Started on: 10-07-2007 09:48 AM
Replies: 255 (21297 views)
Last post by: FieroG97J on 06-05-2023 09:47 AM
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by a_bartle:

Dodgerunner,

I just sent you an email to order two more Fiero Belt Tensioner kits. I ordered one from you a couple years ago and installed it on my '88 GT. It's awesome, that is how the car should have been supplied from the factory! Thanks for keeping these available to us.

Art

+1
IP: Logged
nightscar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightscarSend a Private Message to nightscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also sent you a PM Dodgerunner, would love to snag one of these kits from you for my Fiero
Knight

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is an awsome product! Tried everything for my sqeeling belt. Sprays, lots of tension, gatorgack belt. All failed. This tensioner kit solved the problem.
Fantasic product! Everything needed is included and parts look top quality. Plus the spring loaded tensioner maintains proper tension as the belt ages.
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Knight

364 posts
Member since Apr 2006
BTW, + for you.
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
email sent
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received mine tday, well built, cant wait till i get it put on!!! NO MORE PIG SQUEEL!!! Feedback left!!!! ADD a pin in Arkansas

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-24-2014).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this still offered Dodge?
Midn1ght Driv3r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought the tensioner. Quick shipping and if you follow his instructions it's a quick install. Took me an hour to install it, and it immediately fixed my squeaking problem. Hands down one of the best products I've ever bought. +1

Thanks again
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These Tensioners are the best!!!! Bought 2 over the years and they are still working perfectly! Easy to install, and I've never had to adjust the belt since on either car.
lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump and PM sent. I want to buy a bracket!
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While building more brackets today decided to count the machining steps to make a bracket.
Counted cutting, grinding, machining, and welding. Left off alignment and testing.
33 machining operations.
PFF
System Bot
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. :-)
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Camel

381 posts
Member since Jul 2009
Payment sent. Thanks for the quick response.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merry Christmas to all the Fiero owners out there.

DR
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these kits still available?
JeffGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffGTSend a Private Message to JeffGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the ONLY downside to this tensioner is the adjustment bolt bracket on the tensioner mount.
CocoFiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still building Dodgerunner? PM sent.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JeffGT:

the ONLY downside to this tensioner is the adjustment bolt bracket on the tensioner mount.

What exactly is the downside? I've had this tensioner for years, and love it. I'm genuinely interested in what you've found you don't like about it.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may be interested in one, if these are still being made.
CocoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just finished installing the Dodgerunner tensioner in my 86 SE with a 3.4 V6. This is a high quality, well-designed upgrade. It fit perfectly and installation instructions are easy to follow. Stopped the squeal instantly and looks like a factory install. Dodgerunner is great to deal with. Thank you!
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 08-19-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner you have a PM!
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had Dodgerunner's tensioner bracket on my Fiero for almost 9 years. It's arguably one of the best upgrade items I've bought for the Fiero. The car has been raced many times (autocross and drag racing), and the engine has been north of 6500 RPM many times. Not a single problem with the tensioner setup.

For the last few years, I've been using the tensioner along with Rodney Dickman's power pulley (just the crankshaft pulley) and a 41" belt. Kudos to Rodney for selling the crankshaft pulley separately.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow 9 years, has it really been that long.... time flies...
f85gtron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email sent
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep alive
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed Dodgerunner's tensioner bracket on my Fiero in 10/2009. Replaced belt 08/2014 along side of road using 1 wrench to pull the tensioner with hot engine and never got burned.
Took all but a few minutes and most of that was pulling out the shredded belt. Thanks Dodgerunner, your the man!!

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2018 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dodgerunner you have PM
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2018 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner,

I'm interested, but got few questions.

I'll send a PM shortly.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 05-15-2018).]

Crasian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased 2 of them.. seriously an awesome product that does something truly worthwhile. NO MORE EMBARRASSING SQUEAL EVER!.. PERIOD! Great job Doddgerunner!
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-15-2018 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

So I went ahead and rode my motorized bike down to the parts store with my old belt to select a new one. The guy at the parts counter was reading the OC number (outside circumference) instead of the length in the part number though and kept trying to tell me a belt with a part number of K050405 was a 41.25 belt. The K number is the number of ribs (05) and the next 3 numbers are the length in inches (040") and the last number is a decimal (.5). Therefore its a 5 ribbed belt thats 40.5 inches long. I kinda thought the parts guy would know that but whatever...

Anyway, they didn't have a 41 inch belt in stock but they did have a 40.5 inch belt so I took it. Its a bit of a tight fit to get it on, but it seems to be just fine from just letting the motor idle. With the 40.5 belt, the tensioner is using up about 2/3's of its total travel which I think is OK and as the belt stretches it will use up a bit less. I think the 41 inch belt would actually be the better choice, however, as it would take up a little less tension travel to pull it closer to center and it would be easier to put on.

The only problem is that I used a 3/8 ratchet wrench to pull the tensioner back and now there isn't enough room to get it back out so it looks like I'm going to have to find out what size the square boss on the top of the tensioner is and pull it back with a wrench to retrieve my ratchet before I go on a test drive.

So in closing:

-With Rodney's power pullies use a 41 inch belt.
-41" belt.
-Don't use a ratchet, use a wrench on the boss on top of the tensioner or you'll not be able to get the ratchet back out of the recess in the side of the tensioner arm.

Thanks for the info.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 05-16-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2018 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner,

Got my bracket!

Looks great! Can't wait to install it.

Thanks,

0z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 0zSend a Private Message to 0zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought an 88GT about a month ago. It squealed every time I started it. I read through this thread and decided I had to get one of these belt tensioners.
I go out to the car and low and behold it already had one! ???
The tensioner was right up against the crank pulley, so I figured all it needed was a shorter belt.
The previous owner had a 457 belt on there. I got a 450, put it on and so far so good.
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 0z:

I just bought an 88GT about a month ago. It squealed every time I started it. I read through this thread and decided I had to get one of these belt tensioners.
I go out to the car and low and behold it already had one! ???
The tensioner was right up against the crank pulley, so I figured all it needed was a shorter belt.
The previous owner had a 457 belt on there. I got a 450, put it on and so far so good.

That's an easy fix. Ha.
FieroVin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2019 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps a bit off topic, but I was searching this topic for the belt size as I have had this setup for several years now (and BTW love it!) My alternator failed, belt broke and I was able to find two places in town that had what they said was the right alternator for my 87GT but one had a V-belt pulley and the other had a 6-groove serpentine pulley. I have swapped pulleys in the past but this time the pulley was damaged when the alternator failed.

The question is this: Can I run my 5-grove belt on a 6-groove pulley without issue or do I need to find a 5-groove pulley somewhere? The grooves look like they are the same size. The local AutoZone and Advance Auto were no help when I asked them how I get one with the right pulley on it.

TIA

Vin
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2019 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroVin:

Perhaps a bit off topic, but I was searching this topic for the belt size as I have had this setup for several years now (and BTW love it!) My alternator failed, belt broke and I was able to find two places in town that had what they said was the right alternator for my 87GT but one had a V-belt pulley and the other had a 6-groove serpentine pulley. I have swapped pulleys in the past but this time the pulley was damaged when the alternator failed.

The question is this: Can I run my 5-grove belt on a 6-groove pulley without issue or do I need to find a 5-groove pulley somewhere? The grooves look like they are the same size. The local AutoZone and Advance Auto were no help when I asked them how I get one with the right pulley on it.

TIA

Vin

I am sure it will work as long as you have the belt in line with the rest of the pulleys, However it could shift and cause the belt to wear out prematurely. I would just try to find the right pulley from the start.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2019 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

I am sure it will work as long as you have the belt in line with the rest of the pulleys, However it could shift and cause the belt to wear out prematurely. I would just try to find the right pulley from the start.

It's good to remember to have the store, or yourself, swap your original pulley onto the new Alt. When I switch my 85GT to the newer Alt. Oreily's swapped it right in the store for me with their electric impact.

randy86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2019 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randy86Send a Private Message to randy86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you still selling these?
capn_r

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2019 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for capn_rSend a Private Message to capn_rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got one from him about two months ago. I sent him a PM and he replied very quickly. A great product deserving of all the kudos!
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As above got mine a few months ago. Brilliant.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock