Started on: 02-06-2008 11:49 PM
Replies: 222 (10685 views)
Last post by: Dad on 04-16-2014 07:51 PM
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
############################################################
Since PhoneDawgz started selling cables I decided to quit for the foreseeable future..
###########################################################

6' WINALDL 9 pin SERIAL cable $28 mailed in US, $31 over seas. Add a tested USB to serial adapter for $8 more if you don't have a serial port.
Paypal or MO Please.

The cable has a diode isolated dual feed power option. It can receive the needed powered from the serial port of the pc or from the fuel pump power. This was done since some USB adapters did not supply power to the cable as needed. The USB adapter I sell does power the cable.

Built using surface mounted devices.
The side mounted LED indicates fuel pump power and can be used to verify your FP relay is working correctly or if you running off the oil pressure switch. Also if your OP switch is sticking on or slow releasing. LED is NO indication of working data from the ecm.

WHEN PLUGGING THE CABLE INTO THE ALDL PORT THE LED WILL ALWAYS POINT TOWARD THE STEERING WHEEL SIDE.

1. If the LED lights when you turn your key on you know your FP relay is working. (should go off after 2-3 seconds if you don't start the engine)
2. If it does not comes on until you crank the engine for a few seconds your running off the oil pressure switch.
3. If it stays on after you turn off your key your oil pressure switch is sticking, slow to release or shorted.
4. The LED is no indication of ECM data, only that the fuel pump is funtioning.

Price includes shipping.

This is not a soldered up connector housed in the DB9 hood. I make a pc board to holds all the parts as well as the ALDL connector pins.
Cables may vary from picture depending on supplies available.
The current cables are now built with surface mounted semiconductor devices.

###############################################################

Standard ALDL cables. Read about what WINALDL can do here-(Joby/Winaldl)
ALDLView handy to have. //www.fiero.nl/downloa...DLViewSetup0.3-2.exe

Some links to understand the ALDL results. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/069590.html

WINALDL software does not work on 87 and 88 4cyl. Fieros due the ecm being different.

NOTE: When plugging in the cable the LED will always point toward the steering wheel so it's easy to remember which way to plug it in..

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 06-07-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mine
tmur115

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tmur115

888 posts
Member since Jan 2006
my paypal is all fubar.. will you take a money order?

=todd=
Black86gtFastback

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black86gtFastbackClick Here to visit Black86gtFastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to Black86gtFastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent...

------------------
Tony

86 gt 3.3 5 speed
Just plain fun...

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM's sent to both of you...
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got one from him last week, it's a great item to have, and very well made
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a request for another cable, so while I'm building that I will build two additional for anyone intersted.

Will be the the same as the one pictured above.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 02-07-2008).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2008 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 02-27-2008).]

tmur115

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
payment sent
Brint

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrintSend a Private Message to BrintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner, you have PM.
PFF
System Bot
fkossegi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fkossegiSend a Private Message to fkossegiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, can I get one from the next batch?
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 02-27-2008).]

PineyCreek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner, I'm interested in one as well. Will it work on the 88?
Brint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrintSend a Private Message to BrintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent via PayPal...
fkossegi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fkossegiSend a Private Message to fkossegiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and another sent by Paypal
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PineyCreek:
Dodgerunner, I'm interested in one as well. Will it work on the 88?

not on a 4 cylinder

and $25 is cheap.
the parts alone are probably 10 bucks. and then the god awful amount of time it takes to make them.
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

not on a 4 cylinder

Will it work on any 4 cylinder?? or just not on the 88??
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:
Will it work on any 4 cylinder?? or just not on the 88??

it's the WINALDL program that will not work.
I think it's both the 87 and 88 4 cylinder computers will not work with WINALDL because they switched over to DIS.
but the older 4 cylinders that use a distributor are ok.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 02-08-2008).]

jgrotzin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jgrotzinSend a Private Message to jgrotzinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love one if you have anymore, LMK.

Thanks
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner I told all of the guys at the Beaumont gathering tonight how much I liked your cables and that they need to buy one from you.
Joe
PFF
System Bot
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want one! Paypal funds sent. Thx.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

it's the WINALDL program that will not work.
I think it's both the 87 and 88 4 cylinder computers will not work with WINALDL because they switched over to DIS.
but the older 4 cylinders that use a distributor are ok.

Thanks BuddyCraigg I was going to add to the post regarding the 87 and 88 4's not working, you saved me the trouble..

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 02-25-2008).]

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested I'm willing to build a few more cables.

They would be like the one pictured above but NOT with the blue flat cable. (ran out of that and will update the picture.)

The ALDL head would be the same with the Fuel Pump LED.

If your interested let me know and I'll build them as I get request for them.
Please message me first or post and I'll start a list and let you know when they are ready.

DR
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent

dan

[This message has been edited by bonaduce (edited 02-25-2008).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a great cable guys, well made and worked for me the first time out of the box.
Joe Crawford
Texas
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once I have the extra cash available to pick up a 3rd laptop...I'll hit you up for one of these cables(on josef644's recommendation).
Unless I go ahead with my 4.9 swap...then it wouldn't be much use to me I bet.

------------------
--David

Golden Triangle Fiero Club

ly41181

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got mine last week. Looks awesome! Now I have to get a laptop . Thanks much!

Josh
jgrotzin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jgrotzinSend a Private Message to jgrotzinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to be added to the list. Thanks!
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updated the picture up top with the new cables.
The three shown are spoke for already...
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:

Once I have the extra cash available to pick up a 3rd laptop...I'll hit you up for one of these cables(on josef644's recommendation).
Unless I go ahead with my 4.9 swap...then it wouldn't be much use to me I bet.

David ya need on of these. Next time we all get togeather I will bring mine and my laptop. I'll show you Beaumont guys how to logg data, and pull it up on the graph to look at.
Joe Crawford
PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent, I look forward to getting the cable.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for updates on the fist post.
Not making anymore cables till next winter...
86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to have one! Are any left?

Thanks!
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I have is listed at the very top of the first post. Take a look and let me know..
86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
f499

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f499Send a Private Message to f499Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner,

I will take a 9' cable if you have one availble. Please send your paypal info.

Thanks,

Freeman
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogt455

282 posts
Member since Jun 2004
Dodgerunner,

Payment sent.

Thanks,

Freeman
mswenson289

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mswenson289Send a Private Message to mswenson289Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner
I received my cable yesterday very nice build, looking froward to testing it out this week.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock