Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "off the Rickst'er Scale" begins by Bozzie
Started on: 01-26-2012 05:45 PM
Replies: 1166 (48330 views)
Last post by: Bozzie on 02-21-2023 06:27 PM
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And she dropped right in. Its at these times that make you think if you forgot anything !! That's the stuff that keeps you up at night !

IP: Logged
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
its SO good to be back to this point !

Headers on ! I Had a V Band tigged to the end of it . The Turbo inlet will be all V band. I had sealing issues before.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Cleaning things up and getting her ready to go back to her home

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. How does it sound with headers?
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rob, I was running a Flowmaster muffler before and she had a real sweet rumble. Just sounded like it looked. Under boost its more like a F4 Phantom taking off, the Rush of air is insane
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Mocking up the Fuel fill

pontiacbuildersnortheast.com

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 06-20-2016).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here I made a support for the center of the hatch, also a place where it will be secured along with the lexan window later.

Pontiacbuildersnortheast.com
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Heres Archies shift cable mounting, im swapping it out to Guru's setup.

And Guru's

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Painted the Front Cradle mounts

New cables

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Stiffened up the header mount where the Turbo V Bands in

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Finally got to a point of Putting her back in. Lots of little things to do but I can get it with it in. Lowered down and bolted up

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Mounted the Intercoolers. Lots of things to hook up now...... Till next time

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2016 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://youtu.be/ZsxCMPQzqvk
"We have the technology...we can rebuild it...The Bionic Fiero/Ferrari/Bozzie original speed wagon"

So satisfying to just SEE this coming together, can only imagine the glee you must be feeling, even knowing the massive amount of work yet to be done.

One brick at a time, the wall gets built!

[Never have been able to get the "embed" function to work for me...not sure what I'm doing wrong...followed the instruction to the letter...just has never worked...I see others have done it...open to suggestions.]

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 06-21-2016).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2016 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I mention:

Thanx for letting us join your journey.

Bob
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sage.....LOL.... Thank you ! Heres a quick story for all. When I was alittle younger....in a time kinda far back at my dads house he had a bunch of trees cut down. They put all the mulch in a big pile. My dad not liking mulch so much wanted to get rid of it. So.....every day he went in the back yard and put as much as he could in a small box and took it to work to put in the dumpster. I laughed to myself as looking at the pile I thought it would take a lifetime. It didn't look like much was leaving for awhile but then the pile got smaller. And then even smaller until it was just alittle pile....and then it was gone. I believe that it was this unspoken lesson that brought me to big projects without fear. Because I can see the end, not knowing when, it usually sneaks up on ya, as I believe anyone with a eye on there project can see. We just hope to eventually get there for usually its all about the journey ... right RCR !

Thanks everyone for watching and chiming in !

Boz

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
A few pics as she is

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Plugging things in and hooking stuff up. Lots of everything.....

Computer hooked up

Making up some power cables out of O gauge wire

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Now to mock up the turbo and piping / wastegate......

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
After moving this thing around to clear the intercoolers , it seams like the best position is this, but the intake is blocked by the power steering pump. So.... somethings gotta give !

Took the inlet pipe down after mocking up the wastegate . Time to get it tigged

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
in the meantime I braced the Flange for the exhaust inlet to the turbo. Solid, like everything else is in the motor mounting

V Band flange on the turbo mount

orientation of turbo

power steering pump in the way !!!

Pump removed, aircleaner installed

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Its a good fit

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the new brake lines run and some other stuff hooked up here..............

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
passenger side brake lines, etc. coming together. Hooking up the oil lines, cooler lines......makin it neat

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
back on the ground and enough for today. Still need to bleed everything and make the connections on the inside.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is simply 'BAD ASS'.
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bozzie this car is just great and it was a honor to meet you and your dad today you are a gifted artist with automobiles
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why does the exhaust from the front bank route under the throttle body? Wouldn't it be better to go under the engine?
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks really awesome, Bozzie.

Bob
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Steve for chiming in Mark, it was great meeting you , and checking out your swap for real !! It looks amazing , and sounds ridiculous !! Your REALLY making me think of the NEXT MOD !!!! One day we'll make a fun run together Amida, not sure why it goes that way , but there headers from ZZP for a grand prix, just happen to fit and works good with my setup. Plus there JET HOT coated and that really help contain the heat. Bob.....as always, thanks buddy. Between you and me and Neil, and Carlos, and Motoracer, and......... so many others, would be SO Cool, to get together one day and just shoot the breeze !!! Anyway, no car work this weekend for me, time to relax a bit with the family, thou my thoughts will be on the CAR !!! Have a AWESOME weekend and 4th EVERYONE !!

Boz

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bozzie... I don't know if this is intentional or not, but your project is sure looking a lot like a Koenig Competition Ferrari Testarossa.

Which is a very, very good thing if you ask me.

Keep up the good work, and have a happy and safe 4th!
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2016 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bozzie any updates
PFF
System Bot
deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to NEED an update. It's been almost two months!!!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where does the time GO ?!!! And then especially the summer ! Im actually looking forward to the cooler weather as body work is back on the table. Its defiantly been awhile Mark and Jordan...... your right ! ITALGT, your right on the head with your assumption as ill show you the pic that changed how I see my car, like love at first sight, just had to have her

Alchemy will never be the same again ! This is the endgame

------------------

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
As everyone can see this is NOT a kit im building. It is like how Neils88 is going about his build. This is by far not exact. Just a lot of looking at pictures and perspectives of such that bring out the build. Building parts, liking them, hating them , redoing them, putting a picture together one panel at a time. Being im building a "replica" of the Koenig 512 Evolution I have looked at these cars and there different variations for awhile. Its pretty cool to see so many different versions, sometimes there just alittle different in there lines..... as Is my build. I hope everyone is enjoying watching as I enjoy watching there's as well. Everyone is a inspiration at some point and needs one at some point as well.

Boz

------------------

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
So after some planning of what I needed and awaiting parts, santa came early

------------------

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
I also tigged the wastegate inlet on.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here the turbo is back on in its correct position. Badly needed new air cleaner .....old one had 2 yrs of body dust on it ! Power steering pump removed and awaiting its new home up front.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Now for some turbo piping Ive been waiting for THIS ! Working on the far side mocking up the blow off valve and intake into the engine.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Its a Tight fit. As more and more get crammed in. Ive always hated working in tight spaces, but loving these lil cars has changed that for me. The more mechanical the better !

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Here the intermediate pipe between the intercoolers is installed. It has alittle bend to it but the couplers take that in well.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock