Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  3800 swap mounts and other parts (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 swap mounts and other parts by whodeanie
Started on: 08-21-2011 04:45 PM
Replies: 138 (6869 views)
Last post by: jraul on 10-19-2014 09:45 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we have been working hard on the parts we sold out of the mounts that we had already and we have gotten 20 more sets cut so we can fab them up for next week.
the Alt. brackets are almost done we have them about 3/4 of the way. the hold up was we had to have the car redy to mock one up and from their I had the rest of the parts cut as well as build a jig so we would not need a car here every time to build them.
here are some pictures of the motor mount installed as well as the alt. mount to get an idea of how they work.
we will have 7 alt. sets ready to go by the first of the week. and already we have several sold so we are now down to 3 sets. we will be getting more cut next week. they will be going faster from now on.
D.

IP: Logged
Brian T. Brown

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian T. BrownSend a Private Message to Brian T. BrownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much will the low mount Alt be?

------------------
Brian T. Brown
1987 Fiero GT Fastback
1998 Grand Prix GTP

CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey D,
PM sent my man.
J
85red2m6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I'd like to add myself to the list of people interested in the complete conversion kit... I have an 85 SE with a Targa roof that's been waiting for me to get everything lined up to put the 3800 in. I have a donor car (93 SSEi) that was written off 2 years ago, and will be using a factory 4 (or 5) speed for now, til i can afford to do the G6 GTP 6-speed conversion. I also will be keeping the Bonne ecm and most of the wiring, as I plan to somehow shoehorn the SSEi dash and interior into the Fiero.

What kind of pricing would I be looking at, as well as shipping to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada?

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero SE Targa - 3.8SC - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily beaten driver
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC donor for 85 Targa

Andyman007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Andyman007Send a Private Message to Andyman007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so last night I decided to turn the phone off and let everyone go home on time and I stayed late to get a few things done.
I was only at the shop till 8:30 but with no one to bother me this is what I was able to do.

people who wanted the low mount alt mounts will be PM'd I made 6 of them 3 we needed for the shop and 3 are for sale once these are sold I will get on making more and should be able to have more made in under 2 weeks.

we have 4 full sets for the auto swap
and I made 12 of the motor mounts
so PM me if you are wanting them.
thanks, D.

with the time and materials into the low mount alt set I will have to sell them for 185.00

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-21-2011).]

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do the alt brackets come with a tensioner? Do you guys accept paypal?
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to see them!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

Do the alt brackets come with a tensioner? Do you guys accept paypal?

I do not have pay pal set up yet but soon. and the tensioner does not come with it but when I send the parts out I include the part #'s for that and the alt. that we use.
we can include both as well if you wish but the cost will go up.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Ok, all 6 of the low mount alt. setups are sold those that I have PMd are the ones that will be getting them.
we will be doing another run of them that will be ready in under 2 weeks. this time we will be making 12 of them.
PM me if you are intrested in one and we will PM you back in order whan they are ready to go.
D.

we still have 4 full sets of auto mounts and 8 more motor mounts ready to go.
as well as 4 more sets of SC block off plates.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-22-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replied as well, just waiting for total cost including shipping and address to send check to~
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great person to deal with on the phone too, will definetly leave good feedback!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

I replied as well, just waiting for total cost including shipping and address to send check to~

My bad just sent you a PM.

here is our info as well.

Whodeanies Customs
706 Executive Ct.
Woodstock, Ga. 30189

shop # 770-485-1138

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 10-20-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, all
all the alt. mounts are boxed up and ready to be sent out now. I do have a few more orders than I have mounts but we have a jig for them now and all the parts are being water jetted so they will now go way faster. we plan to start another 20 sets next week. once we have them done I will PM those that are already on the list and then post them here as well for others. please send me your info in a PM so I can keep track of them.

also on another note I finaly set up Pay Pal it will be up and running by mid next week they just need to verify the account and I need to learn how to use it

we also have new custom Axles for the Auto swaps they are all new no old parts made for us to fit our mounts. they sell for 500 for the pair and will hold power up to 600 hp with no problems.

we hope to keep adding more products to our lineup every week.

some have shown intrest in headers as well and we are looking into building them for sale as well as the in shop installs.
I need at least 10 people that want headers to make this happen we will keep cost as low as we can so they will be built from mild steel and will all be coated silver. the set will come with the headers and crossover pipe set up to run the same way as stock from the Y pipe you can run stock exhaust if you wish.
not sure on price yet I am working on that and will keep you posted.

More to come
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-23-2011).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew the low mounts would sell fast....not a bad price either for what u get..

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002
I knew the low mounts would sell fast....not a bad price either for what u get..

Andyman007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Andyman007Send a Private Message to Andyman007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent. Also, I would be interested in the headers you spoke of.
WCF is asking WAAAYYYY too much for theirs.

Andy
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, the first 5 sets went out yesterday. I still have 2 more people that want the low mount set and I will be getting all the parts to make 20 more this friday.
I should have more ready to go out next week.
PM me if you need them.

still have 4 sets of auto mounts and 10 motor mounts.
D.

PFF
System Bot
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A do it yourself 3800 kit would be wonderful!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iluvsd619:

A do it yourself 3800 kit would be wonderful!

we can get everything you would need to do it but the harnesses are still in the works as well as the headers.
D.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent re: block off plates

------------------
--Dillon
Green 1987 GT 5spd
Black 1986 SE V6 Auto - 3800SC Swap in Progress
"And this one time, on the Fiero Forum..."

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to those that are intrested in the headers. we only build them for in shop installs but we are working on mass producing them.
I am not sure on price yet I will have to build a set here in shop and take them over to Headman where I will have them made for us. it will have to be a group by to get them going of 10 or more.
this is a rare thing to have a company like Headman build low run headers. I have a friend that runs production and has agreed to do it for me.
if this can come together we will have them for sale from then on out.
I will need to pay a setup fee and they will have to make a set before we can set the price for them they will all be coated as well.

we now have 2 people that want them, need at least 8 more. the more we do the less they will be.

please do not say you want them if you can not afford it I will be taking deposits once I get the price for them.
thanks and as always more to come.

one last thing we also carry re cut flywheels for the 3800 swaps 295.00
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been waiting to see Tony's headers that you made for his choptop but who knows if they will ever make it back down here to Florida...

Will they be Getrag compatible. I am VERY interested. My Flowmaster is so close to the trunk wall I had to remove the carpet. My infrared temp gun said the trunk wall was 530 degrees... Ouch.
Do you have ANY ball park figure you could PM me? $300 would have me down for multiple sets. But I know that is not reallity. More than $1,000 will make it harder to justify. I figure they will be somewhere in the middle, but where?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we will have 10 more low mount alt. setups done by the end of the week so let me know if you would like one.
2 are already sold

we will be making a total of 20 of them on this run.
D.
Greenmeansgo

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenmeansgoSend a Private Message to GreenmeansgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leaving feedback for the 500 things I bought please return the favor
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leaving fdback, pllease do the same
85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen on here other members who have been making mounts and such, and 1 or 2 have offered 'low-profile' mounts... designed to mount the engine/tranny about 1 1/2 inches lower than stock... designed for those running intercoolers mainly, I think... any possibilities of seeing them here?
also, the motor mounts and low-alt mount etc, do they also fit the series 1 engines? my donor car is only a 93...

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero SE Targa - 3.8SC - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily beaten driver
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC donor for 85 Targa

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a(n) 1988 Fiero (Duke. phh. lol) Its a project I just picked up.

I have a need for your mounts and trans mounts and the lower alt mount. I do have a question though.

Do you have mounts for the 6T70 automatic yes the duke has the dog slow TH125, I am considering a series III S/C and a 6 speed auto from the G6.

Ill have more questions later I am sure.

I should have more concrete answers and an order headed your way shortly.

While it will still look like a dog-slow notchy it will have all power options, air , etc, and the 3800S/C a total sleeper.

I even plan to maintain the 14" aluminum rims initially until I get to the brakes.

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 10-02-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the mounts sit low enough to use a short stack inter cooler just not a full one. I may build that option later because I plan on doing a full stack intercooler in my shop car so I will see what I can do.

as far as the S1 I am not sure I have not messed with them so I do not know if they will work.
D.
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

one last thing we also carry re cut flywheels for the 3800 swaps 295.00

Does that also include balancing the flywheel to the s/c L67?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:

Does that also include balancing the flywheel to the s/c L67?

yes the flywheels are new and we have them cut and balanced.
D.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will you be making any series 1 items like cams, rockers, or anything?

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Will you be making any series 1 items like cams, rockers, or anything?

Paul

no, I do not get any calls for the S1 and I do not have any here to use to mock up.
plsports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for plsportsSend a Private Message to plsportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do youhave the mounts for a 5spd getrag? I decided to do my build on my extra cradle so I need to buy new mounts since the old ones are in still installed under my car. I would need all of them... engine/transmission

[This message has been edited by plsports (edited 10-04-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by plsports:

Do youhave the mounts for a 5spd getrag? I decided to do my build on my extra cradle so I need to buy new mounts since the old ones are in still installed under my car. I would need all of them... engine/transmission

if you are using the 5 speed it uses the stock mounts the only one you would need from me would be the motor mount and maybe the low mount alt.
the motor mount is 75 and the low mount alt. set is 185 + shipping
D.
plsports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for plsportsSend a Private Message to plsportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am using the getrag but it is still installed in my car. I have a second cradle and getrag i'm installing on the side.this cradle had an auto in it before so I don't have any of the mounts. Maybe ill just buy stock mounts from someone.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by plsports:

I am using the getrag but it is still installed in my car. I have a second cradle and getrag i'm installing on the side.this cradle had an auto in it before so I don't have any of the mounts. Maybe ill just buy stock mounts from someone.

they use the same stock mounts already. my mounts are like adaptors to the stock mounts for the 3800 and the 4T65E trans

new stock mounts can be had for under 50 bucks for the trans ant a local parts store.
D.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock