Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  JohnWPB 1986 GT Fastback worklog (Page 4)

Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: General Fiero Chat.
JohnWPB 1986 GT Fastback worklog by JohnWPB
Started on: 12-03-2010 12:28 AM
Replies: 700 (32043 views)
Last post by: Steel on 05-16-2017 07:06 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it's reading 21 PSI, and holding for at least a half hour when going back to check.

I just talked to Joey, and he is on the way down. I have to go get some fresh fuel, and then hook up the laptop. Hopefully with the new module, and the new TPS, we will get some good numbers, and be closer to getting it going.

EDIT:

Ok, this was with low fuel in the tank, draining all the old gas and such.... Today, after putting some fresh gas in, it is now up to 46 PSI on the fuel rail.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-11-2012).]

IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5181 posts
Member since May 2009
OK! All is well! After a little diagnosing, the TPS was getting a low voltage, around 3.2 volts. It just so happened I had a new Module here, so I went ahead and installed that, and the same goes for the Throttle Position Sensor. After replacing those 2 items, I left it alone last night.

This morning, I put some fresh fuel in it, and Joey got here about an hour later. We turned the key to the on position, and was getting around 50 PSI fuel pressure. So things were looking good. Joey forgot his laptop, so after downloading and setting up all the software, and the drivers for the Serial <-> USB converter and getting that all set up, we gave it a try. The software was not seeing the data connection to the car, and we puzzled with that for quite a while till he finally got it to work (about 2 hours later ). Now that the laptop was ready for some new readings, he asked me to turn it over to get some readings. I did, and Vroom! It immediately started! Go Figure! So it was something with the module, the TPS, or a combination of both it seems.

It starts easily now, and runs perfect, other than idling just a little but high around the 1,000 RPM range.

Here is a quick video of getting it running this afternoon, as well as some of the readings on the laptop from Tuner Pro:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-21-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok The time has come! ! ! ! ! Every time I would get ready to paint the car, something else financially would come up.... three times now, one including having to personally fly my sister-in-laws dog to Puerto Rico, after I spent $1,200 on it for surgery!

Well, no more! The car is in the paint shop finally! I got to drive it for the first time today on the road. It ran and drove great! I was so paranoid, as I had no side markers, no front bumper, and no seat belts!

Here she is sitting in the paint shop:

You can see the front bumper in the background, a 355 bumper from JimmyS. Also the spoiler off in the background on the left. I did some prep work getting it ready for paint. I also went around the car with a grease pencil, and circled all the small nichs, chips and imperfections that I could find, and they are going to pay special attention to those spots. Also, the windshield is being pulled out prior to painting, as it is all delaminating in the corners. I have the glass company ready to install a new one at the paint shop before I drive it home.

after looking for the past couple years at what seems like thousands of blue's, I finally settled on one. It is a metallic blue that was used on the 2007 Mustang:

I told the body shop to take their time with the car, and NOT feel like they have to rush, so they can do it right. They say it should be done the week after Thanksgiving. Then I can start to finally put all the new parts that I have stockpiled on it. To include the new tail lights, New trunk seal, new quarter windows, new sunroof track & molding, new smooth molding for hte entire car, the 3 LED side marker lights, the 4" fog lights, new emblems and stickers to replace all the factory faded / worn ones....... It's finally coming together!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-13-2012).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOWWWW that good to see there my friend ..... did you get time to send the CD ??? I put the new website on hold till I get those pics my friend...
take care ... cant wait to see the end result especially seeing ya with that grin on your face .... oh by the way a 3 LED marker light ????

Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

To include the new tail lights, New trunk seal, new quarter windows, new sunroof track & molding, new smooth molding for hte entire car, the 3 LED side marker lights, the 4" fog lights, new emblems and stickers to replace all the factory faded / worn ones....... It's finally coming together!

Sounds like someone lost a side marker light !!!
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good, John. Your persistence is paying off and you're going to end up with a great ride. Do I get to see it at Indianapolis or Frazee?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a brief video I shot while driving the car to the paint shop. I have never driven a car in this state of disrepair before LOL!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-19-2012).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update Time!

Ok, I got a call from Willie at the paint shop today, telling me they were putting on the first coat of primer if I wanted to come down and have a look.

When I got there, they were working on the fiberglass above the tail lights. My mechanic, kinda a big guy, broke it when leaning in to work on the engine. The repair job looks great, could never tell a good 7 inches of it had cracked and broken off.

The glass guys showed up as well, to take out the windshield. They had one helluva time! It took them the better part of an hour. The rubber had completely dried out and it just did not want to cooperate.

Sanding down and prepping my JimmyS 355i front bumper:

Filling in the tons of craters in the spoiler:

After hanging around for an hour or so, I am walking to the car to leave. One of the guys whistles at me, and tells me he has something to show me real quick.... He just finished mixing up the paint. and wanted to let me see it

Here is a quick walk-around of the car, then off to the bumper, spoiler, & hood:

Willie tells me they are gonna sand the first layer of heavy primer more in the morning, and around noon shoot another layer of primer if I want to stop by and watch.... I sure do, but gotta work

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The paint stage of a project is so exciting!

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

The paint stage of a project is so exciting!

Tell me about it! I started getting anxious to see it...... oh..... probably 5 minutes after I dropped it off! LOL

I warned them ahead of time, that, as part of the paying them to paint the car, is that I be granted full access to the shop to watch was part of the deal

[phone call in middle of posting]

Just talked to CaptnDean, he went over to Maaco to have a look at the car. He said it looks to him like they are doing a good job prepping it.
While I was there this afternoon, they had the mirrors off, and I got a look at the mirror gaskets. They are all warped, and hard as cement. I just ordered a pair of new ones from the Fiero Store, and will have them Wednesday. This way I can have them put them on, and not have to take the mirrors off myself when I get the car back

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-19-2012).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... not a single comment on the color... I about wet myself when he opened the can to show it to me LOL!

Just headed home from work, then I am off to the paint shop to check the progress. I want to take off the black plastic cover over the key assembly in the truck, so it does not get painted. I also bought some new rubber stops, grommets and such to replace the old dried out stuff on the hood.
PFF
System Bot
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I liked to color you picked out. I know that car with that front bumper will look very very nice. I was contemplating on using the same color for my rebuild, but decided to stay with white.....ok my friends made that decision for me lol.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a great color. Blue is my fave. That matallic pearly blue speaks for itself!
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry double post

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 11-20-2012).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress is MUCH faster than anticipated! They were supposed to have the car ready to paint the week after Thanksgiving. Now, it looks like it will be painted tomorrow! This morning they sanded down the 2nd layer of primer, and hit all the seams, jams and such with a coat of paint. They also did all of the detached parts, the fuel door surround and fuel door, spoiler, mirrors, bumper, headlight covers ect...

[While typing this I had to call and tell them, that they forgot the headlight doors, and the gas cap and surround, as it was not in the booth for the first layer with the other parts. He did a face palm when I called him LOL. He says he will have em shoot the first layer tomorrow when they shoot the car.]

Here is the car, with all the edges making sure to get a good coat of paint:

One of the mirrors:

Front bumper:

And finally, the spoiler / wing. Look at that mirror finish.... this is BEFORE wet sanding and the triple coats of clear that I asked for ! ! !

Crap! I forgot to take all the molding to them when I went over today. It needs to all be done in satin black.... Finishing this post, and headed back to the paint shop

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. You are going to have to bring that up north this summer for all of us to check out.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8 aka (Hat tip to Mr. J. Jones!)
http://jalopnik.com/5901950...or-her-sweet-sixteen
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... did I see you are having macco do the painting? Cause it looks like they are really pulling out all the stops. I'm impressed
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,

Is this the little sweetheart you're going to bring to Daytona? If so, I can't wait to see it up close and personal.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:
I liked to color you picked out. I know that car with that front bumper will look very very nice. I was contemplating on using the same color for my rebuild, but decided to stay with white.....ok my friends made that decision for me lol.

Always go with YOUR instinct

Originally posted by mrfred8:
Looking good. You are going to have to bring that up north this summer for all of us to check out.

Hey Fred! Sorry, probably never gonna happen
Straight from Google:
2,094 mi, 35 hours
In current traffic: 44 hours

Now add at minimal 6 hours a night sleeping x 2 nights now makes it 66 Hours ONE way! That works out to almost 6 days of just driving and minimal sleep. That right there is one week out of my vacation! On the other hand, I fly in to Frazee, on a Thursday night, and can spend 3 full days there, and get back for work on Monday morning. Not saying that I would not love to bring the car up for the Tyler Show, just that it is totally unrealistic

Originally posted by redraif:

Wow... did I see you are having macco do the painting? Cause it looks like they are really pulling out all the stops. I'm impressed

Damn I slipped up there... I wanted to wait till I got pictures of the completed car, all up close and personal, get responses, and then say "guess what.... Maaco!" LOL I know all the Maaco and Econo horror stories, and have personally seen them. On the other hand, I have heard good things from a couple people here locally about this perticular shop. You just have to be specific with what you want, and spend more for the paint job, than their $299 specials LOL. The old addage, you get what you pay for...

Originally posted by rpro:

John,
Is this the little sweetheart you're going to bring to Daytona? If so, I can't wait to see it up close and personal.

This is the one and only Fiero that I own, so yeppers this is the one I hope to have it ready by March, and no reason that it should not be, barring some major snafu.

As time goes by, I get more and more anxious! Now it's just tomorrow before I probably will get to see the car fully painted and awaiting wet sanding.

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Fred! Sorry, probably never gonna happen
Straight from Google:
2,094 mi, 35 hours
In current traffic: 44 hours

Now add at minimal 6 hours a night sleeping x 2 nights now makes it 66 Hours ONE way! That works out to almost 6 days of just driving and minimal sleep. That right there is one week out of my vacation! On the other hand, I fly in to Frazee, on a Thursday night, and can spend 3 full days there, and get back for work on Monday morning. Not saying that I would not love to bring the car up for the Tyler Show, just that it is totally unrealistic

Bring it up the 30th in Indianapolis, only about 1/2 as far

1,132 mi, 18 hours 43 mins
In current traffic: 18 hours 43 mins
I-75 N

I totally get that flying is much easier. Two pretty long days of driving that weekend wore me out. I can't wait to see your car put together.

------------------
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

[......] I can't wait to see your car put together.

That makes 2 of us
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the car is all sanded and prepped for paint! It has been a long time coming, and I can not wait to see it done this afternoon.

Here she is sitting in the paint booth:

Getting a good coat of sealer before the base coat:

Wow, I even like the look of just the base coat, a kinda slate blue in a satin finish:

I am beginning to think that this is all going way too smoothly! I think I have mentioned how every thing I do to this car, it fights me every step of the way. Even the simplest things as having someone come out and replace the door glass, and then they shatter it in the process.

Well it didnt stop today The car was all sealed, and the painter starts laying on the base coat on the rear bumper, decklid, and then starts working his way forward on the right side of the car. He got about to the front of the door, when he looks back and notices something. I see him walk over and set the paint gun down, not a good sign. The paint starts to wrinkle and fish eye like I have never seen before!

Of course the paint job is called off for the day, as it will require a complete resand, prep, and tape off of the entire back and side of the car. The floor man asked me if I had used a lot of WD40 while working on the car in the past... I was like Huh? This car has been prepped, sanded, wiped down, sealed and you are thinking it is WD40 from some time ago? Come to find out, the car that was painted, just before mine today, did the same EXACT thing. WD40 / blame towards me / blame it on fiberglass is now out the window. By the way, he never once blamed it on me as far as having to pay for a re-do, but to figure out what was causing it. He assured me it is their job to fix it, and get it done right.

Here is what the entire back bumper, decklid, rear quarter and passenger door looked like as I left the shop today:

So, now they will start to work on it Friday again, and should be done early next week. This time, I am sitting it out, and just waiting for them to give me a call to pick it up again, before I go back down there.

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE ! ! ! ! !

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-21-2012).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks to me like they have compressor oil in their hose. He should be using a filter just before the gun but it doesn't look like it in the pics you posted.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ JimmyS - DING! DING! DING! I spoke with the paint shop this morning, and they said the same thing. They have replaced the hoses, and are prepping the car today and tomorrow morning. They said I should be able to pick it up late tomorrow afternoon.

I am getting a little overly anxious about seeing it done! It has been consuming my thoughts all weekend!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deep cleansing breaths, John. In with the good air and out with the bad. Looks like they are taking pride in what they are doing and keeping their word. If the deep breathing doesn't work; there's always booze!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see the finished product :-)

~ Jen

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Can't wait to see the finished product :-)

~ Jen

You're NOT helping the situation

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha, at least you can go and check on your car :-) My car was painted 3 hours away...that was a wait! But lildevil and Bills3800 did a great job and it was worth it.

~ Jen
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news and bad news.....

Good news: Got a call at 8:30 saying the car is done, come pick it up....
Bad news: I have to work today!

I will not be able to go look at it / pick it up till late this afternoon. In the mean time, I called the glass installer, and they are headed over within the hour to put I. The new windshield.

I hope to have at least a couple pictures to post of it this afternoon.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-06-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you feeling Blue? just a few more hours.

------------------
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope to have at least a couple pictures to post of it this afternoon.

I hope so too!

I hope so too!

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WooHoo!!!! ok, so I picked up the car today, and it looks great! There are a few issues that will need some touchups, so I have to take it back in a week and a half or so after the paint cures.

So, come to find out DSL is out, so I am typing this on a minature keyboard hooked up to hy HP touchpad, running Android ICS. It is connected via WiFi to my Galaxy S3, being used as a hotspot. Gotta love technology. Unfortunately, the PFF image poster will not work on Android, so no way to attach pictures. So, I guess that you guys are now in a bit of suspense as to what it looks like, till DSL comes back up.

In the mean time, I tried to put the Fiero Store sunroof tracks in tonight...... TRIED is the key word! They stick up where they do fit, and the front rail the bolt holes do not even line up. It's gonna take some persuading to get them installed for sure.

I will get pictures posted as soon as the DSL comes back up.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
upload to facebook and host it from there.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, DSL is back

Of course, something had to go wrong today, it just wouldn't be a normal day for me if something didn't! LOL Driving the car home, there was some light smoke, that smelled kinda rancid, like burning paint. I am thinking that it is all the over spray on the exhaust and such. That is till I get home (just over a mile from the paint shop) and the back right tire is smoking! Great, locked caliper. I got the hose, and lightly misted it, as to not cool it too quickly and warp anything. I wanted to cool it down, as I did NOT want the paint on the calipers to catch fire, then the wheel well liner, then the battery above that... not after spending 2 G's on a paint job a half hour earlier!

Anyhow, I bought new hubs from Rock Auto just 2 days ago for the rear, and seems will just do the caliper while I have it apart.

Ok, on to the paint. This particular blue seems to be very hard to photograph! I have looked through all the pictures I have taken today. Each picture of the car, seems to be a different color! Let me say, this shade of blue is Ok, but not what I thought it was going to be. It seems to have just an ever so minute tint of red in it, giving a very slight purple to the color.

Ok, here is the first picture I took of the car, after I put the tail lights back in, so I could drive it home.
This image makes it look like a standard darker blue:

The next picture from the other side, the top looks very teal / aqua marine, and the bottom, a different blue that the first picture:

Lastly, the car in the driveway here at home. This picture is the closest to what the color actually looks like. Not exact, but close:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-19-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that looks great!
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flames...been there done that lol. Im glad nothing really bad happened. The car looks beautiful.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I am just sick to my stomach.... I had leaned the spoiler against a wall, and came back an hour later, and it had fallen over. It has a huge scratch,, right across the top. Not sure what this blunder is going to cost me.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the spoiler possibly they can just touch up and reclear?

Nice color, I love that teal to blue reaction with the sun, I have a car that sort of does that. Under a flourescent light such as a street light it takes on a purple-ish hue.

Dont let anything touch the paint if they told you it takes a week to cure. Dont cover it, dont wipe off dust or anything IMO. Trying to install things could lead to a damage spot too...? Make sure much later if you want to use a wax of any kind it is "breathable" just to be safe. Ask the paint shop because it seems many paints are different.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a very nice blue!
eljibaro127

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eljibaro127Send a Private Message to eljibaro127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever mount the front bumper?
This thread has been moved here: General Fiero Chat.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock