Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  HHP is Making Sway bars Again! Front and Rear Adjustable Bars (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
HHP is Making Sway bars Again! Front and Rear Adjustable Bars by R Runner
Started on: 03-25-2007 10:14 AM
Replies: 345 (21956 views)
Last post by: Franked on 05-31-2021 03:33 PM
Jermz238

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i missed this until just now, this is great! i currently have the fiero store rear sway bar on there (which was a PITA to put on and is giving me ground clearance headaches). i'll try to save up some green and get some of these!
IP: Logged
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2007 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!

I am a real picky guy when it comes to the way my car rides and drives. I am very confiedent that customers will not only be satisified (my minimum goal) but impressed and excited to drive their car again. I know I am. If I have a poor day at work, it all goes away by the time I get home. Heck, now I even look forward to the drive TO work.

Paul
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
FieroGuy9890

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGuy9890Click Here to visit FieroGuy9890's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGuy9890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look great, I'll deffinatly be buying some as soon as I get the money. New tires come first though, these old dry rotted ones won't hold the road now, let alone with less body roll.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGuy9890:

These look great, I'll deffinatly be buying some as soon as I get the money. New tires come first though, these old dry rotted ones won't hold the road now, let alone with less body roll.

I agree. Tires are more important than sway bars.

Again, everyone, thank you for your comments.

Paul
fastback 88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in the 88 bars let me know if this happens
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2007 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastback 88:

I'd be interested in the 88 bars let me know if this happens

Will do.
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

I'm interested in these 88s as well. I would buy a front for sure. Possibly a rear.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

Bump

I'm interested in these 88s as well. I would buy a front for sure. Possibly a rear.

Okay.... Thank you.
ambfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seen this kit at Fieros at Auburn, the parts and the kit on Pauls car. Its a very nice kit! I plan on getting mine soon as well. Thanks for making parts to make our cars better.

------------------
In loving memory of Harold Hummel (PFF 4WHEEL)
1936-2004

PFF
System Bot
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like other people have already said: If you make them for '88's, I will buy them.
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How long are you planning on making these kits? I would like a front and rear for the pre-88, but I only have about half the $ right now. I'd probably be picking up a set in 6 months or so, maybe a little more. Just hoping you will be making them for a while

Let me know, thanks!

Steve
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be making them for some time unless something unforseen happens. I make them on an "as ordered" basis. That's why I have a longer lead time.

Everyone.... thank you for the positive comments!

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 07-13-2007).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little update........

I have begun the R&D for the '88 front and rear bars.

There is much work to be done, so I don't have an expected completion date. I just wanted to let you guys know I have started.

------------------
Paul

Pontiac prestiege.... Pontiac performance...... Pontiac POWER!
HHP Is back in business! Now selling Adjustable Sway bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
For a full history of the Fiero SS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress continues.....

I think I have it figured out. I now have mocked up each component and now it is time to get the correctly sized stuff. After that, its test time.....

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today is test day. Wish me luck.
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good luck
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay! An update.......

I'm really excited to say that the trial on the '88 went very well. I tested every position on both front and rear bars and results were as predicted. The car I am using as a test bed is a 29,000 mile '88 GT that one of my good friends very generously let me use. So my comparison is from a perfectly stock suspension to one with my prototype bars. Using the "performance bars" the car felt fantastic and controlable. Much smoother ride than I expected and tight, tight, tight.

I still have tons of paperwork to do and bench measuring of the bars before I will feel comfortable making them for a customer, but I cna say now for sure that I can make them. More details in a little while. Lots of other things going on now as well. Thank you for all of you that have been waiting for progress.

BTW, the rear bar for the '88 will be interchangble with the rear '84 to '87. Unfortunately I was not able to make this happen on the front. That was my goal (in an effort to save people money and minimize the number of parts) but it just was not possible with the geometry of the updated suspension.

I feel a small sense of victory.

------------------
Paul

Pontiac prestiege.... Pontiac performance...... Pontiac POWER!
HHP Is back in business! Now selling Adjustable Sway bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
For a full history of the Fiero SS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

PFF
System Bot
Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-REdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul,

Now I'm ready for that adjustable front bar for the GT

Earl
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Earl.... PM sent
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumper-roo
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump....
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update........

The installation manual is finished for the rear '88 kit. I still have to write the one for the front.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work on these from what I can see.

Will the '88 bars cost the same as the pre-'88s?
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Very nice work on these from what I can see.

Will the '88 bars cost the same as the pre-'88s?

Yes. They will be the same price. It turned out that the material and labor was about the same as the pre-'88's
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is good news!!! Does this mount in the same location as the factory '88 rear bar?

thx!

-jeff d
PFF
System Bot
ccfiero350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be very interested in a pair for my 88, keep us posted when your ready for orders.

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock
white 88 notchie, 4 banger

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierov8:

This is good news!!! Does this mount in the same location as the factory '88 rear bar?

thx!

-jeff d

They do mount to the same mounting positions as the factory bars. However, to use straight bars, I had to shift the location slightly. I am not sure if it will be in the way of anyone's modified exhaust. Below is a picture of the location where the bar passes throught the rear. Maybe it will help people determine if this is a factor with their car. It also gives a good view of how to keep the arms parallel when mounting them on the splines.

The paperwork progress has been slow. I have had a semi-major problem with my house and have had to dump resources into that instead of the bars (or racecar or other toys). I have basement wall moving on me and it's not pretty.

Also below are pictures of the kits. Again... I am making progress but it is slow.

'88 FRONT

'88 REAR

ccfiero350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the rear bar, those aluminum pillow blocks move the bar forword and up?

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ccfiero350:

On the rear bar, those aluminum pillow blocks move the bar forword and up?

They move the center of the bar forward 1.5" The bar is also bigger in diameter (it is now 1.25" dia).
ccfiero350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How would the clearance around the CV boot clamp be on a lowered (1 3/4) car?

I rubbed off my clamp band on my first autocross with the Addco bars on the right side.

Also are the links adjustable so you can weight the corners?

Looks great so far.

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ccfiero350:

How would the clearance around the CV boot clamp be on a lowered (1 3/4) car?

I rubbed off my clamp band on my first autocross with the Addco bars on the right side.

Also are the links adjustable so you can weight the corners?

Looks great so far.

I attached a picture below. The arms cross over perpendicular to the steel section of the axle... not the boot or boot clamp. Also, notice that the piviot distance is longer for the arm than it is for the axle (at least on the DS). This means that the gap between the axle and the arm will get larger as the suspension is compressed (or lowered). However on the PS, I am not so certain. The non-lowered suspension performed fine and the end links could be made longer to give more clearence to the axle. I have quite a bit of thread in the rod end bearings from the bolt. Also, the PS arm is not above the CV boot clamp which gives a little more clearence.
That answers question #2. You could preload one side if you want. Either by adding spacers to the end link sleeve or by offsetting the arm by one tooth. (48 teeth per 360 deg).

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
someday...
ccfiero350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These will go well with my Leda shocks.

Any release dates?

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page