Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Dew Wipes now available (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Dew Wipes now available by seajai
Started on: 01-23-2014 11:07 PM
Replies: 500 (25589 views)
Last post by: Alienbishop on 06-27-2023 11:01 AM
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 sets packed and heading to Idaho Thanks!
IP: Logged
Brucepts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceptsClick Here to visit Brucepts's HomePageSend a Private Message to BruceptsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my complete set the other day!

To think I was planning on rebuilding my own set . . . . pfffttttt!

Nice, product, delivery and packaging, thanks for offering these

------------------
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
http://www.flowbenchtech.com

Windshear II

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Windshear IISend a Private Message to Windshear IIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,
I received my set of inner and outer dew wipes today. The quality is just fabulous! A very happy customer of member "Saejai". I believe these wipes will still be doing their thing 50 years from now when the windows will have long stopped working!!

A happy customer!

Stephen
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weather is warming up......come on spring! As of 3/11/2024, current inventory is 9 pair outers and 6 inners. Will be bringing these to the MFF meeting on Monday too so all the local Minnesotan's who need dews bring you money and avoid the shipping cost. The next round of parts should be here on Thursday to build another 15 pair of outers.

"Think Spring!"
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM sent.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM reply sent
NC&StL

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NC&StLSend a Private Message to NC&StLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed a set of outer wipes and was very impressed with the quality and fit. Plus, the shipping was quick and they arrived well packed. Thanks!
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monday bump. Got another set headed to Florida today

Just wanted to mention, I have received a few PM's over the last couple weeks inquiring if the dew wipes are still available, I currently have both inners and outers in stock with parts on hand to build more. Also, I order parts to build more whenever my inventory gets low. So I will continue to stock these for the foreseeable future. I will also update my 1st post weekly with inventory and other info so if there is a current date and inventory you can be assured I have them ready to ship.

If you would like dew wipes but do not have PayPal, I will also take a money order or cashiers check for payment. Just PM me for my address.

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, I just dropped my payment in the mail. Hopefully I will see these in about 7-10 days. That way I can get them installed while on vacation.

Jim
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any sets of outers available?

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
81K miles
Bay City, MI

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

Any sets of outers available?

PM sent
PFF
System Bot
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seajai, U da man!!! I'll be ordering when my tax return gets here! It's raining like pony's & tigers here in WA State.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ponnari:

It's raining like pony's & tigers here in WA State.

Yea, its been all over the news here, lotsa rain and mud slides, pretty scary stuff. Stay safe and dry, I'm making more dew wipes as we speak so I'll have 'em on hand when you're ready for 'em!
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have a complete pair set of inners and outers left, I need them!! Let me know and I'll send payment.

------------------
White '87 GXP Fiero w/ '05 LS4 5.3L V8
Race rebuild 4e65ehd w/ TAPShift & DOD
12" Corvette slotted cross drilled rotors w/ 88' calipers
Koni shocks and struts
WCF front performance springs and rear coilovers

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

If you have a complete pair set of inners and outers left, I need them!! Let me know and I'll send payment.

Full set of inners and outers shipping out on Monday! Thanks

Just finished building another 15 pair of outers this weekend so current inventory is 16 pair of outers and 15 pair of inners.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

PM sent, I just dropped my payment in the mail. Hopefully I will see these in about 7-10 days. That way I can get them installed while on vacation.

Jim

Payment received today, shipping first thing in the morning.

I'm into my 3rd run of 15 which means 31 pair of outers sold so far. I'd like to say a great big THANKS! to everyone who has purchased from me.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

Payment received today, shipping first thing in the morning.

I'm into my 3rd run of 15 which means 31 pair of outers sold so far. I'd like to say a great big THANKS! to everyone who has purchased from me.

Wipes arrived today. They look great. Thanks again.

Jim

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Friday bump. Been kinda quiet the last couple weeks, couple questions but no orders, still have plenty of sets available.
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seq:

PM Sent

PM replied
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed my wipes today. They look fantastic. Great product.

Jim
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied.

Shipping these out first thing in the morning. Thanks for your order!
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

PM sent.

PM replied. 1 set headed to Vegas.... wish I was, but there is no way I'd fit in a shipping tube.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 05-10-2014).]

ausy88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ausy88gtSend a Private Message to ausy88gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

Inner and Outer dew wipes now available!

+The outer dew wipes are made using top quality "Made In USA" rigid weatherstrip material. The metal guide tabs are covered with a good quality flock window guide felt. The center guide blocks are OEM style with a rigid polypropylene pile lining. All parts are attached using the proper rivets so the dew will sit flat against the door.

Outer dew wipes will fit all years and models. Early 84's used a different dew wipe and will require a round filler piece to fill the gap between the dew wipe and the door skin. The pic at the bottom shows the difference.

+The Inner dew wipes are a modified part from a different GM vehicle. The design of these mean they will fit tightly on the door pinch weld.

Pricing:
Outers are $95 shipped in the US and $118 shipped to Canada.
A set of Inners and Outers are $125 shipped in the US and $148 to Canada.
Inners alone are $40 shipped US, and $63 Canada

As of Saturday May 10th 2014
I am currently out of stock on outers. I have parts on hand to build another 15 sets. These are shipped priority mail via the US postal service which is usually a 2 or 3 day delivery time depending on where you live. I will always ship within 24 hours of receipt of payment, except on Sunday when the post office is closed.

OUTERS:

New felt guide block installed. This pic also shows the good quality of the flocking on the weatherstrip.

New brackets with the proper rivets

Here is an end view pic showing the metal core with the proper bends to make the dew wipe rigid.

INNERS:

Installed on the door:

Retainer and door panel installed:

Here is a pic of the 1st design 84 dew wipe compared to a new one:

quins&dads88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent pm
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by quins&dads88:

Sent pm

PM replied.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 06-04-2014).]

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monday bump.
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Luke:

PM sent

PM Replied
PFF
System Bot
JS87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JS87FieroSend a Private Message to JS87FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had some questions about your product if you could contact me at 412-328-9624 whenever you could that would be great thanks my name is jake
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JS87Fiero:

Had some questions about your product if you could contact me at 412-328-9624 whenever you could that would be great thanks my name is jake

Contacted.

Currently have 9 full sets in stock.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a pair headed North to Canada and Installed a pair on a local club member's car today so that put's me down to seven sets remaining from run #4. That makes 53 pair of outers sold since January . Thanks to all who have purchased from me!
AeroDONamic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AeroDONamicSend a Private Message to AeroDONamicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just recieved a set outer dew wipes from Seajay top quality perfect fit packed very nice thanks for a great product
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally installed my dew wipes that I received a few months ago. Took me two evenings after getting home from work (one for each door). Buddy Craig on Youtube has a video series showing how to do this. I'm very, very happy with these wipes.

I'll post photos eventually. I've been in a big rush to get my car ready for a show on Sunday.

Notes & Tips:

• I tried to lift the window as some folks suggested, thus avoiding Rodney's tool. Didn't work. However, I seem to have somehow damaged my passenger window's mechanism while trying. It is very loud now. Just use Rodney's tool.
  • The centre hole is round, the outer four are oval. Do the round one first, or you'll give yourself a headache. I didn't notice right away...
  • When installing the outer dew wipes, the inners are off the car. At this point, the window doesn't move up/down straight. When the window is up, there is more room to maneuver rodney's tool into place, while it's easier to actually use the tool with the window is down. Some careful contortions (or a helper) allow you to move the windows while holding the tool in place.

Tools. I'd recommend having these before starting, saving yourself a trip to the store.

• Rodney Dickman's tool
  • Telescoping magnet. You'll very likely drop a screw down the door. If you have a helper, they can hold the magnet near the screw as you're removing it, to catch it before it falls.
  • Door panel removal tool. I had this one, but I think this set looks better. The tool in the top-right is much better suited to prying the pegs out.
  • Utility knife. Buddy Craig has you cut away some of the old wipes. It's much easier to use Rodney's tool after doing this, as my old wipes didn't flex at all. Don't cut the new wipes
  • PB Blaster/similar penetrant. Two screws were stuck. Of course it's two you need Rodney's tool for, and can't get leverage on...

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

[This message has been edited by seq (edited 07-11-2014).]

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you got them installed and that you are happy with them. Thank you for the positive review.

As you pointed out, it is important to start with the center screw. This hole is round and is what indexes the dew in the correct position on the door and must be done first. Also a wooden wedge pushed between Rodney's dew wipe tool and the window glass can help put a little extra pressure on the tool to keep it from slipping on the screw. Another trick is to use a needle nose pliers to grab on to the threaded portion of the screw when it is almost out to avoid dropping it into the door. (I have used this trick with 5 sets I have done and it works great.)
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. got to have new dews before I put my new glass in
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

PM sent. got to have new dews before I put my new glass in

PM replied

Brygida Fieros

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brygida FierosClick Here to visit Brygida Fieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to Brygida FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need inner set... shipping to FL 33401
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock