Front turn signal light covers by seajai
Started on: 01-24-2016 11:57 PM
Replies: 90 (4653 views)
Last post by: Fiero Thomas on 02-06-2020 07:14 PM
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got a set of tinted and they look and fit great! Thanks seajai
IP: Logged
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2016 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no jokes about what my bumper is sitting on! love the look. now just need the rears.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 5.9 motor
1985 Honda V65 Magna

bdank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bdankSend a Private Message to bdankEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a set of the smoked!!
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the process of making more, I will contact you when they're ready to go.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not recall seeing you mention the standard GT bumper anywhere..... I see the formula is now done, and they look AMAZING. Are there plans for lenses for the GT rear bumper?
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I do not recall seeing you mention the standard GT bumper anywhere..... I see the formula is now done, and they look AMAZING. Are there plans for lenses for the GT rear bumper?

I have plans to make them, it's just going to be a little bit yet. This lens cover project has eaten all of my time and I haven't even started on my own car repairs. I need to get going on those or I won't have a car to drive this summer.

Finished Formula style bumper lens covers:

I will be selling these for $50/pair for the front covers only, or $90 for a full set of front and rear covers, plus the cost of shipping......... There are a couple ways these can be mounted: The first way would be to double stick tape neodymium magnets to the cover and the bumper, this would allow easy install and removal. The down side to this is that the smoked acrylic is fairly transparent and the tape/magnet can be seen through the cover (especially on lighter color cars) and it kinda ruins the look. The other way would be to use 3M mounting tape on the perimeter of the cover. The perimeter of the cover is rounded to match the radius of the opening on the bumper so the application of a clear mounting tape on this area would give the cleanest look. I am selling covers only, I'm going to leave it up to the buyer to choose the tape vs magnets mounting options.

Park lights on:

Turn signal flashing:

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a full set of formula covers shipped to portage, mi 49024. Pm me the total and where to send PayPal! They look awesome.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Chris
Can ya PM me total (full set) including shipping to Levis, Quebec Canada G6V-8P3
regards
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-14-2016).]

Macondave

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MacondaveSend a Private Message to MacondaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would like a smoke color set for my 87 gt. Please let me know if available
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look awesome!
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macondave:

Would like a smoke color set for my 87 gt. Please let me know if available

GT ones will be available again soon.

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:
I have plans to make them, it's just going to be a little bit yet. This lens cover project has eaten all of my time and I haven't even started on my own car repairs. I need to get going on those or I won't have a car to drive this summer.

What do you need a car to drive this summer for, I mean really?!

Looking forward to when you have GT rear bumper covers. I want a pair, and you can 100% put me down for them. Let me know how much shipped to 33463, and where to PayPal when you have them ready. -OR- if they are ready around the end of July or so, I will just pick them up in Frazee
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PayPal sent!
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine! Very good packaging, fast shipping and perfect quality. I used some clear double side tape to mount them. I'm going to see how it holds up, not sure I trust it. Might make some sort of a bracket to hold them on if the tape doesn't work good. I can't pull them off easily so maybe it will be ok. Pictures:

And flash on:
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent!

It was suggested on FB to maybe paint the inside of the lens away from the light opening to allow magnets to be used to hold the covers in place. I was thinking that in lieu of using paint, a dark limo window tint could be applied to the back side which would not be visible but would hide the attachment points on the magnets. You would just need to cut out an opening in the tint so the turn signal could be seen. I did try neodymium magnets at first, they worked quite well but could be seen through the acrylic which didn't look very good. I think the tint would be a good to hide them.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 03-18-2016).]

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very happy with them. I think the clear double side tape should hold up ok.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroMaster88

7680 posts
Member since Nov 2000

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 03-18-2016).]

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroMaster88

7680 posts
Member since Nov 2000

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroMaster88

7680 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a couple better pictures:

PFF
System Bot
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just installed mine. I really didn't want to drill holes in the bumper so had to figure something out. I was able to get my hand up and into the signal ight recess and clipped two Bulldog Clips on each side:

http://www.deserres.ca/en-c...g-clip/595/ACPINCNO/

Seem to work just fine. Can't see them at all. Don't know how long they will hold.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

Clips can also be used without the screws to hold the covers in place.
Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still for sale? I'm interested in a smoked set. Thanks.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gwhite18:

Are these still for sale? I'm interested in a smoked set. Thanks.

GT or formula? I don't have any of either right now but I do plan on making more. I don't have a production date but they will happen, I have a sheet of acrylic taking up space in my shop.

Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gt. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next run.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any luck with making ones for the GT rear bumper?
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2016 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Any luck with making ones for the GT rear bumper?

Not yet, but it's on the list.
Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so whats going on? Are there more smoked ones ready for the GT bumpers? If so add me to the list. P&T
Manitou

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManitouSend a Private Message to ManitouEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to have one set too for my '86 GT
PM sent also
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2016 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy October!

I took a break from this project to enjoy a summer full of car shows and club events (and running my ceramic tile installation business).

I am currently working through some distortion issues on the lenses which occur during the forming process. I believe it's due to excessive moisture in the acrylic so I am building a drying oven to hopefully remove said moisture and alleviate the problem. I should know in a few days if my efforts were a success. Stay tuned.
PFF
System Bot
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2016 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Chris

Can you PM me total including shipping to Chicoutimi, Quebec Canada G7J4P6 for a Rear Only Formula set ? I installed a GT bumper in front and already have an orignal set from Munson.

regards

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 | Work done 13-14 | Work done 15-16 | 4.9 Swap |

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2016 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a full set FR & RR ........ PM paypal include shipping to Levis, Quebec, Canada ... I erased by error the quote you had s nt me

regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

mrstan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2016 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrstanSend a Private Message to mrstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you have pictures of these on the GTs installed? I see the pix of the process of putting on the connector, but not installed. The se ones look fabulous...
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2016 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a pic of them installed on a bumper at the top of this page, I don't have any good outdoor shots though.
Here is a pic of them installed on my car:

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 10-13-2016).]

88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2016 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent

------------------
Pat Jones

88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still making these?---sent you a pm

------------------
Pat Jones

vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope these are available soon!
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I apologize for the delays, lens covers are back in production.

My GT lens covers are now available through Blacktop Racing's website. He also has the GM #15999788 mounting clips available as well. Please visit: https://www.blacktop.racing...t-turn-signal-covers to order.

Due to a variety of factors I will not be producing the covers for the Formula/SE style bumper at this time.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 02-12-2017).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:
Due to a variety of factors I will not be producing the covers for the Formula/SE style bumper at this time.

You did not mention the GT rear bumper. Is that an oversight, or a good thing?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock