Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  HHP is Making Sway bars Again! Front and Rear Adjustable Bars (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
HHP is Making Sway bars Again! Front and Rear Adjustable Bars by R Runner
Started on: 03-25-2007 10:14 AM
Replies: 345 (21943 views)
Last post by: Franked on 05-31-2021 03:33 PM
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero-iwan:
First on the list are 3800scII + F40 trans and Corvette powerstearin install.
Hope that there is no interference with the bars and the above meantioned upgrades. For possible interferance issues allone I really would like to buy your bars. I would prefer to work around the bars when fabbig motormounts etc instead of having to redo the mounts because they interfere with the bar or other hardware.

I will send you a copy of the instruction manual as a Microsoft Word Document first. That will help with your planning. The rear bar fits about 1 to 2 inches higher than the stock bar and is straight not bent. The front bar is moved aft in car position about 1 to 2" Please PM you email to me so I can send you both instruction manuals.

Originally posted by fiero-iwan:When I start to drive my fiero on the nurburgring in Germany I'll want a set front and rear for sure. Are you familier with Nordschleife (old nurburg-ring)?? It is verry high speed but also not verry smooth, bumps need te be able to be solked up ,also mid-corner...

What bar setup would you recomend, and would you consider selling eventhough I will not be able to provide feedback on driving for quite some time ? LMK!. Oh , and ride comfort is not important to me but tires must stay in contact with the road at all times. The car has Eibach lowering springs in front and koni coilovers in the rear. Car is low, probably too low, so I'll be changing rodneys 1. inch drop balljoints for 1/2 inch or stock balljoints, or possibly shim te spring.

I would suggest you consult with other racers who run that course regulary. As you have pointed out, each track is different. My first thought is to go with the Competition Kit (front and rear) and run a softer spring rate, with adjustable shocks (1 way minimum but 2 way is better for a rough course. Koni is a good choice). Again, talk to someone with experience at that track. I have seen video of that track and know what you are tlking about. However, they do run some cars with a pretty stiff suspension on that course. I argee that you do not want to be too low. Based on your suspension description, it sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

As for my question about the 88 links I was talking about the very nice suspension links that are not stock 88. Where to buy!! I Want!!

My bad. I misunderstood.

Considering your location, I would sell the kits for the normal $320 USD per end ($640 total) and we would then figure out the freight. If you PM or email me your address (or postal code) I can look into what UPS would charge to ship overseas. I believe it will be a little pricy. But you will at least be able to see all the costs up front and make a decision.

Again thank you for your interest.

Paul

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 03-29-2008).]

IP: Logged
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by racer14:

My race car won't be ready for several months, I don't mind waiting till you feel the '88 kits are ready. I will be a buyer as soon as they're ready, however. Thanks, Doug

PM sent
fiero-iwan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero-iwanSend a Private Message to fiero-iwanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent !
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM sent !

and returned... well, I sent you an email with the promised information.
fiero-iwan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero-iwanSend a Private Message to fiero-iwanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the instructions with all the nice pics. These instructions are very comprehensive!! Looks promising.
looking forward to hearing about shipping cost.

Iwan
EMX5636

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EMX5636Send a Private Message to EMX5636Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would also like to look at a set of instructions. I have to finish building my intercooler for the new setup, but after that and some tuning sessions, my 88 should be ready to go. What is the current pricing for 88 stuff? 320 each plus shipping? Let me know, thanks,

Justin W

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula 4-spd- 3400sfi custom turbo install with a 60-1. Haltech ECU. Here comes 300+whp
1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - under the knife
1992 S10 4x4 - lowered, bike/quad hauler, dd
1995 Kawi Ninja zx7r
2003 Honda 440ex
1986 Kawi Ninja 600R - for sale
1987 Yamaha Warrior - for sale

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Justin...

Email sent!
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Any interest?

Yes. Do you think they'll be any clearance issues using larger diameter rims and tires on a 87?

------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Yes. Do you think they'll be any clearance issues using larger diameter rims and tires on a 87?

There should be NO clearance issues for larger diameter wheels on any Fiero '84-'87 or the '88

Madcurl... I'll send you a set of the installation instructions if you want. PM your email to me. Thank you.
BTW.... I really admire your creation. A true work of art. I know you hear that a lot, but it deserves the attention. Are you going to the 25th?

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Everyone,

I have some movement on the bars for the 1988 suspension. I am working on getting some track time feedback on front to rear balance. Once this is complete, I will post an anouncement that the bars for the 1988 suspension are available. I expect the testing to go smoothly.

Stay tuned..... !!!!

------------------
Paul

Pontiac prestiege.... Pontiac performance...... Pontiac POWER!
HHP Is back in business! Now selling Adjustable Sway bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
For a full history of the Fiero SS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There should be NO clearance issues for larger diameter wheels on any Fiero '84-'87 or the '88

Madcurl... I'll send you a set of the installation instructions if you want. PM your email to me. Thank you.
BTW.... I really admire your creation. A true work of art. I know you hear that a lot, but it deserves the attention. Are you going to the 25th?

84-87 PIC from first pg.

My 3-piece rims are moved inward pretty close to the body.

Yes. I hope to attend the 25th this year with #020 (Arch Rival) and I would like to have your rear sway bar for my 87 having Archie to install it. It might be better to send the instructions to Archie instead of me since I'm not the one to install the part. Please PM me regarding the price. I have a few other questions I liked answered.

Thanks for the compliments.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-17-2008).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl..... Could you PM your email to me? I tried to send you something yesterday, but it didn't work.

Thank you.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Here is an update on the adjustable '88 front and rear bars......

The plan is to have an IT car run the final testing for balance and then offer them for sale to the general public. At this point I have made 3 sets of the bars and realized that I have more time in them than I planned. Basically that translates in to a higher price for the '88 version.
Originally the price was $320 per kit + $30 shipping and handling. 1 front and 1 rear kit per car. Since I have to fabricate a pair of front and a pair of rear mounting brackets, the new price is still TBD per kit with the shipping and handling at the same $30 until shipping prices start biting me due to fuel costs. I will post the new price soon, but there will be an increase.

More to come....
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To continue the post above....

The "new" price for the 1988 suspension bars will be $350 per kit (plus $30 shipping and handling if it applies).

Sorry for the increase, but it was necessary.

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait for the 88 stuff to be available!!!

------------------
Christian
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd, 88 suspension, C6 polished wheels, C5 Z06 brakes, Konis, poly'd, Spec Stg 3
Next Mod: LT1 fuel injection with Megasquirt II, LED taillights
301rwhp/345rwtq
Stovebolt Powered!!!!!
06 Cobalt SS/SC w/ LSD (the slow DD)

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul - I have a pair of Formula's here (1 stock, 1 with a 4.9) that would make great beta testers ... LOL

------------------

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

Paul - I have a pair of Formula's here (1 stock, 1 with a 4.9) that would make great beta testers ... LOL

Thank you, but the bars are being tested on an IT class car around Road Atlanta as we speak (type). So far the results are encouring. They did contribute to reduced lap times from what I understand.

Sorry I have not posted in a while. I have very busy working on the IMSA (car, trailer, and truck) for the 25th.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The final testing for the '88 bars could be completed as soon as Monday. If so, I will make a new thread with all the details.

From the information I have it sounds like the rear bar passed all of the track testing. Just waiting to hear about the front bar.

Heeping my fnigers crossed.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The final testing for the '88 bars could be completed as soon as Monday. If so, I will make a new thread with all the details.

From the information I have it sounds like the rear bar passed all of the track testing. Just waiting to hear about the front bar.

Heeping my fnigers crossed.

Heeping my fnigers crossed too. Can't wait.
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 1988 HHP adjustable sway bars are now available. Please see the other thread:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043365.html

Thank you for your interest!

See you at the 25th!
Madscanner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could afford a set - it's not so much the cost of the bars, but the cost of the shipping.

Maybe next time I'm over, I could buy some and take them back as part of my luggage allowance...

------------------
The Madscanner

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

------------------
Paul

For a full history of my IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway bars for ALL MODELS: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Test

------------------
Paul

HHP Adjustable Sway bars for ALL MODELS: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

------------------
Paul

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if a rear bar will work with the held suspension bump steer elimination lower control arm.....
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I wonder if a rear bar will work with the held suspension bump steer elimination lower control arm.....

Last year (page 1) I was told that it would work with the RCC kit.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As soon as my car is back on the road, I will be buying a front and rear set. I bought your old rear sway bar (the last one you made) and loved it. I've been waiting years for an adjustable set, can't wait to try them out.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last year (page 1) I was told that it would work with the RCC kit.

Hmm, the RCC kit doesn't replace the whole lower control arm though I dont think....

The held kit is a tubular lower a arm.. I wonder if theres a location to drill through to create a mounting point for either one of your bars or even a stock front bar on the rear.

I'm looking to do some major suspension work next season and these bars are on the wish list...

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 08-07-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

As soon as my car is back on the road, I will be buying a front and rear set. I bought your old rear sway bar (the last one you made) and loved it. I've been waiting years for an adjustable set, can't wait to try them out.

That is great to hear! I'm glad you are enjoying your bar. The difference between my old bar and stock was a pretty significant difference as you pointed out. The adjustable bars are another full step above the old bar. Not only are they adjustable but also can be made to be almost twice as stiff on the front AND rear as the old HHP sway bar setup.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Hmm, the RCC kit doesn't replace the whole lower control arm though I dont think....

The held kit is a tubular lower a arm.. I wonder if theres a location to drill through to create a mounting point for either one of your bars or even a stock front bar on the rear.

I'm looking to do some major suspension work next season and these bars are on the wish list...

With tube A-arms the mounting points would most likely change. I would need to redesign the kit to work woth the held kit if the endlink holes are not in the stock location.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, in the pictures on their website it looks like theres a flat area similar to what would be on a stock control arm. If the flat area was in the same location as the holes in a stock arm, holes could be drilled for your sway bars. Next spring when I get the arms I'll compare between tubular and stock and see what I find. In the mean time I'll keep my fingers crossed?
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm, in the pictures on their website it looks like theres a flat area similar to what would be on a stock control arm. If the flat area was in the same location as the holes in a stock arm, holes could be drilled for your sway bars. Next spring when I get the arms I'll compare between tubular and stock and see what I find. In the mean time I'll keep my fingers crossed?

Sounds like a good plan. I will be interested to learn what you find out. Thank you again for your interest.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
zi_gravedigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zi_gravediggerSend a Private Message to zi_gravediggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After driving around my friend's 95 corvette so often I think these are definitely on my wishlist. His makes my Fiero feel like it leans more than when I bought it, which isn't the case. Just feels that way now

I'm thinking the performance kit. I don't mind a rougher ride but the competition kit would be way too overkill for any city driving. Toledo's roads are terrible.

There's just one problem- a 6 speed F40 swap to go with my 3800SC is already on the wishlist. Now I have to spend the next six months saving and debating which one I do in 2009 and which has to wait til 2010 lol

Anyway, free bump for the Christmas season
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may scrap the idea of going with the held suspension and just "refresh" the stock fiero components with poly bushings and buy a front and rear set of these sway bars if they make a huge difference. Can I expect a much "tighter" and more responsive ride?

It's tough to make a decision without being able to test each one out...
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got an RCC suspension going on my 87 GT, I am also using the performance sway bars. I'll have to hurry up and finish the rear and let you know how they work, or if some modifications need to be done. Hopefully by the end of the month, maybe sooner. BTW, with a stock suspension set-up, these things are unbelievable! I rode in R Runner's car and I was impressed, now that I have driven a car with them, I doubt I will have another Fiero without them. I just need to finish the new suspension modifications... wish there was more time in a day.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock