ENOUGH
If your'e not living on the edge..........you're taking up too much room.
Best Fiero mounts available

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 08-02-2011).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

I just hope this conversation doesn't end up reflecting in any way on our car show or the good cause it was intended to fund. We ended up raising just over 4200 for scholarships this year at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show and hope to continue being successful each year....

Not only do I not think it (the issues in this thread) reflects on that show, I plan one year (after retirement from the Military) to attend the show, in a Fiero at that.

MTC: (mandatory thread content)

As for the Camper: get a lock and use it on the hitch. It will keep the people honest. Imagine the surprise of a thief if he took your trailer with you in it. lol

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 08-02-2011).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Not only do I not think it (the issues in this thread) reflects on that show, I plan one year (after retirement from the Military) to attend the show, in a Fiero at that.

As for the Camper: get a lock and use it on the hitch. It will keep the people honest. Imagine the surprise of a thief if he took your trailer with you in it. lol

Awesome !! follow Stu up here, he got this trip down pat
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

I really wasnt going to say anything about this ( since i was passed out in my tent ) but a simple clarification should be made from an observer.

First off, there is NOONE at camp Shipman that either meant any harm or would inflict any type of risk to anyone what so ever !!!!
I had heard about this idea, and i belive the concept was just to move Chris & the trailer out to the field/pasture so when he woke up he'd be quite a distance from camp Shipman. Idea i think was cut short by him waking up....

Second, multiple repetition of "the trailer is off limits" and so forth in that group is just egging them on to DO something !! It screams "i want attention" ....

Third, RESPECT ???? you want to talk about respect ????? Calling out Nellie at the show says she was being disrespectful cause her & Miss Frazee were supposed to hand out the awards ???!!!! Shame on you !!!!! This is now Nellie's show with the help of Frazee........ You've had your spotlight, now it's time to pass the torch.

Fourth, it's also DISRESPECT to bring 2 dogs to someone elses property & let them run loose for 4 days leaving landmines when it was an understood agreement that they be tied up. Hence the problem with one of them running off, EVEN after someone mentioned it AND nearly getting hit by a car, yet still ignoring what someone said !!!!!! Yet after all that, an entire crew helps hunt for the dog !!!! Instead of thank you or anything else, all anyone heard was "if i cant find her, im just gonna pack up & go home" .......... great solution !!!!!

Fifth, DISRESPECT is leaving in the middle of the night without even a farewell or THANK YOU to your hosts !!!!!!

Where's the DISRESPECT ???????????

Now don't get me wrong, is Chris a nice guy ?, YES. Does Chris go out of his way to help others ?, YES. and then some....... Does Chris know his boundaries or where his filter is ? Not so much...... sometimes it can be like a bull in a china shop.

As for the other bandwagon jumpers in this thread, i suggest you actually attend one of these events & see EVERYTHING before shooting your mouth off on the internet. Remember, there's always 2 sides to a story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Next time someone wants to run off in the middle of the night crying like a girl, do it at the beginning of the event, not the end....

I knew someone would post something inflammatory.

So, let's clarify YOUR misinformation. PS, someone called me just now to tell me you posted this..

Regardless of the intent to leave me in a field, the ONLY request I made was leave the car and camper alone. I simply asked that it be left alone, and that one wish was not respected. That angered me. A legitimate reason to get angry. I had said that ANYTHING ELSE goes, but those two are off limits. "Oh! I have a new prank idea. We'll push Shawn's car out into the middle of the field and leave it there so that in the morning he has to walk out there and get it." I'm sure you'd be happy about it... It is a GIVEN that we don't do anything to other people's cars that could be remotely destructive or unsafe. I figured it'd be the same for the camper.

As for you being passed out in your tent... Please note that I was the one who did my best to get you to move off the stone bench so that if you fell you didn't bust your skull. I was worried with the way you were swaying. It took several minutes to convince you to move to a normal chair.

Now... I asked Nellie what she wanted me to do at the show. She said at the time "It doesn't matter to me.", but a few moments later, she stated that she wanted to do the awards. I wholeheartedly agreed, and handed her the mic. I then stepped into the background, and did nothing but "ferry" the awards from the table to Miss Frazee, who then handed them to the winners and took pictures. It was Nellie's show, not mine. I agree with that 100%. Nellie, the show and the Shipman family in general were not at fault for everything that happened. In fact, I enjoyed my time up there until other GUESTS opted to ruin it for me.

Fourth: Nellie herself invited my dogs along. There was no understanding about them being tied or anything along those lines. I stated they were friendly and would not be a problem. I cleaned up ALL "land mines" I found or was told about, and kept a very close eye on both dogs.
Izzy ran off because the Fireworks were being launched. I was NOT notified that there would be fireworks or to keep an eye on the dogs until AFTER they started. Eidetic memory. I remember EVERY detail on this issue. I sat down by the fire ring, the first one went off. Molly came to me all nervous and I started looking for Izzy. I looked for several minutes BEFORE asking that you guys pause the fireworks. Several had been launched between the start of the search and the "hey guys, hold up a bit".
THEN, a whole crew went looking up and down the road in both directions. Once Izzy was found, I thanked everyone and gave hugs. Ask John, Stu and Carter. They wouldn't lie to you. So yes, I gave thanks while others sat around the camp fire drinking and laughing.
Izzy went into the Kennel, along with Molly. I said "Go for it" with the Fireworks, and then sat back down at the fire. THAT was when a couple of guys came to me and told me I should check on the dogs because they were "going nuts" in the kennel.

As for "I'm gonna pack up and go home", the statement was "If I don't find her tonight, I'll never find her. I can't stop looking."
And people did not let me down.

Now, thank you for the kind words... Yes, I can be a bull in a china shop. There is a whole email chain going on about this behind the scenes. Something you are not privy to at the moment.

Am I "crying like a little girl and running off into the night"? Not exactly. I was told, and I quote "I don't like you, and nearly everyone here feels the same way. In fact, I personally know 300+ people in the Fiero community that don't like you and want nothing to do with you." and there was also a statement of "We don't want you here." as well as "You made the entire Tyler Project about YOU and not about Tyler and the Car."

Some VERY hateful and spiteful words from a person that I respected, and as far as I was aware I got along with fine. Until that person snapped at me in a conversation that they had absolutely NO business joining. Would I like to make peace with that person? Sure.
Do I need to change who I am for that person? No. If THEY don't like me, that is their problem. I thanked them for their opinion.

All I ask, and have ever asked is for people to try to UNDERSTAND and BE PATIENT if I make a social blunder, and TELL me about it. I don't realize that some blunders I make are serious issues. If I did, I would do my best to correct them. The whole patience and understanding was a key part of the discussion that led to the statement that I was not welcome there by a fellow guest. So I left. Rather than cause further strife, I opted to leave. That is NOT running away like a little girl. That is doing what I can to avoid the conflict that I really don't need in my life right now.

You stated it yourself. There are two sides.. Theirs, Mine and the TRUTH in the middle.

This is not about Nellie or her family. They were the perfect hosts. This is a conflict between guests at the "resort".
But, if there are "300+" people who all feel the same way about me that this person "personally knows", then that same group would be the same group that I am involved in... So what is the point in me participating in the group since I will just "be told to get the fu** out" by the same group, according to this person.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by htexans1:

The hitch has a lock. Which is why the trailer did not go missing with me in it.

The group of "pranksters" had actually reached into the bumper area and were removing the hitch pin for the receiver...
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Am I "crying like a little girl and running off into the night"? Not exactly. I was told, and I quote "I don't like you, and nearly everyone here feels the same way. In fact, I personally know 300+ people in the Fiero community that don't like you and want nothing to do with you." and there was also a statement of "We don't want you here." as well as "You made the entire Tyler Project about YOU and not about Tyler and the Car."

Some VERY hateful and spiteful words from a person that I respected, and as far as I was aware I got along with fine. Until that person snapped at me in a conversation that they had absolutely NO business joining. Would I like to make peace with that person? Sure.
Do I need to change who I am for that person? No. If THEY don't like me, that is their problem. I thanked them for their opinion.

Ouch........ that's pretty harsh & presumtuous on someones part.

The hitch has a lock. Which is why the trailer did not go missing with me in it.

The group of "pranksters" had actually reached into the bumper area and were removing the hitch pin for the receiver...

Which will need a lock as well......
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PS: The same person who said the above to me also said "Don't go back to the forum and post an "I'm sorry" post, or even talk about it because "What happens in Frazee, stays in Frazee"... Until it affects a larger group of people.

I have no hard feelings against other people at the show and/or the Camp... But, I am hurt. Deeply. If I truly come across to people the way I was told I do, then I need to figure out what is "wrong" with me. I am wired differently. I do not mean to use my condition as a crutch, but have been told that is what I do. No. I clearly state that I have AS, so, please be patient with me. If I blunder, please correct me rather than keeping quiet and holding a grudge. If you have to smack me around to get me back into line socially, then do so. I may be upset for a bit, but I promise after you tell me what I goofed on, I'll think about it, and most likely come back and say "You were right. I'm sorry."

The camper prank was the last bit of stress I needed..
I was actually having a fantastic heart to heart with Antuzzi, and then JohnWPB joined in, and all was fine..
My one statement was "I feel like an outsider here right now".. And I think that is what fueled the conversation when another person joined in.
The conversation went downhill from there, and when the fourth person joined and launched their statement at me... I said "Sincerely, thank you. I didn't know people felt that way about me." And I left after that.

Again, I'd like to patch things up. I KNOW there are several people in the Minnesota Club and the associated people who hang out with the group who dislike me. I don't feel they hate me, I just think they don't like me.. So all I can do is try to be decent without goofing up.

So, I am here, and willing to work things out with people, as long as they don't give me that bullshit excuse "It's all in your head", as I heard this weekend. Yes, it IS all in my head. I am WIRED that way.. But it isn't something I can take a pill for. I can only learn from it and change as much as I can.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 08-02-2011).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having heard that, i guess that would probably be my reaction too.............. tho i might have left a note for Nellie

Maybe that individuals comments were "influenced" ??
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Having heard that, i guess that would probably be my reaction too.............. tho i might have left a note for Nellie

Maybe that individuals comments were "influenced" ??

I am sure it was just the alcohol talking.. But I firmly believe that alcohol removes filters and makes people tell the truth, even if it is exaggerated a bit.
As for leaving a note for Nellie.. The sun was just lightening the Eastern Sky. I did not have paper or a pen...
But I had an email account. I opted to email Nellie when I got home and explain the details of what happened.

Nellie was unaware of anything beyond the prank itself.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis,
I don't know you personally, we've never met but, I have enjoyed this and several other threads you have contributed to. Hate to see you go anywhere. I noticed that you've gone back and deleted quite a few posts in another thread, maybe more, I don't know what all you've deleted but, I hate seeing this. Pulling a "Jazzman" and trying to erase your history isn't the way to go. People may not remember what you posted but, they do remember whether or not you were an asset to the community. Have you ever ticked me off, maybe, maybe not. But, I respect what you've done and your contributions to our community.

Let things cool off and stick around. I wasn't there and agree, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle dependent on each person's perspective. Enthusiastic people that are drinking do dumb things but, we're (for the most part) all friends here. I'm not suggesting you didn't over react, I wasn't there. I really don't care, from all reports, it was a great car show and for the most part, folks enjoyed themselves. Stick around, I may need help building a camper.

------------------
Ron

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only removed non-constructive posts from one thread, as that was one of the subjects that came up. No point in leaving unnecessary fuel for the fire.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All i'm saying is Synthesis made it quite clear that his car & camper was off-limits.
Any of us here would expect that request to be honored if asked.
A man don't mess with another mans wheels.

His chair, his beer, his food, even his woman, but that was only once and I was on a three day runner of mushrooms & fermented seal-oil.
But not his wheels.

I'll bet there are at least 20 people here that would freak out if you messed with their car, drunk or not.
As for the other stuff, I wasn't there.

But my personal belief is that pets off-leash are irresponsable and just asking for trouble.
I would LOVE to allow my dog that freedom, but to avoid any possable problems, I have to be in complete control of him at all times.
It's the main agreement I entered into with my pet when I took the responsability for his complete life.
That's just me, though.

I know some will that think that is VERY overboard.
But there are stray dogs just roaming free.
I can't control what comes AT me, but I can control what comes FROM me.
Or getting lost, or run over, or kicked, or in a fight, or whatever.

Just a view from another outsider.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have more patience than I. If I caught someone messing with my car it's likely that there'd be some bullet holes involved. The assumption would be that I'd asked people to not mess with my car and I'd assume there'd be enough respect from folks to make that happen, so therefor whoever's messing with my car is not someone I know, a thief, and thieves I have less than zero tolerance for.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I'll bet there are at least 20 people here that would freak out if you messed with their car, drunk or not.

If someone messed with MY car.. I would stomp some arse!! And HAVE!!!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was told, and I quote "I don't like you, and nearly everyone here feels the same way. In fact, I personally know 300+ people in the Fiero community that don't like you and want nothing to do with you." and there was also a statement of "We don't want you here." as well as "You made the entire Tyler Project about YOU and not about Tyler and the Car."

Say what??? Who in the hell said something so hateful??? I really find that anyone from the build team would say something like that, I hope that is not the case. If that is the case, I'm ashamed.

THIS IS TO ALL PARTIES INVOLVED...The Tyler show does not require any of this dramatic . PERIOD. All of this is just shameful. To take such a great event with many emotions tied to it and piss on it is just beyond words. This is the kind of drama and BS that people don't need while they are at an event in remembrance of Tyler, and to support the Shipmans. It sounds to me like some people act like freaking teenagers with alcohol. For crying out loud, if you can't handle your drinks, leave that **** at home. I definitely know that if this is what it's going to be like, my wife and I will be staying at a hotel, and not Camp Shipman. No offense to Daneele or Jay, but this is to be a relaxing time, not stressful on people.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 08-02-2011).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Say what??? Who in the hell said something so hateful??? I really find that anyone from the build team would say something like that, I hope that is not the case. If that is the case, I'm ashamed.

Well... I have been told that my post about this shows that I am doing a "poor me", which is not the case, in my opinion. And I respect the person who said it and thank them honestly for saying it...

The person who said this had been drinking. Has confessed to it to several people, and I need to work it out with them independently. They can choose to continue not liking me, which is their problem, or they can sit down with me, we can discuss what they dislike in a calm and peaceful manner... And I can learn from it, and so can they.

Nellie and I just had an hour long conversation. This entire issue does NOT revolve around Camp Shipman or the Shipman family or the car show. I was hurt, I posted my post because I was wounded quite deeply by what was said to me. At no point in time did I respond with any words that could be construed as spiteful or hateful. And I am willing to forgive this person for what they said to me. Not to change their opinion, but the fact that there was a huge breach of social etiquette that I am thankfully not the sole person responsible for.
I want to talk with them, and if we decide we can't forge a friendship from a huge misunderstanding, then so be it. We will go our separate ways, be polite with each other when we see each other, and in general try to get along.

You don't have to like someone who is in the same group as you, but that doesn't mean you can't get along for the sake of the group.

Either way, I myself am done with this aspect of the conversation. It is not a poor me or a whiny-***** thing. This is the only way I am capable of expressing myself. I can't tell someone how I feel in person to their face without screwing something up... So I express it here.

Edit: I have also been informed that I was indeed talked to about the dogs just as the Fireworks started. I distinctly do not remember this, as I was talking with a few people about directions into town and may not have heard what was said to me. So my initial statement about not being talked to may be inaccurate.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 08-02-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2011 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

It sounds to me like some people act like freaking teenagers with alcohol.

I have a feeling that that was the case.
I was young & wild once.
Done stuff just like this, and worse.

But in this setting I think it is probibly inapproprate.
Not unforgivable, but more a learning thing, becouse I bet it will not be repeted.
People here make mistakes, but they ain't stupid.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still scratching head wondering as to who would say such stuff ???
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

still scratching head wondering as to who would say such stuff ???

Who personally knows 300 people on here, and was at the show?

OK, who exaggerates a lot, and was at the show?

Brad
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice camper man I like it.

I'm soo tempted to try and make something similar and go on a trip out west for a few months before I start college. Probably wouldn't end up as nice but would be fun trying~

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Nice camper man I like it.

I'm soo tempted to try and make something similar and go on a trip out west for a few months before I start college. Probably wouldn't end up as nice but would be fun trying~

You can build cheaper and quicker with single sheet construction methods AKA, solid plywood walls instead of framed and insulated walls like I have.
Also, you can build very light weight as well. I have seen a few of these that weigh less than 450 lbs, including the weight of the trailer. www.mikenchell.com has some forums and free plans. I recommend running there and reading some of the build threads as well as the construction methods, etc
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Um, yeah, OK. I was not in attendance. I happened to be 1204 miles away in Spokane. If you got to bark at somebody, please direct your incorrect statement towards the appropriate party. NEVER HAVE I SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ANYONE IN THE SHIPMAN FAMILY. EVER!

Tony Kania
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It saddens me to hear the fray.

Not that you should have had to, in community company, but receivers have lock pins also. Great idea to have one anytime.
Messing with your trailer was wrong. Bringing the dogs was wrong (even if it was okay'd). Wrong as in not a good idea. What if everyone brought their dog or two ? After the help you gave to Tyler, it would be hard to say no, even if it was not a good idea. Dropping from the forum is wrong too. A boneheaded move. Seldom are decisions made from emotions wise.
Chris, my best to you, and my hopes for the best of endings in things you have shared with us.
Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoever thought it was a good idea to move you in your camper was a dumba$$ thinking you were going to sleep through that ordeal. You should have put some dog poop under their car door handle before you left.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shananigans:

Whoever thought it was a good idea to move you in your camper was a dumba$$ thinking you were going to sleep through that ordeal. You should have put some dog poop under their car door handle before you left.

YOU STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD! WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE SHANANIGANS!

:P
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock