Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  c5 Corvette rotors and calipers on you 84-87, mounting brackets (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
c5 Corvette rotors and calipers on you 84-87, mounting brackets by sluppy123
Started on: 05-08-2015 01:51 AM
Replies: 77 (5644 views)
Last post by: renderareason on 07-21-2020 10:07 AM
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was under the impression you wanted the c5/c6 caliper?? Mounting the 13" rotors using the stock 88 calipers is simple, all that is needed is a bracket and a spacer for the bridge of the caliper to make it accept the wider rotor.
IP: Logged
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sluppy123:

I was under the impression you wanted the c5/c6 caliper?? Mounting the 13" rotors using the stock 88 calipers is simple, all that is needed is a bracket and a spacer for the bridge of the caliper to make it accept the wider rotor.

C5/C6 calipers swap is very difficult and alot of mods must be made to use them properly ... I did buy those calipers when I had my Widow ... now I have an 88 Formula.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
... but thank you fot putting out these kits .... they are really well made THX

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for saleMy LED Sidemarkers for sale

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:
Fieroguru used to make these 13'' swap .... using the OEM 88 calipers

And... I do not condone someone copying my kit or others lobbying for it to be copied...
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

And... I do not condone someone copying my kit or others lobbying for it to be copied...

Show's your professionalism and sense of devotion to this forum THANK YOU GURU !!!
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well now I know what you guys are after I will have to figure out a few things. The 13" rotors he was using that work with the fiero calipers is going to be the fun mystery to solve. Might be too much to ask of guru to share that. Off to ebay and Brakemotive I go.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2015 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd would say check with ...

2004 subaru sti front rotors 12.84"
or
98 Cobra Mustang Front 13" rotor used a PBR 38x38mm calipers
and
99+ Cobra Mustang Fronts 13" rotor used a PBR 40x40mm calipers

I'd be leaning toward the cobra side ... with 13' a bit of trimming needs to be done to the 88 caliper for it to sit properly ... not a big modification..

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-12-2015).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally want vette calipers, or at least better calipers, over the 88.
The stock ones are garbage when you are putting down more power and especially for track days

I need an upgrade
Darth Z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those kits definitely look amazing. I need to order a set, I only wish I would have been looking around sooner. I definitely need the front C5 kit. Have you started making the rear C4 kit for an 87 yet? And as DKcustoms stated, I would like a better grade of caliper than an 88 Fiero caliper. I cannot yet drive my car, but I do want to upgrade as I go, and I'm sure that the C5 brakes are a huge improvement over stock.
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the help of a few forum members I think we have narrowed down the correct rotor. won't know for sure until I get my hands on one.
cavalier3400z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cavalier3400zClick Here to visit cavalier3400z's HomePageSend a Private Message to cavalier3400zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the front and rear available for purchase?
PFF
System Bot
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a few sets available, message me if interested.
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top. I have 2 sets available if anyone is interested.
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have any rear bracket kits ready? I bought everything a while back that I need to make an install video except rims/tires. I just pulled the parts out to get ready for the video and realized that I do not have the bracket kit for the rear.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a few of these available, I also have two sets of custom lightweight aluminum hubs that would pair perfectly with this swap. Normally the hubs run $400 but sale price the rest of the month is $325, with the brackets $450 shipped in the US.
87Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2018 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still availabe?

I designed and machined these brackets for the front of 84-87 fieros. They mount C5 corvette 13" rotors and calipers on the front. The brackets are one piece machined from 7075 Aluminum and powder coated black. I will include the required grade 10.9 M14x2 caliper mounting bolts and grade 8 7/16" bracket bolts and nuts. I will also include the required centering ring turned from 6061 Aluminum.

These are the parts I used to complete the install. All were purchaced from rockauto.com The rotors are slotted and drilled and come with pads, the calipers are rebuilt and include the caliper mount.

Power stop rotor and pad kit, K1559-26
A-1 cardone caliper 18-B4702
A-1 cardone caliper 18-B4703
Dorman Banjo bolt 13912 2 needed

Price for 2 brackets, 4 caliper mounting bolts, 4 bracket mounting bolts and two centering rings $150 shipped

For an extra $150 I can provide new front hubs with the correct 2" long wheel studs installed. I use new fiero front rotors, Brake-Best brand. I turn off the rotor portion, turn the face of the hub back to compensate for the vette rotor thickenss and install Dorman 2" long wheel studs.

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2018 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87Fiero yes they are but looks like my pm's are being blocked.

[This message has been edited by sluppy123 (edited 06-12-2018).]

Hazze95

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hazze95Send a Private Message to Hazze95Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi sluppy i have sent u a PM. If u dont see it.. Do you still make these?
Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be in for a set as well.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2019 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
front and back cost?
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2019 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone interested please pm me. I still make these.

I do have rear options that use the 12" C4 Corvette rotors.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2019 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone interested please pm me. I still make these.

I do have rear options that use the 12" C4 Corvette rotors.

PM Sent,
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2019 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Z2h8t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2019 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Z2h8tSend a Private Message to Z2h8tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2019 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM about brackets for Wilwood calipers and something else.
The Wilwood calipers would be for an 88.

[This message has been edited by SCCA FIERO (edited 06-12-2019).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2019 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its just a matter of time before all 84-87 owners need to convert over to new calipers and rotors. My only hesitation with sluppys kit is that the caliper mounting brackets are aluminum not steel. Strength??? Beyond that everything looks great save for modification of the knuckle for mounting. If I understand it correctly we would need your kit plus rotors drilled to the Fiero bolt pattern and C4 Calipers all around. I estimate that we are looking at about a $1000-$1200 investment when all is said and done. Also assume that the Fiero master cylinder must be changed to accommodate the extra capacity of the Corvette dual piston calipers. Looks like things are on the right track but not quite there as yet.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2019 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[/b]

[B]Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Its just a matter of time before all 84-87 owners need to convert over to new calipers and rotors. My only hesitation with sluppys kit is that the caliper mounting brackets are aluminum not steel. Strength??? Beyond that everything looks great save for modification of the knuckle for mounting. If I understand it correctly we would need your kit plus rotors drilled to the Fiero bolt pattern and C4 Calipers all around. I estimate that we are looking at about a $1000-$1200 investment when all is said and done. Also assume that the Fiero master cylinder must be changed to accommodate the extra capacity of the Corvette dual piston calipers. Looks like things are on the right track but not quite there as yet.

How are things "not quite there yet"?? This swap has been done many times and you pointed out all the things that need changed to support the swap. And yes it's an expensive swap, you get what you pay for...

As far as the adapters being AL. They are plenty strong and engineered to handle the loads present. Material is 7075 aluminum, if you are not familiar with it's properties look it up. Same material aircraft landing gear are made of.

Z2h8t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2019 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Z2h8tSend a Private Message to Z2h8tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m interested in front and rear brackets. Sent you a pm. Thanks.
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2019 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ve already done the C4 rotors with ‘88 calipers front and rear on my ‘85 GT, is a different master cylinder required when going to the C5 front calipers?
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2019 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sluppy123,
I’m looking at the big picture. I think it is best to abandon the idea of using my ‘88 Fiero rotors/calipers and fitting those onto my ‘85 SE Fiero.
That being understood, do you still offer a Corvette big- brake upgrade? If so, please let me know👍
Cordially,
kevin
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2019 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got any 87 kits avail?
PFF
System Bot
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2019 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a few sets machined and ready to ship.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have calipers but haven’t rebuilt them yet. Your brackets and rotors only work for the 88 calipers correct?
FastCassius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2020 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastCassiusSend a Private Message to FastCassiusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still available for 1987 Fiero's? If I did the math correctly it looks like it would be $300 shipped for both the front and rear brackets plus a extra $140 for the re-built front hubs for the C5 Corvette rotors. Is that correct? I must say that based on the photo's posted that they look pretty amazing installed.

Please let me know. Thank you!
SSN669chris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2020 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SSN669chrisSend a Private Message to SSN669chrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2020 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Given that the kit for using Corvette calipers on a Fiero was designed to fit correctly; I do not understand how proper braking action can be had without changing to a larger master cylinder that can accommodate the the extra volume/capacity and piston size of the Corvette calipers. Am I wrong about this and if so why?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

2003CR500raf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2003CR500rafSend a Private Message to 2003CR500rafEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi I’m interested in the front
Brake setup for pre88.

Email me at 88CR125R@gmail.com
renderareason

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2020 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for renderareasonSend a Private Message to renderareasonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wanted to bump this thread as I just received my order. Everything looks great!

- Front C5 Corvette caliper adapters for use with C5 13" rotors (for 84-87 Fiero)
- Rear caliper adapters to move 88 Fiero Caliper out to fit 12" front C4 Corvette rotor (for 88 Fiero)

I also received new aluminum front hubs to match this brake setup.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock