A little confused (ticked off actually) by pcgold
Started on: 10-05-2022 01:03 PM
Replies: 10 (659 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 10-17-2022 11:57 AM
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2022 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As many of you know I am trying to sell my 1988 GT CJB

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/079799.html

I "applied" to have it on Bring A Trailer.

The response I got was that it was not "unique" enough.

So, today, this is now on BaT.

https://bringatrailer.com/l...86-pontiac-fiero-45/

What is so unique about this Fiero? More mileage, also auto, 86, not 88.

(This post is not to disparage this 86 Fiero, it's a fine looking car.)

I just don't understand BaT's rationale, is all.

Update. I've emailed BaT to see if they will reconsider.

[This message has been edited by pcgold (edited 10-05-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2022 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with you. It makes no sense. I have two '86 GTs and they aren't that unique whereas an '88 GT with the T-top is.

Any chance it could be that you're north of the 49th parallel? Does B.A.T. tend to stick to U.S. cars?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2022 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

I agree wDoes B.A.T. tend to stick to U.S. cars?

That's what I'm wondering. I never paid attention to the location of these cars. Are they only in the U.S?
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2022 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

Any chance it could be that you're north of the 49th parallel? Does B.A.T. tend to stick to U.S. cars?

Crossed my mind too but then I remembered I've seen lots of cars on BaT from Canada.

Edited to say - I'm wrong. See post below. Seems there is a bias against Cars North of the Border.

[This message has been edited by pcgold (edited 10-14-2022).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2022 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This isn't the first time a Fiero owner has posted here about BAT's refusal to list a Fiero, but a quick search didn't yield the example I was hoping to copy here.
It's helpful for the search engine if the title is more 'searchable' i.e. refers to the content such as "BAT won't list my Fiero".
It may also better catch the eye of someone interested in or experienced with the topic.

I dunno what their acceptable listing parameters are, but there sure are a lot of regular late model major manufacturer's cars between the interesting cars.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2022 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe put in the post about it being the only mid engine car produced in America prior to the new corvette.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2022 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, just got a response from BaT. Reading between the lines, unless it's a stupid expensive one-off, they don't want a car from Canada.

"Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your Fiero GT and thanks for your patience while we get back to you to provide some additional insight during this busy time. It looks to be a nice example and I'm sorry that we won't be moving forward with a listing.

To give you some additional perspective, we are a curated marketplace and unfortunately cannot list every vehicle that comes through our system. While we do have a strong userbase in Canada, we have found bidding to be a bit tighter for vehicles located outside of the US. I personally am a big fan of these T-Top Fieros, but our curation team tends to favor the 5-speed examples. Ultimately, we want you to have a successful auction, and hopefully we will continue to feature more and more vehicles in Canada.

We certainly appreciate the merits of your car and our decision does not mean it isn't desirable. As much as we hate to pass on any listing, it is sometimes a necessary part of our curation process.

We wish you the best of luck with the sale and hope to have the opportunity to work with you in the future.
"
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2022 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Screw 'em. Their loss.
Eliredandblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2022 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EliredandblackSend a Private Message to EliredandblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BAT makes their profit from the fee ( paid by the winning bidder). I guess they don’t want to spend the bucks to have the car photographed and then not ever be sold. If you watch the cars listed, in most cases they are high value, with the exception of project cars. They like the $ 200 k plus cars a lot, the buyers fee are obviously higher.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eliredandblack:

BAT makes their profit from the fee ( paid by the winning bidder). I guess they don’t want to spend the bucks to have the car photographed and then not ever be sold.

Bat doesn't quite work that way re: the photos. You take your own photos or pay BaT to have a professional take them. They don't do this at their cost. I spent a few hours taking pictures of everything on that car. You send in your "application" including all the pics and a description, then they work with you to draft the auction. It's all in their website.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eliredandblack:

BAT makes their profit from the fee ( paid by the winning bidder). I guess they don’t want to spend the bucks to have the car photographed and then not ever be sold. If you watch the cars listed, in most cases they are high value, with the exception of project cars. They like the $ 200 k plus cars a lot, the buyers fee are obviously higher.

Contrary to the above, here's the actual fee info on the BAT site showing that over $100,000 there's no additional selling fee:

How Our Fees Work
Sellers pay a $99 listing fee, with the option to add our Plus photo service for an additional $250. There are no other seller fees on BaT.
Buyers pay a 5% fee on top of the final sale price to BaT, with a minimum of $250, and capped at $5,000.
Contact us for pricing of our White Glove Service.

Also: 2021 average selling price: $46,435

Bring a Trailer sold US$829 million in cars in 2021 - Driving.cahttps://driving.ca › auto-news › entertainment › bring-a...
Jan 13, 2022 — The average sale price of a vehicle on BaT in 2021 was US$46,435, up from US$34,996 the previous year.

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 10-17-2022).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock