Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Quad Headlight Harnesses for Fiero1Fan's low profile headlights (and more).. (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Quad Headlight Harnesses for Fiero1Fan's low profile headlights (and more).. by Synthesis
Started on: 04-02-2009 02:57 PM
Replies: 405 (16423 views)
Last post by: mr_corean on 11-12-2016 05:37 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dirty Harry:

Chris, I see where you have started a new thread on another subject and have posted on other threads in the last few days. I'd sure appreciate an answer to my PM to you of 02-18 mentioned above. All I'm asking is send my harness (paid for) without the unobtainum H-9 connectors & I'll finish it. Trying to make it easier on you & want my lights installed for Daytona meet. I see no reason why you can't do this. Please reply.

I sent you a PM about 30 minutes ago.
IP: Logged
Dirty Harry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm confused! Yes, you did send a PM thirty minutes ago but it was titled "New Nose Fi512 by Amidas FieroVation... any interest?" so I hadn't read it yet and naturally didn't connect it to my harness. You now say you "have H-9 connectors in and will get harnesses out very very soon". I'm really disappointed that in the weeks you've been hunting H-9 connectors, you haven't been making any harnesses to simply add the connectors to when received. I realize you've been involved with Tyler, had car problems, had computer access problems at work. etc. etc. However, you shouldn't ignore paid customers waiting for goods while you spend a lot of time creating & posting on many other threads. I'd like to have my harness and would prefer to not wait for "soon".

[This message has been edited by Dirty Harry (edited 02-24-2010).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harnesses have been assembled. I just have to get the H9s on them.

And yes, it was my open window that I responded out of. Sorry for the confusion. I just have to get H9s on the harnesses and then box and ship.

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I appreciate your response.
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So harnesses are going to be shipped by next week?! :-D
Got my buckets, love them, got the 90mm modules, love them, only need the harness now.
Can't wait!
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next week will be 8 months of waiting for me!
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
first time i saw the upgrade was 8 months ago, and i said i had to have it! best upgrade i will have by far
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news! Completed several harnesses with the samples I ordered, and have been in contact with a vendor. They actually designed their own H9s to resolve the shortage on the market.

The issue I have with finding a "suitable" connector is that I want the ability to be able to unplug the wire without prying on plastic tabs which can and will break.

The original H9s I used just required squeezing the sides, and it released. These new ones do need to have the tabs pulled to release, BUT, they also have a shielded ridge over the top of the lock tab to prevent movement that would break the lock tab.

I have another batch being shipped today, and shipping on the first sets will begin this week.

Dirty Harry, yours is in this batch, Jonney, and Alibi, yours as well.

Please send me PMs with addresses to verify against my lists.

If you have ordered a harness, please send me a PM with your address.

I will be shipping T3 harnesses to all at no additional cost. To convert permanently to T2, you simply snip a connection.
Nilknarf

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris,

Where am I on the shipping list for Tier III? Soon hopefully PM sent

[This message has been edited by Nilknarf (edited 03-01-2010).]

JPD88FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPD88FieroGTSend a Private Message to JPD88FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM'd
PFF
System Bot
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you got the H9 connector debacle resolved

Sending a PM w/ my addy to double check against yours.
ccfiero350

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock
white 88 notchie, 4 banger

DaveP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePSend a Private Message to DavePEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris,
PM sent.
Dave
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Will my harness come without the H-9 connectors or complete? Would rather have it complete but need it soon for the Daytona meet. Thanks.

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harry,

Yours has the H9 connectors.
wdg88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wdg88gtSend a Private Message to wdg88gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent with address
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an update.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay, have not had PC access with regularity this weekend. Harnesses are boxed and labeled with those who have sent me their addresses for confirmation.

Again, T3s for everyone, with all connectors, including the H4s. If you ordered one without the H4, just cut the plug off and toss it. Easier for me to bulk the same harness over and over vs customized until I get caught up.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait, what's this? An update?

Yes!

I shipped the first of many harnesses today!

I have 11 more roughed/completed. I have an order from a local (read 15 miles away) supplier I am waiting on so I can finish the 12g wires in the relay sockets. Ran out of the 12g terminals, and only have the 14-16 left.. They won't crimp onto the 12g wire. did not realize I was that low on them.

Should have those tomorrow or Thursday.

I still need mailing addresses from more of you..
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huzzah! Looks like I'll be installing my buckets this weekend then, as long as the weather is decent

I'll take a few pictures along the way and post them here after I get it all together and working. BTW, I'm still waffling on whether to paint the buckets or not...
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:
BTW, I'm still waffling on whether to paint the buckets or not...

Paint them, you'll be happier.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Huzzah! Looks like I'll be installing my buckets this weekend then, as long as the weather is decent

I'll take a few pictures along the way and post them here after I get it all together and working. BTW, I'm still waffling on whether to paint the buckets or not...

Use an etching primer over the galvanic coating, then paint with a flat or semi-gloss paint.

The etching primer will bond better and allow the paint to stick hard. If you have an oven you can bake painted parts in, let them cure up to no tack when touched, then bake at low temp for 30 minutes. Will set the paint hard.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know, its just that the nickle plating has grown on me since the buckets have been sitting in my living room. We'll see... I can always take them apart and paint them later. I know I risk breaking the plastic adjuster holders, but I can always just leave them in and paint around them
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know, its just that the nickle plating has grown on me since the buckets have been sitting in my living room. We'll see... I can always take them apart and paint them later. I know I risk breaking the plastic adjuster holders, but I can always just leave them in and paint around them

Heh...

Zinc actually.
And it dulls over time. Won't stay shiny.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

And it dulls over time. Won't stay shiny.

Awwwwwwwwww, shucks

Clear coat!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awwwwwwwwww, shucks

Clear coat!

LOL

Entirely up to you.
I'd still suggest a flat black or a semi-gloss black.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Help! I'm dyin for wirin please update!
Nilknarf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, PM sent.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No wires have came in the mail yet? UPS Ground is usually 3-7 days, isn't it?

And on the buckets, I found in another thread that truck bed liner works really well (as long as the holes are masked off first). Not sure if I'll go that route either but its a possibility.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And we have.......WIRES!!! Let me first say that Chris' work is nothing short of OEM quality. I was quite simply blown away at how well the harness was built, and it was definitelly worth every second of waiting! I thought about making my own as I routinelly wire equipment and controls for a living, but there is no way I could have produced this quality of work for the price. The packaging was also first rate as was the packaging for the Hella(s). Many thanks to Synthesis and Fiero1fan for putting together this badly needed upgrade for our babies. I have seen few other mods which have the immediate visual impact of the new light system for such a modest price and skill level.
PFF
System Bot
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine & impressed with the quality. Thanks much, Harry

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, I should get mine in soon too then
Mirriador

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MirriadorSend a Private Message to MirriadorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for update, will I receive mine soon???
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Want to order a T1. Is that feasable? PM sent. Thanks.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update:

For those of you who are just now getting your harnesses, I am working on instructions for them.

Below are five images showing the routing for these.

The first image is a view of the driver's side headlight motor from the INSIDE, near the cooling fan.

The wire loom on the left is the new harness running up behind the motor, and then up through the original opening that the H4 passed through.
The H4 would normally be visible at the bottom left corner of this image, and your factory H4 would plug into it. This harness is the very first harness, and the H4 was removed. The routing between all revisions of the harnesses are identical.

The second image is a broader view of the same area. See how it runs?

The third image is a top down view of the passenger side motor. You can see the loom behind it, and where it runs down under the overflow jug.

This image is a different angle, and you can see it drop down below the jug. The jug MUST be removed from the trunk wall and moved forward to route the harness, then put back in place after the harness is behind and under the rubber hose.

This last image shows the driver's side from the top, where the main trunk of the harness will route up from in front, and then behind the motor to cross the car.

The Relays mount on the PASSENGER SIDE of the vehicle, on the FRONT of the headlight area. They CAN be mounted on the inner steel fender forward of the hole that the side marker light runs through. Mount them as low as possible, and route the wires around the side.

All harnesses are built on a peg board and use the same length wires, so all will match up on any Fiero (tested and confirmed with 84-88).
If you are having issues with items not reaching where they should when routed as I have listed above, then verify your relays are where they should be. I will have pictures of this later tonight.

Also, please note that the BLUE wire is LOW BEAM, and the WHITE wire is HIGH BEAM. The harness will come up through the opening, and the long section will go straight to the high beam, and the low beam will be the "T" off of the long section.

I am working on instructions, and hope to have some available soon.

Also, I am still manufacturing harnesses, I am catching up, and have supplies on hand. Thank you for your patience. They are shipping.

Alibi, PM sent. Please get back to me.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 03-23-2010).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Want to order a T1. Is that feasable? PM sent. Thanks.

PM sent.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, Still no box
Eau_Rouge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eau_RougeSend a Private Message to Eau_RougeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Want to know how much shipping for a harness will be to Canada. P.M sent, please respond.

Thanks
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex4Mula, boxed, ready to ship.

Others, still catching up on Tier3. Alibi, found your box on my doorstep yesterday afternoon. It never even made it out of this post office here. Badly damaged box, harness is fine.

I will rebox and ship to you tomorrow, Monday at the latest from a different location.

BtotheB... I need your new address. With the extra crap going on, it makes sense to send everything to your new place. I know I have it, but get numerous PMs a day, and searching PMs is impossible.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 03-26-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock