Logo & Colors by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 10-18-2000 11:44 AM
Replies: 101 (51 views)
Last post by: onfire on 11-10-2000 03:49 PM
ponya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2000 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ponyaSend a Private Message to ponyaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new logo and the colors are fine with me. I just think that the red on items clicked needs to be brighter. Right now it looks purple and it's hard to see. I'm not sure what color would stand out the best on the blue background, but the present one doesn't show up bright enough. Otherwise, its looks great. Bob
IP: Logged
007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2000 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No complaints here......only compliments.

I love the new look. Very "modern"

RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2000 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is the new logo the "pegasus"?
RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2000 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RossT

3038 posts
Member since May 99
is the new logo the "pegasus"?
ka4nkf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2000 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ka4nkfSend a Private Message to ka4nkfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant read them as good as the old colors. the blue needs to be lighter.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I have made both blues a lot lighter.

(oh and still no good answer on the origin of the logo!)

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was the logo inspired by driving your fiero in a storm and watching the patterns the wiper made on the windshield?

------------------
Dillon
Black '87 SE V6
"You mean like the back seat of a Volkswagen?"

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice try - but, no.
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, is the logo something like an inkblot test? I've mirrored it, inverted it, rotated it, streched it, and looked at it though 3D glasses... Nothing Is it Gorbachev's birth mark?

Since I'm majoring in psychology this term here's a quick joke...

A psychologist holds up a picture of an inkblot and asks the patient what he sees. Patient says "sex"

The psychologist holds up another picture and asks the patient what he sees. Patient says "sex"

After a few more pictures the psychologist tells the patient he has serious mental problems and need to see a specialtist. The patient replies "Well, what are you talking about? you were the one holding up all the dirty pictures"

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Logo =

Upside down inverted GT aero nose?
A new side scoop design?
A shark fin?
A whale fin? (Whale Tail?)
Fiero Headlight with cover (side view)?
The spray pattern of the high outout fuel injectors?

Tigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got it, the logo is for the Pennock's Fiero Power Tour! It looks sorta like a Kansas tornado, like the one in the movie "The Wizard of Oz."
PFF
System Bot
Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it a windmill?
(Did I win? What do I get?)
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sheesh - I figured you Fiero nuts would spot this one immediately!

Another hint: some of you see it daily...

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it a Blue Cyclone (from the Ray Stevens song)?

"... meanest wrestler the world has ever known"

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cheever2

2005 posts
Member since Sep 2000
Some of us see it daily?
OH!!! You mean the vortex of gloom and agony. The swirling filth in the bottomless sea of human despair! Yeah, everyday. Only thing keeps me going is the PFF.
Gold-86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gold-86SESend a Private Message to Gold-86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah Ha!

I believe I've got it.

Cliff, I sent you an email, please tell me if I am right.

I don't want to ruin the fun.

------------------

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gold86, I just sent YOU an email. I called you a lot of names. Please tell me if I am right.

The FCC is gonna nail me to the wall someday.

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cheever2

2005 posts
Member since Sep 2000

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
Another hint: some of you see it daily...

You mean the searchlight from the prison tower, casting its eery glow on the yard of the Big House? (someday when the time is right I'll whistle, and my trusty Fiero will come and smash thru the wall and bust me out)

j/k

Gold-86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gold-86SESend a Private Message to Gold-86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cheever2, I didn't get the email.

Send it to me here: fieromag@thefieroclub.com

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, one more guess, and then I'll let someone else play...
It's the headlight of the repo man, come in the middle of the night to take my Fiero away. But of course it's hidden in a friend's garage on the other side of town. Keep trying, repo man!
Just send my prize by FedEx, Cliff.

Gold86, I was kidding. I just thought emailing your guess to Cliff was like whispering behind our backs. I'll go take my paranoia pills now. BTW I started to check out your site more than once and keep getting distracted. Looks good so far.

[This message has been edited by Cheever2 (edited 10-19-2000).]

Gold-86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gold-86SESend a Private Message to Gold-86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cheever, wasn't trying to talk behind anyone's back, I just did not want to stop the thread, if I was right.

Cliff has confirmed my thoughts, but I want to see how long it takes for others to determine the inspiration for the logo. The inspiration is quite rolling, if you catch my burnout.

Good luck to everyone guessing.

Oops. Forgot to add a thanks for looking at my website and kudos. Hopefully it is not my site that is distracting.

[This message has been edited by Gold-86SE (edited 10-19-2000).]

PFF
System Bot
Tigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first reaction was a sweeping tach needle, but I think someone already said that.

Is it a sweeping coin return lever on a vending machine? I hope this doesn't mean we are going to have to drop a quarter into a slot to visit the forum, I'd be broke.

Mirror it? Horizontally?

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i know what it is!!.. i know what it is!!.. i know what it is!! nyah..nyah!!!

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bHooper

4156 posts
Member since May 99
its... its... the quarter window of a 84 indy!?!

no? thats not it? then its a side profile of a stuck headlight in the up position! thats gotta be it. cause cliff said "some of you see this everyday".

thats gotta be it, id bet my right front headlight relay on that one!

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK OK I got it now. You have to add 4 more to make it a ...........! I had them originally but I changed them. Cliff very clever!

------------------

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very good Orief! So, now two know. Anyone else?
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Very Clever! I think that SE's signature gave him the hint. I thought I knew what it was, but had to find a picture to be sure. It is a good thing that I have always been a NEGATIVE person.

William T. Thorn, III

For the record... for the longest time, I thought it looked like the logo behind the Penguin on the Pittsburg Penguins Jerseys... I knew that you came over to Pennsylvania once a year... I couldn't figure out how hockey and Fiero's were related.

[This message has been edited by william_thorniii (edited 10-19-2000).]

Tigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha, I got it! I can't believe I didn't get it sooner. Pretty cool Cliff.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it! as a matter of fact, I've got 20 of em!!!!

------------------
Raydar

Out of my mind.
Back in five minutes.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I only have four.
Gold-86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gold-86SESend a Private Message to Gold-86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have 12 or 60 depending on your point of view.

3 Fieros at 4 per Fiero = 12

or

3 Fieros at 20 per Fiero = 60

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, actually you probably have the same as I do. It's just all in how you describe it.

------------------
Raydar

Out of my mind.
Back in five minutes.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-19-2000).]

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's why I didn't get it! I don't have them. Mine are German and look more triangular < )

[This message has been edited by Pontiaddict (edited 10-19-2000).]

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only have Formulas and non 85 GTs so I was lost.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar, mine are off a Buick so I guess in reality I don't have any!

Do you think there's anyone out there who doesn't know what we're talking about yet?

Gold-86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gold-86SESend a Private Message to Gold-86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that the logo inspiration riddle has been solved what about this:

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
Well, the new logo will definitely stay this way. I'll explain later why the logo has changed.

What's up Cliff?

Gold-86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gold-86SESend a Private Message to Gold-86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gold-86SE

1413 posts
Member since Apr 2000

Oops. Double Post.

TheFiero64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheFiero64Click Here to visit TheFiero64's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheFiero64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's cool. I just got it. I used to have them, but I changed the ones on my 88 so I now don't have them on there. But I do have them in my sig.

------------------

[This message has been edited by TheFiero64 (edited 10-19-2000).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just changes job assignments yesterday. I must have been allot more tired than I thought. I have those....

The lighter blues seem to be better. The dark blue with yellow text at the top and bottom of the post a message dialog looks good too.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still don't know what it is.. (Then again, I never was the brightest star in the sky). Someone fill me in..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock