Started on: 12-23-2013 03:23 PM
Replies: 17 (1291 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-09-2014 05:12 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those wanting to do an f23 swap:

Many asked for me to copy the mounts on my F23 last time I had the engine out. Well, I have the drivetrain out of my L67/F23 1988 Fiero right now. If I have some interested people, I will take my mounts and have the duplicated. This is 100% pay up front. Minimum of 5 sets. No idea on the cost and I am not going to look into it unless I have atleast 5 buyers lined up. No backing out, no excuses. If whodumbass did anything right, these mounts are solid and well built.

LMK ASAP

added pics from my build thread

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 12-23-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please post some pictures. Hard to commit without knowing what the heck we are buying. Also, need to know what engine mounts are used, to make sure they are compatible

thanks

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 12-23-2013).]

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. What engine mounts are used? Any pics? In order for everything to line up, I assume we would need to use the same? Those F23 mounts look good, so I am interested (depending on cost and confirmation that they will be test fitted on an actual F23 tranny and 88 cradle before shipping)
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you using as a shifter linkage at the F23? and if it is custom (and reliable) can you get that replicated also?
mattman134

Feedback score:    (33)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattman134Send a Private Message to mattman134Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am definitely interested. More pics please. I would like to see how the mounts attach to the cradle, and how it will work with a 3800sc and the Brandx mount that's on the front of the 3800. I will slot the holes/drill new mounting holes if I have to.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will have to modify the rear tranny mount if you want them to work with an 84 to 87 and of course the engine mount would need to be a little different as well but by the looks of it the brackets still use the stock fiero rubber mounts. Dan
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested. How much work 84-87 ? My cradle is quite modified for the north star, I don't think I want to do it again on an 88 cradle.

------------------

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just planning on poping a few of these out for those who asked about it long ago in my thread. I am not looknig to make ANY $$ of this, just trying to help. With that said, we need to keep this simple. My swap uses stock mounts. I could look into getting the front engine mount made as well, then we know the cradle mounting points would play nice. The shifter stuff is all from that guy that sells the ecotec stuff. IIRC he has a website about music or a record store??
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it would be worthwhile getting the engine mounts made at the same time so that we know they all work together. Do you have pictures of the engine mounts? Did Whodeanie make his own engine mounts, or did he buy from someone?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He built them afaik but then, who knows what was true and what was a lie when that guy was talking.
sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested if it will work with pre-88 cradle and does it work with FY1 housing?..

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

I'm interested if it will work with pre-88 cradle and does it work with FY1 housing?..

88 only. You may be able to mod, but I dont have any plans on going any further than outlined above. This is just one of those random acts of kindness things.. lol.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2013 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds good, please post pics of the engine mounts too if possible. Hopefully that tube is more than just exhaust tubing- it needs to have some thickness to it.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rear mount mods to work on a non 88 cradle would be minimal at best.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could be interested in a set. Only trans mounts though. Not engine mounts.
All depends on the price. what time frame are you looking to get a price?

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll start looking into it on the 2nd.
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
count me in for a set for the 88 cradle..

let me know as soon as you get a price..
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every place I spoke to has pretty much blown me off. They want me to buy atleast 20.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock