Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  88 CJB GT only 29,500miles For Sale (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
88 CJB GT only 29,500miles For Sale by pcgold
Started on: 04-12-2022 01:24 PM
Replies: 44 (3072 views)
Last post by: Vintage-Nut on 06-10-2023 10:30 AM
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2022 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, first off it's an automatic. Second, it's still in winter storage (so I can’t get any more pictures for a month or so). Third, I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada.

$19,500US or reasonable offer

1988 GT CJB. Mileage approx. 29,500 (I can’t recall and because it is in storage I can’t confirm, but very close that.).
I am the third owner and a lot of documentation, including original sales receipt. Car was imported to Canada from Ohio in 2005. At that time it had 12,500 miles. I bought it in 2013 with 25,000 miles.

Loaded
Leather (perfect)
CJB
Subwoofer
Air conditioning
Power mirrors, windows, locks
Paint is a 9.5/10. A few spider cracks in bumper and a few chips here and there (and I did have the rear wing painted - off the car, then put back on)
Remote entry (doors, trunk)
T-Top bags in perfect shape
17" wheels

The car’s original wheels were long gone when I bought it, but have since purchased a set of staggered 88 gold snowflake wheels (you can see a pic of them in my shed). I have the plastic lug nut covers but no center wheel caps.

Also have purchased a DRL kit (never installed). I have an extra intake manifold, (with gasket set) Pontiac accessory bag, center armrest, beautiful Lloyd floor mats. Danyel's LED side marker lights - I also have originals if you want to go back)

Driver side quarter window was replaced by me a couple of years ago. The previous owner had cracked it and took off the upper corner when putting on the T-roof. I had tried to keep that on as long as possible but eventually had to replace it. The replacement is NOT one of the premium replacement windows (which came out about a month after I replaced the window)

This car is near perfect. So many compliments. I would not hesitate to go on a road trip in it (except I want to keep mileage down). It’s a summer driver – two or three times a week for me.

Importing a car back to the US is not that hard and I will certainly help in any way I can. I’m selling simply because I have had my fun with it.

Here are pics (from last summer). More available upon request (but not till I get it out of storage)

[This message has been edited by pcgold (edited 10-24-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2022 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dumb question, what does CJB stand for?
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2022 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rich,

CJBs were 1988 factory cars that were shipped through to Cars & Concepts to be modified then shipped to the dealers and sold as new cars.

The non-CJB were installed on 84-87s (and some 88s too) by a network of 180 factory authorized dealers around the country. But these kits were supplied by C&C as well.

And I am quoting JScott from this thread - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...021104-2-024641.html which has more details.

edit: PCGold, that car is gorgeous, good luck with the sale!

[This message has been edited by Trinten (edited 04-13-2022).]

Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2022 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2022 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

edited to add "or reasonable offer"
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2022 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The red car...MG or Spitfire?
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2022 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

The red car...MG or Spitfire?

74 MGB
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2022 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:

74 MGB

Cool!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2022 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Did you sell that beautiful car?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2022 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
opps duplicate

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-31-2022).]

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2022 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Did you sell that beautiful car?

Nope. Still for sale. Had one offer, guy came by, showed me the money - cash - but too low.

[This message has been edited by pcgold (edited 06-05-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2022 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Still for sale.

Reasonable offers.
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2022 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RichLo1:

Dumb question, what does CJB stand for?

It is an RPO code. I don't know if it's an acronym. Think WS6 or other package types. You see them on the front fender sticker on Fieros.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2022 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

bought another car so any reasonable offers will be considered.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks beautiful! I have a friend near me looking for an 88 GT. Problem is "reasonable offer" can mean many things to many people.

Some people absolutely love xxxx cars and will pay a lot of money for a clean example. To other people, the same car is kind of cool, but does not have a high financial value. These 2 people can offer very different $ for the same car, and both are "reasonable" based on their viewpoints

Perhaps put it on eBay with a minimum reserve, and let the market dictate what is "reasonable"?

Good luck with the sale!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2022 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m interested. Give me a call.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2022 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I’m interested. Give me a call.

PM sent
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2022 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Wife wants it gone.

Make me an offer?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2022 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black and Canada. Hmmm well unfortunately not my first choice of color. but it is such a nice car

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-23-2022).]

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2022 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On ebay. Starting bid only $15,000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284912764877
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2022 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

My wife really wants this gone. Like, really wants this gone.

Make me an offer.
PFF
System Bot
slammin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2022 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slamminSend a Private Message to slamminEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pcgold,
I saw your listing on eBay expired without a bid. You should consider Bring a Trailer. Low mileage Fieros have been getting a lot of love there. GLWS Sam
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2022 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slammin:

Pcgold,
I saw your listing on eBay expired without a bid. You should consider Bring a Trailer. Low mileage Fieros have been getting a lot of love there. GLWS Sam

I did. They wouldn't accept it. Said it wasn't unique enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've seen other things on there which (to me at least) aren't unique at all.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2022 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First time Ive seen this car (because I read this thread).

If I had the money (and you would be in The Netherlands ) I would buy it in an instance.

Beautiful car.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2022 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

First time Ive seen this car (because I read this thread).

If I had the money (and you would be in The Netherlands ) I would buy it in an instance.

Beautiful car.

From the man himself. Thanx.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2022 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Just had rad replaced along with new thermostat, rad cap and system flushed.

If anybody has taken note, the Canadian dollar is worth about nothing compared to the US. My US$ asking price is now much - and I mean much - lower.

Makes whole cost including transportation to US more attractive.

Wife wants its gone.

Send me a DM if interested.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2023 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woohoo. Pending sale.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2023 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, where'd ya get that sweet cup holder?

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2023 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

I have one of those made by a member on this forum. I also purchased center console door & glove compartment, etc. Can't recall his member name but he does excellent work. I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

Found a link for TXGOOD,

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...130314-1-081983.html

Spoon
------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 02-12-2023).]

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2023 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Yup. As Spoon said.

Here's another link

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/055991.html

[This message has been edited by pcgold (edited 02-17-2023).]

Duck 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2023 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are your gold wheels for sale , and do you have 4 of them ?
PFF
System Bot
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2023 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wheels go with the car, sorry.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2023 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sale fell through. Over many months we had so much communication and arrangements. I then asked for a deposit and he ghosted me. Grrr.

Back up for sale. Any one interested?
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2023 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And she's off to her new home back in the United States. Gone to a great home of a Fiero collector. Hope he enjoys the car as much as I did.

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2023 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pockets ain't deep enough in Canada to keep these here
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2023 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

Pockets ain't deep enough in Canada to keep these here

But the strange thing is most of the highly collectable ones that are being sold by Canadians I've noticed were bought from American previous owners. So...?

reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2023 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

reinhart

1095 posts
Member since Mar 2002

And she's off to her new home back in the United States. Gone to a great home of a Fiero collector. Hope he enjoys the car as much as I did.

How much $ did you end up selling for? Just curious...I also have a black/gold 88 GT
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2023 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

But the strange thing is most of the highly collectable ones that are being sold by Canadians I've noticed were bought from American previous owners. So...?

IMHO, the most highly collectible are CJBs. CJBs were never sold in Canada. Hence the reason why Canadians bought them from US previous owners.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2023 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pcgold

311 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by reinhart:

How much $ did you end up selling for? Just curious...I also have a black/gold 88 GT

Sorry, between me and buyer.

[This message has been edited by pcgold (edited 06-07-2023).]

reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2023 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMHO, the most highly collectible are CJBs. CJBs were never sold in Canada. Hence the reason why Canadians bought them from US previous owners.

I'm not just referring to T-tops.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock