Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins by Bozzie
Started on: 01-26-2012 05:45 PM
Replies: 1166 (48330 views)
Last post by: Bozzie on 02-21-2023 06:27 PM
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With GREAT Wonderment and Pride , Alchemy feels the Sun in her glass for the 1st time in almost 2yrs. !! With all fluids checked , she fired right up and gave me the shivers as I let the clutch out and rolled her out.

Now to get busy with the body exhaust, interior and misc

Pontiacbuildersnortheast.com
IP: Logged
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
With her back inside time to work on the hatch. I took it off and cleaned it up.

Put some primer on it

and then some paint

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
While that was drying I started sanding the underside of the wing down.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
After sanding I noticed a few flaws, here is one of them and how i'll fix it.

first I cleaned it up and ground it open and tapered the sides

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Masking the area off and cut a few strips of mold fabric. I'll poke them in with a little flathead.

After soaking them in resin I poked a few in and then laid one on the top to dry

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
When dry I sanded it down. SOLID

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Hatch is now dry so I put it back on for good

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Experimenting a little here on a cowl idea. Not sure yet what I think. Im thinking of building a cowl for stock fiero's using a vent like this to hide the wipers. Hmmmmm.....

Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:
Neil , Thanks for chiming in ! 7hrs is Nothing That would be great to meet up, I think a few builds might be drivable within each other. Does Glenn have a build on here ? Its great to know there are builds not far from me. Your making me Jealous with your stage 3 Plans ! Building ahead for those plans is defiantly a time saver. Twin A2A Coolers are COOL

Boz

Bozzie...your build continues to look fantastic! Closer and closer every day!

Glenn doesn't have a build on PFF, though he does read and post here. His build is on a tube frame chassis and documented on MadMechanics
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2016 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Neils88 ^^^^^^^^^^^ . Every little thing is one less to do, can spend a day on a 2ft sq. section , as im sure you know about that , as well as Bob and MANY others !!! I'll check out that build on Mechanics !

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2016 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Continuing on here. Now that I can bring her outside ive noticed that the vacuum doesn't build up fast enough for the brakes. So I got in a CVR vacuum pump. This should solve it.

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2016 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Mounted this Puppy here. Somehow I have to put the MR2 pump in here as well later. Nother problem another day. Wired it up with ignition. It takes about 30sec. to get to 15hg of vacuum. Figured it will give me time to check over everything ever time I start her. Not a bad thing to do anyway. The more that goes into her the more patient you get and rushing is not a option ...even driving .....someday

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2016 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Problems never end till ya fix em' ! Ive always had a issue with the drain back from the turbo to the oil pan. Under hard acceleration the oil sloshs to the rear and that's where the turbo drain goes. Its as high as I could get it. Well...... that's the end of that. Sick of having blow by and smoke coming out the exhaust ! Mounted a RB Racing scavenge pump just under and forward of the turbo. Its pricey but worth it. Helicut gears are QUIET.... not that it matters but it lasts longer to Plumed it the valve cover. Also wired it to a relay with a delayed OFF so it runs for a extra 25 seconds. This pretty much finishes off all the pressure in the line.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2016 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Plumed to the valve cover.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2016 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Its geat to make body parts removable. Something I didn't think of in my first build but now its gods rule Running some wires for the taillights and markers. These will have plugs on them to make it easy to remove anytime. All wires wrapped in Tessa Tape....great stuff !!

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Multitasking a lot now. Makes things go faster as it comes together, feels like 2nd gear of the build now

Working on the side skirts here. Got some 1x8" boards to mock it up. Used a table saw to cut the angles and glue them together.

The main top area, cut on a angle to go with the door bottom. Clamped it in place and moving onto the next.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
I cut the front area on a 30degree angle and glued it together. The bottom of the new sill is cut to match. All nailed and glued. I'll sand it down abit later. The rear part of the rocker will be built later when Alchemy goes for a alignment so I can put it where it needs to be, as for now I have no idea where that is ! For now time to build the exact opposite for the passenger side.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Rocker # 1

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Took the headlight doors off for now. Contemplating another mod. The Koenig Evolution has dual 4x6 lights with plexi covers. Gonna just let this sit so I can wrap my head around making them

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Fooling with the exhaust now. The downpipe is 4" so I need a few parts to convert this to a dual 3" tip.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Couple of Stainless bends, a 3 to 4" adaptor and a dual 3" collector to be used for my " tip"

PFF
System Bot
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2016 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is one car I must see in person one day. Looking great Bozzie!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Davy ! Thanks for chiming in Absolutely your welcome anytime

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Back to the Exhaust. I took the 180degree 4" pipe and trimmed it to angle toward the rear off the 4" downpipe. There is NO muffler. I had one on this before but with a turbo it already quiets it down abit.....and since this is definatly not a daily driver and everything else is already loud, I figured why bother Put the rear bumper back on to align the tip.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Trimmed down the downpipe a few inch's and welded the curved section on. Here im aligning the tip to be welded.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Tip is where I want it and now to weld that together. Later on i'll cut the tip shorter at 90 degrees to the ground and then flip the excess that I cut over and reweld it to it so it actually faces straight back

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
BLAM ! Done for now. I will wrap it with heat wrap soon. Its pretty loud, but then again its loud just sitting still

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Done for the day and back to her "spot" Next up is glassing in the plugs I made for the sills.

engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2016 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good keep up the great work
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2016 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sick talent ! 👍
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2016 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Googily moogily, she's sinister and beautiful. Great job.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2016 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Boz, your car continues to amaze! I can't wait to see the new rocker panels.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Mark , Bob and Neil for chiming in Its coming together much quicker now. Love the accelerated pace ! And without Further ad'u ......

Left and right rockers :

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Coated them with masking tape , which also formed the "boxed" end of the front of the rocker. This is where the upright of the lower rear front fender will attach to. Its crude but simple:

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
The rockers will be in 2 parts finally joining as 1. Because the rear is not aligned yet / after the stretch , I cannot judge where the rear part of the rocker is supposed to be. It will also transition into a 90degree vertical rocker from the 30degree one shown here. Here it is with 3 layers of glass

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
The last layer of glass I added some black gelcoat to the mixture. When I sand this down it will be easier to see the high / low spots.

Here's the pair drying :

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
After it dried I took a DA with 36grit paper and knocked the high spots down. Its pretty smooth for now. Later i'll duraglass it and get it straight. For now I just want to make the pieces and do all the finish work later Here it is after I popped it out.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
After some trimming around the edges shes done for now. Next step is making a steel frame for it to mount to.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In addition to the obvious eye candy, this thread is a treasure trove of how to's in terms of fiberglassing and fabrication. Bozzie did you have much fiberglass experience prior to this build ?
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, thank you for your insight on the build. You've been great from day one when I was just a "newbie" Ive always been a "mcgyver" type. Before Fiero's I was mostly into fabrication with electronics, metals, plastics and some fiberglass, nothing like the extent this build is taking. BUT, with lots of trial and error, redo's and failure , this project is coming true. I must say, that there are many on here that have inspired me, and sometimes kept me going on. There is a lot behind the scenes here, happiness, frustration, anger and anticipation. Its just amazing what you can do to these little cars. How you can create with your mind, and apply. How a dream can be made real in a sense that otherwise would not be possible to buy. Like all the different ways people are changing or restoring these cars. Like how I fell in love with the Koenig 512evalution and never looked back. I keep a pic in my office that I look at involuntary all the time and when I look at my car I tweek it just a little bit more I hope that those who see the builds on here take it as I did, as nothing is impossible, and patience is defiantly a virtue

Boz
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock