Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Quad Headlight Harnesses for Fiero1Fan's low profile headlights (and more).. (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Quad Headlight Harnesses for Fiero1Fan's low profile headlights (and more).. by Synthesis
Started on: 04-02-2009 02:57 PM
Replies: 405 (16428 views)
Last post by: mr_corean on 11-12-2016 05:37 AM
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2009 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis, I recieved the package today and sent you a PM.
Everything looks OK.

[This message has been edited by Larry Nakamura (edited 07-27-2009).]

IP: Logged
GMEFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I lost my password lol finally got back on the forum

I have been following this headlight thread and I just wanted to know exactly what I need to get the low profile lights
I need your harnesses and his buckets right?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GMEFiero:

I lost my password lol finally got back on the forum

I have been following this headlight thread and I just wanted to know exactly what I need to get the low profile lights
I need your harnesses and his buckets right?

You can build the harnesses yourself using parts you find and buy, or you can order a prebuilt "painless" style harness from me.
I am currently finishing 4 harnesses and will be shipping them tomorrow and Friday, and then I will be fully caught up with all paid harnesses.

Fiero1Fan's buckets will be coming along VERY soon. Kicked the laser cutter in the ass, and we should see them shortly.

You then need to order the headlights themselves from one of two places. Susquehanna Motorsports or direct from PTC Factory Outlet on Ebay.
PTC beats Susquehanna by about 10 bucks a lamp, if not more, and their shipping is top notch. Both vendors are good companies though, so the decision is yours.
PTC is a direct from Hella retailer owned by, you guessed it, Hella.
Lamps come with adjuster screws and bulbs. Ready to install.
GMEFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info appreciate it

how much should i expect to spend if i were to get your harness, the bucket and the lamps?
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably around 450 to 500.00 dollars all depending on weather you powder coat the buckets or not and other things. Just a rough estimate.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 07-31-2009).]

GMEFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds good be sure to let me know when these are ready
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in production on these GME.

Some photos, in the interest of "competition" with someone purporting to have the "original" Harnesses.

In this photo, you can clearly see the Tier 1 harness design, before being loomed.
Male H4 connector (the three pin connector), uncut and unspliced wires following the Fiero factory wiring colors to the twin H9 connectors.
The H9 connectors I use are OEM grade weather sealed connectors with an outer housing for quick and easy release from the bulb. This aids in changing the bulb without damaging the connector. Click the image for a larger view.

In this shot, you can see one of my Front mount battery harnesses, a Bosch style skirted relay made by Hella, the Metri-pack weather sealed socket for the relay with both the bottom seal and the accordion seal for the relay. The skirt seals against the accordion seal. Also visible are the "male" power connection (top left) along with it's wire seal. Two small samples of the engine bay grade wire loom. A ring terminal that features a brazed split (makes it one piece, a more solid mechanical and electrical connection). A fuse/power socket with it's accordion seal and the wire seal (Bottom right with green seal). You will notice the fuse holders also feature the accordion seal and cover for a nice weather tight connection. No wire corrosion here.
On top of that, high beam has it's own fuse, and low beam has it's own. These are fully isolated circuits with a dedicated power connection to each relay. If you blow a fuse late at night, you can still get home.

A completed harness without the H4 connector (special order). Notice the extra piece of wire loom taped to the harness. This is so that once this harness is installed and the client has spliced the wires to the OEM wires, he or she can loom them.

An unloomed harness with H4 connector. (Standard Tier 2.) This one is ready to be loomed and shipped. Notice how the harnesses are identical to each other, except for the H4? Standardization makes this a solid design with no chance of failure when installed properly. There are no wire splices on this harness.

This harness sold here is the competition.I am sure it gets the job done. But even with heat shrink, those wire splices scare me, and I can't get past the appearance of the harness. The harness features a single fuse for both high and low beam. If you pop this fuse late at night and have no spares, you are hosed.

Edit: The competition has removed the photo of this harness from the thread...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 08-03-2009).]

GMEFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks good cant wait
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rest of the paid harnesses have been manufactured and packaged, but shipping has been delayed until Thursday due to an unforeseen medical expense involving 4 stitches, and my right butt cheek. (Please, don't ask.) The hospital and their "You pay now" attitude is pissing me off.

For those who have stuck with me for this long, thank you so much for your patience. I will be making extra harnesses to have on hand during my down time this week for others who want one.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

The rest of the paid harnesses have been manufactured and packaged, but shipping has been delayed until Thursday due to an unforeseen medical expense involving 4 stitches, and my right butt cheek. (Please, don't ask.) The hospital and their "You pay now" attitude is pissing me off.

For those who have stuck with me for this long, thank you so much for your patience. I will be making extra harnesses to have on hand during my down time this week for others who want one.

......... I have to ask. What the hell did you do?

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

......... I have to ask. What the hell did you do?

Ever carry tools around in your back pocket?

Ever forget that one of them was super sharp?

Every forget they were there?

Ever sit down with them in there?

Yeah, I deserve a point notched out of my man card for that one.
PFF
System Bot
GMEFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice lol

i guess this belongs on another episode of when good tools go bad
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump to the top...

If you have paid me, and not received your harness, please PM me. I had some trouble with my paypal and lost my payment records for the last 6 months.

I am waiting on them to restore it for me.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Keep this one at the top.

I hired someone to help with harnesses. I should be able to churn them out a bit quicker now.

Again, if you paid and have not received, PLEASE PM me so I can remedy this immediately.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top.

If you have not received your harness yet, PLEASE PM me.

I ordered additional supplies today to complete more harnesses, but am low on Headlamp plugs for the H9 bulbs. I will be ordering those next week.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top...

Have not received any PMs from anyone.

Trinten, yours was delayed due to my own stupidly busy schedule lately. Disaster recovery at work SUCKS.
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heya Chris,

I haven't received mine yet. **EDIT** just caught your post from the 19th saying that there was another delay on mine. I know you're super busy and all, but I think we're coming up on two months here...

[This message has been edited by Trinten (edited 09-21-2009).]

Nilknarf

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a Tier 3 harness. PM sent
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chris,

Still waiting on an update about when you'll be re-shipping my harness....
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Played phone tag with Chris (Synthesis) last night, his computer has been down which is why he hasn't been on or posted. He's got the parts to fix his system, so will hopefully be back on soon.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep. Sorry about all that. Trinten, your's went out today to G-boro NC.
When you get it, give me a yell. We'll go through the install process so you get it down. It is simple to install, just time consuming.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris:

What is the status of my harness too? Thanks
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Chris:

What is the status of my harness too? Thanks

Yours is waiting to have the H9 connectors and the loom put on. It will ship out on Tuesday of next week...
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Chris.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My harness showed up today. It looks top quality, like it came from a factory. I'm going to try to photograph the install process so we'll have a visual aid. And probably bug Chris quite a bit in the process.

Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I'm still interested in getting a T3 (and buckets), just whenever you get caught up
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:
And probably bug Chris quite a bit in the process.

Sounds like fun.
zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates?
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure this doesn't need to be said...but I had to comment. I got the chance to see one of Synthesis's harnesses in person today, and I was impressed. Good heavy gauge wire....factory coloring on all connections....very nice looking looms...top quality workmanship. The wiring was all set at just the right length...long enough that it was easy to work with, but short enough that there weren't sloppy ends. Great job, Synthesis....

Just remember guys....this doesn't replace your original harness, it is in addition to the original. The original harness is still needed to run the relays (H4 connection to this harness), turn signals, headlight motors, and the rest of the electrical up front.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say that the harness does look fantastic, and I'm working on doing a write-up for installing them. I had put the harness in and wired it up this past weekend, but with sending the pictures to Synthesis, it seems I hadn't done it quite as he had intended, so I want to get out there and get it done right (or as close to right as possible in my car) before the write up.

Overall, for the way I did it, once I had an idea of what I was doing, it shouldn't take more than an hour to put in... depending on rusty bolts.

And a thanks to CowsPatoot for giving me a hand with it starting off!
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say that the harness does look fantastic, and I'm working on doing a write-up for installing them. I had put the harness in and wired it up this past weekend, but with sending the pictures to Synthesis, it seems I hadn't done it quite as he had intended, so I want to get out there and get it done right (or as close to right as possible in my car) before the write up.

Overall, for the way I did it, once I had an idea of what I was doing, it shouldn't take more than an hour to put in... depending on rusty bolts.

And a thanks to CowsPatoot for giving me a hand with it starting off!

Trinten,

Sorry about that, wasn't trying to knock the install on it at all... I will see if I can get some photos of how it is mounted and run in my car when I run to the shop and check on the buckets tonight. I am finally feeling well enough to leave the house, and need to ship a 7730 ECM and a harness this week that was scheduled to go out last week.
Nilknarf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment Sent. PM Sent
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Synthesis,

I didn't take it as a knock at all! No worries. Without power at the moment I couldn't raise the lights and check it out. If I could, I'd probably have seen what you saw to know how I should have run them to begin with!

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis;

I received my harness today and I have to say that I am very pleased with the quality. Very professional!

I highly recommend this for those thinking of purchasing a harness.

Sent you a PM and have left positive feedback.

Thanks!
Nolan
ccfiero350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a tier 3, front battery harness still available?

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock
white 88 notchie, 4 banger

JPD88FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPD88FieroGTSend a Private Message to JPD88FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there still a rear battery mount, tier 3 harness available? If so I'm interested
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, but they are not made. I have two to finish for two very patient people... Need to loom them.

There is a delay on harnesses right now, as life has kicked in again. I will finish the incompletes, and then determine what I have available.

Sorry for the delay guys.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If possible, could I get on the list for a tier 3 harness for a front mount battery?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock