1988 Pontiac Fiero 3800-Turbo by AkursedX
Started on: 01-07-2011 02:15 PM
Replies: 106 (13988 views)
Last post by: PBJ on 05-27-2014 10:43 PM
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man, sorry to hear you're selling. I can fully relate to the road course and manual thing though. Either way, that is a kick-butt deal.

While I'm not in the market for another car, I figured I'd mention this in case you might be interested... I have two Eagle Talons that I want to sell, a '96 and a '98, both AWD 5-speeds. The '96 is very modded but very tired (ran high 11's, built trans, nice suspension, all the typical big-turbo mods) and the '98 is just about bone stock and very nice but has a rod knock. Either one would make a great project depending on which way you wanted to go. I also have a low mileage 2.4 (4G64) to swap in to either one (the 4G63 top-end is nearly a direct swap).
PM me for more info if interested.

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure this car will make someone very happy (or very arrested ).

------------------

'88 Fiero GT - Project MIDTRBO
'10 Camaro LT/RS - daily driver
'96 Talon TSi AWD - 11-second winter beater
There's no replacement for turbo placement

IP: Logged
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

I cant believe this car has not SOLD for the asking price.....

I can. There are a lot of reasons for this but basically it's a matter of finding the right buyer. Someone who:
-Wants to or would consider buying a Fiero (Pretty small group)

-Has $9000 lying around to spend on a Fiero (Even smaller group)

-Is willing to use said $9000 on a completed car rather than build their own project to their liking. (Even smaller)

Most Fiero guys are do-it-yourself'ers and given the choice would rather build up their own ride than by a completed project that would cost more to build from scratch. So IMO, the potential buyer for my car is pretty rare. Plus, outside of here, I have only posted it on a couple of local boards. I'm not pushing my sale very hard, plus I'm pretty firm on the price which further reduces my chance of a sale. It really doesn't bother me much though as I don't 'need' to sell the car. MstangsBware is someone who has built some nice rides and understands the time and money put into a build like mine and why the $9k pricetag is not unreasonable.

We'll see how things go though. Actually right now I am trying to talk myself into buying EMX5636's Formula and if I do that, I will give into the Fiero-craze and dedicate my garage to Fiero-only stuff.

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*BUMP*

------------------
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I added a crappy phone video today:

------------------
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump because if I had been smart, I would have cut my losses and bought this. Oh well, I only hope my car is worthy of being compared to yours some day.
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*BUMP*

After a lot of running around and having 3 separate turbos, I have FINALLY installed a brand-new Master Power turbo. Although it's the same part-number as the old turbo, it appears that Master Power made a number of improvements. This new turbo comes with a ported compressor shroud (Sounds awesome!) and the exhaust housing has much larger exhaust outlet. This takes care of the smoking issue that the car was having.
Pic:

------------------
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AkursedX

2890 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Also, I've pretty much decided that I want to sell this car and move on, and I erased trade options from my initial post. I have been saving up cash and I will probably be picking up an RX8, VW R32, or a VW MKV GTI.
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:
I want to sell this car and move on..

Smart man. This conversion was completed by the most competent and qualified professional in the Fiero world. GM wouldn't have built a 3800 powered Fiero that would have met to Ryan Gick's standards. $9000 is less than half of what this year vehicle would have retailed for new. It is now 3.5x more powerful and has the suspension and brakes to match.

Some insight for a prospective buyer.

[This message has been edited by L67 (edited 05-30-2011).]

jasonfox

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must say this car is what inspired me to even attempt at building a 3800 turbo project. I hope you get a quick sale.
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still want it, still can't afford it... should've made some better decisions with my money last year.

Anyone want a spare kidney?
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weekly bump!

I drove the car ~150 miles this week with no issues. I also changed the oil (Castrol Edge Titanium and K&N filter), greased the ball joints and tie rods, and did a little bit of MAF tuning in the low end frequencies.

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 06-06-2011).]

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weekly bump!

I did a full interior/exterior detail this week. Since my wife and son were gone, I was also able to use it as my daily-driver and I put around 300-miles on it. My wife had to take my VW for her road trip, so I took my Fiero to my VW club's car show, Motorstadt. I got lots of positive comments and a few trade offers, but nothing the really interested me. Oh well. Here's some pics from the show:

------------------
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*BUMP*

I added some underside pics of the car as requested by someone to my photobucket album http://s105.photobucket.com...ursedx/Fiero%20Sale/ At most there's some surface rust here and there but it is nothing of any concern imo. The car now has over 123k miles as I have been driving and enjoying the car quite a bit lately. I have the boost at around 13psi and I think that's as high as I would go on 93 octane. I walked a new Camaro SS with an exhaust from 50-110 at that boost setting (I had 2.5 cars on him).

One of my friends told me that my reverse lights weren't working, but I have since taken care of the issue. That's been the only quirk that I have had. My last two tanks of gas have been 25mpg and 23.5mpg and that's with 50/50 city/highway driving.

------------------
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe that there is a thread about the cheapest way to get to 400+ HP and this car hasn't sold...

------------------

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

I can't believe that there is a thread about the cheapest way to get to 400+ HP and this car hasn't sold...

Indeed. If it's still available in as many months as it's been up here...
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very, very tempting - if only I did not already have a garage queen. I could not see myself in this car as a daily driver, and the only way I could justify buying another is if it were a DD. Good luck with the sale, this car seems to every bit worth the asking price.
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words and free bump. I will say that this car falls more under the 'daily-driver' description than it does the 'garage queen'. It's far from a show car as it has it's chips and scratches. If I didn't have to drive my 15-month old son around, I would daily-drive it all summer. Besides being very reliable, it's also fairly comfortable in the cabin with the new seats, all the sound deadening I added, and good a/c. The ride is rough as it has a pretty stiff suspension, but it's not horrible.

4000+ views now........I'm sure this is far and away the most popular thread that I've ever made, haha.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too bad it is not manual, if it was Id be all over it
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Too bad it is not manual, if it was Id be all over it

x2

Sorry man... I want it, but I just don't want another automatic. I know it's been up for a long time...
PFF
System Bot
3.1 88FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.1 88FieroGTSend a Private Message to 3.1 88FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM'd
fierodustin

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustinSend a Private Message to fierodustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How hard would it be to pull the tune back to about 275-300 hp? I'm looking for something for my wife to drive.

Thanks,
Dustin
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodustin:

How hard would it be to pull the tune back to about 275-300 hp? I'm looking for something for my wife to drive.

Thanks,
Dustin

It would totally defeat the point.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks,
Dustin

Let a woman drive this car?

lol
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks,
Dustin

It would be a matter of turning the boost knob know all the way down. Boost can be dropped to roughly 8.5 psi. I would guesstimate it as a mid-to-high 12-second car in the 1/4-mile and would probably trap around 110mph. I think that would still be a bit over 300hp though....

EDIT: I could also add a bit of fuel to the WOT tuning which would take away a bit more power and make the tune a bit safer.
------------------
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 07-20-2011).]

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

Price changed to $8500.
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Up Up Up!!!
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whaaat? Still not sold? I'm confused

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One final Bump and price reduction.

$7500

I will keep it for sale through September and then sometime in October I am going to start pulling off all the body panels for a paint job at which point it won't be for sale any longer.

------------------
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

canadiangtfiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canadiangtfiero86Send a Private Message to canadiangtfiero86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tried pm ing you dont think worked.
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
location...location...location...

if you were local this car would be mine.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

location...location...location...

if you were local this car would be mine.

I have a truck and trailer..... hell I would drive it down there for you if you flew me back.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$7500

I will keep it for sale through September and then sometime in October I am going to start pulling off all the body panels for a paint job at which point it won't be for sale any longer.

Wow, I cannot believe you have not been able to sell your fiero either! Good luck with it!

PF Flyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PF FlyerSend a Private Message to PF FlyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I have a truck and trailer..... hell I would drive it down there for you if you flew me back.

this is a great suggestion for the seller or any buyers?
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow! what a gr8 deal!
someone snatch that up quick, or i might be tempted to get this & sell my project car instead!
not too far either...hmmmm
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$7500

I truly dislike you now. If you had done this back in March.... ughhh PM SENT
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

I truly dislike you now. If you had done this back in March.... ughhh PM SENT

...and just to think, 7500 barely covers your engine bay paint.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take it!

lol I would, but I'm sort of looking for a DD right now . This thing is way too bad@$$ to rack up miles on, I'm gonna be so jelly of the new owner if you find a buyer!
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have someone very interested coming to look at the car Saturday. They have been long-time members here and have had a few modded Fieros.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock