Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  3800 swap mounts and other parts (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 swap mounts and other parts by whodeanie
Started on: 08-21-2011 04:45 PM
Replies: 138 (6869 views)
Last post by: jraul on 10-19-2014 09:45 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have been working on several parts for the 3800 swaps we are doing at the shop and we have finaly got a few extras to start selling.
here is what we have for sale now with more to come. let me know if you need other parts. we are working lots more to come.

Here is a list of what we have for sale now.

3800 Mounts we have the motor mount as well as trans mounts for the 4T60 and the 4T65 HD trans.
our mounts require no mods to the cradle and use the stock motor and trans mounts to the cradle or you can use Rodney Dickmans mounts as an upgrade.
we have tested these on several cars and they have held up well with no flex.

the front motor mount - 75.00
auto trans mounts front and rear - 130.00
full set of 3, motor and trans - 175.00

we also have Alu. block off plates for the SC. EGR, Vac port and PCV set of 3 - 35.00

we also have a new cam that has been working great for us it gives the car a little lope but very streetable with great power. can be used with or without an intercooler.
without intercooler it has shown gains of 40 hp and with intercooler up to 65 hp. we sell this cam for less than other companys would. we can also provide the spring kit.

Cam - 280.00
spring kit ( new 105 springs and keepers) - 260.00

Products we are working on for sale soon.

Low mount alt with dogbone mount. (uses a Chevy truck 110 amp alt)
this is the one we build here in shop for all of our swaps.

we are working on custom fuel rails for the 3800SC swaps we hope to have done soon.

we can also provide many services for the do it your self builders.

send us your front cover and we can weld up the heater outlet insted of using a plug than can pop out or break the cover.
we can also drill and tap the lower intake for a heater hose fitting rather than blocking them off we have tested this setup and have found that cars that have this blocked off will have higher heat on this side of the intake do to no flow. this mod keeps the flow going at all times.
if we can help drop me a PM or give me a call.

most mods can be done within a week and sent back out to you.

thanks, D.

here is a pic of the motor mounts.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-23-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a low mount soon, any idea when that will be ready and approximate cost?

I actually need 2 of them~
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking mounts! I'll be waiting to see more details about the low mount alternator, I'll be needing one soon.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see someone making 3800 swap parts as they are in need...The low mount will be a big seller if the price is right along with the block off plates(damn good price on them)...What brand springs are offered with the cam?

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean is the front mount all I need if I am keeping my 4 speed? Also this is a series one motor will that make a diffrence?
John316

Feedback score:    (51)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John316Send a Private Message to John316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When can I expect my low mount to ship?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I had no idea how many people wanted the alt mount. I will be working on them this week and I will keep you posted.

as far as the motor mounts yes it you are running a manual trans all you will need is the motor mount.

the cam springs I can not remember what brand but I will lookk today and let you know the brand and the specs on the cam as well.

and Jimmy, your mount will be done by the end of the week and headed to you. PM me your address again and I will let you know when I send it out.

I will get pics of the mounts asap and post them.
D.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

and Jimmy, your mount will be done by the end of the week and headed to you. PM me your address again and I will let you know when I send it out.

D.

PM Sent
Jfrost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any videos of your cam? I am quite interested in hearing how it sounds, it is very well priced compared to the traditional cam's for the L67.
Twilight Fenrir

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Twilight FenrirSend a Private Message to Twilight FenrirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool stuff I've always thought about putting a 3800SCII in my Fiero... If it becomes an off the shelf type of project, the only excuse I'll still be able to hide behind, is the cost of the engine itself :P (I keep hoping it will go down >_> )
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:

Do you have any videos of your cam? I am quite interested in hearing how it sounds, it is very well priced compared to the traditional cam's for the L67.

I have none in the shop that are running but we will be installing one in a car soon so once we do I will see about getting video of it. we have found the the exhaust and intake can chainge the sound of the motor quite a bit. none of the cars we have done sound the same as any other but they all sound cool.
D.
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's nice to see more vendors for 3800 swap projects! Glad to see your progress...
Jfrost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the exhaust and intake can change the sound quite a bit, but I am still very excited to get an idea of how your cam sounds!
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM snet to whodeanie
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance of building the 4T60 and 4T60E transmission shift cable bracket? The only option open to us right now is the WCF $120.00 set. I have a cardboard traceing of FieroAddiction's product before he went out of business.
-Joe

P.S.
And thanks for filling in this much needed area.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 08-23-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm's sent.

I will be getting gas for the welder today and will be working on more mounts this week.
the low mount alt. and trans mounts.

I will post up pictures asap as well.

we will be installing one of our cams in a car over the next few weeks but I am not sure when we will have it ready to start but I will get video when we do.
D.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another PM sent....
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got it

just a thought for all of you what if we did a full install kit? all the custom parts you would need to install a 3800 in your car, intrested?
we have all of it for swaps we already do here in house and we could do a kit to fit your install for you.
we can do the harness as well but I will not just do them only. we use all new wire and plugs no hacking no shipping back and forth and waiting.
they are set up to hide the wires.

we will get a price together on the kit and keep you posted. each kit will be taylored to you not just a one size fits all. we will need to know what computer you are using to do this and some options are not on all computers.

let me know what you think.
thanks, Dean

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just a thought for all of you what if we did a full install kit?

Where were you 6 months ago? I would have been in for this.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean is the man !

i really, hope everyone gets behind him and supports his shop ($$$), because he can produce and do some amazing things for our cars now and in the future.
PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, I sent a PM to whodeanie, I need a lowmount for my alternator asap. I'm in the middle of a mod and was wanting to get some pricing .......
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have none in the shop that are running but we will be installing one in a car soon so once we do I will see about getting video of it. we have found the the exhaust and intake can chainge the sound of the motor quite a bit. none of the cars we have done sound the same as any other but they all sound cool.
D.

Is that my car you are referring to
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:

Is that my car you are referring to

Yep!
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I inquired through PM's in May about a low mount alternator setup and was told about a month and would be updated when available.

So if there is a list of people, I'm hoping I'm already on it.
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we have motor and trans mounts ready to go and we should have the alt. mounts ready within the next 2 weeks.
D.
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay I'm definitely wanting two of the alternator mounts~
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

we have motor and trans mounts ready to go and we should have the alt. mounts ready within the next 2 weeks.
D.

Let me know............asap
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, I have to say something very important...YOU ROCK!!!!
if the prices you listed are for real I might just buy a fiero to do a 3800 swap on for a winter project.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just added to the list of parts for the 3800 SC motor parts.
we can now do Billet rods for this motor as well as JE forged pistons
I am working on the price for the pistons but the rods as far as I know we are the only ones that sell them and they are good up to 1000 HP
not that too many 3800's will ever get that high but now they can.

the Rod set any size sell for 1800 + shipping
I will have pics of all the parts up soon.
my goal is to provide the best parts we can at fair prices.

If you do not see what you are looking for here PM me we may have it or we can get it for you.

More to come
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-01-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could find myself very interested in a 3800SCII kit! For the first time in my life I have more money than knowledge about the project I want to do.

Jonathan
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we are updating new parts every day now for your cars. I try to make parts that not everyone else does and at fair prices.
let me know if you need something that you do not see and we may already have it or are working on it.

we can also do mods to your parts like porting the LIM as well as drilling and taping the heater hole for install into the fiero. we do this on every swap.
some people block them off but we have found a loss of flow in the LIM cooling and it can be up to 50 deg. higher from one side to the other.

as always more to come
D.

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 09-02-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

BUMP!

Now that is just bad
D.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are some pics of the mounts as well as the SC block off plates. I will get pictures of them installed as well a little later.
the alt. brackets are almost done now so I will get pictures of them as well.
D.

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Alt brackets
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump again
Brian T. Brown

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian T. BrownSend a Private Message to Brian T. BrownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new news on the alt low mount and the custom fuel rails?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock