Started on: 10-07-2007 09:48 AM
Replies: 255 (21241 views)
Last post by: FieroG97J on 06-05-2023 09:47 AM
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ready to go....

Clear!

And done!

Awesome kit

The install of your bracket was incredibly easy, if I hadn't been messing around with other things as well It would have been done in no time. I had an easy way to install the Gates tensioner as well, worked great.

I just started the bolt in the center of the tensioner, then put a small allen behind it and used a screwdriver to rotate the base into place, and push the pin into location:
IP: Logged
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE NOTE 11-1-2009-- Made another update to the bracket so that the above should no longer be required. You should be able to bolt the Gates or any brand tensioner on without any interferance with the pulleys. (at least with known tensioners I've tested)
DR

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Xanth, great glad all went well. That's a good idea for doing those Gates tensioners.
(Note: Xanth purchase his own tensioner and belt. The gates tensioner is a little different than the one I sell in my kit. )

Bet doing it on a lift was nice also. The wife gave me a coupon (read that permission) to purchase a two post lift for Christmas.
Have a place in the garage for it just need to find a good deal on one...

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 02-09-2010).]

Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having a lift is great, I actually installed the belt from underneath as well, found it to be easier than doing it from above.

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 03-09-2008).]

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I got it in the mail today.

I just left feedback.

Cory
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed and working like a charm.
Add me to the list of satisfied customers in Texas.
A plus and positive feedback for you!!!!

------------------
--David

Golden Triangle Fiero Club

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 02-09-2010).]

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard a car in our work parking lot start up yesterday and the belt was squealing like mad.
I thought "gee, is that what I used to sound like?".

It cut out the belt squeal and slipping altogether.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have brackets and kits available again...

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend.

Rainy weather is coming, fixing that squealing belt sounds so sweet!
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added another to the map.
Three now in Massachusetts but TX is still in the lead.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

I had an easy way to install the Gates tensioner as well, worked great.

I just started the bolt in the center of the tensioner, then put a small allen behind it and used a screwdriver to rotate the base into place, and push the pin into location:

i wish i would of seen how you did the gates before i did mine.
i recently had to replace my alternator and had to take the tensioner back out. i didn't want to go through the trouble i had the
first time with the gates tensioner so i bought a different one, e.g. like one DR sells.

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:
Added another to the map.
Three now in Massachusetts but TX is still in the lead.

you'll be able to add another to TX cause i want to put another one on.

since Xanth tensioner install looks simple i'll try and reuse my tensioner, so i'll just need the bracket.

thanks...

PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My method worked out fairly well, just make sure the bolt for your tensioner is long enough to thread in with room to spare, and you have a small hardened tool to use for a lever.

I tried a couple things, such as nails, but they are much too soft to work. Needs to be some hard metal like the Torx wrench I used.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add a first for Minnesota to the map!

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 04-01-2008).]

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2008 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow added another to NE map, I guess there are a couple more Fieros in Nebraska then I thought.

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

one to Texas.
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2008 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess you got me on your "Bracket Map" - You should upgrade to one of these online maps with placeable icons that shows the world
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

I guess you got me on your "Bracket Map" - You should upgrade to one of these online maps with placeable icons that shows the world

I second that!!
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2008 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking at it and will start working on that...

Thanks for the idea. I didn't realize it was so easy..
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hoping to have mine working by tomorrow. Tried to install the newer alternator, but that didn't work out. I'll have to do that later. I bought an '88 exhaust heat shield to use with the upgraded alternator because the earlier ones won't quite work right. But I know my luck. As soon as I try to remove the exhaust manifold bolts to put the heat shield on, SNAP! So I decided to put the old alternator back on and wait until another time for the upgrade. Had to put new tie rods on the passenger side. So that took more time. It kept raining off and on. Dammitol I still have to hook up the battery and the dog bone, then it should be good to go. Had to quit for the night because I ran out of light and the mosquitoes were starting to treat me like a blood bank. But the kit is great. Had my dumb luck not interfered, I would have been done a long time ago.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So if Richard and I both have one.. that should be 2 for South Carolina.
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to add a quick note to any fellow 88 Auto V6 owners with this kit, if you need to get the alternator out you can still do it.

Raising up the rear of the car with the suspension hanging, unbolt the right rear sway bar mount, you can then slide the alternator between the swaybar and suspension while pushing the swaybar up. I was able to swap my alternator in a couple minutes without messing with any of the brackets.
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whadeduck I used my 85 alt heat shield with the newer 88 alt. on my 85Gt. Just added a strap to the shield to offset it to the right location. It all mounts under the shield on one of the alt bolts so all you see if the double nuts on the outside of the shield existing bolt hole. If that makes since.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 04-13-2008).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I tried that. It ended up with the exhaust heat shield resting right on the manifold. That's why I decided to try the '88 heat shield that bolts directly to the manifold. But I don't have the time right now to either drill out or have drilled out any broken bolts if I do it. So I'll upgrade later.

Edit: It's Alive! Alive.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 04-13-2008).]

speed1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for speed1Send a Private Message to speed1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bracket just arrived today in the mail. The bracket is well made and Dodgerunner gets them shipped out quick. Now I have to get my butt into the garage and get it installed!
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add another in Germany (3) to the map.
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to order the bracket. Do you have any available? How do I send money?

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
87 GT Black
87 GT Med. Red Metallic

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any full kits left? Come Friday provided my check's what I expect, I'd like to put an order in.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2008 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have parts for more kits but am out of assembled brackets right now.
Am planning on putting more together and hope to have them done by 5-15-08.

sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got mine too. It took a little more than an hour to install it, but it wasn't complicated. Some of that time was spent getting the old alternator off and a new one on. If you're not replacing the alternator it would be a lot easier. I installed it on an 88 GT with 5 speed Getrag. I didn't loosen the dog bone and didn't support the engine with anything. No problems whatsoever.

The squeek is GONE GONE GONE!!! It so wierd driving the car without having to turn everything electrical off during startup.

Thanks again DRunner!

*** EDIT *** Don't forget to add me to the map under Florida...

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 05-11-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just sent payment today after work. Looks like I'll be the first Delaware addition to the map. =)
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And it's in the mail..!

Check out the New link by the US map to the Guest world map.
I have not found all the locations yet. (poor record keeping) but getting close...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:

I have parts for more kits but am out of assembled brackets right now.
Am planning on putting more together and hope to have them done by 5-15-08.

Are you on schedule for the assembled brackets? I'd like to change the "2" over Vancouver BC to a "3" on your map.

One other question - Do you or can you ship using USPS? I have my US purchases sent to Blaine Washington 98230 as I can't receive items shipped by private carriers such as UPS or FedEx.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-15-2008).]

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two requests I'm waiting for replies on. One to Alberta and one to the US.
If I don't hear back from them by next week they are up for grabs... Been a busy week with 4 request.
Otherwise I'll have a couple more done over the weekend.

I always ship USPS priority mail since it is the lowest cost for me.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, great.

I don’t know what procedure is in place here regarding who's next in line, but whenever a bracket becomes available, just let me know (PM or email) and I’ll fire off a PayPal payment immediately. Thanks.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36242 posts
Member since Apr 99

DR, I've tried three times to reply to your PM, but everytime I get an "internal server error". Anyway, it's just the bracket I need, thanks.

I have a question though in regards to the use of this setup with power pulleys. As you probably know, Rodney Dickman sells his Power Pulley Kit with an idler pulley.

Obviously, anyone using your bracket with a tensioner doesn't require the idler pulley, but if your setup will work with these pulleys, what is the best way to determine the belt length required? It would be great to hear from someone who's actually installed this combination of components.

I have no idea if Rodney will sell his pulleys without the rest of the items shown. If not, does anyone know of other sources for these pulleys, just the pulleys?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36242 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Patrick:

I have no idea if Rodney will sell his pulleys without the rest of the items shown.

I've emailed Rodney and I'll report back on his response. It's possible he may wish to comment here directly as I included a link to this thread.

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I would do to get a measurement is install the pulleys, space the tensioner or whatever you are using to the position you want it.
I then run a tape measure around the belt route and read the length.
I check one I had mounted that takes the 45" belt. With a tape measure run around the belt path it measured 45.5" so guess it was subtracting the 1/2 inch from the length.
Then find a belt closest to your length.

Along with Rodneys there are a couple links on the fierosails.com site regarding a couple other vendors that sell pulleys for a fiero.

http://www.streetbeatcustom...-pulleys-gm-car.html

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 05-16-2008).]

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally have some stock built up.

Have four brackets and parts for one kit left in stock.

I am going to start sanding my 85GT to paint it so will probably not be making any more for several weeks.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock