Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  brandX 3800 Motor Mounts for Sale again - Pre-orders being taken now (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
brandX 3800 Motor Mounts for Sale again - Pre-orders being taken now by IwannaIRM
Started on: 12-11-2013 12:52 AM
Replies: 73 (4007 views)
Last post by: Tuna Helper on 12-10-2014 09:33 PM
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello to all the forum members who know me and to those who don’t yet. I have recently acquired fieroX’s (Ryan’s) 3800 mount business. Ryan has gotten out of the 3800 mount business to pursue his gun business. I wish him success in his business endeavor.

Over the last four years Ryan has provided this community with a great set of 3800 mounts for everyone to use with their conversions. His mounts have received praise from many past customers on quality, fit and strength.

In acquiring this business I have insured Ryan that I will continue to utilize his fabricator to guarantee future customer’s the same level of quality that has become known with these parts.

These mounts are cnc plasma cut from ¼” steel and then they are placed into custom jigs and welded. Once the mounts are assembled and inspected they are painted (black), packed into a box and shipped to my location. Unfortunately, I cannot drive over to the fabrication shop since I live in a different state.

The construction of these mounts will be the same as they have always been from Ryan. Two of the pieces that bolt to the cradle will come without holes, so you can line them up yourself and drill your own holes to match your cradle. As most everyone knows, not all Fiero cradles are created equal or drilled the same. What this does is insure a proper and exact fit to YOUR cradle.

Once I receive the fabricated mounts from the fabricator, poly bushings are installed and hardware is added to create your personal 3800 mount package.

You will have the option of ordering your mounts with either black or red poly bushings. By default the mounts will come with black poly bushings.
All 3800 mount kits will be shipped USPS, included in purchase price unless the customer states otherwise. UPS or FedEx shipping will be at the customer’s expense.

Mounts can be purchased individually as well if you need replacement parts for broken mounts or just need engine mounts or perhaps only transmission mounts.

When ordering please specify the year of your Fiero cradle, year of engine and transmission and transmission type along with the color of poly bushing you prefer so that the correct mounts can be sent to you.
Pricing will be as follows:

$355/$340(prepay) – Complete set of mounts for pre-2002 installations
$385/$370(prepay) – Complete set of mounts for 2002 and newer installations
$260/$245(prepay) – Set of mounts for a manual installation (4 piece set)
$135/$125(prepay) – Low-mount alternator mounting bracket (uses Fiero alternator)

No payments being accepted at this time. Pricing is no longer valid until new fabrication is found and costs can be recalculated.
The following photo shows the brandX mounts (borrowed from Ryan). Please note the two different mounts for early and late model transmissions.

Pictures of the low-mount alternator bracket using the Fiero Alternator.

I will have some parts available starting Monday, December 16th. These are Ryan’s remaining parts that are being shipped to me. There are not enough parts for a complete kit so I can only sell them individually as replacement parts or purchase the missing parts to complete some sets.

Anyone interested in ordering please PM me and I will get things rolling. I would like to get 10 sets pre-ordered for the first order to the fabricator.

Thanks to Ryan for selling a great product to the Fiero community! And thanks to Ryan for selling me the business to keep these great products accessible to everyone.

NEW YEAR 2014 SALE

To welcome everyone to the new year and to kick start some people's winter projects I'm going to offer a 10% discount on all pre-paid orders from Jan 1st through Jan 14th for engine/tranny/low-mount alternator mounts. This discount is off the pre-pay price (see above).

All orders will be placed with the fabricator on Jan 15th and then sent to each person upon receipt from the fabricator.

Any questions or if you need my Paypal address please PM me or ask in this thread. I will answer all questions promptly.

Have a great New Year and happy engine swapping!

------------------
84 Fiero SE, Custom Hybrid (Updated to 88 wiring throughout, t-tops, V6, 5spd, Fastback, IMSA style whale tail/decklid with vents, T/A fender vents, Aus Scoops, Extractor Hood, Formula bumpers, Held coil-overs, Mr. Mikes Seats, Hidden Antenna, Low-profile headlights, Custom Pearl Blue Paint, 17" ADR Sokudo wheels)
84 Fiero DGP/IMSA Widebody (Resurection on hold again...will it ever be finished? Probably not, at this pace )

[This message has been edited by IwannaIRM (edited 07-09-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, congrats on your new business adventure I wish you all the best. When I decide to do another 3800 swap I will support your business and order from you.

Good Luck...

P.S. Can I get a discount since I did unlock your T-Top at Ruckus and sent you my spare key? LOL... Just kidding!

Edit: what about the low alternator mounts, doing them too?

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 12-11-2013).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve,
GREAT!! best of luck with the new adventure!,but I am done with two 3800sc swaps(for a while)

Will you have the F23 or F40 trans mounts to be made as well? I will go for that!

How's the IMSA going? If PK would ever get his running and down to TX we could have a IMSA party! Just say when...
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

P.S. Can I get a discount since I did unlock your T-Top at Ruckus and sent you my spare key?

Tom, you saved my t-tops from being broken. I think I still have that key somewhere....now where did I put that? We'll work something out for you.

Will you have the F23 or F40 trans mounts to be made as well? I will go for that!

No plans to add to the inventory just yet. Need to get my feet wet and build a good reputation before offering new products. Check back and I'll see what I can do for this option.

How's the IMSA going?

Hmmm, let's just say it's gone the way of Will. Not much more to say about that for now, will update as things change.
CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you clarify which style axles are used with these mounts ? Both auto and manual would be helpful info
Thanks
Ryan
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

Can you clarify which style axles are used with these mounts ? Both auto and manual would be helpful info
Thanks
Ryan

Ryan, unfortunately it's not a question I can answer at this point. Mustangsbeware and fieroX could address this question much better than I ever could. For my swap I will be ordering axles from Stephen so I don't have to figure it out on my own.

You would also have to be clear on which auto you're talking about since the HD and non HD transmissions use different axles from what I've read. I think the only common part is they both use the Fiero passenger axle and tripot while the driver's side axle is built using different donors for the HD tranny.

Sorry, I can't be of more help with the axles.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

Thanks
Ryan

With the manual mount set u would use just stock Fiero axles. With the auto set up u would use a stock auto DRV side axle from the Fiero. For the Pass side u would use a built axle using the donor axles from the Grand Prix and a stock outer manual Fiero CV.
CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok , I am using a fwd getrag (beretta) on a 2001 bonneville engine... am i missing anything major about potential fitment issues with doing the pre 2002 install set with manual mounts? Just looking to have a back up set if ever needed.
Thanks
Ryan
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where's everyones winter project needs? I read many posts where people are looking for mounts yet when they're offered everyone goes silent.

Is it because of the Christmas holiday? Because of a new owner? Let me know your hesitations in placing an order for the brandX mounts.

As stated earlier, these are made by the same manufacturer, with the same quality as before. No corners in fabrication or quality are being cut.

Once I make this first order I will always maintain a minimum of 6 complete sets in stock. 3 pre-2002 and 3 post-2002 mounts.

So, just a friendly bump for those who are interested in getting their mounts.
Bahrbarian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BahrbarianSend a Private Message to BahrbarianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say that I am very happy with the mounts I got from FieroX and the axle help in this thread was great too, because the axle question can be confusing. MStangsBWare, I'm doing my swap with a 2000 Bonneville non-sc/auto 4T65E. Can I use my Bonneville's axle to build the passenger side axle or would it be the wrong length where I should get one from a Grand Prix instead? Thanks!!

[This message has been edited by Bahrbarian (edited 12-16-2013).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bahrbarian:

I have to say that I am very happy with the mounts I got from FieroX and the axle help in this thread was great too, because the axle question can be confusing. MStangsBWare, I'm doing my swap with a 2000 Bonneville non-sc/auto 4T65E. Can I use my Bonneville's axle to build the passenger side axle or would it be the wrong length where I should get one from a Grand Prix instead? Thanks!!

Length should be the same..
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for those looking for mounts..
Bahrbarian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BahrbarianSend a Private Message to BahrbarianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks MstangsBware, and another bump for these quality mounts. I hope the additional info in this thread helps other buyers as it did me.
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a picture of the low alt mount? I recall one that he had made but I thought that version was for a gtp alt... maybe I am remembering wrong. If the one I recall was for a fiero alternator then ill probably get 2.

At some point this winter Ill also be ordering a set of auto trans mounts for a pre 2002 swap that I will be moving to an 88 cradle and remounting. I just have to check my parts inventory and also check what trans is in that car.

Whats your cost on shipping to Canada? I can think of at least 2 other guys from my area that will provably chime up for some too.

[This message has been edited by Luke (edited 01-04-2014).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Luke:

Do you have a picture of the low alt mount? I recall one that he had made but I thought that version was for a gtp alt... maybe I am remembering wrong. If the one I recall was for a fiero alternator then ill probably get 2.

At some point this winter Ill also be ordering a set of auto trans mounts for a pre 2002 swap that ai will be moving to an 88 cradle and remounting. I just have to check my parts inventory and also check what trans is in that car.

Whats your cost on shipping to Canada? I can think of at least 2 other guys from my area that will provably chime up for some too.

The low mount Alt mount uses the Fiero Alt. If I go to me shop tomorrow I will take a few pics of the one I have. I am currently doing a swap that uses it and so far it looks good.

Edit for link with pictures of low mount...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/059361.html

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 12-22-2013).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At some point this winter Ill also be ordering a set of auto trans mounts for a pre 2002 swap that ai will be moving to an 88 cradle and remounting. I just have to check my parts inventory and also check what trans is in that car.

Luke what's your post code in Canada? I'll get you a shipping quote. I'll also post a picture at the top of this thread showing the low mount bracket.

Thanks to Stephen for linking the photo and providing feedback.
Luke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a pm with postal code and the link mustangsbeware posted is the one I was hoping it was.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sent you a pm with postal code and the link mustangsbeware posted is the one I was hoping it was.

Hi Luke, I got your pm. Will pm you the pricing after Christmas. Spending time with the family for the next 2 days. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Boxing Day.
Luke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good, I am in no rush. With how cold winter has been so far I am probably not going to touch either one of the SC cars until March or I might freeze to the cradles

Merry Christmas to you too!
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will offer up a free bump and the comment that when I get around to my swap I will go with these mounts if still available. For right now, the swap got moved back a few months but still in my plans.
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2013 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tax season you'll hear from me.
If not sooner, building my swap piece by piece.
PFF
System Bot
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Friendly bump to wish everyone a Happy New Year.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little incentive for those wanting to start their winter projects. Please see edited original post.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a suggestion...

Why don't you borrow or buy these mounts for an F23, and make sure they are compatible with your engine mounts? The stock Getrags are starting to blow up and getting hard to find, so if you had compatible F23 / 3800 mount kits for sale, I believe they would sell well.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093248.html
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Just a suggestion...

Why don't you borrow or buy these mounts for an F23, and make sure they are compatible with your engine mounts? The stock Getrags are starting to blow up and getting hard to find, so if you had compatible F23 / 3800 mount kits for sale, I believe they would sell well.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093248.html

I appreciate the suggestion and it is something I plan on looking into in the near future as well as some other R&D endeavors for the 3800. But, at the moment, I need to get the business moving and growing with what I have so that I can do future R&D.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump - 1 week left for the discount.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM's and emails answered.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for those buying parts for there swap...

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to thank MstangsBware for helping me to kick start this first order.

Just a reminder the 10% discount ends tomorrow, Jan 15th at 11:59pm. So if you want to save some money on a quality set of brandX mounts get your orders in before the deadline.

All new PM's answered but 1. Will answer shortly.
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
jorobins4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jorobins4Send a Private Message to jorobins4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in your mounts, PM sent.
Thank you

[This message has been edited by jorobins4 (edited 01-14-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PM's answered. Talked to the fabricator yesterday and they are ready for the order. Once the order is placed and paid for they will provide me with a timeline for manufacturing which I will relay to everyone here on this thread.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE

Fabrication order has been placed with the fabricator.

I will get an update later today on the estimated fabrication time and I will relay that information to everyone.

Thanks to those of you who got in on the first order. I can't wait to get these out to everyone.

I do want to let everyone know that I placed the order 2 days after the 15th. I delayed the order to allow a couple of members still get in on the 10% discount.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE

Called to the fabricator to verify completion date. The owner was out of office on a job site so I could not verify the date. I will provide a completion date as soon as the fabricator calls me.

Working on two new items and will hopefully have them available in the next coupe of months.

Any questions please PM or email me.
conan469

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for conan469Click Here to visit conan469's HomePageSend a Private Message to conan469Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for just the motor mount parts. Shipping to 46033
conan469

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for conan469Click Here to visit conan469's HomePageSend a Private Message to conan469Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

conan469

96 posts
Member since Dec 2013
edited--- double posted, and not sure why.

[This message has been edited by conan469 (edited 01-27-2014).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by conan469:

How much for just the motor mount parts. Shipping to 46033

That would be $260 including shipping. The current order is being fabbed as we speak so the pre-order price is unavailable at this time.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, I am unable to locate the tracing for you. Sorry.
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
does your mount will fit the 3800 dogbone brackets ( stock location of fiero ) or i will need to remove thickness on the backside os the dogbone ??????
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtx:

does your mount will fit the 3800 dogbone brackets ( stock location of fiero ) or i will need to remove thickness on the backside os the dogbone ??????

Yes the mounts will....but for the dogbone to line up the placement of thr setup has to be in the correct place on the cradle.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock