Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  brandX 3800 Motor Mounts for Sale again - Pre-orders being taken now (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
brandX 3800 Motor Mounts for Sale again - Pre-orders being taken now by IwannaIRM
Started on: 12-11-2013 12:52 AM
Replies: 73 (4008 views)
Last post by: Tuna Helper on 12-10-2014 09:33 PM
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE

I haven't forgotten about everyone that has ordered their parts. I am still waiting on a completion date by the fabricator. I have a call to him and an email trying to verify when the parts will be complete and shipped.

Shipping boxes are pre-labeled, poly has been purchased and just waiting for the fabbed items. So once the fabbed parts are shipped to me they'll go out the following day.

My apologies for the long lead time. Hopefully, I will have an answer in the next day or two from the fabricator.
IP: Logged
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE

I have some bad news for everyone in regards to the fabricator. After a long and depressing conversation with the fabricator on Friday morning he has notified me that he can no longer manufacture these parts.

In a nutshell, his comments were that they retired the old jet machine and the new one didn't have compatible software so they would have to reprogram everything. In addition, with their increased workload of building structural equipment skids they no longer have the available time to produce these. And, the one person who had the knowledge to build these has retired due to health issues.

There were some other factors that needn't be discussed here but I am very dissappointed in this turn of events. The fabricator initially stated that he was going to continue making the mounts and now one month later he balks. One thing on the positive sides, I will probably have all the forms and the pre-programmed software for the mounts so I can find another fabricator.

Now, here's where everyone who placed a pre-order comes into play. Please PM me or email me if you want a full refund. I don't want to hold onto anyone's money while I search for a new fabricator that can offer the same quality of fabrication. If you want me to hold on to the funds during my search I will do that as well but there is no telling how long this search will take. I would rather return everyone's money, get a couple of test sets made and then start over.

I'm sorry for the bump in the road but rest-assure that I will do everything I can to get these produced with a couple of new products.

I need everyone to PM me in the next day or two so I can assure you receive a full refund from Paypal.
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve,
I got your email. I am going to the machine shop tomorrow morning. I will keep you in the loop as to what transpires.
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will let you know after fieroX has posted the results of his visit. Do you have any stock left on any of it? The low mount alt is what I had my hopes on the most.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the exact reason that I specified in the initial thread that if you are going to buy the business, make sure you own CAD files of the parts. Any fabricator can make them for you if you have proper drawings.

I can program these parts for you for any waterjet if you can give me a cad file. No charge. Then you just take them and get them welded.

CAD files must exist, and are likely still available, even in the machine's control in DXF format.

Best of luck, hopefully things work out for you
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be able to get the cad files, blue prints and jigs. If they arent going to make them anymore, there isnt any reason they shouldnt give them to me. Plus theyve basically been paid for over the years in all the sets they made for me. I will do my best to work this out Steve. This is bullshit that Larry would pull that kind of **** . There wont be a very warm welcome for me tomorrow when I show up.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

I should be able to get the cad files, blue prints and jigs. If they arent going to make them anymore, there isnt any reason they shouldnt give them to me. Plus theyve basically been paid for over the years in all the sets they made for me. I will do my best to work this out Steve. This is bullshit that Larry would pull that kind of **** . There wont be a very warm welcome for me tomorrow when I show up.

I understand your frustration Ryan but don't go in packin' six shooters. As a business owner I understand his point of view but I would have at least expect him to honor the first order. Either way, don't burn the bridge, he and I didn't quarrel no need for this to get ugly in retrieving all the stuff. Larry did say he'll work with me to find another fabricator so let's keep this amlicable.

Cam-a-lot, I understand your point of view but hey, let's make this a positive thread not an "I told you so" thread.

All parties involved will be taken care of positivily and no one has fear of not getting their money back. Let's not derail this thread to the negative side.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm standing in his office right now waiting for him to show up. He's not answering his cell phone and the ladies in the office are covering for him.

Edit:
One of the ladies got a hold of him and he should be here in 20 minutes.

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 02-18-2014).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Luke:

I will let you know after fieroX has posted the results of his visit. Do you have any stock left on any of it? The low mount alt is what I had my hopes on the most.

I have a spare FieroX low mount if this doesn't get resolved soon. If u have already paid for one then sure we can all work something out with it.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay, yesterday after waiting for Larry for an hour and a half we had a meeting and we discussed whats going on. I finally got to work 2 hours late and was completely swamped all day. Steve, give me a call back tonight and I will explain what all is happening at the machine shop.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Cam-a-lot, I understand your point of view but hey, let's make this a positive thread not an "I told you so" thread.

My reply was not an "I told you so" reply. It was a "I feel bad for you, and am offering to help you at no charge and am asking for nothing in return" reply.

I hope things work out for you
PFF
System Bot
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GOOD NEWS UPDATE

Well, I've spoken with Ryan and we have a path forward. It will take some time to get the new fabricator in line and to make sure that they are producing the same quality of product.

I am unsure of the timeline on how long this will take so in the best interest of my current and future customers I will be sending full refunds out today and tomorrow to everyone. I don't want to hold on to anyone's money for two to three months while waiting for parts to be made. I will honor the original price no matter what the price change is from the new fabricator for those who have already placed orders and are receiving refunds. It's my way to show my appreciation to everyone for having faith in my first order.

One thing everyone should know. The previous fabricator had every intention of making these mounts but his main person who made these had left the company and unfortunately, there was no one else that even knew of the setup or the programming. So as of Ryan's meeting with the previous fabricator I now own all the forms, CAD files and programming for the parts.

Once I get the new fabricator rolling they will also be producing two new products. Hopefully, these will be released at the same time as the mounts.

So, if anyone is looking for these mounts they will still be available in the near future. I just ask everyone's patience while I get setup with the new fabricator and test fit the first few sets for proper fitment and alignment issues. I want to make sure everyone receives the best product possible.

Thanks for everyone's support on this endeavor.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me, email me or ask here in the thread.
Spalding1028

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New member here, as I'm getting things in order for my swap. I'll definitely be paying attention to this, as mounts are on my "who am I getting it from" list.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment Update

Everyone has been sent a full refund via PayPal or money order. Repayment was made in the same form payment was made. So, if you paid by PayPal you should have received an email stating that a Full Refund has been sent to you. For those that sent money orders I have money orders to mail back to you as well.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IwannaIRM

1607 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Questions for all:

So, as we (Ryan and I) work on establishing a new fabricator and getting them set up what else is everyone looking for to complete their 3800 swaps?

I hear a lot of requests for F40 brackets which I think I had better start exploring.

What else? Specifically, what bolt on parts are needed in the form of brackets, mounts, etc. are needed?
TbirdMarc

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TbirdMarcClick Here to visit TbirdMarc's HomePageSend a Private Message to TbirdMarcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Questions for all:

So, as we (Ryan and I) work on establishing a new fabricator and getting them set up what else is everyone looking for to complete their 3800 swaps?

I hear a lot of requests for F40 brackets which I think I had better start exploring.

What else? Specifically, what bolt on parts are needed in the form of brackets, mounts, etc. are needed?

A low mount alt bracket that uses the stock 3800 alt and has an integrated upper dogbone support.

Spalding1028

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TbirdMarc:

A low mount alt bracket that uses the stock 3800 alt and has an integrated upper dogbone support.

+1 on the alt and dogbone mount

Do you have an eta and idea as far as cost goes for the engine and trans mounts?
TbirdMarc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TbirdMarcClick Here to visit TbirdMarc's HomePageSend a Private Message to TbirdMarcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spalding1028:

+1 on the alt and dogbone mount

Do you have an eta and idea as far as cost goes for the engine and trans mounts?

If we could add an idler/tensioner to the low mount alt/dogbone bracket that would be tits.

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TbirdMarc:

+1

I would ALSO like to see an adjustable DM mounting point so there wouldn't have to be any more crooked DB's.
I have a pretty good concept in mind if you want to hear it.
djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm back in the market. Hope this takes off very soon.
DANIELOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DANIELOSSend a Private Message to DANIELOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi ,I need of complete swap kit for 2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra and f23 trans .
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 on the F23 mount
DANIELOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DANIELOSSend a Private Message to DANIELOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have these parts for sale?
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DANIELOS:

Does anyone have these parts for sale?

Danielos, I should be up and running again in a month, maybe two. If you can hold out for awhile then I will have everything you need. If you can't wait then there are other options available through other vendors.

Sorry, for now it's all I can offer.

Regards,
Stephen
DANIELOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DANIELOSSend a Private Message to DANIELOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is included in the kit?
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DANIELOS:

What is included in the kit?

If you look at the picture on the first post you will see most everything included. There will also be a new F23 mount included.

fierjoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierjoeSend a Private Message to fierjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these mounts being made yet or should i hold out a little longer?
fierotrev2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierotrev2014Send a Private Message to fierotrev2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also wondering if the mount kits are available yet? Or how far along are they before they become available? Interested in purchasing a set. thanks in advance.
Trev
radrace19

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for radrace19Send a Private Message to radrace19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a set ASAP. PM sent also.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FABRICATION UPDATE

At this time I am not accepting orders or pre-orders. I appreciate all those who have contacted me for these mounts but I am unable to get past the fact that I am unable to get these fabricated.

Long story short is the original fabricator was going to continue making these mounts for me and then he backed out. Now he wants nothing to do with them and getting all of the forms from him are worse than pulling teeth from an angry alligator. He's very unreasonable.

If there is anyone here that knows someone with excellent fabrication experience/references in the Houston area let me know. I may just need to have the forms built from scratch if I want to continue this endeavor.

So for the time being there are no Brand X 3800 mounts. I have some mounts but not enough to make a kit. So if you need one part or maybe two I may be able to facilitate your needs.

My apologies to those that are in need of mounts.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mounts are super easy to replicate for anyone with fabrication skills. I think WCF was the first to make them, and several people copied their design and made their own. Why not just take them to any machine shop to get the measurements (easily done with micrometer, vernier caliper, surface table, etc) so that you will finally have the CAD drawings that you should have had in the first place. Once you have CAD drawings, they are simply to manufacture anywhere.

Good luck with your endeavour

PFF
System Bot
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

The mounts are super easy to replicate for anyone with fabrication skills. I think WCF was the first to make them, and several people copied their design and made their own. Why not just take them to any machine shop to get the measurements (easily done with micrometer, vernier caliper, surface table, etc) so that you will finally have the CAD drawings that you should have had in the first place. Once you have CAD drawings, they are simply to manufacture anywhere.

Good luck with your endeavour

Thanks for your input, that is what I will be doing by next weekend if I can't get the originals. I'm just not interested in paying for the rework of the forms when they will just be turned into scrap metal. I can do the measurements and CAD files since I work in AutoCAD and MicroStation daily. This part is not a problem for me.
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates?
Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a good friend who owns a plasma cnc table, I'm sure he would be willing to cut the parts out for you, and maybe even weld them if he had or made jigs. He normally does small runs and one-offs, so that wouldn't be a problem, other than the shipping cost.
That's Indiana though, I don't know if you'd want to contract out that far.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock