Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Hi! I'm a nice guy from Russia, and here is my Plazma! (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hi! I'm a nice guy from Russia, and here is my Plazma! by Daniel H
Started on: 11-23-2009 05:58 PM
Replies: 380 (28786 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 01-24-2024 06:30 AM
Daniel H

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Is that red Laura for sale or just a presentation piece?
Danyel

Just presentation piece. And it's without engine(it was 4cyl. but many years ago engine was blowed, and since that time it sitting there as a eyestopper).
IP: Logged
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you can see "rally gauges" moved behind a cluster, because there is no place for them in center pad. Looks like when that interior was designed, car hasn't have that option.

Passenger side.

Minor modification of hood opening handle to make it fit for new interior.

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 04-05-2015).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel H

189 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Laser cut details delivered, and I start assembling battery box, it's mount, and modification of spare tyre.

Check with drawing.

Bending.

Try on before welding.

Because stock Fiero spare tyre is too small for my new brakes, I has found in garage some bigger one.
But by the reason of my Plazma has different bolt patterns on front and rear, I must modify my spare tire rim.
I had draw and order new center piece, that now have 2 patterns: 5x100 and 5x114,3.

Starting modification with almost cut old center piece. Almost because i need it to get correct position of new center piece.

New center piece bolted on.

Father helps me with welding.

One side is welded and old center is cuted out.

New battery box is pre welded with few points to continue work.
Make strap hooks.

Second side of spare is welded and it's done.

As I said battery box mounted to spare tyre. Try on.

Try on to the compartment.

Holding straps and carrying straps. Only welding left.

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 04-05-2015).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What incredible craftsmen you and your father are!

This build is up there among the very best of them, in my opinion.

You are in good company.

I'm always in awe of those who never see any problem as insurmountable, but rather as just something else that slows the progress down a little bit that needs a solution. Hope that makes sense, given the slight language barrier, but it just means I have great respect for your ideas, concepts and methods of making them reality.

Sure could use your talents on some of my projects! I especially like the fact that when you need a tool to do a job and it's not available.....you make one! Great!

Thanks for taking the time to record and post your progress, there are many of us paying attention and looking forward to the next chapter.

HAGO! (That means Have A Good One... )
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

What incredible craftsmen you and your father are!

This build is up there among the very best of them, in my opinion.

You are in good company.

I'm always in awe of those who never see any problem as insurmountable, but rather as just something else that slows the progress down a little bit that needs a solution. Hope that makes sense, given the slight language barrier, but it just means I have great respect for your ideas, concepts and methods of making them reality.

Sure could use your talents on some of my projects! I especially like the fact that when you need a tool to do a job and it's not available.....you make one! Great!

Thanks for taking the time to record and post your progress, there are many of us paying attention and looking forward to the next chapter.

HAGO! (That means Have A Good One... )

Thank you very much for these words!
Your attention and recognition is very important to me! That's give me a force to solve every problem that stands on the way of my built.
Hope I will meet your expectations.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2015 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought new seats. This is the Chinese seats, selling under many brands (like Biltema, Corbeau, others, or as fake Recaro). Styled as Recaro Sportster CS (sure Recaro has best performance and quality, but even used Recaro Sportster CS cost around 2000$)

Started to modify cluster cover.

Junctions requires work on it.

Repaired headliner crack with superglue(Cyanoacrylate)

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 04-11-2015).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Made adapters to bolt new seats on stock mounting points.

Drivers side ready

Passengers side

Manufacturing new door glass seal for new door upper line.

Thinking about door panels design.

Bought Firebird dash, because I need air vents from it.
Problem is Laura interior uses 4pcs of Firebird center air vents (Side vents have bigger diameter). Will buy one more air vent.

Passengers side glass seal ready.

Working on cluster cover.

Moved switches to new place using parts of old brackets.

Tried to bleed clutch system but found slave cylinder have leaks.

Disassembled and found that cylinder mirror is in very bad condition.

Ordered master and slave cylinders from Rodney Dickman, but because shipping to Russia from US is not so fast I tried to repair old one.
Bought small hone.

In result cylinder become working. Maybe not so good as new, but enough to get car able to shift gears.
Later I will replace it with new from Rodney.

Reassembled master brake cylinder, because I was worried about it condition. But found it's in fine condition.

Looks amazing.

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed, it does look amazing! Great job so far
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the updates... looks great!
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huh! Found time to post some pics!

Assembled battery in front compartment.

And here is the great moment!
First run out from workshop!

When car was outside, with my father we tried to tune up ignition. And found ignition have problems. engine isn't work smooth, don't want to revving,
After research info about symptoms, it becomes clear, that reason, most likely, is bad Pickup coil.
But because shipping takes long time, and I don't know exactly about ignition problems reason, I has ordered from Fierostore some more parts for ignition system.

While waiting parts for ignition, order from Rodney Dickman has arrived.

Continuing work on interior I has modified receiver mounting place from 1,5 din to 2 din size.

Evaluate required modifications of console pad.

And start to modify it.

Ignition parts arrived!
Here is: Pickup coil, ignition module, MSD coil, MSD distributor cap, wires. Also ordered fan switch, because mine isn't work, thermostat housing cap, cause old has leaks, distributor oil ring, and vapor canister filter.

Started maintenance from distributor.

Removed and disassembled

Old pickup coil becomes crap. Don't think it can work.

Reassembled distributor and started to install new parts to car.

Engine compartment becomes beautiful!

After installing new parts engine becomes work very well!
Engine sounds awesome when idling and revving!
Run out from workshop to warm up engine and do some tests.
Drove first meters by the yard.

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 11-28-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you having trouble getting packages from here>? I ask because my finance is from Crimea and we cant send packages there to her parents. Since I live about 1 hour from Rodney I was curious if packages from here in Wisconsin are making it to you or are they being sent back to Rodney like our box of clothes was sent back to us heading there. If you are having trouble you may need to send it to someone in the Ukraine or Turkey then to you via a friend in those countries. This whole sanction thing is a pain in the rear.
PFF
System Bot
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Are you having trouble getting packages from here>? I ask because my finance is from Crimea and we cant send packages there to her parents. Since I live about 1 hour from Rodney I was curious if packages from here in Wisconsin are making it to you or are they being sent back to Rodney like our box of clothes was sent back to us heading there. If you are having trouble you may need to send it to someone in the Ukraine or Turkey then to you via a friend in those countries. This whole sanction thing is a pain in the rear.

No, I don't have problems about getting packages from US. Except situations then some internet shop don't want to sell and send something to someone from Russia. But Rondney, Fierostore, Rockauto don't have this problems. Yes, as I know, Crimea is under some restrictions about postal/business/banking stuff. I'm trying to stay away from all this politics things, just hope situation wouldn't escalate.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daniel H:

No, I don't have problems about getting packages from US. Except situations then some internet shop don't want to sell and send something to someone from Russia. But Rondney, Fierostore, Rockauto don't have this problems. Yes, as I know, Crimea is under some restrictions about postal/business/banking stuff. I'm trying to stay away from all this politics things, just hope situation wouldn't escalate.

Good to know packages make it there. We will send packages to family in Moscow then thanks for the reply.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi, guys!

Here is a couple fresh photos from Dmitry Parfenov.
His Northstar powered Laura 3:

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That's a very nice car, And the same can be said for your car. Glad to hear you got it fired up.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a beauty!

Is his car completed, or is he still putting the finishing touches on it? Either way, gorgeous car.

Great pictures. Looks like you have the same weather as we do in Ohio this week. We've had warmer than normal temperatures up untill the last two weeks or so. Then we got the snow over the weekend. Supposed to warm up today and tomorrow, so most will melt off.

Have you been able to do much more to your car recently. Can hardly wait for new updates.

When yours is finished, you will have to get together with Dmitry and his car to take pictures of the two cars together! One or both of them should be on the Fiero calendar next year with a caption that reads: "Yes, underneath this started as a Fiero!"

Post your own progress pictures when you get a chance, we all love seeing what you are doing.

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 12-29-2016).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

What a beauty!

Is his car completed, or is he still putting the finishing touches on it? Either way, gorgeous car.

Great pictures. Looks like you have the same weather as we do in Ohio this week. We've had warmer than normal temperatures up untill the last two weeks or so. Then we got the snow over the weekend. Supposed to warm up today and tomorrow, so most will melt off.

Have you been able to do much more to your car recently. Can hardly wait for new updates.

When yours is finished, you will have to get together with Dmitry and his car to take pictures of the two cars together! One or both of them should be on the Fiero calendar next year with a caption that reads: "Yes, underneath this started as a Fiero!"

Post your won progress pictures when you get a chance, we all love seeing what you are doing.

HAGO!

No, he must done some little things to end up with it. Some exterior detailing, some interior works. I heard he planing to get done it to summer.

Hmm, it's not so much snow this winter here in Saint-Petersburg. Sometimes there is a lot more.

I will post updates about my car later. I promise.

I'm also was think about idea to capture photos of Laura and my Plazma together. Think it would be wonderful pictures.
Fiero calendar? Gorgeous prospective, let's see, maybe it would happen.
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if this build was finished. I would love to see where you are on it.
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2017 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dead would love to where it's at now. This is a amazing build
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, to all of you!

I want to say sorry for long absence!
I still doing work on car, but for a long time could not get to post something here.
Progress on car is slow, by the reason of lot of work and family affairs.

So, I'll try to catch up, and post information about things done since last time I posted.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel H

189 posts
Member since Oct 2009

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 10-30-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So about things done:

Here is about process of door panels

To start building new door panels, first I made base panel. It's made from aluminum and fasten on bolts and clips.

Since base panel were done, I began to draw main design lines on it, and model design lines with thick wire.

Next I made from aluminum base panels for door panel elements like armrest, upper pad etc.

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel H

189 posts
Member since Oct 2009
When all base panels were done, I start to make elements of doors.

I spend a lot of time thinking about armrest design and door handle. Was think about to use some other handle, but decided to not increase complications, and invented design of pad, that will cover stock handle. Armrest design was very complicated thing, by the reason of it must be joint with front panel, be comfortable, and be available to covered with some material. And at all it must be beautiful and compatible with interior and exterior design.

Elements was made from hard foam sheets glued to aluminum base.

Began with armrest.

Next upper panel.

And then door handle pad.

Also made of cardboard paper test panel for door lock and mirror switch.

When all pads where done, I started to cut and grinding them.

Note, at these pictures armrest cut is not finished. So, final form of design will be at next post.

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next photos.

Made from stainless steel reinforcement element for door closing handle.

After long time mind search for armrest design, found good idea.

Sanding and grinding surfaces to made right fit and prepare to fiberglass lamination:

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been a while since Daniel updated this thread, but I just ran into his new youtube channel. Car looks good.

Bob

https://www.youtube.com/wat...0TW-GSNjQiUBKlaP3WX4
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very cool
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, guys!

Long time no posting here!
I'm so sorry, but so less time.

Still slowly working on car, despite all the difficulties.

You can watch some videos about PLAZMA on my youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/cha...NdVxVXHQdkkqw/videos

Now I release video of first road test drive of my car. Progress on car is little bit forward, but i'll hope next video will be soon.

https://youtu.be/BsPfTd9nC7E

So, please subscribe to my channel and comment!

I made those videos for you guys!

------------------

my PLAZMA build:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078528.html

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful job.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2021 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the video. Been wondering about the car.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome ! Thanks for the updates, keep it going . Beautiful car.
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2021 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about this car yesterday. Wondering how its going. Good to see your still at it.

This is my favorite body kit. I will be painting my car soon and most of the panels need to be replaced. Just daydreaming about modifications.

Keep up the good work!

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap SOLD
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

88GT resurrection in progress.

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2021 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm subbed to his Youtube channel. Hoping he's progressing on the build, I always loved these kits.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2021 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love this the Stratos is still one of my most favorite cars.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 06-08-2021).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2021 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, guys!

Made new video for you about how i painted my car!

Please subscribe to my channel and support with a comment and like!

Hope you'll enjoy the video

Dan

https://youtu.be/QBnAIOZq_PU

V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2021 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daniel,
Very nice job on paint, video and entire project! Congratulations!

------------------
88GT 355 CI, AED HO 750 Double Pumper, AFR milled 180, Dyno'd at 427 HP, 360 WHP, F40 6-Spd
anderson@gdsconsulting.com

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2021 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! that looks great!
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2021 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you did a really nice job given your surroundings and not having a paint booth to use! Great work looks incredible~
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2021 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it ! All your hard work has payed off big time. Make a video when you go to a car show, would be great to see the response.
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FANTASTIC! Well worth the wait. Keep us posted on your journey with the Plazma.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock