Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Taillight repair covers for sale on ebay. Not mine (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Taillight repair covers for sale on ebay. Not mine by Cavvy09
Started on: 06-15-2016 08:21 AM
Replies: 182 (6464 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 08-22-2016 08:33 AM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
Slammed, I honestly thing you may be onto something.......

Now that the overlays are being produced I doubt I ever try to make my tail light kit. I do have all the stuff here to start to do the mock up. I've had that stuff on hand maybe 5-6 years now. Even if these overlays would have not shown up I may have never done it anyway. If I was a younger man I possibly (probably) would. It would not be an OEM reproduction. A custom design like the Corvette lens panel (but nothing like the Corvette tail light panel). Many years ago I had that ambition. Not so much anymore. To make my 308 front bumper kit was a lot of work. A lot. Took a long time and a lot of effort. But I needed it for my 88 Mera so it was easier to get that done. If I would make my custom design 86-88 GT tail lights I'm sure some would want it. I think the design would look really good on the 86-88 GT's. But to make this kit it would require a lot of time and effort getting everything just right. Many jigs etc. Trial and error. Getting it just right etc. Just keeping up with what I do now is at times a challenge keeping everything in stock at all times.

But if for some reason I happened upon the OEM dies that so far seem to have been lost I would in a heartbeat buy them and make a run of 86-88 GT tail light lenses as quick as humanly possible.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
ITR SOL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2016 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since I was mentioned, I'm going to chime in. I don't know who is behind the lenses, and frankly don't care unless another issue develops. I don't think it's fair that a few people are dragging things out like this. Slammed apparently had some issues of some kind, and was inconsistent in their communication. There's questions about whether or not the original product promised was ever viable or not. Here's the thing, they're offering a new product, and have delivered. From the looks of it, there are no issues with people paying for a product and either not receiving it or having issues with the quality. The people dragging this out have no intention of purchasing the product, and are just arguing for argument's sake.

So, I'd ask Rodney, Patrick, and anyone else that wants to perpetuate this, to please stop. You've stated your opinions, and are now deliberately interfering with the process of people being able to buy or sell needed products. The members who want/need this product are not likely to make their decisions based on what you're doing/saying. I personally am waiting for notchback tail light covers, and WILL be buying a set unless there is actual evidence of some kind of fraud uncovered prior to my purchase. Notice, I said evidence, not opinion. Many older members are no longer posting in this forum, and are merely lurking (if that) because of behavior like this.

If you're not looking to buy or add something more than accusations, please stop harassing both the vendor, and indirectly the potential customers here. There are so few vendors left, I'd hate to see someone get run off that has actually solved one of the most difficult issues for us, with the tail light cover option. At this point, it's looking worse on the accusers than they are making it look for the accused.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Define your conception of "soon". A few weeks? A few years? A few decades?? Infinity and beyond???

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITR SOL:

So, I'd ask Rodney, Patrick, and anyone else that wants to perpetuate this, to please stop.

With all due respect, it was Slammed himself that brought my name into this discussion when I previously had nothing to do with this thread.

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

I stayed out of this one. But then you feel the need to bring my name up. You must miss me.

If it's not already painfully obvious, Slammed loves the attention and notoriety.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was out mowing my ditch. Had time to do some thinking. I do know a guy that might be interested in making the tail lights I have envisioned. I'm going to run it by him and see what he says. Good guy. Ambitious as can be, engineer (I believe). Has tools. Would maybe have to buy a few things. It is not really his area but he is an excellent craftsman and capable. Real straight shooter. No BS. He would not tell a bunch of lies etc. I think my idea is a worthy one and if produced I believe some would like to have them on their 86-88 customized GT's.

Rodney

PS: As long as I see what I think is a compulsive/pathological lair posting lies here I'll always want to call that person on the carpet. I do not believe a compulsive/pathological liar should be allowed to run free here. Unchallenged this person would undoubtedly get even more outlandish. You say I won't quit. The other guy needs to quit telling lies. Then people like me won't attack him for what we perceive as a liar. Gee, that solves everything now doesn't it.

busa_powered posted: Rodney was horrible to her, she produced them though, haven't heard a peep from him since.

I had not posted for a long time prior to this post from busa_powered. I had to post again stating that I never said anything about the overlays. Just the lenses and aluminum dies claim although I was really tempted with the fake shipping tracking numbers post office thing.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

I'm expecting a set on June 29th so we will see

Did you get them?
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2016 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not going to keep this going, but I will say this, at what point of following through with their product will you admit that they aren't misleading anyone and in fact are keeping their word? Would it be 10 sets, 25 sets? If they're producing the lenses and people are satisfied with their purchases, then honestly what you guys are doing is just satisfying your own urge to hassle them, period. I understand you don't see it that way, but several members have called it. At this point, you're not damaging their reputation, but potentially your own.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITR SOL:
At this point, you're not damaging their reputation, but potentially your own.

I'm OK with that. I have been moving in a new direction lately developing parts for other car models. I don't see myself developing too many new Fiero parts anymore. I have some new Fiero stuff coming but probably not much after that. I can't be involved here much anymore. This guy has a serious mental health problem. It is better that I stay away from this place now.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney, I'm a customer of yours, and a very proud one, at that. Everything I've purchased from you has exceeded my expectations. ITR SOL has a very potent point, one I could not have worded any better. Your concern for a quality product from a trustworthy vendor is a concern any potential buyer of this elusive product should have. Those of us willing to risk the dough must accept that, as this new vendor must prove themselves. I see both sides of the situation from the outside, but I do feel as though you've been overly critical; enough to dissuade someone who may actually be making an honest effort despite criticism. Slammed has a very rocky start now, no matter what quality she may offer. If she should overcome, she proves to be stronger than the average American. Should she fail, well, she caved in to the critics. I'm no expert on body work, but I do know this product is a very difficult one to achieve. Hence the lack of any solution since the original molds were lost. I'm smart enough to overlook false hope, but she has provided product that demonstrates her capability so far. I do hope we soon reach a point where we are all encouraging slammed to be all she can be. The Ebay offering is very promising with the protection eBay offers. I do truly hope this evolves into a positive vendor as I watch the generations that truly care for Fieros slowly seem to diminish.
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Did you get them?

They where delivered to the rental office late yesterday afternoon, so I'll pick them up this morning and we will see
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They where delivered to the rental office late yesterday afternoon, so I'll pick them up this morning and we will see

That is a POSITIVE development.
PFF
System Bot
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

That is a POSITIVE development.

Well this is the latest update. It seem like that these taillight repair kits have not even been shipped yet. They where suppose to be delivered yesterday in Daytona Bch. FL. June 29th by Fedex, but no delivery. Call fedex this morning and Fedex says that the item had not even been pick up to ship. Called E-Bay an inform them of the problem. So now the ball is in there court The price they charge me for the set was $320.00 with free shipping. So now e-bay can handle it

lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well this is the latest update. It seem like that these taillight repair kits have not even been shipped yet. They where suppose to be delivered yesterday in Daytona Bch. FL. June 29th by Fedex, but no delivery. Call fedex this morning and Fedex says that the item had not even been pick up to ship. Called E-Bay an inform them of the problem. So now the ball is in there court The price they charge me for the set was $320.00 with free shipping. So now e-bay can handle it

This is exactly what happened last time: Tracking numbers were provided, but the packages were never dropped off.

I wonder how many times and ways this person has to behave this way before people get off Rodney's case...
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Two customers from the first run received passenger side lenses that were an 1/8 of an inch too small lengthwise, and while this doesn't affect fitment or appearance once installed, we wanted to make sure we corrected the issue before sending any more out. Your order as well as the others have been painted and will be ready to ship by this coming Saturday the 2nd. If you would like a refund, please let us know and we will send it out immediately.

We thought it was an isolated incident with Shho13 which he showed in his before installation video, but when the other said his passenger was short too we felt we needed to fix it first

I apologize for the delay and for not contacting you sooner. If you need to contact us, we posted our number in the ad, someone is always available to talk if something is wrong.

Originally posted by lorennerol:

This is exactly what happened last time: Tracking numbers were provided, but the packages were never dropped off.

I wonder how many times and ways this person has to behave this way before people get off Rodney's case...

I would like to point out that this is a brand new ebay account and as such we do not receive any of the funds until 3 days AFTER the product has been delivered. We are selling on ebay for this very reason. We are not capable of taking any persons money. It has been 7 business days, at the second day we found about the issue and have been working to correct it.

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 06-30-2016).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is a NEGATIVE development. But a consistent pattern.........,
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

I would like to point out that this is a brand new ebay account and as such we do not receive any of the funds until 3 days AFTER the product has been delivered. We are selling on ebay for this very reason. We are not capable of taking any persons money. It has been 7 business days, at the second day we found about the issue and have been working to correct it.

Did you communicate to the people who bought your products and got tracking numbers that they would not be receiving the product?

Look, I've tried to be reasonably objective here, but it's the same BS over and over and over. A handful of people got product, and some of that had quality issues. You've repeatedly stopped responding to inquiries. You promised shipments by a certain date and didn't ship product. You promised refunds by a certain date and didn't issue refunds. You provided tracking numbers for packages that were never shipped. You claimed the packages WERE shipped, but that the shipper somehow lost all of them. You have declined to present your products in person to a local group. You have claimed that your connection to a known Fiero scammer is pure coincidence.

Any one of these things is passable, but the pattern of behavior, going back over a year now, is very consistent.

Seriously folks, I know we all want a GT tail light solution, but ordering from this vendor is just foolish.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It has been 7 business days, at the second day we found about the issue and have been working to correct it.

What it boils down to then is that you had eight days (six "business" days and a weekend) to send a quick email to your customers to inform them of the delay... and you didn't bother. You just let your customers continue to expect delivery on a particular day when the product hadn't even been shipped yet.

Wow...

Unbelievable, simply unbelievable.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you communicate to the people who bought your products and got tracking numbers that they would not be receiving the product?

Look, I've tried to be reasonably objective here, but it's the same BS over and over and over. A handful of people got product, and some of that had quality issues. You've repeatedly stopped responding to inquiries. You promised shipments by a certain date and didn't ship product. You promised refunds by a certain date and didn't issue refunds. You provided tracking numbers for packages that were never shipped. You claimed the packages WERE shipped, but that the shipper somehow lost all of them. You have declined to present your products in person to a local group. You have claimed that your connection to a known Fiero scammer is pure coincidence.

Any one of these things is passable, but the pattern of behavior, going back over a year now, is very consistent.

Seriously folks, I know we all want a GT tail light solution, but ordering from this vendor is just foolish.

There is no quality issue. When the original lenses have been modified, the fit and finish is perfect. Instead of simply laying over the lens like the driver side, the passenger side needed to kind of snap in place BEFORE the outer plastic on the original had been cut off. Once the window and lettering has been cut out there is no issue. Shho13 had this issue and his lenses turned out perfect with zero extra effort.

Again, ebay. If you don't want to buy don't. If you want lenses then do. The buyer is always right on ebay. There is literally zero possibility of coming out screwed.

I have a product. I'm doing everything I possibly can to be reliable and ship a product that I don't have to get an email saying they are short, and have to explain to not worry they will fit once the originals are modified. I sent out emails to the first 4 people that bought them and got back to work, it wasn't intentional. The tracking numbers show what is going on and that they weren't dropped off and they are through Fedex. This is the first time I've had purchases for these on ebay, I've apologized for the delay and given a date to ship and offered immediate refunds. I can't do more than I'm doing to correct it.

I'm sorry for the delay and lack of communication. I have 26 other products I'm selling, am attempting to fulfill two large wholesale orders and I'm trying to do a lot with the little help I have.

I am sorry.

Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

What it boils down to then is that you had eight days (six "business" days and a weekend) to send a quick email to your customers to inform them of the delay... and you didn't bother. You just let your customers continue to expect delivery on a particular day when the product hadn't even been shipped yet.

Wow...

Unbelievable, simply unbelievable.

So why is anyone surprised? You have been repeatedly warned about dealing with Slammed, this is their modus operandi . The name is a warning: deal with this person and get Slammed.
Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jonathan Tate

83 posts
Member since Jun 2015

There is no quality issue. When the original lenses have been modified, the fit and finish is perfect. Instead of simply laying over the lens like the driver side, the passenger side needed to kind of snap in place BEFORE the outer plastic on the original had been cut off. Once the window and lettering has been cut out there is no issue. Shho13 had this issue and his lenses turned out perfect with zero extra effort.

Again, ebay. If you don't want to buy don't. If you want lenses then do. The buyer is always right on ebay. There is literally zero possibility of coming out screwed.

I have a product. I'm doing everything I possibly can to be reliable and ship a product that I don't have to get an email saying they are short, and have to explain to not worry they will fit once the originals are modified. I sent out emails to the first 4 people that bought them and got back to work, it wasn't intentional. The tracking numbers show what is going on and that they weren't dropped off and they are through Fedex. This is the first time I've had purchases for these on ebay, I've apologized for the delay and given a date to ship and offered immediate refunds. I can't do more than I'm doing to correct it.

I'm sorry for the delay and lack of communication. I have 26 other products I'm selling, am attempting to fulfill two large wholesale orders and I'm trying to do a lot with the little help I have.

I am sorry.

Fact is stranger than fiction. Slammed is still having the same issues that caused all the trouble. In one line there is a product and the the rest of the explanation states that the product is not ready and thus not available for shipping. This is why it has not shipped. But why should that stop Slammed from selling it?
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Two customers from the first run received passenger side lenses that were an 1/8 of an inch too small lengthwise.

There is no quality issue.

You are talking in circles. I am fatigued of it and the other BS.
PFF
System Bot
Revoevom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RevoevomSend a Private Message to RevoevomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonathan Tate:

The name is a warning: deal with this person and get Slammed.

Now that's funny!

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are talking in circles. I am fatigued of it and the other BS.

All of them(mine) are pulled from the exact same aluminum mold and are exactly the same thickness, and they cannot shrink. This is a fitment issue due to difference in the size between original lenses presumably from expansion due to heat and uv. I fit every single lens by hand here on an original lens to align the lettering and window so there is no room for error, if one didn't fit my originals I would know. I have added an extra 1/8 of an inch to the molds

For all I know there could be differences in the original tooling. I don't have a hoard of tail lights to fit them on. All I know is that every single lens fit my original lenses before they shipped, otherwise they wouldn't be able to be painted

lou

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All of them are pulled from the exact same aluminum mold and are exactly the same thickness, and they cannot shrink. This is a fitment issue due to difference in the size between original lenses presumably from expansion due to heat and uv. I fit every single lens by hand here on an original lens to align the lettering and window so there is no room for error, if one didn't fit my originals I would know. I have added an extra 1/8 of an inch to the molds

WRONG.
All original gt tail lights were NOT made from the exact same molds. There were several tail light molds this is why there is a gap around the opening so it could accommodate slightly different sizes in taillight assemblies. Just look at the center gap between them and some sets will be slightly but noticeably different in size and shape. Anyone that has replaced even a few factory lenses that came from another Fiero on their original tail light base will have noticed that some lenses fit tight while others are slightly larger. Thus requiring more sealant to keep water out, this has always been the case even when they where new and the reason some of them get water intrusion. If you made your mold from a scan of one original right side tail light that was made in a slightly smaller mold then your lens cover will be tight on one that was made on a slightly larger mold and visa versa.

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou:

WRONG.
All original gt tail lights were NOT made from the exact same molds. There were several tail light molds this is why there is a gap around the opening so it could accommodate slightly different sizes in taillight assemblies. Just look at the center gap between them and some sets will be slightly but noticeably different in size and shape. Anyone that has replaced even a few factory lenses that came from another Fiero on their original tail light base will have noticed that some lenses fit tight while others are slightly larger. Thus requiring more sealant to keep water out, this has always been the case even when they where new and the reason some of them get water intrusion. If you made your mold from a scan of one original right side tail light that was made in a slightly smaller mold then your lens cover will be tight on one that was made on a slightly larger mold and visa versa.

I was talking about MY molds being exactly the same.

But thank you, that proves exactly what I was talking about. Differences in original tooling are the reasons some of mine fit and some are slightly too small

lou

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was talking about MY molds being exactly the same.

But thank you, that proves exactly what I was talking about. Differences in original tooling are the reasons some of mine fit and some are slightly too small

Yes exactly; you are WRONG. Wrong to assume that the size difference is because of the sun and wrong to think that these covers are going to fit over every original tail light lens and wrong to assume that the two different plastics are going to expand and contract at the same rate in hot and freezing temperatures and wrong when you stated that these will be more durable than the originals. I will not get into your business practices because you also have no idea what is wrong or right there either.

And I can read and knew exactly what you were trying to communicate in that comment even before you edited it, your original post is in my first reply. Now having read your previous posts, if you only processed some thought into what you write you would realize that your actions speak louder than your words.

Here is a picture to boot, the tail light on the right is 3.1 millimeters larger than the one on the left. If you had researched more carefully you could have avoided this issue.

Oh and you are welcome.

[This message has been edited by lou (edited 06-30-2016).]

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.[/IMG]

Oh and you are welcome.

"For all I know there could be differences in the original tooling. I don't have a hoard of tail lights to fit them on. All I know is that every single lens fit my original lenses before they shipped, otherwise they wouldn't be able to be painted"

I edited that in BEFORE your comment. In my instructions it is very specific that I leave extra material around the inside gap to accommodate for different sizes and bolt hole alignment in the body, but the extra these needed were on the outside edge. Check my posts in my thread, it is all there and has not been edited. These were short on the outside curve.

They most certainly do expand and contract at different rates because one has color and one does not, UV absorption is completely different.

I have a video of me hitting these with a 5lb mini sledge, it is in the ad and my post. Yes, they are more durable, many times more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lElbiryByQc

You go do that to your originals and post back.

AND they will absolutely fit any lens because you can grind the hell out of the thing and you will never see it beneath the covers. Ask Shho13 who did the write up I use. His passenger was too small. He just modified his lense a little more. I made these. I make several plastic products, injection and vacuum. I've been fabricating plastic parts for several years, it shows, and created a solution to a decade long problem. You do better and then talk.

ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2016 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slammed, I'd have to say continuing to debate with people is going to put a lot of people like me (potential buyers) off. I recommend just focusing on continuing production, and keep up on your communication and customer service. Over time, their criticism won't mean as much as your own established reputation. In the meantime, inconsistencies with your story and communication will continue to be an obstacle for you to prove you can surpass. If you keep things going in a positive direction, you'll have more customers than you can probably handle. If you keep things going like this, many people will simply avoid getting involved with this, including as a customer. Let them go, they will either be proved right or wrong by your actions.
lou

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a video of me hitting these with a 5lb mini sledge, it is in the ad and my post. Yes, they are more durable, many times more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lElbiryByQc

You go do that to your originals and post back.

Once more you write without thinking things carefully and once more you are wrong. I am sure that your lenses can take a hammer blow or two and that would be quite useful if backing into a hammer was a common occurrence. Durability is not rated by impact alone. Weather among other things is a huge factor. With the knowledge that the two materials expand and contract at different rates, how long will it take for the thinner of the two to develop cracks due to weather, vibration and shock? When will these cracks expand to the point that the original material will leak or break? You are charging $350 for the lens covers so its not like they are so inexpensive that I would not care about longevity. For me these are a patch not a solution as I expect to keep my Fieros for a long time.

If you managed the communication with your paying customers with the frequency that you post here you would resolve some of the issues that have been brought up by others. I can see that this experience has educated you in the last few months. Now you have to develop the maturity and discipline it takes to run a successful business. You could learn a lot from Rodney and if you are to excel in this market Rodney is the one to watch. In any case I admire your tenacity and since I am not a customer for these I will no longer take up your time.

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Once more you write without thinking things carefully and once more you are wrong. I am sure that your lenses can take a hammer blow or two and that would be quite useful if backing into a hammer was a common occurrence. Durability is not rated by impact alone. Weather among other things is a huge factor. With the knowledge that the two materials expand and contract at different rates, how long will it take for the thinner of the two to develop cracks due to weather, vibration and shock? When will these cracks expand to the point that the original material will leak or break? You are charging $350 for the lens covers so its not like they are so inexpensive that I would not care about longevity. For me these are a patch not a solution as I expect to keep my Fieros for a long time.

If you managed the communication with your paying customers with the frequency that you post here you would resolve some of the issues that have been brought up by others. I can see that this experience has educated you in the last few months. Now you have to develop the maturity and discipline it takes to run a successful business. You could learn a lot from Rodney and if you are to excel in this market Rodney is the one to watch. In any case I admire your tenacity and since I am not a customer for these I will no longer take up your time.

Which is why they are attached with silicone. They aren't glued in place. There is more than enough flexibility in the silicone to combat any cracking. If two extremely hard urethanes can stay solid bonded for 20+ years before they delaminate, then a urethane with a flexible adhesive and flexible cover should stay together for a considerable amount of time. I won't argue I've handled business poorly, I can just apologize and do better. But I will most certainly stand up for my product and not let someone tell me I am wrong
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hahahahahahahahahaha, I love how there is another Fiero in the reflection! ☚(゚ヮ゚☚)

Help, I want to get off Mr. Bone's Wild Ride...
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

In case any of you guys forgot, I would like to say for the 783rd time, on top of my videos on these things, my installation thread, and 836 pictures, including the ones used in the Ebay ad, Slammed's lenses are TOP NOTCH. Would recommend to anyone. Durable like crazy. I can bend them, punch them, and -- dare say, even fart on them without fear of them cracking or shattering! O.O

Keep it going guys, I love it. More page views brings the forum lots of ad revenue... Cliff must be laughing so hard right now at you guys... It's been 6 threads of the same thing now!!!! HAHAHAHAHA! The ride never ends... (。→∀←。)

Slammed, you should make a website. something like FieroTailLightLens.com and put Adsense on it. Make sure there is an open forum there, you'll be rich from all the people constantly arguing, since clearly, tail lights are cursed!
------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 06-30-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

All the neighsayers, PLEASE give it a rest! ALl the name calling and conspiracy theories Please, enough is enough, seriously....

Ok, so the lens is NOT a full and complete lens like the intention was when starting out, things happen!

What has been produced are lenses that are 80% of what was originally talked about, and they are pretty much flawless. This certainly shows that a lot of time and effort and research went into this. Molds were made, lettering templates and application technique perfected, On top of that some serious plastic forming has been mastered.

This is something I have seen people say in MANY threads that just was not possible to do. Now a much needed product is available to Fiero GT Owners. The lens covers have received rave reviews from members here on the forum that purchased, and took deliver of them.

Sure, communication and order delivery have been... well, to be honest, pretty much horrible in the past. Things seem to be improving, and a new product is now available. Why can't people just be grateful for this!

Let's just cut right to the chase - are YOU producing these for Slammed or do YOU have the molds? You seem to have a very strong vested interest in this project. If so, all of this could be cleared up with a picture of the molds from you or him, which has yet to be seen. FWIW - NO ONE is going to steal any secrets from a mold unless you have some crazy type of metal that you are hiding, and I doubt that. It's the same shape as the final product, so I'm not sure what "secrets" are being protected here ...
gmctyphoon1992

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To be honest it's not the vested interest in this nor is it quality concerns for most people that worries them. It is the shady lack of communication that in any sense is just bad business. It just hurts your reputation and decreases your credibility to the point that now even your skills are being questioned. You know we appreciate your ability time and effort obviously you have product but the main reason many including me are staying away from these is pretty much not because of quality concerns or defected products but mostly do to the fact of poor communication, missed deadlines, vanishing for days at a time etc. You posted in a previous thread that you understand that this is your weak point but now we just want to see improvements in your business practice before most of us could ever trust you enough to buy what is to most expensive products from you. With that said I have no vested interest in this for now so I'll keep out again but I do want to say is that I am very very pleased buyer from rodney due to his extremely high quality products but also due to his good business practice. Instead of bickering with him maybe you should more seek his advice and help considering his success in being a top vendor with quality parts and many connections it could benefit both of you greatly.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gmctyphoon1992:
...Instead of bickering with him maybe you should more seek his advice and help....

Yeah. THAT will happen.

(That was not a dig at... anybody. I just found it amusing.)
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have decidedly mixed feelings about dredging this up again, but did anyone actually receive the product they ordered via eBay? I see that the 'sales' have now been curtailed there.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, even though I need a set of these, I would never order anything from SLAMMED. I don't doubt the existence of the product, but the complete lack of communication, follow-thru, combined with fake shipping/tracking numbers - this person has no credibility. I'll just keep looking for a decent set of originals and restore them if needed.

While new tail lights (or equivalent) are desperately needed, SLAMMED is just not worth the trouble. Too bad, looked like a great product, but I would never give my money to this person.

The good news is that it "can" be done, so hopefully someone with some common sense and ethics will eventually produce these. Once that happens, I will gladly give THEM some of my hard earned money.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...did anyone actually receive the product they ordered via eBay?

Doubtful. If you look Here, you'll see that there has been no feedback left at all for these tail light covers.

Weird.
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm one of the guys that brought a set of Taillight Repair Kits from slammed on e-bay after three weeks no lens with nothing but excuses.
, And yesterday I talked to the guy that answer the phone and he said they where having problems with product and they wasn't going to fool with the lens right now. They refunded my monies of $320.00 to PayPal so I'm finished doing business with slammed

Originally posted by Patrick:

B
Doubtful. If you look Here, you'll see that there has been no feedback left at all for these tail light covers.

Weird.

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just when I thought it was safe to come back to the mall......
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2016 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received a message through ebay yesterday from clearholsters. They said they shipped the orders out the day before (monday) at 6PM. My tracking numbers don't show anything yet. I'm not sure if those are still valid or if new ones were made. I have tried to call the phone numbers provided but I haven't gotten past the answering machine yet or received a call back. The email said I should have them by the end of the week. So now I wait and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock